Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

am I allowed to create an other account in pokemon showdown so I can test my teams against each other?(I want to control one account with my phone and the other with my laptop).
Alts are allowed on Pokemon Showdown! yes, you could also open another tab on your computer in incognito mode, use a different name and challenge yourself on there. Questions like this should go here though, this is for Smogon questions

I have got a couple of questions about the "apprentice program sign ups"

1. what even is this program?are they for begginers who barely understand the game?do they teach you more advanced things about team building?or they are even more advanced than that?
  2. what do they mean when they say that we need "at least 15 posts"?do comments count as posts or they mean opening threads like rate my team?
  3. I am a bit confused about the part where they require experience. first they say that we need to play some tournaments but then they say that around 70 matches on pokemon showdown will do. I have got over 2000 matches in pokemon showdown but 0 matches in any tournament,so do I meet this requirent or not?
any way,I doubt if the tutors would be any helpful to me (I am talking from experience with the community the modderators and after reading a couple poorly written articles smogon), so the only reason I am asking these questions is out of curiosity.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I have got a couple of questions about the "apprentice program sign ups"

1. what even is this program?are they for begginers who barely understand the game?do they teach you more advanced things about team building?or they are even more advanced than that?
  2. what do they mean when they say that we need "at least 15 posts"?do comments count as posts or they mean opening threads like rate my team?
  3. I am a bit confused about the part where they require experience. first they say that we need to play some tournaments but then they say that around 70 matches on pokemon showdown will do. I have got over 2000 matches in pokemon showdown but 0 matches in any tournament,so do I meet this requirent or not?
any way,I doubt if the tutors would be any helpful to me (I am talking from experience with the community the modderators and after reading a couple poorly written articles smogon), so the only reason I am asking these questions is out of curiosity.
Hey, about the first point, I made a long answer about B101 here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...gestions-thread.3582200/page-141#post-9315386 but basically it's for people who already have some knowledge about the game and want to learn a new tier or improve in a tier they already know a bit. It will likely depend on the tutor you have, but you will probably go over advanced things.

For the second question, the number of posts is all the posts you have on smogon and not just the new threads, so for you it's 67.

And for the third question, you could probably ask to a B101 mod if you want, but I think it is to unsure that tutees have some experience in competitive Pokemon already and didn't just played casually on Pokemon Showdown without really understanding the game.

Anyway, feel free to have a look at this thread if you haven't already: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/b101-signups-faq.3591291/ The last point should also answer some of the questions you've asked here. And if some things are still unclear you should probably try asking a B101 mod directly as they'll be able to give you more precise answers. Hope this helps!

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Adding a Signups prefix to any subforum that hosts events would be cool. It takes out the middle man of having to search by title to find them, in addition to making signup threads be indexable so that you can have all the available signups in a subforum contained in one url without having the clutter of all the other threads you would normally get by lumping them with all the other "Tournament" prefix threads.

Maybe this is a weird question, but is there a thread compiling all the forum bans? Kind of like the administrative decisions threads for tourneys. Sometimes I see seemingly respected forum members get banned and I get curious about what happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 6)