Metagame [SPOILERS] Scarlet & Violet OU Discussion [BAN LIST POST 626]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palafin finna be OU

It got Battle Bond, but debatably slightly worse. Zero to Hero is legit a Battle Bond but if you switch. It can use Encore locking, Haze, Boomburst. It gets walled by pex ye - until it pulls out Zen Headbutt

I think a CB set with Flip Turn (to proc Zero to Hero), Close Combat, Jet Punch for priority and Zen Headbutt / Tera Blast for Toxapex. Imma spam it on ladder and show y'all its potential

Furthermore, its stats. 100/160/97/106/87/100. Almost on the level of FUCKIN KYUREM BLACK. I'm almost certain this monster is UUBL if not an Uber. Its fast, strong, and can take a hit if need be. I'm so hyped man. This thing is Ash-Greninja at home and it'll prove itself
if rain is relevant at all, paladin will be a staple.

rain boosted jet punch of 160 attack is significantly better than aqua jet from Barraskewda.

and it doesn’t need a choice band to 2hko the non-water resisted metagame.

A lot of the Pokémon faster than it can’t resist the priority attacks, so offensive counter play will be more difficult than against barraskewda. This is because it has decent bulk and can switch moves with mystic water or life orb.

and barraskewda is precedent for how potent a fast and strong water type can be against offensive teams.

it remains to be seen if rain is a common or viable strategy tho.. so let’s find out.

if rain is relevant at all, paladin will be a staple.

rain boosted jet punch of 160 attack is significantly better than aqua jet from Barraskewda.

and it doesn’t need a choice band to 2hko the non-water resisted metagame.

A lot of the Pokémon faster than it can’t resist the priority attacks, so offensive counter play will be more difficult than against barraskewda. This is because it has decent bulk and can switch moves with mystic water or life orb.

and barraskewda is precedent for how potent a fast and strong water type can be against offensive teams.

it remains to be seen if rain is a common or viable strategy tho.. so let’s find out.
So far we got Pelipper to set it (but no Defog) and Barraskewda as a Swift Swimmer. How was rain teams in SM OU Ctann? I think it'll be like that

Imma try Revavroom in the meta. It seems alright, but has flaws

Its not bulky, needs Shift Gear to do much of anything and has coverage issues. Tera Blast only does so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)