SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I’ve always loved munkidori’s playstyle and I think psychic noise is a really neat boost for it. Sadly not enough for OU viability just yet, but it’s got a legit stallbreaker niche now.

clicking psychic noise with munkidori both prevents healing for 2 turns and has a 30% toxic chance. That’s an extremely strong utility move. It’s certainly not gonna be enough to be viable though because of corviknight, ting-lu, slowking-g (unless it somehow does stop regen lol)

Regardless, I feel like imagining guys in GF are laughing their asses off over people having this semantic debate. Likely not the first time since Cosmog and Type: Null came into existence. :psysly:
Nah much further back (& those 2 at least had the decency to be clearly marked as legendary), you want ancient semantic debates you want these mfers
479.png

(Because it played the Legendary battle theme, you see)

489.png

(Endless misery for years)

For terapagos, I really hope the 600bst version stays OU and the 700bst version stays ubers.

a big bulky rapid spinner with a better multi scale seems like a great addition to OU. I would expect it to run rapid spin, toxic, stealth rock, scorching sands? or something to reliably hit gholdengo. dark pulse?

Nah much further back (& those 2 at least had the decency to be clearly marked as legendary), you want ancient semantic debates you want these mfers
479.png

(Because it played the Legendary battle theme, you see)

489.png

(Endless misery for years)
You got me there, I forgot Phione exists and still suffers from unresolved debacle.:totodiLUL:

We can all agree one one thing though: GF is Troll Freak.

anywho, i suddenly remembered this datamine from February

New strings and structures added to the Scarlet/Violet 1.2.0 update hint at something interesting. Inside the `dlc.dat` text file, we see lines about receiving DLC items, apparel, and even Pokémon. Full English text: pastebin.com/raw/rsjTdrjC

FqGV-HFakAA2x1e.png

A mysterious new data structure was added in the serialization schemas to store DLC Gift Pokémon Data. See below picture for a C# translation of the structure (types/fields named by GameFreak, comments by me):

FqGUIMwaUAAf7v_.png

Seems like there will be some sort of external generator to create DLC data, and these "DLC Gifts" (handled separately from Mystery Gift) might be player customizable prior to receipt in-game. Unsure how accessible this DLC feature will be.

At the time I think we theorized this was the "PKHexLite" type function, and that maybe we'd go through the game to generate it elsewhere and then download it or something to that effect.
Obviously that didn't pan out since it doesnt seem like anything akin to that is in the game, so I'm pretty curious if there'll be anything else pointing to work done on this. Maybe it'll be an entirely browser-side type thing (think Global Link), or done as a tie-in to something in Japan (like preorder a movie ticket, buy these things, etc) or something like that. Maybe a Pokemon Day thing, make your own clothing and generate a Pokemon of your choice kinda deal? That'd be cute.

For terapagos, I really hope the 600bst version stays OU and the 700bst version stays ubers.

a big bulky rapid spinner with a better multi scale seems like a great addition to OU. I would expect it to run rapid spin, toxic, stealth rock, scorching sands? or something to reliably hit gholdengo. dark pulse?

Terastal form looks way more balanced than Stellar form. It has decent bulk but has no recovery, and being a mono Normal means it's worn down pretty easily by Fighting types.

I really thought this thing would be about as big as one of the tapu, rather than the approximate size of a larg epeach
owo but it's adorable

Bit sad that it's a Mythical though (then again, we knew we were getting one, I just did not expect it to actually be the peach guy).

I don't mind it being off a event. Differently from back in gen 4, unlikely that we'll need to go phisically somewhere to activate it.

Do we have any information regarding a mechanics change to Meloetta/Relic Song?
Meloetta was already in game files, outside of bugfixes it shouldn't have received any change

Oh yeah, for the record, it's now noted that Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes now have their own separate special classifications amongst the Legendary/Mythical stuff.

Now we have five classifications: sub-legendary, Restricted Legendary, Mythical, Ultra Beast, and Paradox. The latter two are special classifications that are individualized now as well.

With this in mind, this basically goes down the list of these five categories and who is in who:

144.png
Articuno
145.png
Zapdos
146.png
Moltres
243.png
Raikou
244.png
Entei
245.png
Suicune
377.png
Regirock
378.png
Regice
379.png
Registeel
380.png
Latias
381.png
Latios
480.png
Uxie
481.png
Mesprit
482.png
Azelf
485.png
Heatran
486.png
Regigigas
488.png
Cresselia
638.png
Cobalion
639.png
Terrakion
640.png
Virizion
641.png
Tornadus
642.png
Thundurus
645.png
Landorus
772.png
Type: Null
773.png
Silvally
785.png
Tapu Koko
786.png
Tapu Lele
787.png
Tapu Bulu
788.png
Tapu Fini
891.png
Kubfu
892.png
Urshifu
144-g.png
Galarian Articuno
145-g.png
Galarian Zapdos
146-g.png
Galarian Moltres
894.png
Regieleki
895.png
Regidrago
896.png
Glastrier
897.png
Spectrier
905.png
Enamorus
1001.png
Wo-Chien
1002.png
Chien-Pao
1003.png
Ting-Lu
1004.png
Chi-Yu
1014.png
Okidogi
1015.png
Munkidori
1016.png
Fezandipiti
1017.png
Ogerpon

150.png
Mewtwo
249.png
Lugia
250.png
Ho-oh
382.png
Kyogre
383.png
Groudon
384.png
Rayquaza
483.png
Dialga
484.png
Palkia
487.png
Giratina
643.png
Reshiram
644.png
Zekrom
646.png
Kyurem
716.png
Xerneas
717.png
Yveltal
718.png
Zygarde
789.png
Cosmog
790.png
Cosmoem
791.png
Solgaleo
792.png
Lunala
800.png
Necrozma
888-c.png
Zacian
889-c.png
Zamazenta
890.png
Eternatus
898.png
Calyrex
1007.png
Koraidon
1008.png
Miraidon
1024.png
Terapagos

151.png
Mew
251.png
Celebi
385.png
Jirachi
386.png
Deoxys
489.png
Phione
489.png
Manaphy
491.png
Darkrai
492.png
Shaymin
493.png
Arceus
494.png
Victini
647.png
Keldeo
648.png
Meloetta
649.png
Genesect
719.png
Diancie
720.png
Hoopa
721.png
Volcanion
801.png
Magearna
802.png
Marshadow
807.png
Zeraora
808.png
Meltan
809.png
Melmetal
893.png
Zarude
1025.png
Pecharunt

793.png
Nihilego
794.png
Buzzwole
795.png
Pheromosa
796.png
Xurkitree
797.png
Celesteela
798.png
Kartana
799.png
Guzzlord
803.png
Poipole
804.png
Naganadel
805.png
Stakataka
806.png
Blacephalon

984.png
Great Tusk
985.png
Scream Tail
986.png
Brute Bonnet
987.png
Flutter Mane
988.png
Slither Wing
989.png
Sandy Shocks
990.png
Iron Treads
991.png
Iron Bundle
992.png
Iron Hands
993.png
Iron Jugulis
994.png
Iron Moth
995.png
Iron Thorns
1005.png
Roaring Moon
1006.png
Iron Valiant
1009.png
Walking Wake
1010.png
Iron Leaves
1020.png
Gouging Fire
1021.png
Raging Bolt
1022.png
Iron Boulder
1023.png
Iron Crown

A lot of lists but there you go

Oh yeah side note but updated these lists I made a few months ago with Terapagos, Pecharunt, and the new Paradoxes, but this covers everything up to now as to who falls into which of these five special categories.

By the way, how do you change Deoxys forms ? Is it same as the others, go to the AH, get the meteorite or whatever it is, and it lets you pick which form to swap to?

Kind of an out-of-nowhere question, but does anyone have examples of returning mons who got their models revamped? I’ve really been enjoying Gamefreak going back and changing outdated/wonky models in Gen 9 and I wanna see if they changed any more. (BTW, I already know they remodeled the Johto legendary duo, they look excellent!)

BONUS: Here’s another pic of the remodeled Kanto starters posted by Nintendo’s Twitter, they look so jolly and full of life now, especially Venusaur :D
IMG_1603.jpeg

Mons that get Pain Split: :Arbok: :Vulpix: :Vulpix-Alola: :Ninetales: :Ninetales-Alola: :Igglybuff: :Jigglypuff: :Wigglytuff: :Meowth: :Persian: :Grimer: :Grimer-Alola: :Muk: :Muk-Alola: :Gastly: :Haunter: :Gengar: :Koffing: :Weezing: :Weezing-Galar: :Moltres-Galar: :Mew: :Misdreavus: :Mismagius: :Pineco: :Forretress: :Dunsparce: :Dudunsparce: :Qwilfish: :Qwilfish-Hisui: :Overqwil: :Slugma: :Magcargo: :Houndour: :Houndoom: :Ralts: :Kirlia: :Gardevoir: :Gallade: :Nosepass: :Probopass: :Sableye: :Meditite: :Medicham: :Gulpin: :Swalot: :Shuppet: :Banette: :Duskull: :Dusclops: :Dusknoir: :Deoxys: :Shellos: :Gastrodon: :Drifloon: :Drifblim: :Spiritomb: :Froslass: :Rotom: :Rotom-Wash: :Rotom-Mow: :Rotom-Heat: :Rotom-Fan: :Rotom-Frost: :Uxie: :Mesprit: :Giratina: :Giratina-Origin: :Zorua: :Zorua-Hisui: :Zoroark: :Zoroark-Hisui: :Solosis: :Duosion: :Reuniclus: :Alomomola: :Litwick: :Lampent: :Chandelure: :Keldeo: :Chespin: :Quilladin: :Chesnaught: :Phantump: :Trevenant: :Mareanie: :Toxapex: :Comfey: :Passimian: :Sandygast: :Palossand: :Mimikyu: :Bruxish: :Magearna: :Polteageist: :Polteageist-Antique: :Hatterene: :Alcremie: :Pincurchin: :Spectrier: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Basculegion: :Spidops: :Mabosstiff: :Bramblin: :Brambleghast: :Toedscool: :Toedscruel: :Wugtrio: :Greavard: :Houndstone: :Veluza: :Flutter-Mane: :Poltchageist: :Poltchageist-Artisan: :Sinistcha: :Sinistcha-Masterpiece:
Mons that get Temper Flare: :Charmander: :Charmeleon: :Charizard: :Growlithe: :Growlithe-Hisui: :Arcanine: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Magby: :Magmar: :Magmortar: :Tauros-Paldea-Blaze: :Gyarados: :Flareon: :Moltres: :Mew: :Cyndaquil: :Quilava: :Typhlosion: :Typhlosion-Hisui: :Snubbull: :Granbull: :Slugma: :Magcargo: :Houndour: :Houndoom: :Torchic: :Combusken: :Blaziken: :Numel: :Camerupt: :Torkoal: :Shelgon: :Salamence: :Chimchar: :Monferno: :Infernape: :Drifloon: :Drifblim: :Stunky: :Skuntank: :Rhyperior: :Tepig: :Pignite: :Emboar: :Litwick: :Lampent: :Chandelure: :Fletchinder: :Talonflame: :Pyroar: :Litten: :Torracat: :Incineroar: :Toucannon: :Salandit: :Salazzle: :Scorbunny: :Raboot: :Cinderace: :Rolycoly: :Carkol: :Coalossal: :Fuecoco: :Crocalor: :Skeledirge: :Klawf: :Capsakid: :Scovillain: :Revavroom: :Cyclizar: :Great-Tusk: :Slither-Wing: :Chi-Yu: :Koraidon: :Gouging-Fire:
Mons that get Supercell Slam: :Geodude-Alola: :Graveler-Alola::golem-alola: :electrode: :electrode-hisui::Rhyhorn: :rhydon: :rhyperior: :snorlax: :zapdos: :mew: :ampharos::Elekid: :Electabuzz: :electivire: :raikou: :luxray: :rampardos: :magnezone: :probopass: :arceus: :Blitzle::zebstrika: :eelektross: :thundurus-therian: :thundurus: :zekrom: :vikavolt: :pincurchin: :copperajah: :regieleki: :ursaluna: :pawmot: :bellibolt: :kilowattrel: :cyclizar: :great-tusk: :sandy-shocks: :iron-treads: :iron-hands: :iron-thorns: :miraidon: :Raging-Bolt: :Iron-Crown: :Terapagos:
Mons that get Triple Axel: :Sandshrew-Alola: :Sandslash-Alola: :Ninetales-Alola: :Seel: :Dewgong: :Articuno: :Mew: :Bellossom: :Sneasel: :Weavile: :Hitmontop: :Kirlia: :Gardevoir: :Gallade: :Milotic: :Piplup: :Prinplup: :Empoleon: :Ambipom: :Glaceon: :Froslass: :Leavanny: :Lilligant-Hisui: :Minccino: :Cinccino: :Cryogonal: :Mienshao: :Meloetta: :Popplio: :Brionne: :Primarina: :Steenee: :Tsareena: :Frosmoth: :Meowscarada: :Quaxwell: :Quaquaval:
Mons that get Scorching Sands: :Charizard: :Sandshrew: :Sandslash: :Ninetales: :Diglett: :Diglett-Alola: :Dugtrio: :Dugtrio-Alola: :Growlithe-Hisui: :Arcanine: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Rhyhorn: :Rhydon: :Rhyperior: :Flareon: :Magmar: :Magmortar: :Moltres: :Mew: :Typhlosion: :Magcargo: :Entei: :Ho-Oh: :Blaziken: :Numel: :Camerupt: :Torkoal: :Trapinch: :Vibrava: :Flygon: :Groudon: :Torterra: :Infernape: :Shieldon: :Bastiodon: :Gible: :Gabite: :Garchomp: :Hippopotas: :Hippowdon: :Heatran: :Arceus: :Drifblim: :Excadrill: :Sandile: :Krokorok: :Krookodile: :Golett: :Golurk: :Reshiram: :Landorus: :Landorus-Therian: :Delphox: :Diancie: :Volcanion: :Incineroar: :Sandygast: :Palossand: :Minior: :Cinderace: :Carkol: :Coalossal: :Silicobra: :Sandaconda: :Skeledirge: :Armarouge: :Sandy-Shocks: :Gouging-Fire: :Terapagos:
Mons that get Meteor Beam: :Clefairy: :Clefable: :Golem-Alola: :Rhydon: :Rhyperior: :Mew: :Ampharos: :Sudowoodo: :Nosepass: :Probopass: :Metang: :Metagross: :Regirock: :Registeel: :Rayquaza: :Jirachi: :Deoxys: :Bastiodon: :Bronzong: :Arceus: :Carbink: :Avalugg-Hisui: :Diancie: :Minior: :Solgaleo: :Lunala: :Necrozma: :Drednaw: :Rolycoly: :Carkol: :Coalossal: :Stonjourner: :Eternatus: :Nacli: :Naclstack: :Garganacl: :Armarouge: :Klawf: :Glimmet: :Glimmora: :Iron-Jugulis: :Iron-Moth: :Iron-Thorns: :Koraidon: :Archaludon: :Iron-Boulder: :Terapagos:
Mons that get Dragon Cheer: :Charizard: :Exeggutor-Alola: :Gyarados: :Lapras: :Dratini: :Dragonair: :Dragonite: :Mew: :Ampharos: :Sceptile: :Flygon: :Swablu: :Altaria: :Milotic: :Bagon: :Shelgon: :Salamence: :Latias: :Latios: :Rayquaza: :Cranidos: :Rampardos: :Gible: :Gabite: :Garchomp: :Axew: :Fraxure: :Haxorus: :Deino: :Zweilous: :Hydreigon: :Reshiram: :Zekrom: :Kyurem: :Goodra: :Goodra-Hisui: :Noivern: :Salazzle: :Jangmo-o: :Hakamo-o: :Kommo-o: :Duraludon: :Archaludon: :Drakloak: :Dragapult: :Regidrago: :Cyclizar: :Tatsugiri: :Iron-Jugulis: :Baxcalibur: :Roaring-Moon: :Koraidon: :Miraidon: :Walking-Wake: :Dipplin: :Hydrapple: :Gouging-Fire: :Raging-Bolt:
Mons that get Alluring Voice::Pikachu: :Raichu: :Raichu-Alola: :Cleffa: :Clefairy: :Clefable: :Igglybuff: :Jigglypuff: :Wigglytuff: :Dewgong: :Lapras: :Eevee: :Vaporeon: :Jolteon: :Flareon: :Espeon: :Umbreon: :Leafeon: :Glaceon: :Sylveon: :Mew: :Azurill: :Marill: :Azumarill: :Blissey: :Ralts: :Kirlia: :Gardevoir: :Gallade: :Plusle: :Minun: :Flygon: :Altaria: :Milotic: :Latias: :Pachirisu: :Finneon: :Lumineon: :Phione: :Manaphy: :Lilligant: :Minccino: :Cinccino: :Swanna: :Alomomola: :Meloetta: :Flabebe: :Floette: :Florges: :Meowstic: :Meowstic-F: :Primarina: :Oricorio: :Ribombee: :Comfey: :Alcremie: :Indeedee-F: :Enamorus: :Enamorus-Therian::Skeledirge: :Fidough: :Dachsbun: :Arboliva: :Fezandipiti:
Mons that get Psychic Noise: :Raichu-Alola: :Jigglypuff: :Wigglytuff: :Venonat: :Venomoth: :Psyduck: :Golduck: :Slowbro: :Slowking: :Slowking-Galar: :Gengar: :Drowzee: :Hypno: :Exeggcute: :Exeggutor: :Exeggutor-Alola: :Lapras: :Articuno-Galar: :Mewtwo: :Mew: :Noctowl: :Yanma: :Yanmega: :Espeon: :Murkrow: :Honchkrow: :Misdreavus: :Mismagius: :Girafarig: :Farigiraf: :Lugia: :Gardevoir: :Grumpig: :Flygon: :Chingling: :Chimecho: :Metang: :Metagross: :Latios: :Jirachi: :Deoxys: :Vespiquen: :Bronzong: :Uxie: :Mesprit: :Gothita: :Gothorita: :Gothitelle: :Reuniclus: :Braviary-Hisui: :Delphox: :Florges: :Espurr: :Meowstic: :Meowstic-F: :Malamar: :Trevenant: :Noivern: :Hoopa: :Primarina: :Ribombee: :Oranguru: :Bruxish: :Toxtricity: :Hatterene: :Indeedee: :Wyrdeer: :Rabsca: :Scream-Tail: :Munkidori: :Iron-Crown:
Mons that get Upper Hand: :Pikachu: :Raichu: :Raichu-Alola: :Poliwrath: :Tyrogue: :Hitmonlee: :Hitmonchan: :Hitmontop: :Mew: :Aipom: :Ambipom: :Heracross: :Sneasel: :Treecko: :Grovyle: :Sceptile: :Blaziken: :Shiftry: :Makuhita: :Hariyama: :Meditite: :Medicham: :Zangoose: :Monferno: :Infernape: :Riolu: :Lucario: :Croagunk: :Toxicroak: :Gallade: :Samurott: :Samurott-Hisui: :Conkeldurr: :Lilligant-Hisui: :Scraggy: :Scrafty: :Mienfoo: :Mienshao: :Cobalion: :Terrakion: :Virizion: :Keldeo: :Greninja: :Talonflame: :Hawlucha: :Decidueye-Hisui: :Crabrawler: :Crabominable: :Lycanroc-Midnight: :Passimian: :Hakamo-o: :Kommo-o: :Falinks: :Sneasler: :Quaquaval: :Spidops: :Pawmo: :Pawmot: :Flamigo: :Okidogi:
Click here for source
Reckless Rhyperior is gonna love having Supercell Slam (assuming it does get the boost similar to hjk)

Also, triple axel mienshao seems interesting

I really thought this thing would be about as big as one of the tapu, rather than the approximate size of a larg epeach
What a funny fella! When was the last time we got a Mythical that had some relevance to a plot previously established in the game? Mythicals with no plot relevance are fun for how creative and unpredictable they get, but I’m glad to see the return of Mythicals being directly tied to the story in some way.

So far it seems like Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are also “Mythical” Pokémon in practice, if not in name. There don’t seem to be static encounters for them, and the Blueberry Dex lists them and Pecharunt after Terapagos.
So much for the hope that the trio (sextet) would just be wandering around the new parts of Area Zero

There's so many annoying aspects to Pokemon availability this generation

e: I guess the closest comparison would be BW1 Zorua/Zoroark, but at least you could breed for those

Back