Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Grookey used his stick like a shishiodoshi, which is a type of device used to ward off animals from gardens/farmland. The most commonly known version outside of japan is a hollow bamboo tube that fills up with water until it tips over, spills its contents, and then rotates back to its starting position. When it tips back, it strikes the rock base that it's balancing on, and the sound created is used to scare off nearby deer.

-it's probably not Grookey's intention, but i thought of it because he scared off Sobble by doing that in the trailer.

I think the region is like if Britain and Italy had a child. It's an island like Grate Britain and it's capital and other cities have London type structures or vibes but its organized like Italy, capital on the middle (Rome) big industrial city on the north (Milan) with ice mountains (The Alps)

Edit: also the country side is in the south

Raidx

Banned deucer.
I must say i'm very excited for these new games! Atm i'm indecisive when it comes to the starters, but i'm kinda leaning towards Sobble. I've seen a few peeps complain about the region structure and how it's "just a line", but i find it very interesting and can't wait to see how expansive it is in-game :) My only complaint is they're still using XY 3D models for the mons. They've been using these sprites for 6 years (by the time of release), 3 gens in a row :( The game trailer said "game footage not final", so i guess we could potentially get brand new models in the final game, but I'm not seeing it tbh

didn't stop them from doing it in kalos
Relatively Paris is significantly further away from the starting area. Looking at the map London would be geographically right next to it. It also makes more sense to put it in the middle so it can act as a kind of hub area, or atleast not awkwardly off to the side.

I must say i'm very excited for these new games! Atm i'm indecisive when it comes to the starters, but i'm kinda leaning towards Sobble. I've seen a few peeps complain about the region structure and how it's "just a line", but i find it very interesting and can't wait to see how expansive it is in-game :) My only complaint is they're still using XY 3D models for the mons. They've been using these sprites for 6 years (by the time of release), 3 gens in a row :( The game trailer said "game footage not final", so i guess we could potentially get brand new models in the final game, but I'm not seeing it tbh
being able to recycle models cuts down on the workload considerably, so that the programmers and folk who work on the battle system can update with new effects/technical animation as needed
That being said, it would be disappointing if we waited this time and got little content in terms of game experience and no updates to the pokemon themselves. The environments are lovely, but the Pokemon should still be the focus.
Relatively Paris is significantly further away from the starting area. Looking at the map London would be geographically right next to it. It also makes more sense to put it in the middle so it can act as a kind of hub area, or atleast not awkwardly off to the side.
Yeah, but then they'd just be repeating their design choices from Gen6. I'm not quite ready to pay extra for an updated version of XY just yet :P

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
the middle? that's manchester. London is up in scotland for some reason

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looking at the map, I have a feeling it might not be so linear as it seems at first. The middle city appears to have five towns around it at somewhat equal distances, each containing a stadium. I think (well, hope) that we might be able to tackle at least some of those in any order we like. Well, the southwest one is separated from the others by a river, and it's the closest one to the southern city, so it might be reached before the others. But I could see the designers giving us somewhat free reins with the rest of them.

It also seems like we will leave the starting town by train, and end up in the middle of the map fairly early. I think we will have the first Gym either upon arrival in the big city, or it's the one northwest of it. But the map could open up quite wide after that, with a seemingly huge, nonlinear wilderness area south of the city and a cluster of towns north of it.

I have to admit that the new starters look adorable, and I'm looking forward to seeing more information on this game. I wonder if we're allowed to play with a GCN controller, though.

So they have a new writing system in this region that, like Unown, appears to be based on the latin alphabet

1. the text behind Lucario in the stadium simply says "Game Freak", which gives us 7 confirmed characters
- Using those characters, we may be able to isolate other phrases as shown in the trailer. I will try updating this post if i can confirm anything new
-commonly used characters include a less than sign, two types of upside-down "A"s, a blocky "N" and a stylized curvy sigma.

G A2 M E2 F R K
* * * tri upsidedowntri // * E? < * A? E?
Sigma = = Allos
< shortN upsidedownQ blockyN '||

2. Too blurry to read, but it is related to the red/blue icon shown in the japanese logos. Two words, the first one has an undisclosed number of characters (at least five) and the second word has six. The letters in the second word are all unique from each other, and may be a word related to the icon like "triple" or "switch"

3. The player's jersey has four characters.
-it should be noted that while there is speculation of an Armor mechanic as the number 227 is Skarmory's Pokedex number, the phrase is not a recognizable parallel to Skarmory's name (in japanese) or any common version of the world "armor".
-the two middle characters could also be the number 2, in relation to the printed number of the player's jersey. it seems unlikely and redundant, but possible

4. The box on the shelf has five characters

5.The advertisement has what appears to be five unique characters on the food bag, followed by six more in a large font and then parts of a sentence beneath that

6. The storefront has five characters. the last two are "e" and "a" as indicated by the Game Freak logo behind Lucario.
***ea
-because each symbol is different, possibilities could be like the following
-- fovea
-- tinea
-- usnea
-- ucrea
-- bohea
-- pilea
-- lycea
-- lutea

It's also entirely possible that all text besides "game freak" is gibberish.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)