Sword & Shield Battle Mechanics Research

I heard that Dynamax Candies let you double the HP at the Battle Tower, can someone test in game whether it also applies to online battles between players (PVP)?

I was in a raid battle with a enemy machop and it attempted to use knock off several times, which failed each attempt, with no discernable reason. I'm not sure if this is due to raid battle mechanics or if knock off it self was changed

On my side was a Rookide (unnerve), a Togepi (serene grace), a Salazzle (Corrosion), and a Magikarp (didn't remember to check). The magikarp had a focus sash held that broke before machomp attempted to use Knock Off. None of the other mons had held items.
I was just in a raid battle in which a Corvisquire used Pluck against a Dynamax Machop, and Pluck failed. So maybe moves that would remove items from Dynamax mons always fail?

Do we know if weight based moves fail against Dynamax pokémon? I tried using low kick vs a dynamax mon during the main story and it failed (there weren't any accuracy/evasion drops/boosts)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Do we know if weight based moves fail against Dynamax pokémon? I tried using low kick vs a dynamax mon during the main story and it failed (there weren't any accuracy/evasion drops/boosts)
They have ??? weight in the Dex, so I guess the moves are meant to fail against them. Remember that, in-lore, they're projections, not the pokémon itself.

Anyone knows if Sirfetch meteor assault triggers steadfast? It’s description says “it staggers for one turn”...
I don't think so. Meteor Assault is a Fighting-type Giga Impact, and previous interactions between 1-turn-rest moves and Steadfast haven't changed.

Does Dynamax retain the effects of Eviolite for NFE pokemon?

Last edited:
Does Body Press get boosted by attack boosts or defense boosts?
Can probably test rather easily with Dubwool

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Last mon double KOs - does Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs/Liquid Ooze ect follow Gen 6 rules for winner or Gen 7? Does Steel Beam follow the same rules as Mind Blown and cause the user to lose unlike other recoil moves? Are the various other double KO scenarios the same with regards to winner as gen 7?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Does the special Pokemon Secret Club shiny Krabby have the Gigantamax trait when transferred to Sword and Shield and evolved into Kingler?

How do choice items interact with dynamaxing in game? I heard you can potentially change up moves. Can you lock into one more then dynamax and change up moves? Can I nasty plot with a scarf hydreigon then dynamax and switch up moves before the effect wears off, then I’m assuming be relocked into nasty plot? How does it work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)