Marty
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey I was wondering how you calc'd Zygarde's defense? When I did it I got a value of 117. I assumed that the two clips had Pokemon with the same EV spreads. Made sure both were at level 50 and assumed neutral natures.
    Marty
    Marty
    Oh, I also assumed Zygarde had 31 across the board, which is standard when they show off a new Pokemon.
    phoopes
    phoopes
    I did make a little error. However, here's what I got. I had them both at Level 50, both with neutral natures, both 31 IVs and both 0 EV investment:

113-118 Defense
    phoopes
    phoopes
    I got your calc of 99-105 if Chomp had a -Atk nature
    hey I noticed that surf + lightningrod is legal on raichu on the simulator atm but i didn't see anything on serebii about it, is it wrong or i just missed some event? also congrats on your badge, love your work
    Marty
    Marty
    I don't get notifications for any RoA threads, but I did see your post. That issue's been known for a while but no one's figured out any good ways of fixing it yet. :(
    xJoelituh
    Oh.. That's kinda awful :/ can't PS check Ninjask's moveset and allows only one move if the level is higher ? I know it's only a strange case and almost nobody uses Shedinja but :s
    Do Gems activate for damageCallback moves? Psywave/Counter/Endeavor/Mirror Coat/Final Gambit/Metal Burst/Super Fang
    Marty
    Marty
    Yeah, as long as they actually hit the target. I just fixed the Endeavor issue but the counter moves might have the same problem. Will check.
    Can you confirm how Trick Room works in-game? Does it affect the order that abilities activate in double switches? Bulbapedia claims it's only moves, but I think it also implies the order that Pokemon switch as well
    Marty
    Marty
    Ability activation order is the same as Speed order, and Speed in Trick Room is (0x2710 - speed) & 8191.
    ascriptmaster
    ascriptmaster
    Is this the cause for the trick room glitch? Since 1808 becomes 0, and 1809 rolls over to 8191?

And along that vein, entering 1810 becomes 8190, which is "slower" than 1809's value, so if two Pokemon with speeds higher than 1809 clash in Trick Room, will the slower one move first?
    I've linked to your thread in the info section of my video of the glitch. sorry, I didnt know about your thread til today.
    glad you/somebody pointed it out. thanks!
    Marty
    Marty
    Hey, no worries, there was no way you could have known until that good Samaritan linked to it. Thanks for linking back though, your video does a fine job of explaining the bug, kudos!
    avos5
    <3
    Yo Marty, Could you check out this game-breaking mechanic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rzKTt0LEUk I know that it isn't implemented in Showdown but check it out.

PS: In the comments there's a list with all the items that are affected by this mechanic
    xJoelituh
    Oh, I didn't know tho. Well now you know that he's claiming that award xdd (anyway I found that in Reddit)
    avos5
    MARTY. do you have a twitter handle?
    thanks for putting in a lot of legwork in on this glitch.
    Marty
    Marty
    Nope, I'm not on Twitter. And no problem, I'm glad you had a good time playing around with it. :)
    How exactly is the Forewarn message structured? Does it mention the Pokemon the move belongs to?
    Marty
    Marty
    Yeah, but only since Gen 5 - "It was alerted to POKEMON’s MOVE!"

In Gen 4 it just said "POKEMON’s Forewarn alerted it to MOVE!"

Incidentally that's also why it's now officially illegal to nickname two Pokemon identically, or nickname one with the species name of another, to avoid confusion on messages like this.
    In PS, Defeatist is coded that AtK/SpA is halved when below 50%.
    In-game description and a few other sources I checked says it's equals or less than 50%.
    Do you know which is correct?
    Marty
    Marty
    Good catch, it is actually less than or equal to, but looks like it's already been fixed!
    dhelmise
    dhelmise
    I did that :o
    Parental Bond + Rollout/Ice ball?
    The simulator double the damage to every hit. Is that right? And then in the 3rd attack second hit (the "6th" turn of rollout), just halves the damages of the 5th hit like standard parental bond. Is this right in game?
    Also, echoed voice. Same thing? No?
    Marty
    Marty
    Parental Bond doesn't affect Rollout or Ice Ball.

Echoed Voice does work with Parental Bond, but it only boosts the damage every turn, not every hit. Echoed Voice checks whether a Pokemon used it last turn; it doesn't boost damage during a turn if multiple Pokemon use it (or the same Pokemon uses it twice in this case).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…