2010 music

I got Cosmogramma like last week and I haven't been able to put the album down yet, I'm on my like 12th listen. This is definetly my album of the year so far.

And I've had High Violet for a while too but I haven't really gotten into it that much, maybe it'll grow on me.

well for you lucky bastards living in europe, you will get the chance one of the best bands ever back on tour. im talking about queens of the stone age

honestly Pendulum hasn't really been relevant since Hold You Colour... usually i am all about experimentation and breaking down genre barriers but they way they did it was pretty lazy and I miss the dirty dnb way too much :(

Contra, by Vampire Weekend is pretty good.
Travellers in Space and Time by The Apples in Stereo is good.
My Dinosaur Life by Motion City Soundtrack is super rad.
Circa Survive's Blue Sky Noise is better than their other stuff.
The World We Know by I Can Make a Mess like Nobody's Business is awesome, and more similar to Ender's older stuff.

uh, that's the stuff off the top of my head that I like that has come out this year.

Sleigh Bells leaked, haven't listened to it yet.

it's getting pretty heavy praise so far though.
It didn't leak, today is it's official release date lol. Available on iTunes, hard-copy is available in June.

Speaking of, Treats by Sleigh Bells is an absolute bombshell. Holy crap, every song is absolutely destructive! I'm really loving it, I have to say from all albums released so far this year it's my top pick (tied with Crystal Castles II). I love every single track.

Can't wait to get an actual hard copy in a month. :heart:

thoughts about high violet?

not quite what i was expecting after the few tracks that were released prior to release. i was expecting some kind of middle ground between boxer and alligator after bloodbuzz ohio and the live version of terrible love, but the album version of terrible love is fuzzier and slower, and the rest of the album is similar, taking alot more cues from boxer than alligator. im fine with that, personally, because it's something the national do really well and tracks like afraid of everyone and lemonworld are really, really beautiful, but it seems like the kind of thing that ill enjoy more in the right mood.
High Violet is soooooo good. Tracks 1-6 are perfection. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks is pretty solid as well. Runaway and Conversation 16...not so much. The others are tolerable.

^...

What? :I

Anyway, up until about a week ago I couldn't name you a single
'deathcore' band I like, but alas, a new faith in the genre is born, in the
form of german electronic deathcore group

We Butter the Bread With Butter!

Releasing their new album today, the former duo has
produced an album that's much more serious musically than
their first, which was full of Deathcore nursery rhymes and a song called
'breekachu', yes, with 3 new band members having been added,
each track on The day the world went down, brings
something new to the ears, with creative, fun synth riffs accompanied
with traditional deathcore guitaring that goes thunkity thunk thunk thunk.

But seriously I recommend listening, this stuff is great.

Ok guise, after a month of listening to all of The Clash's discography, I'm back to listening to new stuff coming out.

Anybodeh wanna reccommend me some albums I've missed this past month?

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
^...

What? :I

Anyway, up until about a week ago I couldn't name you a single
'deathcore' band I like, but alas, a new faith in the genre is born, in the
form of german electronic deathcore group

We Butter the Bread With Butter!

Releasing their new album today, the former duo has
produced an album that's much more serious musically than
their first, which was full of Deathcore nursery rhymes and a song called
'breekachu', yes, with 3 new band members having been added,
each track on The day the world went down, brings
something new to the ears, with creative, fun synth riffs accompanied
with traditional deathcore guitaring that goes thunkity thunk thunk thunk.

But seriously I recommend listening, this stuff is great.
I love that album :naughty:

oh oh two eps i didn't know came out have interested me,

you got dark dark dark's new ep bright bright bright(ha HA) which is as beautiful as always, i saw these guys live when they opened for why? and they are nice people and the leader singer has such a beautiful voice, highly recommend this ep.

next is one i still need to listen to by have a nice life, i loved their intense atmosphere of their debut, but i've gotten warnings its just like a drone on this new ep so who knows a shall investigate.

I usually never listen to hardcore music but I kinda want to branch out into other genres and at least see if it interests me. I don't wanna listen to like Death Metal or Metal anything, just post-hardcore stuff I guess...?

Does anyone have any good bands that are like more hard rock-ish lol? I don't know how to describe it.

I dunno if this matters but if it helps, I usually listen to alternative bands like Tegan & Sara, Death Cab for Cutie, Vampire Weekend, Interpol, Metric, Modest Mouse, Morningwood, etc.

^If you're looking for post-hardcore I'd recommend enter shikari, but their second album is alot more hard-rockish than it is hardcore IMO.

Edit: Anyone listened to the new Dead Weather album?

@Lexi

for post-hardcore albums, I'd recommend:

At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You (borderline)
Fugazi - The Argument
Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
mewithoutyou - Brother Sister (cant stand them but you might like them)
Thrice - Vheissu
Cursive - The Ugly Organ (borderline)

havent listened to alot of 2010 stuff in the last weeks since my internet is so slow I cant dl the leaks ;s

favourite albums so far (listened to around 100 I think):

65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyways
Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
Envy on the Coast - Lowcountry
Foxy Shazam! - Foxy Shazam
The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
Minus the Bear - Omni
The National - High Violet

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
if you like post-hardcore, refused - the shape of punk to come and husker du - zen arcade are mandatory listens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)