2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
and it's st james' park again. not that it ever stopped being that but it's nice to see those hideous signs come down. cheers wonga.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Ive won Division 1 twice and about to win it a third time with those two teams above. Insigne and Cavani are absolutely fantastic in this game.

Also if you can try out Emenike, hes kinda expensive atm because KSI made a video with him so his price went up from 1k to like 5k in an hour lol. But hes amazing nonetheless. Strength + Pace what else do you need.

Lee

@ Thick Club
yeah but at least they're using their ill-gotten gains on something worthwhile - already promised to pump several millions into the academy and passing on the naming rights to the fans was a nice gesture. whole things a bit of a moral minefield though, wouldn't go near the company with a bargepole so not over the moon about having them on our kit but ehhhh maybe we're a jinx and they'll go bust like northern rock

I got 6 free packs because I had frozen cards on my trade pile

I got Tevez and Schurrle.

Going to build a BPL squad with Tevez

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Edgar Davids to Barnet as player-coach
seems pretty cool, hopefully this will motivate us to break out of our rut

Didn't go too well for you lot ^ 4-1 loss at home is a pretty bad start

hopefully it works out. edgar davids is the coolest ^.^

I bet nobody will care, but urgh Iraq losing to Australia 1-2 after being up 1-0..shows how stupid it is that FIFA won't allow us to play in our own damn country.

Finally Argentina has a head coach that knows how to play Messi. 14 goals in the past 14 games, one of them which is still going on right now (vs. Chile). From what I've seen on SC, the strongest teams in Europe (England, Germany, Spain) are absolutely destroying the smaller countries, while in South America it's a lot more even.

also lol @ Israel 6-0 Luxembourg...

Lee

@ Thick Club
England one of 'the strongest teams in Europe?' Are you serious, I'm not even sure I'd put us in the top 10. Spain, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal and France are all certainly better than us and then there's a cluster of teams that I'd consider around our equals - Sweden, Russia, Denmark, Croatia, Greece etc.

Well unfortunately some people mix up great individual players with great team. England has a lot of great individual players, while a team like Sweden or Russia is a better team that actually know how to play with each other.

not really surprised with any games of this WC qualifications round (except for germany-sweden lol)

cr7 never convinced me when playing for portugal, really

after stomping uruguay/chile, i can conclude that messi is now a rapist at both club and national level, though argentina is still a weaker team than spain, france, germany, etc

brazil is still with the retarded ass policy of only playing friendlies against average/weak teams, if we keep like that, we will probably choke against good teams, although oscar is a god and kaka seems to be regaining form, and theres still lucas moura and neymar showing great potential

lastly, spain vs france was cool. i did expect a draw because spain were using their reserve defense, but france totally deserved to win, if it wasnt for benzema's TOTALLY LEGAL goal that didnt count

The worst thing that anyone can do while playing Spain, is to set up two walls. They have too much quality for that. The only way to play them is to play a high pressing game. In the first half, Xabi Alonso had as much time as he wanted with the ball. When they took out Gonalons and put on an attacking player, the balance tipped towards France. We all know what Xabi Alonso's weakness is, and that is athleticism. He is not the most athletic player in the world. You are going to have to outrun them, because there is no way that you are outplaying them.

david gill appointed as fa vice-chairman.
it was already corrupt but at least it was behind closed doors.

man utd r great!!!1!1 !!111

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)