2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Forgot to mention this but I think Nathan Dyer's reaction to not taking the penalty was a bit selfish considering the situation Swansea was already in.

I don't really blame him, he's been with us a long time. It was fucking hilarious though, giggling thinking about it now, he still looked like he was gonna cry in the post-match interview - god I love swansea

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
grats, not really the most gripping of finals mind you

people say the league cup isn't worth shit every year, generally those are the people winning fuck all too

yeah I'm sure as a neutral it wasn't particularly entertaining but biased as I am I do think we played some lovely stuff for spells.. and as a jack obviously a 5-0 result was highly entertaining :x

i think people would take the cup more seriously if they remove the sponsor from the name. i was happy that we won it last season but it annoyed me for some reason that it was called after a beer company.

milk cup is an awesome name. league cup is what i tend to call it. happy enough with winning the capital one cup.. haha fuck just typing it makes it sink in a bit more, this is amazing!

It just blows my mind how we are 1 game away from top 3.

I can easily see us losing vs Spurs, Everton, and Swansea.. our next 3 opponents.. but still, it's wild to see we are still up there and not completely out of range from CL position like I expected, especially considering all the shit Arsenal gets every week or so.

We have done pretty appallingly this season, can't string 2 wins together without also losing 2. It's just Chelsea crumbled in November and recent form has been just as bad as us. I don't know what happened to Tottenham, I don't remember them having a bad patch but they must have had or else they wouldn't be in and around us! But really we need to win against Tottenham next week or else they could pull away from us again. I expect Chelsea to finish strongly, they usually do, and I don't see them finishing outside of top 4 this season; it's either 3rd for us or 5th I'm afraid... More likely to be 5th if I'm brutally honest but Wenger always pulls something out his arse! :D

Having said that, I would laugh if Chelsea finished 5th lol! Would serve Abramovic and his hissy fits right.

just to confirm i've looked up the posts from the 28th feb 2010 football thread and there is no mention of a mickey mouse cup from phalanx

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i'm in shock

and didnt mention it yesterday so as not to detract from swansea but solid result for us and goal of the season contender (again!) from cisse ^_____^

Fuck Bale. We could've passed Spurs with a win next week and possibly jump to 3rd but now our dreams are crashing back down. I expect Spurs to have huge amounts of momentum and come out strong against us.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Bale's to going be a big problem for Arsenal and unlike last season he won't just stick to the left flank;he'll be floating all over the field making it harder to mark him.If anything it's this freedom of movement coupled with his pace,technique and determination that makes him so deadly.Hats off to AVB for recognizing what Redknapp couldn't.

Thanks for the great post, phalanx. We obviously weren't already aware of this. I thought you didn't want to buy new players and stay the same.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
It's understandable that you wouldn't want to buy "junk like Arsenal" considering you already have loads of it.Your midfield is shit and you can only dream of one as good as Arsenal's.Cazorla,Wilshere,Arteta and heck,even Diaby shit all over United.Oh and why are you top of the league as of now? That's right,because of some "Arsenal junk" you bought for 20 mil.
Everyone,except those dumb Man United fans,knows that if Bale does leave Tottenham,he won't be staying in England.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^they're team is full of shit but they're top of the league by 12 points and in a strong position in the Champion's League? okaaaaaaaaay, don't criticise phalanx for his bias and then be every bit as bias in return. Saying the midfield of far and away the best team in the country is 'shit' is laughable.

I think you would go as far as Average for our midfield.
needs Fellaini in it.
we bought the good bits of Arsneal, wenger replaces them with rubbish.

I think you would go as far as Average for our midfield.
phalanx admitting that Man Utd might not be the best at everything

we bought the good bits of Arsneal, wenger replaces them with rubbish.
Wenger has some succesful transfer and some terrible transfers, just like any manager in the world. His most recent signings, Cazorla, Podolski, Nacho and Giroud are far from being rubbish (albeit RVP > Giroud).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)