2013 Music

i had no idea iceage had a new one coming out, listening now. it's super interesting, definitely more 'mature' than new brigade.

Holy fire came out today (foals 3rd album) and its lovely. I have been itching for new foals for so long and it's such a relief that its good, it has a very Spanish Sahara vibe to it (bar a few songs) which is really cool

i started a collage on what to keep track of the things i like this year.

sorry that most of you can't see it. :(

(do NOT ask me for an invite)

yea i think the video is kinda ridiculous but the song is cool. i liked his self-titled album a lot, anti-you and takedown are great

bfmv have always been just 'ok' with a few good songs & a lot of mediocre ones. the new album doesn't change that much.

i haven't heard celldweller's latest so i'll have to pick that up!

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So apparently Aesop Rock and Kimya Dawson (of the Mouldy Peaches) are releasing an album together in May. I really like this song which seems to blend both their respective styles very well and is quite unexpected that it actually works. However, I've looked up more songs by them and I'm not a massive fan which is a shame. Kimya Dawson kind of attempts to rap a bit and it just doesn't work for me.

Alice

The worst taste in music
Also excited about this.

How To Destroy Angels (Trent Reznor's band since putting NIN on hiatus) will be releasing their first actual album in March, and it looks fucking great.
An Omen is amazing, i hope the full album lives up to it >_<

wasnt expecting much from the new MBV / nick cave / autechre but i really enjoyed all three, liked emancipator - dusk to dawn as well. pretty happy with most of the releases from bands i like this year.

I'm actually really excited for new Ghostface. Song is fucking sexy.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds new album is also surprisingly solid. Nothing mind bending-ly awesome but it's always nice to hear new stuff from them.

Part of me doesn't wanna be equally obnoxious and say "Alright Thom, enough with this whole IDM schtick." But yea, I think I've had enough of it. The record was really quite boring for me.

I don't particularly like Suffocation, and I don't particularly like tech death, but somehow this tech death-y Suffocation album manages to kick copious amounts of ass.

[youtube]dzyaeKwlMWM[/youtube]

Crystal Fighters announced their second album Cave Rave yesterday, to be released 27th of May. We had a preview of a track called Wave and while back, and now they also released Seperator. It's different from most things they have released before, but then again, a lot of their tracks are very different from each other. I really like it, can't wait for the album release and their concert in May!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)