Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:sm/bibarel:
:bw/bibarel:
:bibarel:
Bibarel-Mega
Stone Name: Bibarelite
Normal/Water->Steel/Water (definitely a reference to the dex entry for Bidoof saying it has nerves of steel)
Unaware/Simple/Moody->Unaware
HP: 79->79 (+0)
Attack: 85->45 (-40)
Defense: 60->120 (+60)
Special Attack: 55->85 (+30)
Special Defense: 60->120 (+60)
Speed: 71->61 (-10)
Total: 410->510 (+100)
New Moves: Shore Up, Flash Cannon, Haze

Last edited:
Bolivia Slate 14 Submissions
:Kricketune:
Kricketune-Mega
->

Swarm/Technician-> Vitality (When this pokemon has a stat lowered, it's defense is raised by 2 stages)
HP: 77->77
Attack: 85-> 122 (37)
Defense: 51 -> 100 (49)
Special Attack: 55 -> 25 (-30)
Special Defense: 51 -> 61 (10)
Speed: 65 -> 99 (34)
Total: 384->484 (+100)
New Moves: Earthquake, Amnesia, U-turn
Flavor Text: Kricketune beefs out completely, becoming extremely muscular. Its smooth mustache grows significantly in size and reaches the floor. Mega Kricketune does not have an appetite for food, but instead, consumes energy from others when they look at his luscious muscles. Gave it the ground type because of the ground cricket.
Set Description: Kricketune had a lot of cool tools at its disposal from the moves it already had. Webs, heal bell, power up punch, substitute, swords dance, resttalk, perish song, toxic, taunt. The list goes on. I decided to expand its defensive horizon a bit, allowing it to capitalize on its pretty cool moveset. For starters, I gave it the ground typing. This is a cool typing in my opinion - as it maintains 3 weaknesses the same as pure bug - adding water type as a weakness, while removing the grass type weakness from ground and the rock type weakness from bug. This also removes a hazard weakness, and most fire types won't want to come in on mega Kricket due to the ground typing. Next, I gave it defiant/competitive but for defense. In my opinion, this is super cool - and makes the pokemon an interesting pick and provides a place on hazard stack teams - similar to subseed Serperior - in the sense that it's an interesting, defensive way to discourage defog. It has a host of other abilities - such as as being a way to check intimidate, parting shot, etc. For the new moves, I gave it earthquake as its ground stab, but I also gave it amnesia. I think it's a cool way to mitigate its still-lackluster special defense stat, as this thing doesn't get recovery outside of leech life (and calling leech life recovery is a stretch). U-turn gives it a nice pivot option and alternative to leech life, but I think leech life would be better on most sets personally. Hope you guys enjoy!
:staraptor:
Staraptor-Mega
->

Intimidate / Reckless ----> Headfirst (This pokemon takes 1.1x recoil damage from recoil moves but deals 1.3x damage with recoil moves)
New Stats:
HP: 85 ----> 85
Attack: 120 -> 135 (+15)
Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Special Defense: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Speed: 100 ----> 115 (+15)
Base Stat Total: 485 ----> 585 (+100)
New Moves: Flare Blitz
Flavor: This pokemon's normal bangs get blown up and loosened as Mega Staraptor takes the the skies. It dons some goggles and can fly really fast.
Set Description: This one is pretty simple - a moderately beefy pokemon that can a bulkier set in order to roost up and keep dishing out strong attacks, but more often than not it will be a nuke/pivot option, with double edge, brave bird, flare blitz, and u-turn. I dumped 30 into spatk to make it suboptimal, and I think this stat spread is pretty strong. I gave it flare blitz as a cool stab option to help deal with steel types - but it still gets utterly countered by rock types. Overall, this one is super simple, hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
I never really felt like making subs this slate, but I thought i'd finally give it a try. I will also say, however, that I am a fan of gen 4 and have memories playing through Pokemon Diamond, first choosing my starter as Chimchar (RottenInfernape?), catching the early bird Starly, the adorable lynx known as Sphinx, etc. beating Cynthia for the first time was so accomplishing. I also pretty much remember using Bibarel throughout the gameplay as an HM slave, but I did replace it for something else during my time at the Elite 4 (Mr. Mime? don't remember) i'm probably the only one that thinks Bidoof is a bit cute, along with its cry. I don't have lots of time to make the other two subs either (I don't have much ideas for Staraptor unfortunately, but I do love the mon and I will definitely be choosing the Showdown concept) so here's the beaver:

Mega Bibarel:bibarel:
Type
1602627604362.png

Ability
Fluffy
Mega Stone Name Bibarite
Stats
79 → 79
85 → 105 (+20)
60 → 115 (+55)
55 → 55
60 → 85 (+25)
71 → 71

New Moves
Flip Turn, Body Press

Flavour Description Beavers are partially known for having thick fur, which is why I gave Mega Bibarel Fluffy. They also usually have whiskers and ears, something else that I gave it. Its teeth are also larger, and its tail turns into a lightish-blue color with bubbles surrounding it. Due to its larger bulk, Mega Bibarel has a better survival rate in the winter but has an easier time being overwhelmed in harsh sunlight.

Competitive Description Mega Bibarel turns into a unique bulky setup sweeper/wincon that can setup on threatening balance breakers such as Crawdaunt and Mega Dragonite due to its good defensive typing and great bulk paired with Fluffy. It gets access to Curse, simultaneously boosting its Attack and Defense by one turn, making it hard to stop in the match. It also gets Amnesia, which lets it deal with special attackers like Ash Greninja better. Its base form gets a very useful abilty in Simple, which can be used to increase these stat boosts even further given the chance to set up. Unfortunately, it does lack reliable recovery, which hinders its ability to consistently recover on things that can damage it quite effectively. However, it can negate status, which gives it a better chance of KOing passive mons such as Blissey. Flip Turn can be used to pivot out of unfavorable Pokemon that it has a hard time dealing with such as Toxapex, and Body Press helps deal with water resists such as Crawdaunt and Kommo-o better.
Bibarel @ Bibarite
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Amnesia / Body Press
- Liquidation
- Rest

Mega Bibarel can run max Defense investment to better deal with the aforementioned physical attackers. Bibarel can also forego Amnesia to run Body Press or Flip Turn, although suboptimal on a set focused on sponging hits and damaging the opposing team. Liquidation is the primary STAB move, and Rest is your only source of recovery.

Mega Staraptor :staraptor:
New Ability: Intimidate / Reckless ----> Magic Guard
New Typing: Normal / Flying ----> Normal / Flying
New Stats:
Attack: 120 ----> 150 (+30)
Defense: 70 ----> 110 (+40)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 60 ----> 80 (+20)
Speed: 100 ----> 100
New Moves: None
Height: 1.2 m (3'11") ----> 2.0 m (6'06")
Weight: 24.9 kg (54.9 lbs) ----> 40.1 kg (88.4 lbs)

Flavor Description: Platinum's Staraptor Pokédex entry (and some others in the later installments) says that "it never stops attacking even if it is injured". Personally, I think that description is fascinating and one of the main reasons the Starly line is my favorite set of Pokemon species; for a frail bird with such offensive prowess, one would think injuries would be the bane of it - but Staraptor manages to (albeit recklessly) persevere. Upon receiving Mega Evolution's energy boost, Staraptor's already great resilience is taken to surreal levels, now being - despite forcefully - able to battle even in the harsher of conditions without any signs of defeatism, almost like if it was magically invulnerable. This proves to be extremely painful for Staraptor once it turns back to its regular state, however. Appearance-wise, its body grows noticeably larger, with its wings now being broader, stronger, and having a glowing red tip on the end of each feather. Its comb now becomes entirely black, and the bigger tail feathers get red-colored ends.

Competitive Description: Ever since its inception in Gen 4, Staraptor was notoriously known for being a very powerful Flying-type wallbreaker that could, with help of Normal STAB and Close Combat, break through most of the typical defensive "bird checks" in Electric, Rock, and Steel-types. Despite that, its reliance on recoil moves and predictability made it easy to play around and thus, a fringe at best option. This take on Mega Staraptor tries to, ultimately, make the leap from 14 years of BL to OU by trying to fix both of the aforementioned issues through giving it Magic Guard's immunity to recoil and residual damage, as well as added bulk, while allowing more movepool options to be explored via set variety.

On the offensive spectrum, Mega Staraptor is slightly less powerful than unboosted Reckless Staraptor (even with 150 Attack, Mega Staraptor is still ~98% as strong); however, added bulk, lack of recoil, and Toxic immunity means it can viably run wallbreaking sets with Substitute / Roost and Work Up (a move that I don't think anything can really abuse as of now; a +1 Mega Staraptor becomes much more deadlier against most walls, and it forces a ton of switches as is) or even the classic all-out attacking ones with freedom to choose moves - Pursuit, for example, becomes much more usable on those sets because of that factor. Defensively, it can work very well as a physically defensive pivot with status damage immunity and Intimidate pre-Mega; Magic Guard also enables it to be an extremely good Defogger on more defensive teams that can punish out many entry hazard setters like Clefable and Ferrothorn due to its sheer power.

I am so sorry I didn't close subs earlier! I've had a super busy day and totally forgot that this was happening! ;-; Technically I should have done this three hours ago but---

Hey again, everyone!! The submission phase for slate 14 is over now - it's time to vote on your favorite submissions and decide which ones are added to the mod! C:

:staraptor: Mega Staraptor
:bw/staraptor:
Staraptor
Dark, Flying
Moxie
85, 160, 105, 65, 65, 105
Darkest lariat
Mega Staraptor
New Ability
: Relentless (When this pokemon is at 1/2 HP or less, its attack is boosted by 30% and cannot be lowered by any means.)
Type: Normal / Flying

New stats:
HP: 85
Attack: 150 (+30)
Defense: 95 (+25)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 75 (+15)
Speed: 130 (+30)
(585 BST)

New moves: what no
Description: Staraptor loves to use recoil-inducing moves. Those induce recoil, making it significantly easier to KO. What do you do? You turn the recoil damage from harming you into benefitting you. Do I need to explain this any more?
:dp/staraptor:
New Ability
: Stormy Feathers: When weather is up, this pokemon's STAB moves cannot miss and its primary type changes depending on the weather. (Sun=Fire, Rain=Water, Sand=Rock, Hail=Ice)
Type: Normal/Flying

New stats: 85/90/70/140/90/110
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 120 --> 90 (-30)
Defense: 70 (+0)
Special Attack: 50 --> 140 (+90)
Special Defense: 60 --> 90 (+30)
Speed: 100 --> 110 (+10)
(BST) 485 --585

New moves: Hurricane, Weather Ball, Earth Power, Thunder, Solar Beam, (Sandstorm), (Hail)
Description: Ok there are very few weather abusing megas. In fact, the only viable ones who don't straight up set up weather are swampert and houndoom. I like this staraptor sub because it's good outside of weather, it can counter other weathers and it's a weather abuser that doesn't care about weather wars. Say you have a sun team with Mega-Staraptor in it and your opponent has a tyranitar. Most sun abusers would be a lot worse if tyranitar switched in and removed the sun. That is not the case with staraptor. While tyranitar may not be its best matchup, if we look at other setters such as hippowdon or pelipper which are both 2hkoed by hurricane and can't do much back, you can see why staraptor would be worth putting on a team. It also can somewhat deal with weather abusers such as mega-swampert or venusaur. Outside of weathers, it can still hit hard with its hurricane or earth power which helps it hit steel, rock or electric types that resist flying. Overall, this is a versatile mega that functions best in weather but that can still be good outside of it.

New Typing: Dark/Flying

New Ability: Stern Glare: (Intimidate clone. Upon Mega Evolving, lowers the opponent’s Special Attack by one stage. Same ability that my Luxray sub had.)

New Moves: Parting Shot, Taunt, Encore, Obstruct, Knock Off

HP: 85 - - >85 (unchanged)
Atk: 120 - - >150 (+30)
Def: 70 - - >90 (+20
SpA: 50 - - >60 (+10)
SpD: 60 - - >80 (+20)
Spe: 100 - - >120 (+20)
BST: 485 - - >585 (+100)

Copy and paste the description for my Luxray submission, and replace all the times it says Luxray with Staraptor. Yeah, it’s just my Luxray sub, but this time it’s a flying type. You can run Pursuit if the immense stat lowering scares someone into switching, which is something the Luxray couldn’t do. Plus it has Roost for a healing option.
:bw/staraptor: Mega Staraptor

Ability:
Intimidate/Reckless -> Showdown (Whenever this Pokemon is on the field, Heal Block is active on both sides, Regenerator is blocked from activating when the opponent switches out (it isn't blocked by normal Heal Block))
Typing: Normal/Flying

Stats:
Atk: 120 -> 140 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 85 (+15)
SpA: 50 -> 75 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)
BST: 485 -> 585 (+100)

New Moves: Super Fang, Role Play

Flavour: The idea of this is that Staraptor is a bird of prey, and has the speed and stamina to endlessly chase another Pokemon, giving them no time to stop and rest (heal), while it constantly chasing something also stops Staraptor from resting (healing).

Competitive: Mega Staraptor fulfils a very unique niche in being able to stop an opponent from healing completely, decently matching up against Toxapex, bullying Tangrowth and Amoonguss, really bullying Gliscor, etc. Its bulk isn't perfect, especially with Brave Bird's recoil, however, that's where Super Fang comes in: getting a 50% damage off against something that cant heal is nice because it puts it in range of presumably Brave Bird, or allows Staraptor to catch it on the switch with its other insane option: Pursuit. Against something like Gliscor who almost always switches to not take toxic damage + Super Fang, it provides nice damage that slowly chips away through the opponent.

:bw/excadrill:
Excadrill is a nice partner to Mega Staraptor as it covers its weaknesses pretty well and threatens pokemon like Tapu Koko which destroy Staraptor.

:bw/heatran:
Heatran appreciates Staraptor being able to deal with pokemon such as Gliscor, or being able to weaken Toxapex enough that Heatran no longer cares about it.

I don't really have a core for this one.
:Staraptor: Mega Staraptor
New Ability
: Hard Comb: Rock Head clone
Type: Normal/Flying

New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 120 -> 160 (+40)
Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Special Attack: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Speed: 100 -> 100
BST: 485 -> 585

New moves: None
Description: A no non-sense wallbreaker. Hard Comb allows it to use its powerful STAB moves Double-Edge and Brave Bird without the worry of recoil. It also has STAB Quick Attack to pick off weakened and frail faster threats. It also has an improved bulk that allows it to take a hit or two.
Mega Staraptor
New Ability
: Rock Head
Type: Fighting / Flying

New stats:
Attack: 150 (+30)
Defense: 80 (+10)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 80 (+20)
Speed: 140 (+40)
(BST: 585)

New moves: Wild Charge
Appearance:
Comb becomes hard and glistening, and becoming a grayish color. White spots on Staraptor turn a light red, with its back pupils becoming red. The tips of its wings end in an obtuse triangle trailing back, with the wings becoming shinier.
Description:
Obscene Brave Birds, Double-Edges and Wild Charges coming off a 150 Attack and no recoil! Unfortunately no Reckless for Attack boosts, but it’s still much better than it originally was. Higher defenses also help it Defog better, although it is still weak to Stealth Rocks.
* you can also vote for かたわれ時 as Hodaka, as per their profile, if you're unable to type their name
New Ability: Intimidate / Reckless -> Preening
(At the end of each turn, if Mega Staraptor did not sustain direct damage from an attack, its HP is restored by 1/8.)
Type: Fighting/Flying

New Stats:
Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Defense: 70 -> 85 (+15)
Special Attack: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Speed: 100 -> 130 (+30)
(585 BST)

New moves: None for now
Description:
This Ability is actually based on one from Pokémon Uranium - "Rebuild," exclusive to their Fakemon Gargryph! I thought it worked well here for a few reasons, so I decided to use it as the basis for my Mega Staraptor.
Fighting/Flying is a super good attacking type, so I wanted to be relatively tame with my buffs here - gaining STAB on Close Combat is big in itself! I was actually going to make its Attack a bit lower than this at first, but we discussed it on the Discord and it sounds like it does need at least this much.
Mega Staraptor's new Ability, Preening, is meant to create distinctive battle style that rewards bold play and decisive momentum grabs and offers a safety net to enable them and it's being used in a totally different way from Gargryph!.
Mega Staraptor's offensive presence alone should grant it plenty of safe turns to recover HP, including both forced switches and any turn when it acts before its target and knocks it out.
That said, Preening also works especially well with its STAB moves! Brave Bird usually has a drawback in its recoil damage, but it becomes much safer to use when Staraptor has passive recovery this great.
Meanwhile, Close Combat usually makes a Pokémon much easier to revenge and more vulnerable to priority by lowering its defenses - but as we know from Gliscor, one of the key benefits of 1/8 recovery is how well it enables Substitute! With Preening, Staraptor can set Substitutes more reliably and at much less cost than almost any other Pokémon, and one turn to set this up give it a ton more leeway in taking risks later and acts as insurance against Scarfers and priority users, not to mention that it goes on to guarantee more safe Preening until the turn after it's broken.
It looks like everyone else is playing up the savage and combative side of Staraptor (and that is reflected here as well, with its type change and with the kinds of moves and strategies Preening enables), but it's also noted as a vain and fussy Pokémon, which I thought was a pretty fun excuse for an Ability like this. Mega Staraptor goes to great lengths to maintain its appearance even during battle - whenever it has a free moment and isn't under attack, you can bet it'll be making sure its comb is in perfect form! Have to look cool when you're cleaning teams.
:ss/staraptor:
Mega Staraptor
Typing:
Normal/Flying ---> Fighting/Flying
Ability: Intimidate/Reckless ---> Defiant
HP: 85 ---> 85
Atk: 120 ---> 155 (+35)
Def: 70 ---> 95 (+25)
SpA: 50 ---> 50
SpD: 60 ---> 80 (+20)
Spe: 100 ---> 120 (+20)
Added Moves: None

Description: Nothing too weird here. Competitively, this Mega can be used as an anti-Defog or anti-Intimidate measure, much like Bisharp.
:ss/staraptor:

/

Ability: Vanity (Dark-type attacks ignore type effectiveness, whether it's super effective or not very effective.)

Atk: 135 (+15)
Def: 90 (+20)
SpA: 50
SpD: 95 (+35)
Spe: 130 (+30)
New Moves: Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Taunt, Bulk Up, Parting Shot, Dark Pulse, Torment, Beat Up

Reasoning:

It seems there's a weird thing with me making the beginner birds jacks of all trades, but, screw it, I'm doing it. My Mega Staraptor is all about the offensive utility aspect of the Dark-type, as its ability Vanity grants it with unresisted Knock Offs, Sucker Punches, and Foul Plays; though, as a balancer, they lose their super effectiveness against Ghost and Psychic types. That being said, being able to actually hit Fairy, Fighting, and other Dark types neutrally is a godsend for it, allowing for it to throw off Knock Offs with near complete freedom, removing items and chunking bulky Fairy-types that plague the metagame, such as Clefable and Magearna. On top of this, Mega Staraptor has pre-mega Intimidate, which only further bolsters its effectiveness on every front.

Plus, this submission would give base Staraptor Knock Off, which could be the thing Staraptor needs to break past BL.

Mega Staraptor can be run in a myriad of ways, which is the whole point! It can be run with Bulk Up to capitalize on its unresisted STAB Sucker Punch/Knock Off, but it can also be run as an offensive pivot or offensive utility Pokemon with great options like Foul Play, Taunt, and Parting Shot now in its arsenal. All of its move additions reflect this splashability as an all arounder Dark-type, all while giving Staraptor some extra STAB options. For comparison, think of this as a toned down Yveltal, with potentially nuclear Dark moves to dish out, but having a lot of defensive utility to bat as well.
:ss/Staraptor:
Mega Staraptor
Type:
Normal/Flying
Ability: Reckless
Moves: Dual Wingbeat
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 150 (+30)​
Def: 120 (+50)​
SpA: 50​
SpD: 60​
Spe: 120 (+20)​

Nothing too spectacular. Staraptor really likes its Reckless ability, so I kept it while also letting it run Intimidate pre-Mega. I also took a page out of some of the top megas like Salamence, Scizor, Metagross, Mawile, and Heracross (that's more megas than I initially thought, actually) and poured a bunch of points into Defense for some reason.

Staraptor is already almost good. It doesn't need anything crazy to be viable.
:sm/staraptor:
:bw/staraptor:
Staraptor-Mega
Normal/Flying->Normal/Flying
Stone Name: Staraptorite
Intimidate/Reckless->Caduceus Wings (When this Pokemon receives recoil damage, it does not receive recoil damage and is instead healed by the amount of damage it would receive.)
HP: 85->85 (+0)
Attack: 120->130 (+10)
Defense: 70->85 (+15)
Special Attack: 50->80 (+30)
Special Defense: 60->85 (+25)
Speed: 100->120 (+20)
Total: 485->585 (+100)
New Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Lash Out
So I feel like the main things holding base Staraptor back in competitive are its extremely low longevity due to its reliance on recoil/defense lowering attacks paired with its poor defenses and typing, and its average speed tier. This build aims to maintain Staraptor's extreme power as a wallbreaker while granting it three things: a method of healing while remaining offensive, a small boost to its bulk, and a much-needed improvement to its speed tier. Uniquely, this Mega Evolution actually prefers to stay in its base form for a few turns to take advantage of the higher wallbreaking power until its HP is low enough that it should Mega Evolve and heal up a bit. The new moves are mostly just the ones I feel like it would probably get if it was in Sword and Shield even though they aren't viable on Mega Staraptor. So uhhhh yeah.
Staraptor-Mega
->

Intimidate / Reckless ----> Headfirst (This pokemon takes 1.1x recoil damage from recoil moves but deals 1.3x damage with recoil moves)
New Stats:
Attack: 120 -> 135 (+15)
Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Speed: 100 ----> 115 (+15)
New Moves: Flare Blitz
Flavor: This pokemon's normal bangs get blown up and loosened as Mega Staraptor takes the the skies. It dons some goggles and can fly really fast.
Set Description: This one is pretty simple - a moderately beefy pokemon that can a bulkier set in order to roost up and keep dishing out strong attacks, but more often than not it will be a nuke/pivot option, with double edge, brave bird, flare blitz, and u-turn. I dumped 30 into spatk to make it suboptimal, and I think this stat spread is pretty strong. I gave it flare blitz as a cool stab option to help deal with steel types - but it still gets utterly countered by rock types. Overall, this one is super simple, hope you enjoy!
Mega Staraptor :staraptor:
New Ability: Intimidate / Reckless ----> Magic Guard
New Typing: Normal / Flying ----> Normal / Flying
New Stats:
Attack: 120 ----> 150 (+30)
Defense: 70 ----> 110 (+40)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 60 ----> 80 (+20)
Speed: 100 ----> 100
New Moves: None
Height: 1.2 m (3'11") ----> 2.0 m (6'06")
Weight: 24.9 kg (54.9 lbs) ----> 40.1 kg (88.4 lbs)

Flavor Description: Platinum's Staraptor Pokédex entry (and some others in the later installments) says that "it never stops attacking even if it is injured". Personally, I think that description is fascinating and one of the main reasons the Starly line is my favorite set of Pokemon species; for a frail bird with such offensive prowess, one would think injuries would be the bane of it - but Staraptor manages to (albeit recklessly) persevere. Upon receiving Mega Evolution's energy boost, Staraptor's already great resilience is taken to surreal levels, now being - despite forcefully - able to battle even in the harsher of conditions without any signs of defeatism, almost like if it was magically invulnerable. This proves to be extremely painful for Staraptor once it turns back to its regular state, however. Appearance-wise, its body grows noticeably larger, with its wings now being broader, stronger, and having a glowing red tip on the end of each feather. Its comb now becomes entirely black, and the bigger tail feathers get red-colored ends.

Competitive Description: Ever since its inception in Gen 4, Staraptor was notoriously known for being a very powerful Flying-type wallbreaker that could, with help of Normal STAB and Close Combat, break through most of the typical defensive "bird checks" in Electric, Rock, and Steel-types. Despite that, its reliance on recoil moves and predictability made it easy to play around and thus, a fringe at best option. This take on Mega Staraptor tries to, ultimately, make the leap from 14 years of BL to OU by trying to fix both of the aforementioned issues through giving it Magic Guard's immunity to recoil and residual damage, as well as added bulk, while allowing more movepool options to be explored via set variety.

On the offensive spectrum, Mega Staraptor is slightly less powerful than unboosted Reckless Staraptor (even with 150 Attack, Mega Staraptor is still ~98% as strong); however, added bulk, lack of recoil, and Toxic immunity means it can viably run wallbreaking sets with Substitute / Roost and Work Up (a move that I don't think anything can really abuse as of now; a +1 Mega Staraptor becomes much more deadlier against most walls, and it forces a ton of switches as is) or even the classic all-out attacking ones with freedom to choose moves - Pursuit, for example, becomes much more usable on those sets because of that factor. Defensively, it can work very well as a physically defensive pivot with status damage immunity and Intimidate pre-Mega; Magic Guard also enables it to be an extremely good Defogger on more defensive teams that can punish out many entry hazard setters like Clefable and Ferrothorn due to its sheer power.

:bibarel: Mega Bibarel
Mega Bidoof
New Ability
: Simple/Unaware/Moody-> Strong Jaw
Type:
/

New stats:
HP: 79
Attack: 85 -> 145 (+60)
Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 55 -> 45 (-10)
Speed: 71
(510 BST)
New moves: Ice Fang,Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Poison Fang
Bibarel
Normal, Water
Drizzle

79, 85, 60, 85, 60, 141
Nasty plot, Slack off, Flip turn, Weather ball
Mega Bibarel
New Ability: Simple/Unaware/Moody --> Technician
New Typing: Normal/Water (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 85 --> 95 (+10)
DEF
: 60 --> 105 (+45)
SPA
: 55 (--)
SPD
: 60 --> 105 (+45)
SPE
: 71 (--)

New Moves
: Slack Off, No Retreat, Power Trip*, (Stockpile), (Swallow), (Spit Up)
*this can be dropped if too many added moves

Desc: Simple No Retreat into Technician dual-stab Quick Attack/Aqua Jet. what else is there for me to say! :D

Type: Fighting / Water
Ability: Strong-Willed (Thick Fat clone for Psychic and Ghost type moves)
Stats:
Atk: 85 > 115 (+30)
Def: 60 > 100 (+40)
SpA: 55 > 45 (-10)
SpD: 60 > 100 (+40)
Spe: 71
New Moves: Bulk Up, Recover, Drain Punch, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Body Press

Description: According to the Pokédex, Bibarel is a hard worker, so it’s Mega becomes much stronger and bulkier (exemplified by its fighting type). It becomes much dumber and braver in the process, causing Psychic type moves less effective to its smaller brain and making Bibarel fearless against Ghosts. From a competitive standpoint, being able to set up Simple boosted Swords Dances or Bulk Ups and then Mega Evolving into a much stronger and bulkier form is incredibly threatening, especially with reliable recovery and STAB Body Press. It can also become even bulkier with Amnesia + Bulk Up and attempt to sweep with Body Press.
:dp/bibarel:
New Ability
: Water Compaction
Type: Water/Ground

New stats: 79/95/130/55/110/41
HP: 79 (+0)
Attack: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Defense: 60 --> 130 (+70)
Special Attack: 55 (+0)
Special Defense: 60 --> 110 (+50)
Speed: 71 --> 41 (-30)
(BST) 410 --> 510

New moves: Shore Up, Earthquake, Flip Turn, Body Press, Iron Defense, (Sandstorm)
Description: Mega Bibarel is used to tougher environments such as the seaside. There, it makes its dam with mostly wet sand. Competitively, Mega-Bibarel uses one of the best defensivee types that being water/ground while having good bulk, reliable recovery in Shore Up, Stealth Rocks and the ability to pivot with Flip Turn. It can also use Water Compaction to take repetitive hits from physically oriented water types and boost the power of its Body Press.

New Typing: Grass/Ground

New Ability: Weak Armor

New Moves: Earthquake, Seed Bomb, Wood Hammer, Stone Edge, Shore Up,

HP: 79 - - >79 (unchanged)
Atk: 85 - - >135 (+50)
Def: 60 - - >80 (+20)
SpA: 55 - - >45 (-10)
SpD: 60 - - >80 (+20)
Spe: 71 - - >91 (+20)
BST: 410 - - >510 (+100)

Bibarel has covered itself in the materials it uses to build dams. So it basically now has armor made out of mud and plants. The armor probably won't hold out for long, since it’s just mud and plants, so I gave it Weak Armor. It’s added moves are just for STAB, except for Stone Edge, which is good coverage. Shore Up kind of makes sense, cuz it’s rebuilding its armor.
New Ability
: Simple / Unaware / moody -> Forgetfulness
(moves used against this pokemon only deal damage, and moves that don't do damage fail)

Type: Water / Normal

New stats:
HP: 79 -> 79
Attack: 85 -> 130 (+45)
Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Speed: 71 -> 93 (+22)
(510 BST)

New moves: Metronome , Fire Fang
Description:
Bibarel is now the definition of the term "Bulky Offense". It has excellent role compression, a unique typing, Simple before it mega evolves, and more. Forgetfulness is because of this funny scenario I pictured where Bibarel just forgets that he's frozen in a block of ice and kills a Abomasnow with Fire Fang. Metronome is there for some comedy, and to reference the disobedience effects.
* this is only +97, but it's not worth vetoing over that; if it happens to win, I'll just put the remaining 3 back into the Special Attack they tried to minmax
:bw/bibarel: Mega Bibarel

Ability:
Simple/Unaware/Moody -> Patchwork Fortress (For every hazard on either side of the field, this pokemon gains a boost to both defenses (activates upon mega evolving and every time it switches in afterwards))
Typing: Normal/Water

Stats:
Atk: 85 -> 115 (+30)

Def: 60 -> 95 (+35)
SpA: 55
SpD: 60 -> 95 (+35)
BST: 410 -> 510 (+100)

New Moves: Refresh, Life Dew

Flavour: Bibarel sits atop of a fortress-like dam, made out of random bits of wood and other things (hence 'patchwork' and the way the ability works, the idea being that it uses the hazards to help build the fort), the actual fort itself has oars at the bottom, because its creating this over the water.

Competitive: Mega Bibarel has a weird niche in being on a team that will always not be carrying removal, usually carrying Stealth Rock and Spikes of their own. If the opponent fails to stop 3 layers of spikes and rocks going up, Bibarel can easily come in and set up a swords dance before clearing out the rest of the team (if the opponent also sets up their own Stealth Rock, M-Bibarel will be at +5 in both defenses! At that point banded CC from Urshi-R never 2hkoes). It benefits from a teammate thats able to punish Defog. Refresh and Life Dew can be used in conjunction as a more safe alternative to Rest, although they take up 2 moveslots rather than one.

:bw/skarmory: :bw/ferrothorn:
Skarmory and Ferrothorn both have access to Spikes and Stealth Rock, which partners Mega Bibarel extremely well. Skarmory is listed before Ferrothorn because it isn't weak to Fighting.

:bw/bisharp:
Bisharp is here because it punishes Defoggers that would otherwise seriously hamper Bibarel.

:bibarel: :skarmory: :bisharp: :landorus-therian:
This core is pretty strong as explained from Mega Bibarel's analysis and its partners, Lando-T is there because its Flyinium-Z set deals with Fighting types pretty well, and its general coverage supports the team nicely.
:Bibarel: Mega Bibarel
New Ability
: Unaware
Type: Normal/Water

New stats:
HP: 79 -> 79
Attack: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Defense: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Special Defense: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Speed: 71 -> 71
BST: 410 -> 510

New moves: Slack Off
Description: Shuts down set up sweepers while having many ways to boost itself in front of the neutered sweeper such as Curse and Swords Dance. Slack Off gives it reliable recovery so it can consistently do its job. Its bulk may seem underwhelming but it's actually quite bulky when you take Unaware and Slack Off into account.
Mega Bibarel
New Ability
: Hard Worker (All HMs get a 1.5x boost.)
Type: Normal / Water

New stats:
Attack: 135 (+50)
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 121 (+50)
(BST: 510)

New moves: Fly
Description:
Cut, Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Fly and Rock Smash get powerful boosts, while its stats are optimized for physical sweeps. It’s a cute idea that will likely not be too successful in such a powerful metagame, or be voted for that matter.
* you can also vote for かたわれ時 as Hodaka, as per their profile, if you're unable to type their name
* also please have more faith in yourself I freaking love this it's so cute ;-;
New Ability: Simple / Unaware / Moody -> Floodgate
(When another Pokémon boosts its stats, or when entering battle against a Pokémon with boosted stats, Mega Bibarel floods the field to create a swamp around the opposing team for four turns.)
Type: Normal/Water

New Stats:
Attack: 85
Defense: 60 -> 140 (+80)
Special Defense: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Speed: 71 -> 61 (-10)
(510 BST)

New moves: Slack Off, Parting Shot
Description:
This Mega Bibarel is meant to be a unique anti-setup Pokémon. It can punish offensive opponents for boosting by setting up a swamp and temporarily granting its own team a major offensive advantage - a debuff to the opposing team's Speed great enough that even the fastest setup sweepers can be outsped by most of its allies.
Its own new moves are meant to expand on this niche, Parting Shot allowing it to ensure its allies a safer switch from boosted opponents and Slack Off enabling it to serve a defensive role so it's not dead weight against non-boosting opponents.
Its role as a wall is actually especially interesting in context, as setup is a common wallbreaking method and its Ability not only invalidates but severely punishes it. I felt this was important to capitalize on Floodgate and make its capacity to punish setup more meaningful; what use would an anti-setup Ability be on a Pokémon that doesn't invite setup in the first place?
In addition to its new moves, Bibarel still has access to a ton of options that might be useful for a defensive role: Stealth Rock for general support, Yawn and Toxic to get setup sweepers out of the picture as efficiently as possible, Taunt as an anti-stall measure, and maybe Curse and Swords Dance? (It isn't exactly an offensive Pokémon, but if it's meant to tank hits and last long, it might be able to get multiple boosts in - Return is a nice STAB to have, and while it won't be hitting as hard as other setup users do, a Swords Dance can at least get it on par with some other non-boosting wallbreaker Megas!)
There are plenty of ways for Mega Bibarel to fit onto a team, and I think having this many options could also lend itself to a great deal of creative freedom when using it - I would really enjoy having a Pokémon like this in the meta!
:ss/Bibarel:
Mega Bibarel
Type:
Normal/Water ---> Normal/Water
Ability: Simple/Unaware/Moody ---> Wood Chipper (Contact moves deal double damage to Grass-types)
HP: 79 ---> 79
Atk: 85 ---> 145 (+60)
Def: 60 ---> 100 (+40)
SpA: 55 ---> 35 (-20)
SpD: 60 ---> 100 (+40)
Spe: 71 ---> 51 (-20)
Added Moves: Close Combat, Slack Off, Wood Hammer

Description: As a beaver, Bibarel should have the upper hand against plants, so this Mega is just that. Competitively, Bibarel is a frightening wallbreaker, now being able to break through Tangrowth, Mega Venusaur, and other bulky Grass-types.

252+ Atk Mega Bibarel Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 308-366 (84.6 - 100.4%)
252+ Atk Mega Bibarel Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 288-342 (71.2.6 - 84.6%)
252+ Atk Mega Bibarel Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 138-164 (39.2 - 46.6%) ok ferro

252+ Atk Bibarel Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 372-440 (105.6 - 125.0%)
:ss/bibarel:

/

Ability: Fortify (For every stat boost active on the field upon entry/mega evolution, including those on the user's side of the field, the user gains +1 defense for every boost detected. If there are over 2 boosts detected and the user is statused, the status will be cleared.)

Atk: 115 (+30)
Def: 80 (+20)
SpD: 110 (+50)
New Moves: Body Press, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Shore Up, Wood Hammer

Reasoning:

On the surface, Mega Bibarel looks really underwhelming. It isn't minmaxed for any efficient BST gain, and it only gets Drain Punch as far as new STAB options go. So, what's the catch? The catch lies in its ability: Fortify, which completely reaps off of the insane boosts Bibarel can get off of a Simple boosted Swords Dance or shiny option in Bulk Up. Upon Mega Evolving, it dons a very all or nothing nature, where it is capable of winning games on the spot with gigantic defense boosts as explosive as its initial boosts, as well as giving itself even easier setup even post evolution with new reliable recovery in Shore Up. Interestingly, Mega Bibarel can also be used as a failsafe against physical sweepers, gaining defense boosts that allow for it to take them on more immediately upon switch-in; however, the ability is mostly designed around giving Mega Bibarel the ability to act as a bulky, explosive win-con that acts somewhat similarly to BD Kommo-o in nature.

A few things of note: Drain Punch gives it a new STAB option that isn't obscene, yet still supports its bulky sweeping design; Bulk Up is a stronger variant of Curse that lets it more freely use Water STAB moves that aren't Waterfall; and, lastly, Shore Up gives it much needed reliable recovery that also gives it the ability to act as a more defensive ally if needed, thanks to its much nicer defensive typing. Wood Hammer is mostly for flavor, but can probably be used in a few fringe cases. Also, if you're into it, it gets Amnesia as well, if you want to take that route and make Mega Bibarel the most horrible thing to face. For that, I opted to give it Body Press as well, to make it so you have the ability to run this thing in numerous ways, have an extra way to take advantage of the new Fighting-type and Defense boosting gimmick, and so it's not a one trick pony.

I find it hilarious that my Mega Bibarel can just hit +6 defense in just 2 turns with Bulk Up + Fortify. I think that's a record?
:sm/bibarel:
Bibarel-Mega
Stone Name: Bibarelite
Normal/Water->Steel/Water (definitely a reference to the dex entry for Bidoof saying it has nerves of steel)
Unaware/Simple/Moody->Unaware
HP: 79->79 (+0)
Attack: 85->45 (-40)
Defense: 60->120 (+60)
Special Attack: 55->85 (+30)
Special Defense: 60->120 (+60)
Speed: 71->61 (-10)
Total: 410->510 (+100)
New Moves: Shore Up, Flash Cannon, Haze
I never really felt like making subs this slate, but I thought i'd finally give it a try. I will also say, however, that I am a fan of gen 4 and have memories playing through Pokemon Diamond, first choosing my starter as Chimchar (RottenInfernape?), catching the early bird Starly, the adorable lynx known as Sphinx, etc. beating Cynthia for the first time was so accomplishing. I also pretty much remember using Bibarel throughout the gameplay as an HM slave, but I did replace it for something else during my time at the Elite 4 (Mr. Mime? don't remember) i'm probably the only one that thinks Bidoof is a bit cute, along with its cry. I don't have lots of time to make the other two subs either (I don't have much ideas for Staraptor unfortunately, but I do love the mon and I will definitely be choosing the Showdown concept) so here's the beaver:

Mega Bibarel:bibarel:
Type View attachment 281915
Ability
Fluffy
Mega Stone Name Bibarite
Stats
79 → 79
85 → 105 (+20)
60 → 115 (+55)
55 → 55
60 → 85 (+25)
71 → 71

New Moves
Flip Turn, Body Press

Flavour Description Beavers are partially known for having thick fur, which is why I gave Mega Bibarel Fluffy. They also usually have whiskers and ears, something else that I gave it. Its teeth are also larger, and its tail turns into a lightish-blue color with bubbles surrounding it. Due to its larger bulk, Mega Bibarel has a better survival rate in the winter but has an easier time being overwhelmed in harsh sunlight.

Competitive Description Mega Bibarel turns into a unique bulky setup sweeper/wincon that can setup on threatening balance breakers such as Crawdaunt and Mega Dragonite due to its good defensive typing and great bulk paired with Fluffy. It gets access to Curse, simultaneously boosting its Attack and Defense by one turn, making it hard to stop in the match. It also gets Amnesia, which lets it deal with special attackers like Ash Greninja better. Its base form gets a very useful abilty in Simple, which can be used to increase these stat boosts even further given the chance to set up. Unfortunately, it does lack reliable recovery, which hinders its ability to consistently recover on things that can damage it quite effectively. However, it can negate status, which gives it a better chance of KOing passive mons such as Blissey. Flip Turn can be used to pivot out of unfavorable Pokemon that it has a hard time dealing with such as Toxapex, and Body Press helps deal with water resists such as Crawdaunt and Kommo-o better.
Bibarel @ Bibarite
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Amnesia / Body Press
- Liquidation
- Rest

Mega Bibarel can run max Defense investment to better deal with the aforementioned physical attackers. Bibarel can also forego Amnesia to run Body Press or Flip Turn, although suboptimal on a set focused on sponging hits and damaging the opposing team. Liquidation is the primary STAB move, and Rest is your only source of recovery.

:kricketune: Mega Kricketune
Normal Sprite

Mega Kriketune
New Ability
: Swarm/Technician -> Harmonious
(When this pokemon uses a sound-based move, it has a 20% chance of raising this pokemon's SpA.)

Type:

New stats:
HP: 77
Attack: 85 -> 45 (-40)
Defense: 51 -> 86 (+35)
Special Attack: 55 -> 125 (+70)
Special Defense: 51
Speed: 65 -> 100 (+35)
(484 BST)
New moves: Boomburst, Relic Song
:bw/kricketune:
Kricketune
Bug, Normal
Reverb (after using an sound move, higher attack stat is boosted by 1)
77, 125, 44, 110, 44, 80
Boomburst, Roar, Recover, Agility
:kricketune:
Mega Kricketune
New Ability: Swarm/Technician --> Dancer
New Typing: Bug/Fighting

New Stats:
ATK: 85 --> 145 (+60)
DEF
: 51 (--)
SPA
: 55 --> 15 (-40)
SPD
SPE
: 65 --> 145 (+80)

New Moves
: Drain Punch, First Impression, Power Trip, Dual Wingbeat

Desc: now if youve ever battled me more than once you probably know that oricorio is one of my absolute favorite pokemon to use! i try to run it at least a little bit mixed, so that if it copies something else's swords dance or dragon dance it can still threaten them with it. however oricorio isn't super good at being a mixed attacker!

but never fear, fellow gamers, for at long last kricketune is here to help with THAT problem.

fighting type gives it an edge over steel-type SD users like bisharp and excadrill as well as lowering the impact of stealth rocks, while the addition of Power Trip threatens the likes of DD dragapult and SD aegislash. its speed stat is enough to match pace with basically any dragon dance sweeper, since in order for dancer to work you kinda have to already be faster than the guy youre copying the dance from.

kricketune also has a bit of a leg up on certain quiver dance users, to boot -- since it copies the speed boost from QD, it will still outpace them if it already outspeeds, and its a physical attacker so it ignores the Special Defense boosts. It still instantly dies if it doesn't oneshot them but, hey, not a terrible matchup still!

it's too frail to take more than one hit from basically anything though, and it especially has problems with priority-using boosters that resist first impression.
:sm/kricketune:
:bw/kricketune:
Kricketune-Mega
Stone Name: Kricketite
Bug->Bug/Psychic
Swarm/Technician->Telekinetic Tunes (When this Pokémon enters the battle, the terrain becomes Psychic Terrain until and cannot be removed unless the ability Arena Rock or Grounded removes it, or until this ability is no longer active for any Pokemon. Arena Rock clone for Psychic Terrain.)
HP: 77->77 (+0)
Attack: 85->14 (-71)
Defense: 51->104 (+53)
Special Attack: 55->115 (+60)
Special Defense: 51->63 (+12)
Speed: 65->111 (+46)
New moves: Quiver Dance, Roost, Expanding Force, (Psychic and Psyshock for flavor)

Ooooooooookay. So we hashed this over on the Discord and just so you all know, this sub is council approved. The -71 Attack may look strange, but in reality, I switched the Attack and Special Attack stats first, and then did -41. Why? Because Beedrill loses 30 points in Special Attack upon Mega Evolution and Kricketune has 11 points less. This minmax was thus deemed legal. Everything else was balanced so the sub wouldn’t be busted as a Quiver Dance Sweeper with council consultation as well, haha. Thanks to Hematite and Inkbug for the help!

Anyway, this sub is built as a unique Quiver Dancer. It possesses solid physically defensive capabilities, as well as good special attack and speed. It aims to set up with Quiver Dance and click Expanding Force/Bug Buzz. However, this sub has some cool nuances as well. First of all, its horrific coverage limits it to Hidden Power to nail Steels. However in doing this, it gives up Roost, which means it can’t Recover HP from its SR weakness that it can’t circumvent because it can’t use boots. So it has to choose between coverage and longevity, which proves to be a major balancing factor. However, thanks to Psychic terrain, it can set up without fear of otherwise dangerous priority. Overall, Kricketune-Mega is a great Quiver Dancer with good overall bulk and strong offensive options.

Design wise, it rises into the air with purple energy pooling around it. It grows a pair of large wings but doesn’t use them... A mysterious tune emanates from its body.
:dp/kricketune:
New Ability
: Refreshing Song: When this pokemon uses a sound move, both it and adjacent allies recover 25% health and have their status cured.
Type: Bug/Steel

New stats: 77/15/111/105/111/65
HP: 77 (+0)
Attack: 85 --> 15 (-70)
Defense: 51 --> 111 (+60)
Special Attack: 55 --> 105 (+50)
Special Defense: 51 --> 111 (+60)
Speed: 65 (+0)
(BST) 384 --> 484

New moves: Metal Sound, Flash Cannon, Parting Shot, Sparkling Aria, Boomburst
Description: With one of its arm turning into a harp with metal strings and the same happening to the guitar-like pattern on its chest, Mega-Kricketune uses its last arm to play songs that revitalize allies that hear them. Mega-Kricketune will most likely heal every turn and can force switches with Metal Sound and Parting Shot both letting it heal as well. It can also deal with fire types that could threaten it by using Sparkling Aria. It can use Sticky Web and Heal Bell for team support, and even use a healing Perish Song with infestation. With its incredible healing and team support, Mega-Kricketune will be a very good addition to teams thanks to its good and versatile support.

Typing: Bug

New Ability: Simple

New Moves: Clangorous Soul, Giga Drain

HP: 77- - >77 (unchanged)
Atk: 85 - - >15 (swapped with SpA, -40)
Def: 51 - - >76 (+25)
SpA: 55 - - >155 (swapped with Atk, +70)
SpD: 51- - >76 (+25)
Spe: 65 - - > 85 (+20)
BST: 384 - - >484 (+100)
DELELELELELELELELELELE WHOOOOOOOOOOOP
:bw/kricketune: Mega Kricketune

Ability:
Swarm/Technician -> Clearance (On entry, apply Defog (applies defog before being hit by entry hazards))
Typing: Bug

Stats:
Atk: 85 -> 142 (+57)
Def: 51 -> 1 (-50)
SpA: 55 -> 132 (+77)
SpD: 51 -> 1 (-50)
Spe: 65 -> 131 (+66)
BST: 384 -> 484 (+100)

New Moves: U-Turn, First Impression

Flavour: Kricketune becomes the literal representation of a stick bug, having its body become extremely small and frail, although that allows it to move at incredibly high speeds.

Competitive: Mega Kricketune shares with Mega Garbodor access to the best form of removal in the entire game, but dies to literally any attack. Unlike Mega Garbodor, Mega Kricketune is extremely potent offensively, possessing STAB U-Turn and First Impression off of a great 142 Atk stat. It also has a great speed tier, outspeeding the majority of the metagame (only Ash-Gren, Mega Lop, Pult, Zeraora, Mega Butterfree, Mega Jolteon, Mega Archeops, Mega Talonflame, Mega Lycanroc-Midday, Mega Lycanroc-Dusk, Mega Boltund and Megapult), one of which gets destroyed by First Impression. A lot of bulkier pokemon have to deal with this thing coming in from Teleport, clearing hazards, and then U-Turning right back out to a Pokemon that threatens them.

:bw/slowbro: :bw/blissey: :bw/clefable:
Slowbro, Blissey and Clefable all partner Mega Kricketune in that they provide a free switch-in to it through Teleport. That's about it but they're a crucial part of its team.

:bw/kyurem:
Kyurem is a great partner to Mega Kricketune because it almost never wants to run Heavy-Duty-Boots, meaning that Kricketune can consistently remove the rocks that would constantly hamper Kyurem. I chose Kyurem specifically because it, to me, is the best way of covering its weaknesses, its Ice and Ground coverage covering the majority of the resistances to Kricketune's bug moves.

:kricketune: :slowbro: :kyurem: :magearna:
This core is extremely strong as it contains the 2 partners I listed along with Mega Kricketune of course, as well as Magearna who covers Kyurem's weaknesses very well, and Kyurem covers Magearna's weaknesses also.
:Kricketune: Mega Kricketune
New Ability
: Soundbug: User's Bug-type moves are now considered sound moves and their power is boosted by 20% (Reverse of Liquid Voice / -ate abilities)
Type: Bug

New stats:
HP: 77 -> 77
Attack: 85 -> 145 (+60)
Defense: 51 -> 51
Special Attack: 55 -> 35 (-20)
Special Defense: 51 -> 51
Speed: 65 -> 125 (+60)
BST: 384 -> 484

New moves: Cross Chop, Psycho Cut
Description: DELELELE whooOOOP! Mega Kricketune's Bug-type moves can now bypass Substitutes thanks to them being sound-type moves. Unlike other sound moves, Kricketunes' sound Bug moves remain physical. I decided to give the ability a power boost as it's so frail it needs to deal as much damage as possible. Its best move Leech Life now gets 96 power and heals itself of the residual damage it has taken (hazards, Iron Barbs, etc.). Cross Chop is its strongest Fighting moves that makes sense for it flavor-wise and is useful to hit Steel- and Rock-types such as Ferrothorn and Mega Gigalith. Psycho Cut gives it super effective coverage on Toxapex and other Poison-types.
Mega Kricketune
New Ability: Dominator (On sendout AND when an opponent switches in, if one of this Pokemon’s stats are lower than the opponent’s, that stat gains +1. Ability can activate for all applicable stats.)

New stats:
Attack: 83 (-2)
Defense: 79 (+28)
Special Attack: 83 (+28)
Special Defense: 79 (+28)
Speed: 83 (+18)
(BST: 484)

New moves: Close Combat, Focus Blast, (Optional: Earthquake, Earth Power, Stone Edge, Power Gem)
Description:
I was so frustrated at the lack of any good role Kricketune could fulfill (Technician has nothing good to abuse; its stats were too low for an effective suicide lead) that we’re confounded by low stats that I just gave up. Until... my mind produced this incredible idea that let its stats be beneficial instead of hampering it! Now, when faced against powerful opponents, it can set up immediately; and the stronger the opponent, the higher the chance of getting more boosts! It is entirely possible to get an effective No Retreat through this.
Unfortunately, Kricketune still has a ton of flaws. A Weakness to Stealth Rock without being able to wear Heavy-Duty Boots, a substantially lackluster movepool, being forced to take up a Mega slot, lack of defensive options for stall teams and not too high offensive stats or speed even when boosted are just some of a myriad of problems. However, smart switching, proper team support and smart matchups (as well as a good pick of luck!) can make this Pokemon a very good Pokemon that can easily snowball out of control, being a very deadly sweeper under the right circumstances.
And it also discourages switching!
:ss/kricketune:
Mega Kricketune
Type:
Bug
Ability: Cacophony (automatically summons Perish Song upon switch-in or mega evolution)
Moves: Dual Wingbeat
Stats:
HP: 77​
Att: 145 (+60)​
Def: 81 (+30)​
SpA: 25 (-30)​
SpD: 81 (+30)​
Spe: 75 (+10)​

Cacophony is back again, and about time too. And this time, it's in the mood to kill everything. Do I think this is viable? No. Do I think this is fun? Yes. Cacophony puts a stop to any setup sweeper without Soundproof (so just Kommo-o), and can help to rack up hazard damage by forcing switches. However, since Perish Song affects everyone on the field, that also applies to Mega Kricketune, who would otherwise like to use Swords Dance, and who is a hazard-weak Pokemon without recovery.

For flavor, the energy from Mega Evolution has warped Kricketune's melodies and turned them into dubstep, i.e. the real-world equivalent of Perish Song.
New Ability: Swarm / Technician -> Executioner

New Stats:
Attack: 85 -> 151 (+66)
Defense: 51
Special Defense: 51
Speed: 65 -> 119 (+64)
(484 BST)

New moves: Dual Wingbeat
Description:
Okay, so I was looking for ways to make Fell Stinger viable, and... I was initially going to go for Technician, but I realized that Executioner (our Mega Bisharp's Ability, by DrPumpkinz) is actually a much more effective way to achieve the same thing in a directly synergistic way (always more fun than a straight unconditional BP change) while also buffing its other moves.
Incidentally, Dual Wingbeat has an interesting interaction with Executioner - if the first hit is enough to get the target below 50%, the second hit will still be boosted. This means Kricketune can use its Ability for a 25% boost overall even on targets that are slightly above 50% health.
I was thinking this would probably run something along the lines of Fell Stinger + Leech Life + Dual Wingbeat + Brick Break, which is about the best coverage it can get with its STABs? Executioner Fell Stinger is its main niche, and Leech Life gives it moderate sustainability during its sweep, but its incredible frailty still leaves it pretty easy to force it out with anything with priority or anything naturally faster. You'd need a fair bit of team support to make use of it, but its offensive potential is no joke if you can maneuver it into an ideal position for a sweep!
:ss/kricketune:

/

Ability: Harmonize (Upon using a sound move, a side condition is set onto the user's side of the field that guarantees attacks to land for 3-4 turns so long as they aren't OHKO moves.)

Atk: 85
Def: 101 (+60)
SpD: 121 (+70)
Spe: 35 (-30)
New Moves: Parting Shot, U-turn, Roost, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough

Reasoning
:

Kricketune has needed some help for so long, and its sound lemotif has a lot of room to play with, and I thought what better way to touch on that than with a bard sort of Pokemon? Bards are usually support teammates, and I wanted my Mega Kricketune to reflect that. It has a better defensive typing, actual defenses, recovery, slow momentum, and, most importantly: an incredible utility ability that allows for it to very effectively facilitate offense by guaranteeing their attacks to land for a few turns. There are a few obvious implications with this: such moves as Sing, Grass Whistle, or Hypnosis gain viability, alongside very strong offensive options like Zap Cannon and Inferno which are neutered by a reprehensible accuracy. Alongside Kricketune being able to plant webs, remain alive, and utilize options like Perish Song and Heal Bell to both support its team and utilize its ability, Kricketune goes from a Suicide Webs lead into a very potent cleric and Balance Mega. Plus, although its defensive typing has some great merits, it is also restrained by a bevy of weaknesses, including to Stealth Rock, and chip damage makes it very hard to use when pressure is being aptly applied to it. Nonetheless, it can be very strong in the right hands.

As for move options: Parting Shot and U-turn allow for Kricketune to get right out of there; Parting Shot, specifically, has a really cool variable in being a Sound move in of itself, letting its ability activate upon use of the move. U-turn lets Kricketune not be Taunt fodder, however. Roost gives Kricketune longevity; if Scizor/Scyther can have it, why can't Kricketune? Everything else is simply to give Kricketune some STAB options, with Disarming Voice and Dazzling Gleam being added mostly for flavor.
Kricketune-Mega
->

Swarm/Technician-> Vitality (When this pokemon has a stat lowered, it's defense is raised by 2 stages)
HP: 77->77
Attack: 85-> 122 (37)
Defense: 51 -> 100 (49)
Special Defense: 51 -> 61 (10)
Speed: 65 -> 99 (34)
New Moves: Earthquake, Amnesia, U-turn
Flavor Text: Kricketune beefs out completely, becoming extremely muscular. Its smooth mustache grows significantly in size and reaches the floor. Mega Kricketune does not have an appetite for food, but instead, consumes energy from others when they look at his luscious muscles. Gave it the ground type because of the ground cricket.
Set Description: Kricketune had a lot of cool tools at its disposal from the moves it already had. Webs, heal bell, power up punch, substitute, swords dance, resttalk, perish song, toxic, taunt. The list goes on. I decided to expand its defensive horizon a bit, allowing it to capitalize on its pretty cool moveset. For starters, I gave it the ground typing. This is a cool typing in my opinion - as it maintains 3 weaknesses the same as pure bug - adding water type as a weakness, while removing the grass type weakness from ground and the rock type weakness from bug. This also removes a hazard weakness, and most fire types won't want to come in on mega Kricket due to the ground typing. Next, I gave it defiant/competitive but for defense. In my opinion, this is super cool - and makes the pokemon an interesting pick and provides a place on hazard stack teams - similar to subseed Serperior - in the sense that it's an interesting, defensive way to discourage defog. It has a host of other abilities - such as as being a way to check intimidate, parting shot, etc. For the new moves, I gave it earthquake as its ground stab, but I also gave it amnesia. I think it's a cool way to mitigate its still-lackluster special defense stat, as this thing doesn't get recovery outside of leech life (and calling leech life recovery is a stretch). U-turn gives it a nice pivot option and alternative to leech life, but I think leech life would be better on most sets personally. Hope you guys enjoy!
ChoiceScarfed's Mega Staraptor has been excluded, as its stats were not lowered to comply with the instructions given when we vetoed it; for a Pokémon that can get a free -2 Attack on any opponent and use that to set up Swords Dance safely, this stat spread is not acceptable.
(After further discussion with the council, I'm admittedly not sure that my previous post did properly address the reasons it needed to be nerfed or the best methods for doing that - sorry that it was misleading! - but even so, it doesn't abide by the requirements I laid out then anyway, so its exclusion should not be unexpected.)
In any case, as usual, this can be added back to the vote if ChoiceScarfed gets in touch on the Discord and it is nerfed appropriately.
please yell at me if I messed anything up!!

Edit: かたわれ時's Mega Kricketune was also removed for having more than +100 BST - I didn't catch that, oops! I'll DM them now to ask about changing it. Edit again: they fixed it!!!

Last edited:
As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!
As previously announced, slate 15 is a special themed slate and was not decided by poll. It's now time to announce what that will be!
Next week's submission phase will be focused on :mismagius: Mega Mismagius, :honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow and :spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb as a celebration of Halloween!
To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

On a related note... something else is coming up at the end of the month!!

This fantastic banner is by inkbug!

Happy almost-Halloween, everyone!! The Mega Spooky Cup is almost upon us!!
This will be another singles tour, although we'll be running it with a manual bracket this time rather than using Showdown's built-in tour feature, as that doesn't work on Dragon Heaven.
The twist - inspired by the Spooky Cup from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and the Ultra Spooky Cup from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon - is that the Mega Spooky Cup only allows Pokémon that are certifiably spooky! ... which is to say that we have a very silly and very fun list of legal Pokémon to make sure every battle in the tour is in the Halloween spirit!
:Rattata::Rattata-Alola::Raticate::Raticate-Alola::Ekans::Arbok::Pikachu::Clefable::Zubat::Golbat::Vileplume::Paras::Parasect::Meowth-Alola::Meowth-Galar::Persian-Alola::Victreebel::Tentacool::Tentacruel::Grimer::Grimer-Alola::Muk::Muk-Alola::Gastly::Haunter::Gengar::Drowzee::Hypno::Cubone::Marowak::Marowak-Alola::Koffing::Weezing::Weezing-Galar::Tangela::mr-mime::Pinsir::Ditto::Eevee::Vaporeon::Omanyte::Omastar::Kabuto::Kabutops::Aerodactyl:
:Hoothoot::Noctowl::Spinarak::Ariados::Crobat::Espeon::Umbreon::Murkrow::Misdreavus::Unown::Wobbuffet::Gligar::Granbull::Sneasel::Corsola-Galar::Houndour::Houndoom::Mightyena::Zigzagoon-Galar::Linoone-Galar::Dustox::Shiftry::Shedinja::Whismur::Loudred::Exploud::Sableye::Mawile::Gulpin::Swalot::Carvanha::Sharpedo::Cacnea::Cacturne::Zangoose::Seviper::Lunatone::Crawdaunt::Baltoy::Claydol::Shuppet::Banette::Duskull::Dusclops::Absol::Snorunt::Glalie::Huntail::Drifloon::Drifblim::Mismagius::Honchkrow::Stunky::Skuntank::Spiritomb::Skorupi::Drapion::Croagunk::Toxicroak::Carnivine::Abomasnow::Weavile::Tangrowth::Electivire::Magmortar::Yanmega::Gliscor::Dusknoir::Froslass::Rotom::Purrloin::Liepard::Gigalith::Woobat::Swoobat::Venipede::Whirlipede::Scolipede::Basculin::Krokorok::Krookodile::Yamask::Yamask-Galar::Cofagrigus::Trubbish::Garbodor::Zorua::Zoroark::Gothita::Gothorita::Gothitelle::Frillish::Jellicent::Joltik::Galvantula::Elgyem::Beheeyem::Litwick::Lampent::Chandelure::Golett::Golurk::Bisharp::Vullaby::Mandibuzz::Zweilous::Hydreigon::Larvesta::Fennekin::Braixen::Delphox::Pancham::Pangoro::Espurr::Meowstic::Meowstic-F::Honedge::Doublade::Aegislash::Swirlix::Slurpuff::Spritzee::Aromatisse::Malamar::Phantump::Trevenant::Pumpkaboo::Gourgeist::Noibat::Noivern::Hoopa::Hoopa-Unbound::Decidueye::Incineroar::Lycanroc-Midnight::Mareanie::Toxapex::Dewpider::Araquanid::Shiinotic::Salandit::Salazzle::Stufful::Bewear::Golisopod::Sandygast::Palossand::type-null::Silvally::Mimikyu::Dhelmise::Nihilego::Xurkitree::Guzzlord::Necrozma::Poipole::Blacephalon::Inteleon::Corviknight::Blipbug::Dottler::Orbeetle::Nickit::Thievul::Coalossal::Silicobra::Sandaconda::Toxtricity::Sizzlipede::Centiskorch::Sinistea::Polteageist::Hatenna::Hattrem::Hatterene::Impidimp::Morgrem::Grimmsnarl::Obstagoon::Perrserker::Cursola::Runerigus::Morpeko::Arctovish::Arctozolt::Dracozolt::Dreepy::Drakloak::Dragapult::Zarude:
This includes a great number of our Mega Evolutions - Clefable, Vaporeon, Froslass, Gigalith, Garbodor, Gothitelle, Chandelure, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Lycanroc-Midnight, Inteleon, Corviknight, Orbeetle, Thievul and Dragapult, plus all three of the newcomers from the upcoming slate 15 - so you should have plenty of fun options for your team!
I plan to add the ruleset for this to the validator at the same time that I add the winning Mega Evolutions from slate 14, so you'll have the opportunity to test well in advance whether the teams you build are legal in case these rules are confusing overwhelming right now.

We aren't positive on the date yet, but this will most likely take place on or around Halloween - that's the 31st of this month! Stay tuned for updates on when the validator can be used and when the final date is decided! C:

EDIT: Added 15/10 @ 5:48 GMT:
Added the Fennekin line and Zarude!
Also worth noting: Crown Tundra will be released before the tour, so we're most likely going to include some Pokémon from that when it drops. Galarian Articuno and Moltres are definite options, and I'm personally in favor of Regieleki as well? Plus we don't know what potentially-spooky secret Pokémon might be left to discover! There might well be a dark horse pick waiting to reveal itself!
I also made this over-the-top and slightly messy spreadsheet for people's teambuilding convenience.
There is... an absurd amount of detail here on what any given legal Pokémon might offer to your team (possibly including options you don't normally consider when you see the Pokémon - I am all for weird tech). It mmmight not be the best organized, especially since I'm not a great teambuilder myself? but this sheet is nothing if not comprehensive!

EDIT: Added 17/10 @ 7:38 GMT:
Banned Volcarona by popular request after people had some battles with this ruleset!

EDIT: Added 24/10 @ 9:54 GMT:
Added DLC additions and unfused Necrozma!

EDIT: Added 29/10 @ 10:22 GMT:
Removed Regieleki by popular request in light of the different extent of available counterplay and the power level of other Electric-types in Mega Spooky Cup relative to regular Megas for All and also it's not really that spooky!

Last edited:
:staraptor: Mega Staraptor: IsoCon, kakaks, Hematite
:bibarel: Mega Bibarel: かたわれ時, Hematite, inkbug
:kricketune: Mega Kricketune: BitBitio, Mossy Sandwich, IsoCon

Edit: sorry, you ninja'd me, but no, you did not change its Attack or Speed and it still has Swords Dance (which were the issues we just established) and you definitely did not even remotely balance it appropriately for Aerilate, so that's still a hard no. If the Discord doesn't work for you, we can talk in DMs?

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:staraptor: Staraptor; IsoCon, Ausma, Mossy Sandwich
:bibarel: Bibarel; zxgzxg, Hodaka, IsoCon
:kricketune: Kricketune; BitBitio, Mossy Sandwich, inkbug

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Welp, here goes nothing...
:ss/spiritomb:
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Pressure/Infiltrator -> Spirit Capturer
(When ever this pokemon knocks out another pokemon, it steals the opponent's positive stat changes. However, this pokemon loses a quarter of it's health when it does so.)
Type:
Never-Ending Nightmare - Ghost-type
Black Hole Eclipse - Dark-type

HP 50
Attack: 92 -> 108 (+16)
Defense: 108 -> 108
Special Attack: 92 -> 153 (+61)
Special Defense: 108
Speed: 85 -> 108 (+23)
(630 BST)

New moves:
Description:
I made most of the stats 108 because... It's spiritomb. And put the rest of the stats into SpA for no reason. ;)
To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!
:blobthinking:

Please delete your submission post. You can resubmit once voting ends.

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
(When ever this pokemon knocks out another pokemon, it steals the opponent's positive stat changes. However, this pokemon loses a quarter of it's health when it does so.)
Type:

HP 50
(630 BST)

New moves:
Description:
I made most of the stats 108 because... It's spiritomb. And put the rest of the stats into SpA for no reason. ;)
Hey subs for the next slate haven’t yet been opened. Like zxgzxg said, please delete it.

Also the sub has some legality issues as you added 73 speed, not 23.

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
Type:

HP 50
(630 BST)

New moves:
Description:
Hey subs for the next slate haven’t yet been opened. Like zxgzxg said, please delete it.

Also the sub has some legality issues as you added 73 speed, not 23.
also, it looks pretty good, since 153 is nothing to laugh at, and having an spectral thief effect when oing is too good, specially with 108 speed

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
And the votes are in!!!

:staraptor: Mega Staraptor: IsoCon !!
:bw/staraptor: Mega Staraptor

Ability:
Intimidate/Reckless -> Showdown (Whenever this Pokemon is on the field, Heal Block is active on both sides, Regenerator is blocked from activating when the opponent switches out (it isn't blocked by normal Heal Block))
Typing: Normal/Flying

Stats:
Atk: 120 -> 140 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 85 (+15)
SpA: 50 -> 75 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)
BST: 485 -> 585 (+100)

New Moves: Super Fang, Role Play

Flavour: The idea of this is that Staraptor is a bird of prey, and has the speed and stamina to endlessly chase another Pokemon, giving them no time to stop and rest (heal), while it constantly chasing something also stops Staraptor from resting (healing).

Competitive: Mega Staraptor fulfils a very unique niche in being able to stop an opponent from healing completely, decently matching up against Toxapex, bullying Tangrowth and Amoonguss, really bullying Gliscor, etc. Its bulk isn't perfect, especially with Brave Bird's recoil, however, that's where Super Fang comes in: getting a 50% damage off against something that cant heal is nice because it puts it in range of presumably Brave Bird, or allows Staraptor to catch it on the switch with its other insane option: Pursuit. Against something like Gliscor who almost always switches to not take toxic damage + Super Fang, it provides nice damage that slowly chips away through the opponent.

:bw/excadrill:
Excadrill is a nice partner to Mega Staraptor as it covers its weaknesses pretty well and threatens pokemon like Tapu Koko which destroy Staraptor.

:bw/heatran:
Heatran appreciates Staraptor being able to deal with pokemon such as Gliscor, or being able to weaken Toxapex enough that Heatran no longer cares about it.

I don't really have a core for this one.
:Staraptor:3-point votes2-point votes1-point votesTOTAL
Kakakshema1, kakaks,4
War Incarnatekakaks,3
Mossy Sandwichbotw,mossy,ink, war, flareon,3 + 2 + 3 =
BotwNerd745kakaks,1
IsoConmossy, hema1, ink, hema2,bit, war, iso,botw,12 + 6 + 1 =
MegaFlareon
Hodakadr,1
Hematitebit, war, iso,hema1,9 + 0 + 1 =
zxgzxgdr,zxg,iso,3 + 2 + 1 =
Ausmazxg,ink, botw,mossy,3 + 4 + 1 =
DrPumpkinzdr, flareon,4
BitBitiobit,1
Hematemasisflareon,hema2,zxg,3 + 2 + 1 =
Mateeushema2,1

:bibarel: Mega Bibarel: かたわれ時 !!
Mega Bibarel
New Ability
: Hard Worker (All HMs get a 1.5x boost.)
Type: Normal / Water

New stats:
Attack: 135 (+50)
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 121 (+50)
(BST: 510)

New moves: Fly
Description:
Cut, Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Fly and Rock Smash get powerful boosts, while its stats are optimized for physical sweeps. It’s a cute idea that will likely not be too successful in such a powerful metagame, or be voted for that matter.
:Bibarel:3-point votes2-point votes1-point votesTOTAL
ChoiceScarfeddr,zxg,3 + 0 + 1 =
kakakskakaks,2
inkbugbit,hema1,3 + 0 + 1 =
JonAmon 25kakaks,hema2,3 + 2 + 0 =
Mossy Sandwichwar,dr, hema2,3 + 0 + 2 =
BotwNerd745
iLiekMudkipz_
IsoConmossy,ink, botw,0 + 2 + 2 =
MegaFlareondr,2
Hodakahema1, flareon, iso,ink, botw,bit, war,9 + 4 + 2 =
Hematitemossy, hema2, botw,hema1, iso,9 + 4 + 0 =
zxgzxgink,war, zxg, flareon,iso,3 + 6 + 1 =
Ausmabit,mossy,0 + 2 + 1 =
BitBitio
RottenInfernapezxg,kakaks, flareon,3 + 0 + 2 =

:kricketune: Mega Kricketune: inkbug !
Mega Kricketune
New Ability: Swarm/Technician --> Dancer
New Typing: Bug/Fighting

New Stats:
ATK: 85 --> 145 (+60)
DEF
SPA
: 55 --> 15 (-40)
SPD
SPE
: 65 --> 145 (+80)

New Moves
: Drain Punch, First Impression, Power Trip, Dual Wingbeat

Desc: now if youve ever battled me more than once you probably know that oricorio is one of my absolute favorite pokemon to use! i try to run it at least a little bit mixed, so that if it copies something else's swords dance or dragon dance it can still threaten them with it. however oricorio isn't super good at being a mixed attacker!

but never fear, fellow gamers, for at long last kricketune is here to help with THAT problem.

fighting type gives it an edge over steel-type SD users like bisharp and excadrill as well as lowering the impact of stealth rocks, while the addition of Power Trip threatens the likes of DD dragapult and SD aegislash. its speed stat is enough to match pace with basically any dragon dance sweeper, since in order for dancer to work you kinda have to already be faster than the guy youre copying the dance from.

kricketune also has a bit of a leg up on certain quiver dance users, to boot -- since it copies the speed boost from QD, it will still outpace them if it already outspeeds, and its a physical attacker so it ignores the Special Defense boosts. It still instantly dies if it doesn't oneshot them but, hey, not a terrible matchup still!

it's too frail to take more than one hit from basically anything though, and it especially has problems with priority-using boosters that resist first impression.
:Kricketune:3-point votes2-point votes1-point votesTOTAL
ChoiceScarfedbit, flareon,zxg,6 + 2 + 0 =
kakakskakaks,1
inkbugwar, dr, hema2,botw,mossy, ink9 + 2 + 2 =
BitBitiohema1, ink,bit, iso,flareon,6 + 4 + 1 =
Mossy Sandwichiso,mossy, hema1, ink,war, hema2, botw,3 + 6 + 3 =
BotwNerd745iso,1
IsoConwar,hema1,0 + 2 + 1 =
MegaFlareonflareon,bit,3 + 0 + 1 =
Hodaka
DrPumpkinzdr,2
Hematitezxg, botw,6
Ausmamossy, kakaks,dr,6 + 0 + 1 =
Hematemasiskakaks, hema2,zxg,0 + 4 + 1 =

1602874419532.png
And with that out of the way, it's time to officially open the next slate for submissions! As Hematite said in his last post, we've got a special seasonal slate lined up for you all: Mismagius, Honchkrow, and Spiritomb!
:xy/mismagius::xy/honchkrow::xy/spiritomb:
These three spooky souls are gonna be haunting the thread for the next few days -- and just in time for the first ever Mega Spooky Cup coming up at the end of the month!
Submissions for Slate 15 close at 3:30 PM GMT on the 20th of October.
(A little shorter than usual, since we got the previous set time a little mixed up with this last voting period, and Hematite preferred to cut into the submission period rather than voting.)

As always, looking forward to seeing your awesome submissions! Happy hauntings everyone!
1602874850192.png

Last edited:
Definitions of "to hustle"
  • obtain by forceful action or persuasion
  • coerce or pressure someone into doing or choosing something
  • sell aggressively
  • obtain by illicit action; swindle; cheat
Sounds like a mob boss to me.

:ss/honchkrow:
Mega Honchkrow
Type:
Dark/Flying
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Burning Jealousy (both tutor flavor, neither relevant)
Stats:
HP: 100​
Att: 125 155 (+30)​
Def: 52​
SpA: 105 135 (+30)​
SpD: 52 72 (+20)​
Spe: 71 91 (+20)​

Honchkrow is neat in that it has two STAB options with perfect accuracy: Feint Attack and Aerial Ace, though I don't expect Aerial Ace to see much use due to it competing with Brave Bird's incredible power.

Honchkrow may hit like a nuclear bomb (Brave Bird is almost as strong as High Jump Kick from Mega Medicham!) and have powerful STAB priority, but it's still frail-ish on the physical side, reliant on Sucker Punch against offensive teams, and is inherently inconsistent thanks to Hustle.

Happy early Halloween. This is going to be an interesting year. Mismagius was something I was hoping to submit as a submission, since it's a Pokemon I really like from gen 4 and sadly, I have never used one in a Diamond team myself. I So, here's the sub:

Mega Mismagius:mismagius:
Type
1602874373357.png

Abi
lity Spirit Siphon (This Pokemon has life-draining effects on all its attacking moves that heal by 33%.)
Stats
60 → 60
60 → 60
60 → 70 (+10)
105 → 135 (+30)
105 → 135 (+30)
105 → 135 (+30)
(I had to put the +10 in Defense, so now the stats aren't completely even)

New Moves N/A
Pokedex Entry "This Pokémon can convey its emotions using magical powers. If it's feeling attacked or mischievous, they are said to be very dangerous."

Flavour Description Its hat is crooked, but much larger, and it also now has arms, with its hands being pink. Additionally, it has a purple steam flowing around it, but nothing has proved it to be harmful yet. It is recommended to bond with Mismagius before Mega Evolving it, too! In doubt, Mismagius could turn its back on you.

Competitive Description Mega Mismagius is a unique special attacker that capitalizes on setting up with Nasty Plot and sweeping the opposing team while draining health at its cost when weakened. It has very solid special stats, which allow it to take attacks like Water Shuriken from Ash-Greninja, outspeed threats like Kartana, and do significant damage to some bulky special walls save Blissey, like Clefable. Shadow Ball+Mystical Fire+Dazzling Gleam allows it to hit most of the metagame for neutral and hard damage, but Taunt can be used instead to shut down Blissey and neuter recovery from Toxapex, Corviknight, etc.
Mismagius @ Mismagite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire / Taunt

This set can act as a pure wallbreaker that relies on healing from the opponent, or briefly as a stallbreaker with Taunt. Alternatively, a Will-O-Hex set can be used to help its mediocre physical bulk.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)