5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm still trying to calibrate eontimer...but I cannot find the IVs that I get from Serebii's calculator. The Serebii calc does return a range however, and I have no AR to tell me the IVs. My question is....since the whole point of RNG is about not using AR, is there any realistic way to calibrate without using AR?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm still trying to calibrate eontimer...but I cannot find the IVs that I get from Serebii's calculator. The Serebii calc does return a range however, and I have no AR to tell me the IVs. My question is....since the whole point of RNG is about not using AR, is there any realistic way to calibrate without using AR?
Yes.

It's called stocking up on Rare Candies.

You forgot to check off the roamer checkbox in both of them. You (and everyone else) need to tell us the seed so we can show you exactly where you went wrong. I believe that's in the rules.

Yes.
Wait, the Roamer box is checked. My Seed is 5401cde8 and it's supposed to be frame 24 (31/29/31/31/31/31). The delay is 4497. I checked the Roamer box in Time Finder, there isn't anywhere else to check Roaming Pokemon.

So that means I need to hit my seed all the time in the house. This is gonna be a fun RNG.

Yes.

It's called stocking up on Rare Candies.

Hmm, okay that does seem to be the only way without AR. But then again, rare candies aren't exactly easy to come by without AR. I only ask because I'm already in the cave in front of Cobalion. Anyway, thanks for the help

For the first timer when catching stationary legends, when it ends i know you should soft reset but at what point do you do it? Do you need to actually be in game by the time the first timer ends or can you be at the memory select screen or does it not matter as long as you soft reset by the time the timer ends? Im very confused when it comes to the timer :/

Hmm, okay that does seem to be the only way without AR. But then again, rare candies aren't exactly easy to come by without AR. I only ask because I'm already in the cave in front of Cobalion. Anyway, thanks for the help
If you're using them for calibration then it doesn't matter, since you're not supposed to save after using them. You also should have at least a few by then.

For the first timer when catching stationary legends, when it ends i know you should soft reset but at what point do you do it? Do you need to actually be in game by the time the first timer ends or can you be at the memory select screen or does it not matter as long as you soft reset by the time the timer ends? Im very confused when it comes to the timer :/
It doesn't matter.

Not sure if i'm just very unlucky or if i'm just doing something wrong.

I've been trying to C Gear abuse Reshiram for 2 days now with no luck and i can't seem to figure out the problem.

My DSlite MAC address: a4e252

I have a spread for a flawless Reshiram on frame 9, seed is : 23B0F94D

The date I'm using is 2011 03 11, time is 12.01.01 and the delay i need t hit is 5872.

I've been calibrating for a while and actually menaged to get really close to the actual delay without, however, never hitting it.

I set my DS clock everytime i start my timer (using Eon timer), and i'm SRing when the first timer runs out and then turning on the c gear when the second one goes aswell.

When i'm not catching reshiram to calibrate i'm advancing the frame to 9 since that's where my spread is supposed to be, i have three pokemon with me so i just use a max repel. on and then walk six extra steps when that runs out which should bring me to the right frame before catching Reshiram.

Still after hours and hours i never menaged to hit my seed, did i mess anything or i'm i jsut unlucky and i should just keep on trying (even though it feels like shooting in the dark)? Thanks in advance!

Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong. Recently I wanted to start RNGing on my Pokemon Black on my DS. Like I understand the concept it's just that I don't get any results when I generate on Time Finder. Im basically only RNGing to get good IV's on captures in the wild.

Oh and these are my inputs:

Year: 2011
Max Frame: 8
Min Delay: 1800
Max Delay: 9999
Mac Address: B3CECB

Also all the IV's are set to =31.

So, I've experienced more issues while RNGing Tornadus:

1. I have a frame 24 seed with 31/30/30/31/31/31. This is one frame 24 as shown on the Time Finder. Now, I've RNGed Tornadus twice with the spread 7/31/29/31/31/31. That spread is on frame 24, though, as shown on the main window of RNReporter, while the spread 31/30/30/31/31/31 which is frame 24 on the Time Finders window is on frame 25 on the main window of RNGReporter? Any reason why? And if this is supposed to happen, is there a way I can advance just 1 frame? I have 5 pokes in my party.

2. Also, let's say after I encounter Tornadus, and then save, is the nature set just like the IVs?
You forgot to check off the roamer checkbox in both of them. You (and everyone else) need to tell us the seed so we can show you exactly where you went wrong. I believe that's in the rules.

Yes.
Wait, the Roamer box is checked. My Seed is 5401cde8 and it's supposed to be frame 24 (31/29/31/31/31/31). The delay is 4497. I checked the Roamer box in Time Finder, there isn't anywhere else to check Roaming Pokemon.

So that means I need to hit my seed all the time in the house. This is gonna be a fun RNG.

NP, anyone?

Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong. Recently I wanted to start RNGing on my Pokemon Black on my DS. Like I understand the concept it's just that I don't get any results when I generate on Time Finder. Im basically only RNGing to get good IV's on captures in the wild.

That means you don't have a hexflawless seed with that search criteria. You'll have to increase your frame and/or delay. Heck, I still haven't found my hexflawless spread even after searching with 150 max frame.

Yeah, the max frame is too low. You could increase the delay parameters too. I did something like max frame 100 max delay 30,000. It would also be better to search for >= 30 (that is, 30 or 31) in each option, as that will bring up all your good hidden power spreads too.

I have a few questions about Egg Abuse using the C-Gear.
1) Is it exactly the same as catch abuse, but with a starting frame of 10 instead of 3?
2) Do I need to rely on like, a flawless Ditto to get some IVs?

1) Is it exactly the same as catch abuse, but with a starting frame of 10 instead of 3?
I think. I'm not sure because I've never tried it, but I think it's safe to assume that. Iirc, though, you need to be saved in front of the DC man and be ready to grab the egg.
2 flawless parents would be best, Imo. Half of the IVs will be gained by hitting your seed, the other half from the parents. You would need one pokemon (I think the female/a ditto) to be holding an everstone so you can use that pokemon to act as a syncher. And you might want to make the other pokemon hold a Power item just to make sure one IV gets passed down.
Since I've never attempted Egg abuse before, my answers might not be correct, so you might want to wait for someone else to answer.

1. Yes, but also with as-of-now-uncontrollable inheritance tossed in. For that reason:

2. You should have as many target IVs as possible on the parents, yes.

Finally. >_> After hours of trying, I finally got my Cobalion.

31/31/31/27/31/31
Jolly - Alert to Sounds

Is this any good? Zekrom will do good with this too, correct?

That means you don't have a hexflawless seed with that search criteria. You'll have to increase your frame and/or delay. Heck, I still haven't found my hexflawless spread even after searching with 150 max frame.
wow I must be really lucky :)
i found a seed with my mac address that gives me flawless on frame 9, HP Ice on frame 10 and a trick room spread on frame 11 :D
delay=9686

btw is it possible to have HP Ice and a perfect speed IV?

wow I must be really lucky :)
i found a seed with my mac address that gives me flawless on frame 9, HP Ice on frame 10 and a trick room spread on frame 11 :D
delay=9686

btw is it possible to have HP Ice and a perfect speed IV?
Yeah I believe it's 31,30,30,31,31,31

I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, but is there a Mac substitute for the RNG Reporter? Mono won't seem to work after I hit the "generate" button

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, but is there a Mac substitute for the RNG Reporter? Mono won't seem to work after I hit the "generate" button
chiizu has created a program that works great on Macs, it'll be released at around the same time as the next RNG Reporter release, this weekend.

Can someone help me? D:, i'm trying to catch my first rng poke (Volcarona) and i can't find my delay because my IVs never match. The spread that i'm aiming for is 31/30/31/30/30/31 (hp ground 70), and the frame is 3.

on Seed timer:

Seed: 0F710FE3
seconds: 59
Mac: 710283
Date: 2011/05/31 00:57:59
Delay: 3413

Adjacent results: Delay -999/+999 Seconds -9/+9

I also tried: delay -100/+100 seconds -2/+2 as user Pixel suggested and delay -50/+50, -0/200, -0/300, -1000/+9999, and even unchecking the Seconds box near the Mac Adress

And my IVs still don't match

Are you setting DS to one minute before target?
Soft Resetting/loading game when first timer hits zero?
Turning C-Gear on after you're IN-GAME?
59 target second into your timer?

... if the average delay is 1000, why are there seeds with delays in as long as 699? seems wierd to have delays you can't hit.

turns out I forgot to set the delays it searched for... so thats why I was finding seeds i couldn't possibly hit.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Still trying to catch that Reshiram.
I'm on my 3DS.
Mac: AA4BE0
Seed: 3FBA5693
Frame: 7
Delay: 2728
EonTimer Calibaration: -35

I'm having issues where I'll be a second or two too late. This last try I hit the exact delay I was shooting for but I was two seconds too late. By using BETA 3 of RNG Reporter I've been able to search for the full IVs even when I'm doing frame 7 and I've noticed this is a reoccurring patter which I can't seem to fix. Attempting to create a manual timer with the same time for the second portion and then a second or two shorter on the first timer has not assisted me.

My exact procedure:
Go to 3DS system settings, get to time and change it. I press enter on my keyboard to start eon at the same time with my other hand. Then I exit the settings and start pokemon black. When the first timer is over I SR.After the SR I get in game and press the power button on the CGear. When the second timer ends I hit Yes. I then use a repel, walk the 100 steps, and then count 28 steps manually (4 pokemon in my party with a Modest Syncronizer in lead). I then encounter him and switch to my drilbur with 109 speed (one under the speed if he has 31 HP IV and no nature altering speed). If he attacks first I exit the game and try again. For the few times where I decide to check how far off I am I lose to N and then use 5 rare candies to get his IVs.

I do remember someone else said they had the same problem with the seconds on the 3DS, has anyone figured out how to fix this? My belief is that it has to be that I'm not starting EonTimer at the correct time and that it shouldn't be started at the same time as a quick press to change the time. I do note the time itself doesn't reset until a bit later when the pop up comes but if that were the case then the timer should be too early and I should be hitting under, not over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)