5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No. The IVs for Thundurus are generated right as you beat the Pokemon League champion. In other words, you are screwed.
Almost correct, whatever the MTRNG is when you end the battle is what you get. There's no advancement until you walk up to the Hall of Fame machine, and that's when it's set.

==

http://tinyurl.com/rngguide5g
Rough version of the comprehensive RNG guide (20 pages), includes egg, wondercard, and DW. If you are familiar with how to use RNG Reporter and the RNG terms (from last gen too), you will be able to figure out whatever method you want.

==

Use Honey or Sweet Scent to encounter wild Pokemon, like Solosis.
Rustling patches and others are related to the seed you use, the PIDRNG frame and the step counter. Info on how it works is here.

==

For eggs, DO NOT USE POWER ITEMS.
Calibrate to find your initial frame WITHOUT EVERSTONES.

Almost correct, whatever the MTRNG is when you end the battle is what you get. There's no advancement until you walk up to the Hall of Fame machine, and that's when it's set.

==

http://tinyurl.com/rngguide5g
Rough version of the comprehensive RNG guide (20 pages), includes egg, wondercard, and DW. If you are familiar with how to use RNG Reporter and the RNG terms (from last gen too), you will be able to figure out whatever method you want.

==

Use Honey or Sweet Scent to encounter wild Pokemon, like Solosis.
Rustling patches and others are related to the seed you use, the PIDRNG frame and the step counter. Info on how it works is here.

==

For eggs, DO NOT USE POWER ITEMS.
Calibrate to find your initial frame WITHOUT EVERSTONES.
Nice job! I have a question about this part in RNGing Entralink Pokémon though:

First, you will need to calibrate. Obtain your target C-Gear seed from RNG Reporter by searching Method 5 (CGear) with a minimum frame of X (8 or 22?) in Time Finder. Once you have a C-Gear seed, go back to the main
window and open up Seed to Time. Put your seed in and press Generate. You must select a time to hit for your CGear seed with your given MAC Address; this will be your calibration target.
8 or 22? Is that the range we should be looking in?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The IV frames that Entralink Pokemon get, from what I've heard, is 8 to 21. Something like that.

When you enter the Entralink, you have to walk up to your mon. That may or may not trigger the 128 step counter advancement. Depending on that (and other factors), it'll be advanced somewhere to between 8 and 22.

I can count on one hand the amount of people that have done it, and there's no consensus on what the initial IV frame is (because of that).

The IV frames that Entralink Pokemon get, from what I've heard, is 8 to 21. Something like that.

When you enter the Entralink, you have to walk up to your mon. That may or may not trigger the 128 step counter advancement. Depending on that (and other factors), it'll be advanced somewhere to between 8 and 22.

I can count on one hand the amount of people that have done it, and there's no consensus on what the initial IV frame is (because of that).
Okay, is it testable? Like the PIDRNG Starting frame? And would it always be the same?

So I think on that note I'll just breed them for DW abilities. Speaking of which, when breeding a female w/ DW ability, does it have to be a male of that species specifically, or can it be a male of any pokemon that shares an egg group (barring Ditto, of course)?

So I think on that note I'll just breed them for DW abilities. Speaking of which, when breeding a female w/ DW ability, does it have to be a male of that species specifically, or can it be a male of any pokemon that shares an egg group (barring Ditto, of course)?
It can be any male that is in the same egg group or species.

^this, and is there any way to backwards trace a seed? like I know the seed I need is 1016756B1C341AE4 but I need to know what the date and time and button presses are for the seed
In Time Finder, it gave you the time/date/press for the seed if that's how you found the seed.

In Time Finder, it gave you the time/date/press for the seed if that's how you found the seed.
nah, i wrote down the seed about a week ago, but didn't write down the date/time/ect. thinking there'd be a way to recheck it. but there doesn't seem to be any way unless there's something i'm missing

As for Solosis, try calibrating. Go for the PID frame you originally wanted, catch it, and see how far off you were. Go from there to hit another PID frame of similar results.

If you were going for shiny, I would suggest first calibrating w/ another random frame, see how far off you were, and determine the advancement from there.

For instance: You try and hit a frame 3 past your starting, but hit one 13 past, then the moving NPC had time to advance 10x

nah, i wrote down the seed about a week ago, but didn't write down the date/time/ect. thinking there'd be a way to recheck it. but there doesn't seem to be any way unless there's something i'm missing
Ok, what are you expecting to get from that seed? Probably a specific IV set, so search w/in the month (I'm assuming you can hit it in April), search Min/Max frame as the one you want to hit, and search the specific IV set you're going for. To be safe, search w/ Keypresses set to 3, as it'll detect less than 3 as well.

Unless there's something I'm missing (maybe a timer0 range) your seed should pop up in the list of results. A column in that seed's row will show date, time, and keypresses.

Ok, what are you expecting to get from that seed? Probably a specific IV set, so search w/in the month (I'm assuming you can hit it in April), search Min/Max frame as the one you want to hit, and search the specific IV set you're going for. To be safe, search w/ Keypresses set to 3, as it'll detect less than 3 as well.

Unless there's something I'm missing (maybe a timer0 range) your seed should pop up in the list of results. A column in that seed's row will show date, time, and keypresses.
ok, that was what i figured i'd have to do, it just takes awhile to search, i was just wondering if there was a faster way to do it. thanks!

You're welcome.

I'm sorry there isn't a faster way, but since they still have the BW Standard option in Seed to Time greyed out, this is the only way to work backwards.

To RNG an already encountered thundurus, defeat it, beat the elite four; then save in front of old lady in the house, then load up the game and hit target frame, then talk to lady?

Also, will I need to perform another DS Parameters search for Black if I use the same DS Lite to RNG on white?
bump.

Just to make sure I understand the first page:
I want to abuse Thundurus, and the first post says that the speed IV is placed in the Sp. Attack slot, and the Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense are transitioned to the right once. So if the RNG Reporter gives me the spread (30/X/30/31/31/31), the spread technically does change, but since the 31 in speed is placed in Sp attack and the other two are moved over I should still get (30/X/30/31/31/31), right?

Ok, if I read the guide correctly, I can hold the keys until the White Nintendo Logo (until it ends to be safe) and then start/A to skip everything else and safely hit my seed? Barring Timer0 fluctuating, of course.

Unless he can calibrate a IV frame in the thousands... >_>

Anyway, I have a question regarding ID/SID RNG. What is ESV?

Im using PPRNG and I found a Frame 52 Jolly Spread where its Abil 1, which is what I want, and it has Sync types A, B, and C which means I can synchronize the nature anywhere. My question is, what is ESV? It says my ESV L is 1, and my ESV W is 0...

Unless he can calibrate a IV frame in the thousands... >_>

Anyway, I have a question regarding ID/SID RNG. What is ESV?

Im using PPRNG and I found a Frame 52 Jolly Spread where its Abil 1, which is what I want, and it has Sync types A, B, and C which means I can synchronize the nature anywhere. My question is, what is ESV? It says my ESV L is 1, and my ESV W is 0...
Encounter Slot Value

Is there any way I can figure out what the ESV is for this stuff?
L would be land, so I guess the tower where I catch Litwicks would be 1? Which means I could capture (with the right seed) a shiny one with this frame? Or what...?

Hey, I was just wondering what the generation method and starting frame was for fossil pokemon? I was planning on RNGing Tirtouga :).

This was already answered:
What about this question...

Do I need to research my DS Parameters again if I use a different cartridge but the same DS?

Also, by League champion do you mean Alder or Ghetis?

Also also, can you point me to a guide that tells how you RNG Thundurus/Tornadus if you have NOT beat Alder (if above is yes) yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)