5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

you answered it.. it's just not hit-able. no idea why you would go through 850+ chatters lol.
900 chatters isn't bad. At least, it shouldn't be. I've done several captures that high before. And when this is the only seed found after four days of searching, I'm not going to hold out for a better one. I mean really if you figure one month takes 40 minutes to search, that's 77 hours my CPU had to spend searching to find this one seed. Probably an overestimation, but still.

And is it even possible for there to be an unhittable frame? Is that even a thing? Has anyone had a similar situation?

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
It's really sporadic. Once I was on frame 1750ish, advanced once, jumped to 1800, then back down to 1770 after 2 advances, etc etc.

It's best if you try doing increments of 5-10. Maybe this applied to me only but a brief idea of my "log":

*After 1300 chats later*

0 advance -- Frame 1753
1 advance -- Frame 1800
2 advance -- Frame 1770
5 advance -- Frame 1756
6 advance -- Frame 1802

Keep in mind I used an emulator so I had a much easier time finding a pattern but I got lucky when I hit my frame. If you're close to your frame (within a range of 5 we'll say), add another 5 advancements and see if you get closer.

But as mentioned earlier some frames are just plain not attainable, sadly. I found out the hard way with my "test" seed. Ironically I could hit my target seed, but that was luck.
Thanks to this advice, I ended up catching my shiny roamer :)

I did advancements of 5 and I must've gotten really, really lucky. For once in this entire past week, the frame didn't jump unexpectedly. I got my roamer after only 15 advancements.

Thank you to everyone who contributed roamer info in this thread. Now I need to go get a Tornadus @_@

having a keypress of Start - Right - Down ... is that shit even possible? holding 2 directions on the d-pad at the same time? anyone try it and succeed?

having a keypress of Start - Right - Down ... is that shit even possible? holding 2 directions on the d-pad at the same time? anyone try it and succeed?
Yeah that's totally possible. 20 of my dittos were caught on a Left-Up-X keypress seed. More than doable.

900 chatters isn't bad. At least, it shouldn't be. I've done several captures that high before. And when this is the only seed found after four days of searching, I'm not going to hold out for a better one. I mean really if you figure one month takes 40 minutes to search, that's 77 hours my CPU had to spend searching to find this one seed. Probably an overestimation, but still.

And is it even possible for there to be an unhittable frame? Is that even a thing? Has anyone had a similar situation?
I don't see why it's unhittable, maybe provide some more details about what you're capturing?

And dang, 40min for 1 month ._. *hugs my computer that spits even 3 keypress results in 10min max*

So, I think... I think Route 7 does not have wandering NPCs.

I went to try my hand at Route 7 with this seed because it turns out Foongus shows up there in the same encounter slot as Route 6, but when trying to find my SSF I discovered that there weren't any advancements at all. On a hunch, my next try I let the game sit for approximately a minute before Sweet Scent'ing -- and guess what, same mon. Same frame and everything.

This is good news, good news indeed. It's also notable because it wasn't on Madarame's list however many pages back; I've been using that as a bible for where to go and catch things, so this route being also good is great. Admittedly I've only tried it twice, so I'll get back to you when I've finally got this Foongus in the bag, but waiting a whole minute and not getting any PID advancements due to NPCs is pretty promising.

Edit:
I don't see why it's unhittable, maybe provide some more details about what you're capturing?

And dang, 40min for 1 month ._. *hugs my computer that spits even 3 keypress results in 10min max*
My best guess is that since NPCs call on the PID frame to see whether they move, something about frame 948 is making NPCs call on it then get a different result, causing two addition calls shortly after. So if I don't advance the frame at all, they call say twice loading in and twice while Sweet Scent'ing, advancing 4 frames. But if I advance to 948, they call twice while loading in, twice while Sweet Scent'ing, and then another two times while Sweet Scent'ing. Maybe to see which direction they're turning, and the first call was to see if they turned at all? I dunno. It's annoying, though. Hopefully Route 7 will work out better.

And the 40 minutes is probably an exaggeration. Sure felt like it, but it was probably less time. I was also searching both T0's, so that doubles the amount of time per month.

I notice if there are a lot of interfering NPCs, even if you hit the same timer0/seed, they can give you different results when you're chattering.

I notice if there are a lot of interfering NPCs, even if you hit the same timer0/seed, they can give you different results when you're chattering.
Mainly depends on how consistent you are at getting into your menu. If you are slow sometimes and fast others, it will skew the results a bunch.

Hey, so I am trying to get a shiny Kyurem. I managed to get a seed where it has 31 IVs in all stats except attack (which is still a respectable 26) and I can hit that seed fine, but then I'm also trying to go for a shiny. I don't care about the nature because I have a synchronizer. When I'm ready to fight Kyurem (aka standing right in front of him), my PID frame is 338. To get a shiny it says I need 692. I look at chatot 354 times and it doesn't work. I've managed to both hit the frame right before it and right after it, but not the frame I need. It acts like the shiny frame listed on the reporter doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong?

Hey, so I am trying to get a shiny Kyurem. I managed to get a seed where it has 31 IVs in all stats except attack (which is still a respectable 26) and I can hit that seed fine, but then I'm also trying to go for a shiny. I don't care about the nature because I have a synchronizer. When I'm ready to fight Kyurem (aka standing right in front of him), my PID frame is 338. To get a shiny it says I need 692. I look at chatot 354 times and it doesn't work. I've managed to both hit the frame right before it and right after it, but not the frame I need. It acts like the shiny frame listed on the reporter doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong?
You have the correct ID/SID in?
Did you make a custom chatter?
You're going to need to provide more details.

What is with that PID frame 338? You couldn't possibly start on it, so you'd have to have advanced it, but how?

You have the correct ID/SID in?
Did you make a custom chatter?
You're going to need to provide more details.

What is with that PID frame 338? You couldn't possibly start on it, so you'd have to have advanced it, but how?
I have the right ID and SID. I do use a custom chatter.
With the PID frame, no it didn't start there, but after making the necessary steps to advance the frame to where I need it to be, I did some testing by catching kyurem, recording its nature, reset, use chatter once, catch kyurem, check nature, reset, and repeat that process til I had 5 sequential natures, then I looked in the frame results for that group of 5.

I have the right ID and SID. I do use a custom chatter.
With the PID frame, no it didn't start there, but after making the necessary steps to advance the frame to where I need it to be, I did some testing by catching kyurem, recording its nature, reset, use chatter once, catch kyurem, check nature, reset, and repeat that process til I had 5 sequential natures, then I looked in the frame results for that group of 5.
Did you actually search with a sync nature set? Did you choose a sync nature in the main window and check to make sure frame 692 is shiny with a sync? Or did you just assume that because frame 692 is shiny without a sync it should be shiny with a sync? Synchronize/everstone does more than just changing the nature of a frame. Some frames are shifted up and some frames will no longer exist.

Did you actually search with a sync nature set? Did you choose a sync nature in the main window and check to make sure frame 692 is shiny with a sync? Or did you just assume that because frame 692 is shiny without a sync it should be shiny with a sync? Synchronize/everstone does more than just changing the nature of a frame. Some frames are shifted up and some frames will no longer exist.
While I plan to use a synchronizer, I have been doing some checking (aka fighting kyurem) BEFORE using my sync. (meaning I didn't have him in my 1st position) so I didn't bother checking the box. I just looked through the list until I found one with a "!!!"

This is false. In Gen5, all a Synch does is change the nature of the frame. Frames won't be shifted up or down without a synch; you can check in RNG reporter yourself, just gen a seed with a synch and without and everything is in the same order. The Everstone part IS true, but it does not apply to synchronizers.

What zxzxi is describing is fine, and honestly how you're supposed to do this kind of thing.

Edit to try and answer the original question: Are you walking to advance the IV frame? If so, you will need to walk in the same pattern every time, and even then it will be unreliable -- sometimes, it'll advance the PID frame by 1 whereas it usually advances it by 2. It could just be that; this is why we recommend target IV frames of 1 -- no walking necessary, just chatter up to your target PID frame and presto.

This is false. In Gen5, all a Synch does is change the nature of the frame. Frames won't be shifted up or down without a synch; you can check in RNG reporter yourself, just gen a seed with a synch and without and everything is in the same order. The Everstone part IS true, but it does not apply to synchronizers.

What zxzxi is describing is fine, and honestly how you're supposed to do this kind of thing.
Seems you're right. Synchronize doesn't shift the frames. Guess the mystery of the lost frame remains unsolved.

There aren't any NPCs in the cave so it can't be that.

so i got a seed for a hp ice snivy egg.. used it.. worked perfect, 134 chatters. so i decide.. well.. the eevees have the same male/female ratio, i'll do a jolteon too..

i put the eevees in the daycare, hatch an egg.. "jolly".. hmm.. well.. i guess i'll chatter 5 extra times just to see where im at. i chatter 5 extra times.. hatch.. "hardy" exactly where it should be.. 5 chatters above my shiny timid frame.

go for 134 chatters again.. jolly. done this shit about half a dozen times.

what gives.

Well, my best guess is that there is a Jolly frame on 174, which 134+43=174, I'm not seeing a hardy nature till 7 frame from 181. So I dunno maybe someone with more breeding experience can help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)