5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

BTW, about the above last statement, do we have to send the others to the deepest clearing? Because it is in the entrance that all pokes are first sent to.
Yes, you send all other Pokemon you aren't RNGing into the deepest clearing. Depending on how many Pokemon you have within Entralink at the time, you may be required to capture a few so that the rest can fit and/or moving the Pokemon you want to RNG into other clearings.

Hi, I'm new to this PKRNG thing. I was able to use the youtube videos online to learn the basics of PKRNG and was able to capture stationary pokemon. So now i'm trying to catch a perfect ditto so that i can breed perfect pokemon. The problem is that the only place I can catch ditto is the Giant Chasm which is always foggy and never clears up. Even if you de-fog. Is there any other way of getting a perfect ditto?

Hi, I'm new to this PKRNG thing. I was able to use the youtube videos online to learn the basics of PKRNG and was able to capture stationary pokemon. So now i'm trying to catch a perfect ditto so that i can breed perfect pokemon. The problem is that the only place I can catch ditto is the Giant Chasm which is always foggy and never clears up. Even if you de-fog. Is there any other way of getting a perfect ditto?
Third post within the first page of this thread tells you how to remove fog, sand, or snow.

Just started dabbling in C-Gear abuse (mostly Entralink) and was wondering if it is possible to abuse Wondercard Pokemon with the C-Gear. I didn't see much info regarding that. I also didn't see any C-Gear search options for Wondercard Pokes (unless gift qualifies).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just started dabbling in C-Gear abuse (mostly Entralink) and was wondering if it is possible to abuse Wondercard Pokemon with the C-Gear. I didn't see much info regarding that. I also didn't see any C-Gear search options for Wondercard Pokes (unless gift qualifies).
It's not at all possible, unfortunately.

It's not at all possible, unfortunately.
Hmm, kind of what I thought. Guess I will be using the Emulator for other C-Gear Abuse. My real copy of White will be for the Standard Seed abuse. Goodness knows, you guys were not kidding when you said the Timer0 fluctuated. I have no clue how somebody with an Emulator could do Standard Seed Abuse. Thanks for the fast reply, OD! You hard work is greatly appreciated. I need to donate as a way of thanks.

Hi, I just started RNGing and i thought I started on a stationary legendary. I am currently trying to catch a cobalion with good ivs but I can't seem to get it with the ivs I wanted. I keep catching the same cobalion with exact same ivs and nature everytime. Any idea what I'm doing wrongly here?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I just started RNGing and i thought I started on a stationary legendary. I am currently trying to catch a cobalion with good ivs but I can't seem to get it with the ivs I wanted. I keep catching the same cobalion with exact same ivs and nature everytime. Any idea what I'm doing wrongly here?
You're consistently hitting the same seed, but not the one you want. Most likely you're either off by a second or hitting the wrong Timer0. In Time Finder, right-click on your seed to generate adjacent seeds, then see if any of those match up with what you're getting.

I'm new to to this, and I'm having trouble figuring this out.

I have a 3DS with an English Pokémon White, trying to hatch a Shiny Eevee (only shiny, not even trying to get perfect IVs) but it won't seem to work. I'm thinking my DS parameters aren't being calibrated properly.

Can anyone help me out?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm new to to this, and I'm having trouble figuring this out.

I have a 3DS with an English Pokémon White, trying to hatch a Shiny Eevee (only shiny, not even trying to get perfect IVs) but it won't seem to work. I'm thinking my DS parameters aren't being calibrated properly.

Can anyone help me out?
timer0 or NPCs are screwing with you. Verify that you hit your seed, or recalibrate with the same keypress.

I'm having problems with RNG breeding, hopefully someone can help. Before I start, I've used this method successfully already, three times, with different pokemon, different spreads, and such. Now it's not working for some reason.

Parameters:

Time Finder

Main Window

The weird thing is, I get the desired IV spread, but the PID frame matches something upwards up 200.

Seed: F2DE54FC9982446E
Time: 02:42:15
Date: 11/14/2011
Keypresses: A + X + R

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The weird thing is, I get the desired IV spread, but the PID frame matches something upwards up 200.
And it would match what exactly? You haven't given us nearly enough info to identify the problem. What exactly do you keep getting that makes you think you have a PID in that range?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm gonna try to RNG thundurus and I was wondering if you could only do it when you first see it. Or iF like in gen 4, you can RNG it from the elite. 4?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I'm gonna try to RNG thundurus and I was wondering if you could only do it when you first see it. Or iF like in gen 4, you can RNG it from the elite. 4?
The Champion battle advances the RNG by a bunch of frames per second, so RNGing that way is basically impossible (might be possible on an emulator, I've never done emulator abuse). It's only practical to do when you first see it.

However, since you don't have to encounter it during the plot, you can put it off as long as you want.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
The Champion battle advances the RNG by a bunch of frames per second, so RNGing that way is basically impossible (might be possible on an emulator, I've never done emulator abuse). It's only practical to do when you first see it.

However, since you don't have to encounter it during the plot, you can put it off as long as you want.
Oh well! Might as well start a new file then!

Main question: How can I deduce my SID or what I need to find more shinies, and then apply it in RNG reporter to locate/breed more shinies?

Short details: Can't figure out PID or SID for a shiny pokemon. If you don't care what happened, skip the next 2 paragraphs and use the info I've provided to help me find my PID and SID!

Long story:
The other day I caught a shiny litwick and have been trying to figure out both the PID and SID of the said litwick so that I can RNG other shiny pokemon. At one point I thought it would be fun to use him in my team, so I made the mistake of training him and giving him EVs (which I messed up), so there were mixed EVs in each of his stats because I did it wrong.

Several months later, I have 26 of every EV reducing berry (from dream world) and was able to find out the EVs of my (now) Chandelure. So now I have my IVs! I thought that was great, but then I continued to the next step in the SID finding process, which is use the online PID generator on smogon to find out my PID. Much to my dismay, the PID generator only generated one PID and the information found does not match anything about my pokemon!

In short, I've wasted a ton of time trying to figure out my SID and I was hoping someone could help guide me to finding it out soon! I don't want to resort to AR codes, and I don't want to use something like pokecheck. Here are the stats for my Chandelure, please help!

Encountered at level 28.
Often dozes off.
IVs:
HP: 31
Atk: 14
Def: 16
SpAtk: 27
SpDef: 22
Spd: 12

Female
HP Type: Rock
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Flame body

Captured on 6/24/2011 (unsure if this was with or without C-gear) - would knowing if I had C Gear on or off matter at this point to find out my SID?

When I use the pid finder, it says that the ability is 0 (which is not flame body), and it also says that my litwick was caught using method 4. I didn't even know that was an option.

Can anyone tell me what's happened here, or where I can go from where I am to catching/hatching shinies in 5th gen? any help would be greatly appreciated

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
There is no relation between IVs and PID in Gen V, so there is no way to calculate your SID. You will need to use Pokécheck or trade a Pokémon to someone with an Action Replay to find it.

so basically having a shiny pokemon isn't going to help me RNG more shiny pokemon in any way. awesome... Ok, well once I use pokecheck to find out my SID or whatever, and I have that information, what's the best way to find seeds that will be shiny? Just check the only shiny frames box? Will I be able to tie this into breeding as well? I heard somewhere that egg breeding does something completely different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)