5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok im now going for a shiny egg (I ended up getting the shiny terrakion in the end. My timer0 is different than what was calculated) but im unsure on how the mechanics work
for eggs.

Im going to go for a frame of 61 but is that a PIDRIG frame or? and if not what do i set the gen 5 PIDRIG method too?

And this will hopefully be my last post in needing help, as i think i understand the mechanics of catching wild pokemon.

Ok im now going for a shiny egg (I ended up getting the shiny terrakion in the end. My timer0 is different than what was calculated) but im unsure on how the mechanics work
for eggs.

Im going to go for a frame of 61 but is that a PIDRIG frame or? and if not what do i set the gen 5 PIDRIG method too?

And this will hopefully be my last post in needing help, as i think i understand the mechanics of catching wild pokemon.
If you used the Shiny Egg tab in the 5th gen time finder, then yes, that's the PID frame. Set the method to Breeding (BW) (or breeding BW international if you're using a parent from a different language game).

Oh and moving npcs, how much do they effect the PDRIG, theres two moving pokemon in the daycare which will effect the value right?, therefore messing up my chances of hitting the right PIDRIG

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For breeding, moving NPCs advance the frame by about 4 (possibly a couple more or less). If you have a good ear, you can use Chatot pitches to tell exactly where you are. Otherwise, you just have to do an extra calibration run or hope to get lucky.

Oh and moving npcs, how much do they effect the PDRIG, theres two moving pokemon in the daycare which will effect the value right?, therefore messing up my chances of hitting the right PIDRIG
If anything moves in a consistent pattern, it does not affect the PIDRNG. Random movements do... the npc to the left of the daycare man is the only one of whom I can think.

^actually the one next to the day care is not the only one.there are few trainers on that route 3 which are npcs.like the one on the bridge there.etc.

@Inflim and even they are not on the screen they still advance the pid

RNG ver. 9.95 Beta
Target: Gift Zekrom from Nintendo Wi-Fi event
Target Seed: 8A30480D809603AB
Target Frame: 1
Held Key: Select
Method: Standard Abuse
MAC Address: 0023CCF538F8

I am currently unable to hit my IVs. Here is what I currently get:

Zekrom
Sassy
IVs: 04/17/29/27/05/09

Naive
IVs: 03/26/07/26/22/05

Note: I am making these attempts at Opelucid City's Pokemon Center where there are no moving NPCs. My timer0 for this seed and similar seeds but with frames greater than this remain the same.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized this was a Wondercard. Disregard.

RNG ver. 9.95 Beta
Target: Gift Zekrom from Nintendo Wi-Fi event
Target Seed: 8A30480D809603AB
Target Frame: 1
Held Key: Select
Method: Standard Abuse
MAC Address: 0023CCF538F8

I am currently unable to hit my IVs. Here is what I currently get:

Zekrom
Sassy
IVs: 04/17/29/27/05/09

Naive
IVs: 03/26/07/26/22/05

Note: I am making these attempts at Opelucid City's Pokemon Center where there are no moving NPCs. My timer0 for this seed and similar seeds but with frames greater than this remain the same.
The Naive with those IVs is what you should get when you get the correct Timer0 if you don't make any advancements. It is exactly what RNG Reporter says is on your starting PID frame. You have to advance to whatever your target frame is. Although scrolling down the list I don't see what IVs it is you're aiming for.

To see what I'm talking about, on the main window of RNG Reporter, select Wondercard (5th Gen) for method, enter your seed, click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame, click generate. You'll notice that Frame 46 is what you're getting.

Edit: I see what your problem is. That seed is for IVs of Wild Pokemon. You need another seed that is specifically for Wondercard.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
^ It says his target frame is 1, which is hexflawless on the IV frame.
@Denjin: the problem is that you generated a standard seed, not a Wondercard seed.

In regards to Wondercard RNG, if the time finder has min/max advances, does it mean min/max frame? My time finder is searching and found a seed on frame 103 when I set the min/max to 55-60.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Min Max advancements refers to minimum and maximum amount of frame advancements you desire to do. Remember that wondercards are controlled by the PIDRNG you even if the number sounds high is not really that bad. Copy the seed into the main window and find the initial PIDRNG and subtract that from your target frame to see the amount of chattots flip you would have to do.

For example: Your target frame is 103 and your initial PIDRNG is 50, you would subtract that [103-50=53] meaning you only need to see the profile of a chatot with a customized chatter 53 times if you're in a pokemon center with no WNPCs like the pokemon League one.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a Chatot, so I had to settle for saving the game 8 times. I was able to find a seed on frame 58. Oddly enough I had to save 9 times, which probably meant my starting frame was 49. In any case, I'm now the proud owner of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Zekrom!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The frame 50 was "for example." The starting frame depends on the seed and can be anything from about 40-55. To find out exactly what it is, you paste the seed into the main window of RNG Reporter and click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame."

I found some bugs in 9.95:

• Time Finder: 4th generation Method 1 spread search doesn't work. I tried to RNG a Cresselia with this Method, and I had to resort to PokéRNG to find a valid spread. The same with Manaphy egg.
  • Time Finder: Gender Filter in 4th generation shiny egg doesn't work too.
  • First Post of this thread: RNG Reporter Download redirects to 9.94 version, instead of 9.95.

Okay, I'm after a bit of help with hatching perfect IVs when it comes to the abuse. If somebody could either PM me, or talk me through it on here, that'd be absolutely brilliant as it's doing my nut in at the moment.

Right, I'm breeding for Lotad (nice and easy whilst I get to grips with RNGing Eggs) but I'm having literally no luck. I can RNG flawless wild Pokémon with literally no problems, but of course the next step is Eggs. I've got my two parents, a male Ludicolo - 23/7/31/31/13/31 - and a Ditto - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - which I'm after a Modest Swift Swim offspring. My MAC address is 001BEA6F1765, I'm hitting timer C7F_ for my wild spreads, so I've kept it like so. I'm not using an Everstone in the hope it'd allow me to find my starting spread a lot better, which it did (RNG reporter told me that it would start on 48, but I found that I was hitting 50 by the time I could bash the A button). I hatched 10 eggs in calibration, 7 of them were Bold, 50, 1 Adamant, 51, and 2 Hardy, 49.

I've got my seed, A2CC1A52CA1C5162, of which you'll see frame 70 is the one I'm aiming for (F/0). So, I load up my game, do the business, but when it comes to hatching eggs, I'm getting nowhere near. I'm using the Chatot cries to advance my frames, so I did it 19 times in the belief I'd find one frame advancement from the NPC would occur between my menu closing and me hitting A. However, nothing is.. consistent.

The last.. 4 eggs I've hatched have been Bold (M/0), Hasty (M/0) Impish (F/0) and Relaxed (M/0). But, they're nowhere near each other and yet I'm doing it with, at least I think, the same consistency with timing etc.

Is there something blatantly obvious I'm missing, or is it trial and error with this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I found some bugs in 9.95:

• Time Finder: 4th generation Method 1 spread search doesn't work. I tried to RNG a Cresselia with this Method, and I had to resort to PokéRNG to find a valid spread. The same with Manaphy egg.
I tried a few spreads and it works perfectly for me. What spread were you searching for then?

• Time Finder: Gender Filter in 4th generation shiny egg doesn't work too.
  • First Post of this thread: RNG Reporter Download redirects to 9.94 version, instead of 9.95.
Noted and fixed.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Okay, I'm after a bit of help with hatching perfect IVs when it comes to the abuse. If somebody could either PM me, or talk me through it on here, that'd be absolutely brilliant as it's doing my nut in at the moment.

Right, I'm breeding for Lotad (nice and easy whilst I get to grips with RNGing Eggs) but I'm having literally no luck. I can RNG flawless wild Pokémon with literally no problems, but of course the next step is Eggs. I've got my two parents, a male Ludicolo - 23/7/31/31/13/31 - and a Ditto - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - which I'm after a Modest Swift Swim offspring. My MAC address is 001BEA6F1765, I'm hitting timer C7F_ for my wild spreads, so I've kept it like so. I'm not using an Everstone in the hope it'd allow me to find my starting spread a lot better, which it did (RNG reporter told me that it would start on 48, but I found that I was hitting 50 by the time I could bash the A button). I hatched 10 eggs in calibration, 7 of them were Bold, 50, 1 Adamant, 51, and 2 Hardy, 49.

I've got my seed, A2CC1A52CA1C5162, of which you'll see frame 70 is the one I'm aiming for (F/0). So, I load up my game, do the business, but when it comes to hatching eggs, I'm getting nowhere near. I'm using the Chatot cries to advance my frames, so I did it 19 times in the belief I'd find one frame advancement from the NPC would occur between my menu closing and me hitting A. However, nothing is.. consistent.

The last.. 4 eggs I've hatched have been Bold (M/0), Hasty (M/0) Impish (F/0) and Relaxed (M/0). But, they're nowhere near each other and yet I'm doing it with, at least I think, the same consistency with timing etc.

Is there something blatantly obvious I'm missing, or is it trial and error with this?
It's possible that you're just getting unlucky and missing the seed some of the time. After you receive the egg, fly to somewhere where you can immediately capture a Pokémon (the entrance to Victory Road is a good place), catch something, and compare it to IV frames 14-20 on your seed. That will tell you if it's just Timer0 trolling or some other problem.

If you have a good ear, the best option is to listen to the Chatot pitches and see if the pattern matches up with the frames. That will tell you not only if you hit your seed, but also how many frames the NPCs advanced it, similar to 4th gen seed verification if you're familiar with that. Just make sure you stop on the pitch one frame before your target (the first time I tried using Chatot pitches, I advanced 200ish frames only to realize I hadn't taken this into account and overshot my target by one).

It's possible that you're just getting unlucky and missing the seed some of the time. After you receive the egg, fly to somewhere where you can immediately capture a Pokémon (the entrance to Victory Road is a good place), catch something, and compare it to IV frames 14-20 on your seed. That will tell you if it's just Timer0 trolling or some other problem.

If you have a good ear, the best option is to listen to the Chatot pitches and see if the pattern matches up with the frames. That will tell you not only if you hit your seed, but also how many frames the NPCs advanced it, similar to 4th gen seed verification if you're familiar with that. Just make sure you stop on the pitch one frame before your target (the first time I tried using Chatot pitches, I advanced 200ish frames only to realize I hadn't taken this into account and overshot my target by one).
When you say "Frames 14-20", do you mean after my Egg, or before them?

I don't have a good ear I'm afraid.. =/

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
After the egg. The egg is generated starting on frame 8 and takes 6 frames, so it'll be on 14 after you receive it, and possibly up to 20 if you trip the step counter while walking into the cave.

I'm breeding a porygon for iv's and shiny. I know the exact iv's of the ditto parent, but I do not know the exact iv of the speed stat of the porygon parent. Does it really matter?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
It should be fine. Leave that field blank in RNG Reporter, and it should only give you frames that don't inherit the father's Speed.

After the egg. The egg is generated starting on frame 8 and takes 6 frames, so it'll be on 14 after you receive it, and possibly up to 20 if you trip the step counter while walking into the cave.
Brilliant, thank you very much for your help. I was going to keep trying, but then I thought I'd try and catch something as you said and noticed straight away it was a million miles off. So I went back to basics trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and it hit me like a ton of bricks; Chatot loses it cry if you box it. (Idk if it does, I just know that it didn't have a recorded saying)

.. and idiot here hadn't rerecorded a new saying. Gah.

But, because I spotted that, in my next 6 eggs I hit frames 69, 73, 74, 74 and 70 (:D) which means I'm the new proud owner of a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Swift Swim Lotad. Thank you very, very much. Even if it didn't feel like much, it's given me new hope and determination to keep going, and ultimately get the result I wanted.

Next stops, Prankster Sableye, Magic Bounce Espeon and Ferrothorn I think..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)