5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm going for a Shiny Jolly Terrakion, and I hit my seed but it wasn't Shiny. It had a Quiet Nature but the right IVs. My shiny frame is 82, and my regular frame is 4. I think I missed the shiny frame a bit, but is there anything else that could have gone wrong? I also hit a Hasty nature, and Jolly nature on two other attempts but neither were shiny. What is going wrong?
EDIT: I didn't abuse for my ID/SID, I used an AR code to find my SID. I did a search under standard to see if I could find anything.

When searching for Shiny egg seeds in PPRNG 1.11.1 using Ditto, which gender slot do you fill in for Ditto's IV's? Is it just the opposite of whatever species being bred for? I have a flawless Ditto, and a Female Shroomish (27/28/05/30/12/03) and I want to breed a shiny flawless Shroomish.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm going for a Shiny Jolly Terrakion, and I hit my seed but it wasn't Shiny. It had a Quiet Nature but the right IVs. My shiny frame is 82, and my regular frame is 4. I think I missed the shiny frame a bit, but is there anything else that could have gone wrong? I also hit a Hasty nature, and Jolly nature on two other attempts but neither were shiny. What is going wrong?
Everytime you waln in an area with wild pokemon the PID frame advances by two. You need to walk 128 steps to get to your IVs frame. The lowest possible PID frame you can hit is 256, oh and turning also advances the frame so you're probably hitting a much higher frame.

^if the mother slot is already taken then ditto can only take the dad's slot.

Everytime you waln in an area with wild pokemon the PID frame advances by two. You need to walk 128 steps to get to your IVs frame. The lowest possible PID frame you can hit is 256, oh and turning also advances the frame so you're probably hitting a much higher frame.

^if the mother slot is already taken then ditto can only take the dad's slot.
So I'm hitting frame 256 and not 82 then? Guess I'll for another seed then.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
256 plus your starting frame plus a few miscellanous other advancements, actually. I recommend using only IV frame 1 if at all possible, it makes life so much easier.

Is there any way we can have non-stationary Pokemon's methods listed in one of the posts? Still confused on this Wondercard/GLAN Wondercard stuff.

Also asking, Zorua in-game is Wondercard Method, right?

-James

Is there any way we can have non-stationary Pokemon's methods listed in one of the posts? Still confused on this Wondercard/GLAN Wondercard stuff.

-James
I think in-game Zorua is created by gift method since it's not from Nintendo event. Not sure tho.

GLAN means Gender Locked Any Nature and it's for pokémon like Thundurus/Tornadus/Cresselia or such pokémon that can be only male or female

-James
GLAN = Gender Locked Any Nature. It applies to any wondercard Pokemon that will always be the same gender when it's downloaded, unless that Pokemon is genderless/already has a fixed gender. For example, the Thundurus/Tornadus WCs are not GLAN because they are 100% male. However, if there was a Scraggy WC that was always male when you downloaded it, it would be GLAN because Scraggy normally has a chance to be female. I hope this makes sense.

Why would it be a Wondercard? You didn't download a Wondercard over WiF in order to receive it, so it's not Wondercard. It's a gift Pokemon. :p

Edit@ Zelen, GLAN is not when there's a WC that gives a fixed gender Pokemon. GLAN is when Nintendo or whoever gives out these events gives out a Pokemon that can be male or female normally, but they fix it so the event will only be one of those genders when downloaded.

GLAN = Gender Locked Any Nature. It applies to any wondercard Pokemon that will always be the same gender when it's downloaded, unless that Pokemon is genderless/already has a fixed gender. For example, the Thundurus/Tornadus WCs are not GLAN because they are 100% male. However, if there was a Scraggy WC that was always male when you downloaded it, it would be GLAN because Scraggy normally has a chance to be female. I hope this makes sense.

Why would it be a Wondercard? You didn't download a Wondercard over WiF in order to receive it, so it's not Wondercard. It's a gift Pokemon. :p
There was the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HG/SS that was Wondercard Method. So I'm just double-checking. ;-P

-James

There was the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HG/SS that was Wondercard Method. So I'm just double-checking. ;-P

-James
Oh, I remember that. But that was the Pichu that was the wondercard, not the Zorua. So just remember this if you have any future questions about methods c:

Is it possible to change the nature of Wondercard Pokemon, or do I have to just search seeds until I find the right nature/IV spread, etc.? There seems to be little documentation of the process except to go to Victory Road.

-James

Is it possible to change the nature of Wondercard Pokemon, or do I have to just search seeds until I find the right nature/IV spread, etc.? There seems to be little documentation of the process except to go to Victory Road.

-James
You search for a seed with the nature you want by using the Time Finder. If you didn't read this guide yet, I think it will help!

Edit: Actually no, don't read that guide. It's kind of outdated and confusing. Just ask questions here :x

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Nature and IVs are both tied to the PID frame (Wonder Cards don't use the regular IV RNG at all), so you just have to keep searching until you find a frame that has everything you want.

Also, I'm not sure how Victory Road ties into it at all, unless the guide was trying to say that you should do it in the Pokémon League Pokémon Center where there are no NPCs.

I'm using PPRNG to find a seed that will allow me to hatch a shiny physical flawless Shroomish with a careful nature. I am using a Ditto that I RNG myself (31/31/31/10/31/31), and a serious Shroomish from my Emerald cart (27/28/05/30/12/03). After I make a selection from the list of potential seeds, the standard inspector opens and I select the Ditto box and hit generate. When I do this the nature that I want no longer appears as shiny. I am unsure what I should be doing from here, please help. I have tried to be detailed but I can give more info as needed.

EDIT: It seems to shift the shiny frames up by one when I select Ditto, but if I do not they stay the same.

Nature and IVs are both tied to the PID frame (Wonder Cards don't use the regular IV RNG at all), so you just have to keep searching until you find a frame that has everything you want.

Also, I'm not sure how Victory Road ties into it at all, unless the guide was trying to say that you should do it in the Pokémon League Pokémon Center where there are no NPCs.
Yeah, that's what was said. Do it there to avoid wandering NPC's the best you can.

Questions about Lostlorn Forest:

1. When out of the grass does it count as an area with or without wild Pokemon?
2. How much does the IV seed advance when you take the 1 step forward to get Zoroark?

-James

Yeah, that's what was said. Do it there to avoid wandering NPC's the best you can.

Questions about Lostlorn Forest:

2. How much does the IV seed advance when you take the 1 step forward to get Zoroark?

-James
1. No, you have to be in the grass for the PID frame to advance.

2. It shouldn't advance at all unless the step counter is at 127 steps. If it's an autowalk step, then I don't think it would count towards the step counter. But I'm not completely sure about autowalks. To put it simply, the IV frame will most likely not advance at all.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Like PoJ said, it doesn't count unless you're actually in the grass. However, if there is grass or water in the area it will still advance a couple frames every 20 steps when the RNG checks for shaking patches, so your starting frame will still be shifted slightly.

I do check it upon my initial search, but I thought that after you choose a seed you have to verify it in the seed inspector, which is what I am doing. I am using ReligiousJedi's youtube tutorial as a guide (if that helps). So do I not need to check that box again in the inspector?
You need to check it in the inspector and the seed search. If you checked it in the search, then your wanted nature should appear shiny in the inspector.

Got Zorua and Zoroark. Thanks.

Being without my SID sucks though (no naturally caught Shinies yet). Really would like to RNG the Volcarona and Victini for Shinies.

Now to search a year and a half of dates for Wonder Cards. :(

-James

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Got Zorua and Zoroark. Thanks.

Being without my SID sucks though (no naturally caught Shinies yet). Really would like to RNG the Volcarona and Victini for Shinies.

Now to search a year and a half of dates for Wonder Cards. :(

-James
you can't get a shiny victini. Use pokecheck to see your SID, capturing one will not work either way as the IVs are not related to the PID, or something along those lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)