5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I downloaded the new version found a seed, and tried it. It wasn't what I was looking for, I clicked on generate adjacent seeds, and the results were suprising, I didn't match anything, however the hp and attack were what the hp and attack should be, if I entered the game 1 second early. Why only these two numbers? Is this the work of the dreaded timer0? (Seriously what exactly is timer0 anyhow? If nothing is random, then there must be a way around it. Or is it an actual timer built into the game cart, that we can't see, the rng partially relies on, and we can't time it, by setting the date, we have to physicallytime it, but that'd be immpossible since we can't see it?) If I need to provide additonal information, I'd be happy to oblige, just ask.

Edit: I've done it >four times now, but I don't even have any consitencey. Adjacent seed tool doesn't find anything even if I expand the frame to 5 (I don't need to expnd the seconds, I'm not incompetent at timing.) My Timer0 is 1123 if that matters...

Edit 2: I even tried a few times with Zekrom, and got nothing.

I'm trying to get a flawless Larvesta egg, but I can't get it to have the right IVs. Below is the seed, date and keypresses from Time Finder.

RNG Reporter 9.95 told me my starting frame was 49 and my target was 60. I set the date, pressed the keys and before talking to the girl I heard Chatot to get to frame 59. Then I talked to the woman and received the egg. I hatched the egg and gave it rare candies to check IVs, which are 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 3. It's Modest and female, so I did hit the PIDRNG frame. But why are the IVs wrong?

Here are my DS parameters:
DS MAC Address: 0019FD605263
Version: Black Version (English)
DS Type: DS Original\Lite
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
GxStat: 6
Timer0 Min: C7C
Timer0 Max: C7C

guys, for white 2 I let the computer on all night to search for the parameters with these ranges:

seconds: 1 - 40 (just to be sure. also yes, I started the game at the first second of the minute)
vcount: 0 - FF
timer0: 0 - 1400
gxstat: 0 - FF
vframe: 0 - FF

the search isn't finished yet, and it found 20 results. they are all wrong. all the vcounts, timer0s and seeds are different from the ones the codes told me, and the "actual seconds" of most of them are way too high.

the codes told me this:
vcount: 64
timer0: D15
first half of the seed: 686CB150

I use a DS Lite and RNG reporter 9.96 alpha 12 (I downloaded the 13 a while ago).
I really don't know what to think. I'm 100% sure the IVs are right, I input everything correctly...

help.

p.s. in all the results that the program found, the GxStat is always 0 or FF. is this normal??
also the vcount that the code tells me changes almost at every try. shouldn't it be static?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
In RNG Reporter 9.95 the check box for "Dream world egg only" in Breeding (BW) is to specify inheritance of dream world abilities, correct?
Yes. Note that even if you don't have it checked RNG reporter will still list if DW ability passes on or not. If you don't have a female DW ability parent ignore it.

I'm trying to get a flawless Larvesta egg, but I can't get it to have the right IVs. Below is the seed, date and keypresses from Time Finder.

RNG Reporter 9.95 told me my starting frame was 49 and my target was 60. I set the date, pressed the keys and before talking to the girl I heard Chatot to get to frame 59. Then I talked to the woman and received the egg. I hatched the egg and gave it rare candies to check IVs, which are 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 3. It's Modest and female, so I did hit the PIDRNG frame. But why are the IVs wrong?

Here are my DS parameters:
DS MAC Address: 0019FD605263
Version: Black Version (English)
DS Type: DS Original\Lite
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
GxStat: 6
Timer0 Min: C7C
Timer0 Max: C7C
Did you have a parent with a 3 IV and you had an inheritance you looked at as incorrectly? That happened to me one time and I got a 30 in speed on a Tyranitar.

-James

Your Honor, there is a glaring contradiction in this photo!

Any explanation? I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 13. Btw does stationary Zekrom somehow advance the frame, or is he possible to get on frame 1?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's a display error. Slashmolder doesn't really use the Adjacent seed function so he hasn't updated it yet. The first two IVRNG frames are chewed up by some other function so that 26 and 3 are lost. Technically the hex-31 spread is on frame 3 as well but for the purposes of most people it's frame 1.

That's a display error. Slashmolder doesn't really use the Adjacent seed function so he hasn't updated it yet. The first two IVRNG frames are chewed up by some other function so that 26 and 3 are lost. Technically the hex-31 spread is on frame 3 as well but for the purposes of most people it's frame 1.
Er... Are you saying that time finder is correct, and the adjacent seed tool is wrong?
! You're the person I was talking to on irc, I managed to get many perfect wondercards, thank you.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The adjacent seed tool is correct for the seed but it displays the first two IVs that get skipped by the game.

And you're welcome.

I'm trying to capture a Jolly flawless Zekrom in retail Japanese Pokémon Black 2. I'm using rng reporter 9.96 Alpha 13. I'm using a Ds Lite, MAC address 1BEA8965D0. My seed is 5/20/12 15:26:20 Frame 1 (Timer0 1123). I instead got a Jolly Zekrom IV's 19 / 13 - 14 / 10 - 11 / 16 - 17 / 13 - 14 / 18. I checked, and expanded the adjacent seed tool, and was unable to find anything. Before you ask, C-gear is off.

Edit: I'm using a Jolly synchronizer, and no keypresses, and I'm certain I didn't accidentally press any buttons.

Edit 2 : I tried it again with 2 Chatot advances, and found nothing of interest.

Edit 3: I fail to recieve any consitency.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Out of curiosity how many Timer0s is the Adjacent tool displaying? If it only displays two of them then... well you would be missing the other ones.

Out of curiosity how many Timer0s is the Adjacent tool displaying? If it only displays two of them then... well you would be missing the other ones.
*Miles Edgeworth head tap* Tch, if I may again direct your attention to this picture
you will see, that there are indeed three timer0's! 1122, 1123, and 1124.

....... So, what does that mean? I don't fully comprehend the true terror that I will presumably be facing. 1/3 chance actually sounds kind of good, but I've tried much more than 3 times. On Black and White to hit my seed, I have to press the button a second early, is it like that on Black 2 as well? What is my next course of action? Do I need to input something into rng reporter? Do I need to try hitting the second at different points so I can get the timer0 I want?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
What he means is that in B2/W2 its extremely likely that you'll hit many more than 2 Timer0s. In B/W, at least in my experience, I had a "better than 50% chance" of hitting the same Timer0. And if I missed it, it was almost literally always only one adjacent Timer0. In B2/W2, as I found out in that post, I hit 6 different Timer0s all in the same area. The adjacent seeds tool there only displays your target Timer0 and the Timer0 below it and above it. Its very likely that you're hitting 2 or 3 or 5 or who knows how many Timer0s above or below your target Timer0, which wouldn't show up on that list in adjacent seeds finder.

Really though, you just have to do a little more calibration and work just a little harder at being consistent in B2/W2 than we had to in B/W. Lol, I used to freaking RNG without the reporter on my lunch break at work with the date/time/buttonpresses/advancements scribbled down on a piece of paper. Its still easier than gen4/3/etc, but just not as easy, or I should say "consistent" as B/W.

After doing those calibration captures and focusing on booting my game consistently (just off the DS clock itself, no timer) I hit my ID/SID seed (and frame lol) on the very first try. I'm about to start trying to hit my IV frame for my starter and figuring out how long to pause before picking it up to make it modest/shiny. You really can do it, just work at being as consistent as possible.

What he means is that in B2/W2 its extremely likely that you'll hit many more than 2 Timer0s. In B/W, at least in my experience, I had a "better than 50% chance" of hitting the same Timer0. And if I missed it, it was almost literally always only one adjacent Timer0. In B2/W2, as I found out in that post, I hit 6 different Timer0s all in the same area. The adjacent seeds tool there only displays your target Timer0 and the Timer0 below it and above it. Its very likely that you're hitting 2 or 3 or 5 or who knows how many Timer0s above or below your target Timer0, which wouldn't show up on that list in adjacent seeds finder.

Really though, you just have to do a little more calibration and work just a little harder at being consistent in B2/W2 than we had to in B/W. Lol, I used to freaking RNG without the reporter on my lunch break at work with the date/time/buttonpresses/advancements scribbled down on a piece of paper. Its still easier than gen4/3/etc, but just not as easy, or I should say "consistent" as B/W.

After doing those calibration captures and focusing on booting my game consistently (just off the DS clock itself, no timer) I hit my ID/SID seed (and frame lol) on the very first try. I'm about to start trying to hit my IV frame for my starter and figuring out how long to pause before picking it up to make it modest/shiny. You really can do it, just work at being as consistent as possible.
I don't want consitency, because I'm consitently wrong here's the results of my last tries.

Edit: Timer0 I'm doing parameter searches to find the timer0's
first Calibrated timer0 1123
Target May 20th 2012 15:26:20 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timer0 1123

(estimation of the second)
Mid-end 19th (Gentle) : 2 / 3 - 4 / 10 - 12 / 5 / 30 - 31 / 22 Timer0 1105 Actual Seconds 21
Start 19th (Jolly) : 19 / 8 / 26 - 27 / 20 - 21 / 13 - 14 / 16 – 17 Timer0 1106 Actual Seconds 20
Start 20th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 – 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21
Mid-end 19th (Gentle) : 2 / 3 - 4 / 10 - 12 / 5 / 30 - 31 / 22 Timer0 1105 Actual Seconds 21
Mid-end 20th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 – 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21
End 20th (Bold) : 16 - 17 / 26 - 27 / 3 - 4 / 3 - 4 / 15 / 9 Timer0 1106 Actual Seconds 22
(Still don't even have anything that matches the speed iv in adjacent seed tool.)
Start 19th (Jolly) : 19 / 13 - 14 / 10 - 11 / 16 - 17 / 28 / 18 Actual seconds 20 Timer0 1103
End 19th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 – 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21 (Must of waited too long, maybe those mid-ends are really ends.)
Mid-Start 21st (Hasty) : 8 / 6 - 7 / 3 - 4 / 6 - 7 / 29 / 16 – 17 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 22
Nothing is even close to what the adjacent seed tool says.
Mid 19th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 - 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21
... This doesn't look good. These Timer0's are completely different from my calibrated timer0. Does that mean they change witht he date, ugh that means it will be very difficult when searching over long time periods. I hope I at least helped with the research process by recording this.

On the side I'm also trying to breed in Pokémon White. I found something on frame 92, but I don't know how to find out my starting frame. I set rng reporter with a maximum of 55 advances... Does breeding you the PIDRNG like wondercards? If so then that means I do 46 advances, and must of miscounted or missed timer0.

On the side I'm also trying to breed in Pokémon White. I found something on frame 92, but I don't know how to find out my starting frame. I set rng reporter with a maximum of 55 advances... Does breeding you the PIDRNG like wondercards? If so then that means I do 46 advances, and must of miscounted or missed timer0.
For your starting frame, just do some test runs with some eggs. Hatch them and see what frame you got to see what frame you actually end up having to start from (the teacher can advance it slightly). Breeding does use the PIDRNG, but for the method you should be using "Breeding (BW)" (assuming ofcourse you're using 9.95, I've not seen any of the 9.96 ones yet, don't know if it's different in them >.>). Just make sure you push the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button and you're set :D

For your starting frame, just do some test runs with some eggs. Hatch them and see what frame you got to see what frame you actually end up having to start from (the teacher can advance it slightly). Breeding does use the PIDRNG, but for the method you should be using "Breeding (BW)" (assuming ofcourse you're using 9.95, I've not seen any of the 9.96 ones yet, don't know if it's different in them >.>). Just make sure you push the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button and you're set :D
I did choose breeding bw, and clicked on Calculate Initial Pidrng frame. If I do that though, then why do I need to check my initial frame by hatching? I'll just go ahead, and try again.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
What you'll be finding is the shifted starting frame, as to know how many advances you need to know, first you need to know how many frames will NPCs advance for you, something that the reporter can't do for you.

Does anyone have any information regarding RNG Abuse on flash carts? Specifically, Acekard2i or Edge?

I can't seem to calibrate my DSlite running Pokemon White from a flash cart at all. I have tried booting White from AKAIO on my Acekard 2i at the target second and have also tried soft resetting.
Neither of these methods have worked for me, every search turned up with zero results. (Via RNG Reporter 9.95) I have tried both of these methods over and over and at different times and with increased value ranges.
After much Googling and lurking I am truly stumped. I'm going to try doing this on an emulator now, but even if it were to work I'd much rather be able to get it working on my DS.
Could anyone help me out with this? I really want to resolve this issue. Sorry to be a bother.

Edit: This is my first post on this forum so I apologise if I am breaking any rules or have posted in the wrong section/thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)