5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It's the same as doing eggs via non c-gear. Only difference is that you have to rely on luck since you can't exactly control the PID frame.

Search c-gear, gift, frame 8. Let's say you wanted a 31/31/31/x/31/31 sand rush drilbur. You would search for that on frame 8 via c-gear method and gift encounter type. Both parents would have to have 31/31/31/x/31/31 then you would RNG like you normally do for anything else. Hit your delay, get egg, the egg is guaranteed to have the correct spread. Everstone gives you a 50% probability of getting correct nature and you have a 50% probability of getting the correct ability. So on average that's about 4 eggs to get what you want. Not quite as easy as non c-gear but it works.
So what do I set my Min Max Frames an MIN MAX delays in the Time finder and the Min Max Frames in the Seed to Time/ Adjacent Finder ?
I also imported my ID and SID entered along with shiny results checked does this matter at all? Do I save in front of the man with the egg ready for delivery and since there are wondering NPC's should I pick up the egg without advancing Frames myself?

So what do I set my Min Max Frames an MIN MAX delays in the Time finder and the Min Max Frames in the Seed to Time/ Adjacent Finder ?
I also imported my ID and SID entered along with shiny results checked does this matter at all?
Yes. Min/Max frame is 8/8 (or higher). You could set max frame higher than 8 if you're doing c-gear since you're not trying to control the PIDRNG anyways but 8 allows you grab the egg immediately without doing any IVRNG advancement.
You don't need your ID/SID because you can't control the PIDRNG to get shinies.

Yes. Min/Max frame is 8/8 (or higher). You could set max frame higher than 8 if you're doing c-gear since you're not trying to control the PIDRNG anyways but 8 allows you grab the egg immediately without doing any IVRNG advancement.
You don't need your ID/SID because you can't control the PIDRNG to get shinies.
You've been a big help thank you. I don't have time to try it out now But I will later on to see if I can do it.

When RNGing for a roamer, assuming that my button-mashing through the cutscene is relatively consistent for most/all of my attempts, about how many tries do you think it would take me to get the same number of advances? If I use the Master Ball and find out I got the right nature, I'd like to hit that same PIDRNG frame again so I can get it in a Premier Ball, but if it's going to take a lot of tries, I'll probably just save after getting it with the Master Ball.
I think the difficult part is finding the right nature. I just hit the correct PID frame two times in a row (and now have my HP Ice 70 Timid Thundurus caught in a Quick Ball), and have had extremely consistent results every other time I try any sort of PID advancements. If you're as consistent as I am, you shouldn't have any problem... once you find the correct frame, that is.

---

So, that said, does anybody have any (more) advice on finding the starting PID frame for the roamers? Nothing else I've read has helped that much, and I keep getting really weird results, with things like duplicate natures/characterstics on adjacent frames or on every other frame.

Examples:

Format: PID advancements | nature, characteristic

Seed: 47C29B10B664A32A

00 | calm, somewhat vain
01 | quiet, somewhat vain
02 | modest, alert to sounds
03 | impish, somewhat vain
04 | quiet, somewhat vain
05 | hardy, mischievous
06 | bashful, alert to sounds
07 | hardy, mischievous
08 | quiet, somewhat vain
09 | hardy, mischievous
10 | bashful, alert to sounds
11 | hardy, mischievous
12 | bashful, alert to sounds
13 | careful, alert to sounds
14 | naughty, somewhat vain
15 | hardy, alert to sounds
16 | modest, alert to sounds
17 | mild, somewhat vain
18 | docile, alert to sounds
19 | mild, somewhat vain
20 | bashful, alert to sounds
21 | naughty, somewhat vain

Seed: 018D95DC7DC5B844

00 | Rash, Alert to sounds
01 | Rash, Alert to sounds
02 | Rash, Alert to sounds
03 | Bold, Alert to sounds
04 | Jolly, Alert to sounds
05 | Hardy, Mischievous
06 | Jolly, Alert to sounds
07 | Hardy, Mischievous
08 | Jolly, Alert to sounds
09 | Hardy, Mischievous
10 | Careful, Mischievous
11 | Careful, Mischievous
12 | Timid, Alert to sounds

I can't figure how to find the starting frame from the data, and the PID%6 method doesn't help very much to narrow anything down. Maybe it would with more matching IVs, but I only had 3 matching (special attack, special defense, speed).

Now, I won't say I tested all of those results multiple times, but most of them were tested at least twice and I still got the same thing. With my results being so consistent (and me getting more and more frustrated), I didn't think it was worth testing any further than I did.

So, if anybody has any sort of advice, I'd really love to hear it. I don't want to have to do this again, going through every PID frame until I get the right nature. And, of course, it makes trying for a shiny even more difficult. IF I even want to try for one in the future...

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PID%6 and Natures are the only way you can check.

Hm, I wonder if immediately capturing a Pokemon right after the event and then doing PID%6/Nature frame deduction would help. The rain would have to stop of course, but after a few attempts you should get a better idea where you hit.

Didn't think of it when I did mine, but I had other methods of checking what I hit (save files for PID finding and save-rerolling).

Duplicates aren't weird for the roamers. It's probably exactly the same frame again. While you can hit the same frame consistently the frames don't quite advance consistently. For example I would do 100 frame advancements and only end up 96 frames higher. I figured it had something to do with the NPCs on that route 'cause there's NPC advancement when you exit the house and for a split second after you talk to the roamer though they're frozen for the rest of it.

And if you can't figure it out with the PID%6 method then obviously you're doing something wrong. Your nature appears about 3-4 times for every 100 frames. So lets say you're checking a range of 400 frames. That's about 16 frames to check to see if they have a matching characteristic. It really shouldn't take you a long time to do that if you have a calculator in front of you and out of those 16 you'll find only 1-3 that are a match. Then you just do +5 frame advancements catch the roamer again and check via PID%6 again. Obviously you'd expect the second matching frame to be very close to the first matching frame and that's how you check to know if you've got the correct starting frame.
I think the problem is that people are trying to find some sort of nature sequence for the roamers when you don't need an exact sequence of natures to find your start and you probably won't find a nature sequence because it's not like the frames always advance consistently with the roamers.
For example if you're looking for this in RNG reporter:
00 | Rash, Alert to sounds
01 | Rash, Alert to sounds
02 | Rash, Alert to sounds
Obviously you're not going to find that sequence because they're all the same frame and not actually 3 separate frames.

I'm trying to RNG Cobalion, and I have a few questions:

1. How is the seed changed (i.e. stuff like saving, encounters, etc.)

2. In the time finder results, do you have to find the exact same seed as your initial one for it to work? (Mine was EA9DE0C6D3DB4C90, which turned up no good results)

3. What does Timer0 do, and what would something like "C7F" mean?

EDIT: This is NON CGear.

I'm trying to RNG Cobalion, and I have a few questions:

1. How is the seed changed (i.e. stuff like saving, encounters, etc.)

2. In the time finder results, do you have to find the exact same seed as your initial one for it to work? (Mine was EA9DE0C6D3DB4C90, which turned up no good results)

3. What does Timer0 do, and what would something like "C7F" mean?

EDIT: This is NON CGear.

Bearsfan's Videos explain all of this pretty much.
But essentially the IV frame and nature/shiny frame are different from each other this gen. Saving advances the PID RNG(nature/shiny/encounter slot) by 1, as does a recorded chatter call from a chatot. Steps and turns also change the PID Rng but are not consistent. IV frames work the same as last gen, 128 steps=1 IV frame advancement*number of pokes in party.
I dont really understand the 2nd one but the answer is no. Once youve found your DS parameters, the seed you hit for that does not matter anymore. When you click generate results its shows you what seed you need to hit and what time you have to hit it.
Timer0 is complicated. It is essentially a programming thing that we can not control. Sometimes it goes crazy and changes, but it is uncontrollable. This is the only thing that makes Non C Gear hard sometimes.
Hope this helps and watch the videos! They really help

Just went and bought me Pokemon Black, simple question, do I need to find my parameters again or am I OK to go with the ones I have for my White game?

So? There's nothing wrong if it generates the same seeds. Also don't set a particular encounter slot unless the Pokemon only appears in one slot. You'll miss out on seeds with other slots that it appears in.
I get the same results regardless of the encounter slot I set.

Well I don't know what you did for stationaries so I'm not going to say yes. Basically get the right IVRNG frame. IV frame of 1 is the best so you don't have to do any walking to advance the IVRNG. Once you have the right IV frame you can just advance the PIDRNG to the correct PID frame by viewing Chatot's summary/saving. Remember that NPCs advance the PIDRNG, walking/turning advances it by 2 per step/turn etc. Just keep those things in mind if you find that you're getting the correct IVs but the wrong PID frame. I always recommend a synchronizer for any wild capture. Gives you a lot more results if you want specific nature.
I followed this guide for stationary pokemon:
http://blazingblyde.tumblr.com/post/4545145693/blyde-rng-guide

I've found the same guide in a few other places but nothing specific on how to catch a wild pokemon. I was under the impression I did the same thing but changed the encounter type to Wild Pokemon and used sweet scent to encounter it but that hasn't been working for me. I have a synchronizer and the nature doesn't matter too much to me so I'm just trying to get the IVs down.

Thanks for the information so far by the way :)

Take frame 24. 3 Pokémon in your party should suffice.
'k, thanks.
________

Question, I know that I have to walk 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in my party, now when I enter the Entralink and walk towards the place where the Pokes are waiting to be captured, those steps count toward my 128 I'm suppose to do. Right?

wait are you not abl to do it on the 3ds??? i saw this somwhere
You just can't, has been figured out. Who knows, you may be able to if it's figured out...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Question, I know that I have to walk 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in my party, now when I enter the Entralink and walk towards the place where the Pokes are waiting to be captured, those steps count toward my 128 I'm suppose to do. Right?
Yes. The RNG is seeded when you enter the Entralink, so anything you do after that counts toward it.

ok i just have one question, is a frame of 692 a good frame to try and hit when going after tornadus? because i believe i saw somewhere the ivs and pid are seeded after 465 frame and then i could just advance from 465 to 692 obvsly after finding my initial frame after 465

After 2 tries I'm asking If the Secret Egg event Pokemon be RNG'd? I know it has a set nature, gender, ability, and the overwritten 31 Atk IV, but I have a physical spread anyway so that doesn't matter to me. Also using the Wondercard method for reference.

Okay I'm still having problems with the C-Gear method to RNG for Shiny flawless eggs, (though it's due to my error from what what I can tell). I don't know how to do a screen capture however I can post how I am doing it.

I am working with an R4 (primary game) and have a retail copy (back up) and a DSi xl and I'm aiming to breed shiny flawless pokemon (in particular F Ralts). I put in my full MAC address and I when to Time Finder: Method 5 (C-Gear) and set my desired IVs leaving Atk 0. Encounter Type: Gift Pokemon Min Frame: 8 Max Frame: 8 Min Delay:1800 Max Delay: 9999 Shiny Only: Checked with ID and SID entered Max Shiny Frame: 300. I generated some with Frames and picked one and when to Generate more times. Seconds: 56 MAC Address: fully entered. Then I hit Generate. -Delay: 999 +Delay:999 + - Sec: 9 Min Frame: 8 Max Frame: 8 Then I hit Generate and follow whats underneath Roaming Pokemon locations (??? should I follow the one on the bottom? Sorry I was following bearsfan092drums C-Gear video)

I then enter the data on EonTimer and DSi and start the timer and DS and start the game before the timer goes to 0 and soft reset at 0 for the first timer instead of the R4 title screen where you load the games from. I have these cheats activated:
IV checker
Fast Hatch

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong even if it's through PM. If this is not were I should post this I'll delete before it becomes a problem. Thank you in advance.

PID%6 and Natures are the only way you can check.

Hm, I wonder if immediately capturing a Pokemon right after the event and then doing PID%6/Nature frame deduction would help. The rain would have to stop of course, but after a few attempts you should get a better idea where you hit.
That's actually a pretty great idea. I was already capturing something on Route 7 right after Thundurus flew off and using its IVs, Hidden Power, and later just its characteristic (once I knew what adjacent seeds gave me) to check the seed. If I can use that to also narrow down a PID frame, it should help a bunch in finding the starting frame for the roamer. Having the encounter slot, ability, gender, nature, etc. to work with will definitely help with that, too. Thanks for the idea!

Duplicates aren't weird for the roamers. It's probably exactly the same frame again. While you can hit the same frame consistently the frames don't quite advance consistently. For example I would do 100 frame advancements and only end up 96 frames higher. I figured it had something to do with the NPCs on that route 'cause there's NPC advancement when you exit the house and for a split second after you talk to the roamer though they're frozen for the rest of it.
Ah, I see. So, probably what happened with that second seed where I got Rash 3 times in a row would have been that with 0 advancements the NPCs advanced 2 times before the PID was generated, with 1 advancement the NPCs advanced 1 time before, and with 2 advancements the NPCs didn't advance the PID frame at all. Something like that, anyway... Either that, or I had two Rash frames close together. I figured I was getting duplicate frames (ie., the same frame) but couldn't figure out why.

Though, the fact that some frames possibly cannot be hit due to the NPCs is a little worrying when trying for a shiny. Hopefully I never run into that problem.

And if you can't figure it out with the PID%6 method then obviously you're doing something wrong. Your nature appears about 3-4 times for every 100 frames. So lets say you're checking a range of 400 frames. That's about 16 frames to check to see if they have a matching characteristic. It really shouldn't take you a long time to do that if you have a calculator in front of you and out of those 16 you'll find only 1-3 that are a match. Then you just do +5 frame advancements catch the roamer again and check via PID%6 again. Obviously you'd expect the second matching frame to be very close to the first matching frame and that's how you check to know if you've got the correct starting frame.
Before I make myself sound like more of an idiot, let me just make sure I have the PID%6 method correct...

After getting the remainder of the PID, I check that with the IVs that are tied. In this case, I have speed, special attack, and special defense. The characteristic matches with special attack if the remainder is 4, special defense if the remainder is 5, and speed if the remainder is 0, 1, 2, or 3. Right?

Assuming I got that right, the problem I was running into with the PID%6 method is that I got a ton of 0-3 results and not very many 4 or 5 results. For example, of the first 16 Rash results (ranging from frame 50 to 500), only five of those results had a 4 or 5 as a remainder. That doesn't help much to narrow it down, with the other 11 results being valid. I suppose it helps more to try to narrow down one of the PID%6 results of 4 or 5 instead, now that I think about it.

I was also advancing by 1 each time instead of 5 or so like you suggest, and I was looking for a sequence (though not an exact sequence, but something close to it), which is likely what threw me off. Next time I try this I'll do 5 advances instead and see if that helps.

Anyway, thanks for the help, you two. I hope next time is a little easier.

ok i just have one question, is a frame of 692 a good frame to try and hit when going after tornadus? because i believe i saw somewhere the ivs and pid are seeded after 465 frame and then i could just advance from 465 to 692 obvsly after finding my initial frame after 465
That sounds like it could work. After looking into it some more, I think my starting frame was 459 or 462, so 465 shouldn't be a bad estimate of a starting frame. Keep in mind that I was doing this when there was no rain on Route 7 prior to the roamer showing up, so it might be different if there is rain or snow on the route beforehand.

That's actually a pretty great idea. I was already capturing something on Route 7 right after Thundurus flew off and using its IVs, Hidden Power, and later just its characteristic (once I knew what adjacent seeds gave me) to check the seed. If I can use that to also narrow down a PID frame, it should help a bunch in finding the starting frame for the roamer. Having the encounter slot, ability, gender, nature, etc. to work with will definitely help with that, too. Thanks for the idea!

Ah, I see. So, probably what happened with that second seed where I got Rash 3 times in a row would have been that with 0 advancements the NPCs advanced 2 times before the PID was generated, with 1 advancement the NPCs advanced 1 time before, and with 2 advancements the NPCs didn't advance the PID frame at all. Something like that, anyway... Either that, or I had two Rash frames close together. I figured I was getting duplicate frames (ie., the same frame) but couldn't figure out why.

Though, the fact that some frames possibly cannot be hit due to the NPCs is a little worrying when trying for a shiny. Hopefully I never run into that problem.

Before I make myself sound like more of an idiot, let me just make sure I have the PID%6 method correct...

After getting the remainder of the PID, I check that with the IVs that are tied. In this case, I have speed, special attack, and special defense. The characteristic matches with special attack if the remainder is 4, special defense if the remainder is 5, and speed if the remainder is 0, 1, 2, or 3. Right?

Assuming I got that right, the problem I was running into with the PID%6 method is that I got a ton of 0-3 results and not very many 4 or 5 results. For example, of the first 16 Rash results (ranging from frame 50 to 500), only five of those results had a 4 or 5 as a remainder. That doesn't help much to narrow it down, with the other 11 results being valid. I suppose it helps more to try to narrow down one of the PID%6 results of 4 or 5 instead, now that I think about it.

I was also advancing by 1 each time instead of 5 or so like you suggest, and I was looking for a sequence (though not an exact sequence, but something close to it), which is likely what threw me off. Next time I try this I'll do 5 advances instead and see if that helps.

Anyway, thanks for the help, you two. I hope next time is a little easier.

That sounds like it could work. After looking into it some more, I think my starting frame was 459 or 462, so 465 shouldn't be a bad estimate of a starting frame. Keep in mind that I was doing this when there was no rain on Route 7 prior to the roamer showing up, so it might be different if there is rain or snow on the route beforehand.
ok thanks alot, this is in the summer so i think im good, so i have to save inside the house after talking to the old lady and then start the game at the time that rng reporter gives me? (i am hoping that talking to the old lady before i really start rnging does not interfere with anything) then walk outside and start the encounter with tornadus and then it flies away

I've been getting these error messages on RNG Reporter, and normally I would just ignore them. I have already caught a few perfect Pokemon in the wild with no problem. But today I tried to breed a flawless Pokemon. I found a good seed and when I went to generate it on the main RNG Reporter screen, it will give me an error message and not generate anything. In case it might help, here are a list of error messages I've been getting:

When I first open RNG Reporter I get:
"Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Configuration system failed to initialize."

I click continue, but it comes up with no problem. Everything else is fine, when I try to copy a full seed I get:
"*Exact same message above*

Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed"

I click continue and go to the main RNG window to generate. I paste it in the box without problem, but when I click generate I get:
"*Same message as above*

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

ok thanks alot, this is in the summer so i think im good, so i have to save inside the house after talking to the old lady and then start the game at the time that rng reporter gives me? (i am hoping that talking to the old lady before i really start rnging does not interfere with anything) then walk outside and start the encounter with tornadus and then it flies away
Yes, that is correct. Saving inside the house after the old lady talks to you will not interfere with the IVs or PIDs or anything else.

A question: I'm shiny RNGing by breeding, going for a spread of 31/31/31/X/31/31 from inheritance values and standard IV frames. I know I'm hitting my seed because I always get the same spread, yet the PID seems to vary (I get the right nature, yet the gender and ability seem to vary) and I've never gotten the shiny I'm aiming for. I know I'm doing everything properly (I managed to do a different RNG earlier). I've check my SID and ID and they are fine.

What am I doing wrong, or is there a different problem?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been getting these error messages on RNG Reporter, and normally I would just ignore them. I have already caught a few perfect Pokemon in the wild with no problem. But today I tried to breed a flawless Pokemon. I found a good seed and when I went to generate it on the main RNG Reporter screen, it will give me an error message and not generate anything. In case it might help, here are a list of error messages I've been getting:

When I first open RNG Reporter I get:
"Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Configuration system failed to initialize."

I click continue, but it comes up with no problem. Everything else is fine, when I try to copy a full seed I get:
"*Exact same message above*

Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed"

I click continue and go to the main RNG window to generate. I paste it in the box without problem, but when I click generate I get:
"*Same message as above*

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
What operating system are you running on? Do you have the RNGReporter.exe.config file in the same directory as RNG Reporter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)