5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ok so i caught a woobat, and it only had flawless in 3 stats, whereas the seed i used had everything flawless. its held key was R and i advanced the frame by walking 256 steps with 4 pokemon in party, as the iv frame was 6. is this correct?

ok so i caught a woobat, and it only had flawless in 3 stats, whereas the seed i used had everything flawless. its held key was R and i advanced the frame by walking 256 steps with 4 pokemon in party, as the iv frame was 6. is this correct?
When searching for seeds, I usually search for seeds that have the desired Iv's as the lowest possible.
So for wilds, I leave my IV frame at 1. So I don't have to advance that any. Might be a good idea to do until you get used to 5th gen abusing.

Glad you found your parameters. Walking 128 steps with Z Pokemon in your party advances the IVRNG by Z so to advance to frame 6 you need to walk 128 steps with 5 Pokemon in your party to advance from frame 1 to 6.

currently searching for a 1 to 1 iv frame.
edit: found a seed time was 9:54:59. differential of +1.
iv all flawless, exception speed which was 13.
and i didnt get my seed.
i sweet scented as soon as the game began and caught the poke. there were no key presses or anything. i let the screen go to the star crash, c gear was off. any ideas of what could have went wrong?
guess what guys: I HIT MY SEED!!!!!

currently searching for a 1 to 1 iv frame.
edit: found a seed time was 9:54:59. differential of +1.
iv all flawless, exception speed which was 13.
and i didnt get my seed.
i sweet scented as soon as the game began and caught the poke. there were no key presses or anything. i let the screen go to the star crash, c gear was off. any ideas of what could have went wrong?
guess what guys: I HIT MY SEED!!!!!
Sometimes the timer0 fluctuates so you'll hit a different seed. So it'll happen from time to time.
Good luck

Going out on a limb here:

If someone actually knows the parameters on how to abuse Non C-Gear seed on Desmume can you PM Me? I already RNG on both my black and white cartridges, now trying to RNG on an emulator for CPs.

Thanks.

im trying to learn how to rng eggs..

i have 2 parents.. ferroseed and dwebble both with 31/31/31/2/31/0

the egg i want is 31/31/31/2/31/0

put the everstone on my brave ferroseed for the nature [obv]. get a result, post the seed in the rng reporter under the correct method, calculate, see the SF, but the problem is.. i have no idea where my actual starting seed is.. since the everstone messes with shit. but put that to the side for a second..

howcome even when all the ivs are exactly the same.. i dont get the results i want.. why are the ivs never the 31/31/31/2/31/0

Is there any way to RNG swarm pokemon?There is any encounter slot for them?
There is a way, I don't know if there is an encounter slot for them. Your best bet is just to give it a try with them. I did a Mankey a while back (accidental). I believe he was on my Encounter slot of 5 or 6. It was a while back though. Below post says 1 and 2.

How can I use this for eggs.. Do I select stationary or something super special?
Timer finder > 4/5th gen Shiny Egg will give you the stuff you need for egg abuse.

put the everstone on my brave ferroseed for the nature [obv]. get a result, post the seed in the rng reporter under the correct method, calculate, see the SF, but the problem is.. i have no idea where my actual starting seed is.. since the everstone messes with shit. but put that to the side for a second..

howcome even when all the ivs are exactly the same.. i dont get the results i want.. why are the ivs never the 31/31/31/2/31/0
Parents only pass 3 of them so, is the seed you're going for frame 8 with those IV's? If so, you might be hitting the wrong timer0.
If your seed gives any other numbers other than the desired Iv's, if you don't hit the correct PID, it will mess up the egg's IV's.

Edit: YAY 1,000 POSTS! :)

You probably won't get the IVs you want unless you hit your desired frame. It's different from catching wild Pokemon, where everything has set IVs for that certain seed... you have it hit the exact PID frame.

Anyway, you might want to consider taking off the Everstone to find your starting frame and that jazz, then put it back on when you know where you're starting, how many to advance, etc. Makes things a lot easier, believe me.

Here:
Swarms are 40%, on slots 1 and 2.

If not, that hasn't been researched.
E: Lol, ninja'd by a second. :P

The starting PID frame is between 30 and 70,you wont get that IV spread due to different heritages from the parents for each new PID.Here is the deal:
Lets say your IV seed spread is 15/4/31/2/31/0 and the frame you fell have attack speed and special attack as heritage.Then your baby would come up as 15/31/31/2/31/0 instead of the one you said.You will have to get the baby nature,sex and IV to help discover where you are.Or just hit seed,restart,hit seed again chatter one time,restart,chatter 2 times and see a nature pattern on the RNG reporter

Some people say 0,1. Some say 1,2.

Adamant Magikarp said:
How can I use this for eggs.. Do I select stationary or something super special?
Eggs are gift pokemon and start on frame 8 (Normal wilds and stuff are on frame 1)

rubixlx0 said:
how do you use a synchronizer to manipulate nature? also how do you manipulate shininess on a rnged poke?
Synchronizers have a 50% chance of synching any given PID frame. You can check the PIDRNG and manipulate that. The natures that can by synched are bolded in some form.

For shinyness, you also manipulate the PIDRNG. Each pokemon will have an IV-frame, and a PID-frame. Based on which PID-frame you hit, what your trainer ID is, and what your secret id is will determine if that PID-frame will produce a shiny or not.

Phadunk said:

If

mom's IVs = Dad's IVs = RNG IVs exactly

Then the offspring will have those IVs, no matter what. The only thing that will change is nature, gender, ability. If the IVs are wrong, then your timer0 is fluctuating or you missed your seed.

And when you use an everstone, use any of the information given to narrow it down. If dad/mom/rng all have the same IVs, then you can't narrow it down via IV inheritance. You can though figure out it's ability (if it has more than 1), and it's gender and that can help you narrow down. If you don't hit your everstone nature, then it should be really easy to find.

Additional comments

- Your real starting frame will probably be +2~7 from the calculated starting frame

- You can do 1 chatter, 2 chatters, ... and get a pattern. That will help narrow down where your real starting frame is. You could do other tricks, for example if you believe your real starting frame is 53 or 54, and say frame 60 gives you jolly and frame 61 gives you brave, do 7 chatters and see what you get. Just make sure you verify that you hit your seed each time so you don't use wrong data for narrowing stuff down

Edit: Massive ninja'd. Long posts ftl. However

Anyway, you might want to consider taking off the Everstone to find your starting frame and that jazz, then put it back on when you know where you're starting, how many to advance, etc. Makes things a lot easier, believe me.
You can't do this. When you go back and put the everstone again and save, the NPCs will most likely be in different spots or behave differently. That will change your starting frame again.

Okay guys, thanks for the egg shit.. i'll definitely dedicate some hardcore time into it to get it working for me. [just waiting for that lightbulb to go off]

but thankfully, i just got a 31/31/31/23/31/0 brave one, so at least i can be content with that until i figure it out lol.

again, thanks for the posts.

I'm looking to get into RNG abuse. I've tried this once before, and failed miserably. I think I am more prepared now.

What I need is someone that has the time/patience to help me out through the step by step process of RNG abuse.

If anyone can help me out, send me a VM/PM.

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting a bit confused, I'm trying to breed for a shiny, but exactly where should I search for my seed?

In Time Finder, Capture tab? I suppose I should fill in my IVs there and also "search for nearby shiny frames". But it's very hard to find a good nature/ability/gender + the IVs you want... And when you copy the seed to RNG Reporter's main window, the nature will become different because of the everstone use...

Or should I use the 4th/5th gen shiny egg tab? Because it match more when searching for shinies in RNG Reporter's main window i.e. I find my frame there as I found it in the Time Finder.

I tried the 4th/5th gen shiny egg tab, copy the full seed to the main window, then method 5 (standard seed), hit generate with min frame as 1. I take my DS and try to hit my seed, collect egg and fly to victory road. Capture a Pokémon, IVs doesn't match at all (they usually are on frame 14 for me). Redo, IVs still doesn't match.

Am I doing it right and just have a bad luck hitting my seed or...?

Okay guys, thanks for the egg shit.. i'll definitely dedicate some hardcore time into it to get it working for me. [just waiting for that lightbulb to go off]

but thankfully, i just got a 31/31/31/23/31/0 brave one, so at least i can be content with that until i figure it out lol.

again, thanks for the posts.
Tip: Right click in the main window, click "display parents in search" and input the IVs of the parents and the IVs of your seed. Note that if you're using the shiny egg search you'll need to choose method 5 standard in the main window and look at frame 8 to know your seed IVs. After you do that it will list the characteristics for each PID frame which should help you a bit to find your start.
You don't need to do it without the everstone. That's just silly and a waste of time. Between nature, ability, gender, inheritance and characteristic you have more than enough to figure out your actual starting frame in one try with or without everstone.
I'm getting a bit confused, I'm trying to breed for a shiny, but exactly where should I search for my seed?

In Time Finder, Capture tab? I suppose I should fill in my IVs there and also "search for nearby shiny frames". But it's very hard to find a good nature/ability/gender + the IVs you want... And when you copy the seed to RNG Reporter's main window, the nature will become different because of the everstone use...

Or should I use the 4th/5th gen shiny egg tab? Because it match more when searching for shinies in RNG Reporter's main window i.e. I find my frame there as I found it in the Time Finder.

I tried the 4th/5th gen shiny egg tab, copy the full seed to the main window, then method 5 (standard seed), hit generate with min frame as 1. I take my DS and try to hit my seed, collect egg and fly to victory road. Capture a Pokémon, IVs doesn't match at all (they usually are on frame 14 for me). Redo, IVs still doesn't match.

Am I doing it right and just have a bad luck hitting my seed or...?
You use the "4th/5th gen shiny egg" tab for shiny eggs. You can use the capture tab but that's more work for you since you'll have to search for PID frames manually.

You use the "4th/5th gen shiny egg" tab for shiny eggs. You can use the capture tab but that's more work for you since you'll have to search for PID frames manually.
Thanks a lot!

Curious question: Does the Dream World true/false state affect the RNGing if you don't have a Dream World ability?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)