5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
Some info

Starting frame is probably between 550-750 if there's no weather before the roamer arrives. 1500-1900 if there's rain before it arrives and snow is obviously somewhere in between no weather/rain but I haven't tried it.
I wanted to thank you for this post. I've been trying to RNG Thundurus all day but I keep hitting the same snag, and I know it is, most likely, wandering NPCs. I'm in dire need of advice.

Right now, I have saved inside the woman's house. With my current seed, I am able to exit the house, get through the dialogue, and end up, fairly consistently, with a roamer on frame 530. After doing one advance in the game via saving (I don't have a chatot...would it be worth it to get one?), I ended up with a roamer on frame 532. Yet another advance yielded 534.

My target was 540. After hitting 538 repeatedly, I was getting excited, only to find out that the next advance, which should have put me at 540, put me somewhere around 600 consistently. I've had this problem with two other seeds....I get really close and then get some ridiculous jump like that. The only thing I can figure is that it has to be wandering NPCs.

Can anyone offer me any advice on the matter? Is it worth it to just keep plugging away and trying multiple seeds in the hopes that one of them won't make that jump?

I just wanted to clear up some things before I attempt to RNG the Thundurus in my Pokemon: White game, since once I enter the house, I'll be locked there to RNG for all of eternity until I get my shiny perfect Pokemon. Questions:

The Target Frame is 26. Since it's a Roamer, my starting Frame is 1. Does this mean I am to advance the IV Frame 25 times, or 128 steps 5 times with 5 Pokemon?

I am aiming for an IV spread of 30/2/30/30/30/31. I have found a seed for 30/2/30/30/31/30 since it appears that the normal SpeAtk/SpeDef/Speed becomes Speed/SpeAtk/SpeDef. Is this correct? And the first 3 of HP/Atk/Def remain the same?

My target PID Frame for a Shiny with the above stats and Timid nature is at 854. I'm assuming that I am starting somewhere near 700. When I first attempt to RNG it, is it correct that I do no PID Frame advancements, catch the Thundurus, and locate where I actually hit to find out how many PID Frame advancements I must do with Chatot Flips, assuming I exit the house and press A at the same moments and consistency?

I believe I may be doing this in the winter months. Does the above method get changed, other than a probable lower starting PID Frame?

Thanks for any and all help!

So earlier today I was RNG breeding Wurmple (lol), the plan being to eventually get a male Beautifly with Morning Sun to breed with my female Volcarona. I found a seed/IVRNG/PIDRNG that would give me exactly what I wanted. According to the RNG Reporter, the Wurmple would be Modest, Male and have 31/31/31/X/31/31. According to its PID, 99786CE9, it should evolve into Silcoon. (99786CE9 --> 2574806249 in decimal. 2574806249 % 65536 = 27881. The last digit is less than 5, so it should evolve into Silcoon.) When I hatched the egg, the Wurmple had all of the specified attributes. It was Modest, flawless in everything but Sp. ATK and Male. When I got it to level 7, though, it ended up evolving into Cascoon. Did I miscalculate something?

Dark Druid Nergal, I've got an answer to your problem. Use a ditto. First get ANY male larvesta with morning sun, then breed that with a flawless ditto. A male can pass down egg moves it inherited to it's own race.

Phadunk, I know... it seems like those two adavance the frame, with all the talk of NPCs, but it's others off-screen that change it. Those two however, can be helpful, they can let you know how slow you were in opening the menu and collecting the egg.

Dark Druid Nergal, I've got an answer to your problem. Use a ditto. First get ANY male larvesta with morning sun, then breed that with a flawless ditto. A male can pass down egg moves it inherited to it's own race.
That doesn't really solve the problem since his problem was getting the wurmple to a silcoon when it didn't.

The only thing I can think of (I didn't bother checking your math) is the PID frame you hit was wrong, but still gave you what you wanted. Or silcoon is 5~9 and not 0~1

I wanted to thank you for this post. I've been trying to RNG Thundurus all day but I keep hitting the same snag, and I know it is, most likely, wandering NPCs. I'm in dire need of advice.

Right now, I have saved inside the woman's house. With my current seed, I am able to exit the house, get through the dialogue, and end up, fairly consistently, with a roamer on frame 530. After doing one advance in the game via saving (I don't have a chatot...would it be worth it to get one?), I ended up with a roamer on frame 532. Yet another advance yielded 534.

My target was 540. After hitting 538 repeatedly, I was getting excited, only to find out that the next advance, which should have put me at 540, put me somewhere around 600 consistently. I've had this problem with two other seeds....I get really close and then get some ridiculous jump like that. The only thing I can figure is that it has to be wandering NPCs.

Can anyone offer me any advice on the matter? Is it worth it to just keep plugging away and trying multiple seeds in the hopes that one of them won't make that jump?
Are you sure you found the right starting PID? 530 seems too low. The rain produced by the roamer pushes you to a minimum of about 540 and I've never hit anything below 600 for a roamer so I doubt your start is 530. Also doing 1, 2, 3... advances is not advised. The frame advancement is not always consistent. You could do 1 advancement and end up on 618 then do 2 advancements and end up on 618 again or 617. You want to do at least 5 or more additional frame advancements each time to make sure that doesn't happen.
Also saving takes forever. Get 2 Chatots.

I just wanted to clear up some things before I attempt to RNG the Thundurus in my Pokemon: White game, since once I enter the house, I'll be locked there to RNG for all of eternity until I get my shiny perfect Pokemon. Questions:

The Target Frame is 26. Since it's a Roamer, my starting Frame is 1. Does this mean I am to advance the IV Frame 25 times, or 128 steps 5 times with 5 Pokemon?

I am aiming for an IV spread of 30/2/30/30/30/31. I have found a seed for 30/2/30/30/31/30 since it appears that the normal SpeAtk/SpeDef/Speed becomes Speed/SpeAtk/SpeDef. Is this correct? And the first 3 of HP/Atk/Def remain the same?

My target PID Frame for a Shiny with the above stats and Timid nature is at 854. I'm assuming that I am starting somewhere near 700. When I first attempt to RNG it, is it correct that I do no PID Frame advancements, catch the Thundurus, and locate where I actually hit to find out how many PID Frame advancements I must do with Chatot Flips, assuming I exit the house and press A at the same moments and consistency?

I believe I may be doing this in the winter months. Does the above method get changed, other than a probable lower starting PID Frame?

Thanks for any and all help!
Frame 26? You haven't realized that anything above frame 6 is annoying/ridiculous?
It's going to be nearly impossible to manipulate the PIDRNG for the roamer if your IVRNG frame is not 1. Search again, 3 keypresses, min/max frame of 1/1 if you want to try to manipulate the PIDRNG for the roamer.

You have to use the gift method and the frame is NOT 8 as for eggs (wrong assumption which can be easily made) but it's 1.
Really?! Oops - I just gave bad advice then... I could've sworn I used frame 8 when I did my Archen, but I guess I didn't. -__-'
*Sigh* I noticed that problem the first time I tried to RNG Thundurus. Some frames were not hittable. I would be aiming for something like 1814, land on 1812 then do 1 more advancement and end up on 15-30frames higher. I thought it was only due to the rain falling before Thundurus arrived but since you're having the same problem it might be more than that. Try pressing A during the seasons thing when you run outside. The NPCs will be initialized in a different position (which is why I told you not to do it before). It might help you to hit that frame...or it might throw you way off. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to change seed/target frame.
I've just started trying that, LOL. It seems to cause me to get an earlier frame in most cases rather than later, so I'll try a number of advancements that resulted in frame 1017 / 1018, and pray it works. So far, though, I seem to be plagued by the wrong timer0... like 4 times in a row (which costs me 20 minutes due to the large amount of Chatter counting I have to do). But I'll get you my pretty!!! *O*

EDIT: I swear my brain's gonna explode! >.< First I get frame 1009... now I got 1011... Plz, game, just give me 1010 and let this madness be done with!

Alright, I'll start looking for only Frame 1. I understand that if I'm going to be doing it over and over that Frame 26 might become daunting. I find myself to be an RNG maestro, so I thought I could hotshot it, but I'll start looking again. Thanks for all the help.

Hello, I require a little bit of help in RNGing. I am using RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta. I am trying to capture a flawless Jolly Mienfoo with Inner Focus (Ability 0). The target seed is 553D72F04C751D25 with a frame of 4. I do not believe that delays matter in this process, but for reference, the min. delay is 600 and max is 610. My MAC address is 001AE90FD793. I did 4 calibration trials before attempting to capture, and the results for all of them were identical except Timer0, so when I finally got a consistent Timer0 value of C7F (best 3/4), I put the info into the Timer Finder to get three possible seeds, one of them being the one above. It is the one I've tried the most times.
I try capturing in the patches of grass just outside Dragonspiral Tower. After I load the game at the right time, I use a Max Repel and walk around in the grass with 3 pokes in my party for 128 steps to advance the frame to 4 like it says. After the steps are up, I use a sweet scenter to lure out the wild pokemon. Mostly I get a Jolly Druddigon with "Good Perserverance" (or good endurance, I'm going off of memory here) and a completely random and imperfect IV spread. Twice I got a perfect Mienfoo, but it was Timid and had Regenerator (Ability 1), but I always have my Jolly Espeon in front with Synchronize, so that's kind of weird. Those are the only two results I get with that seed, so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Although I can't give you the exact answer.. what I can say is.. not every frame is able to be syncronized. Depends if the nature on the reporter is bold or not. Also, with the movement and steps... you have to make sure you're doing the exact same movements, turns, everything, everytime. [i only do frame 1 because its just a hassle]. And also.. dragonspiral tower [north irricus city] gives me trouble sometimes.. and gave me a lot of trouble last night [where i just gave up and went to different rngs

Can I hit the same seed with a different cartridge, but with a shared DS?

Example: Seed 1234455645733 gives me a shiny on frame 60 on my Black, but I searched using White. Can I simply switch games (using a common DS) and get that easy shiny? If not White->Black, how about the same scenario except with a shared/restarted (ID abused) version?

Although I can't give you the exact answer.. what I can say is.. not every frame is able to be syncronized. Depends if the nature on the reporter is bold or not. Also, with the movement and steps... you have to make sure you're doing the exact same movements, turns, everything, everytime. [i only do frame 1 because its just a hassle]. And also.. dragonspiral tower [north irricus city] gives me trouble sometimes.. and gave me a lot of trouble last night [where i just gave up and went to different rngs
The nature in the reporter is never bold, but I caught a flawless Jolly Terrakion, so I assume when you specify nature, it usually works out. And the movements are always the same. There is a spread listed for frame 1, but it's either a Druddigon or a Lax Tranquill with ability 0 and perfect IVs. Maybe it's just location that's the problem?

P.S. Great profile pic :)

EDIT: Do I have to specify an encounter slot? Also, I set encounter type to Wild Pokemon, I was thinking I may need to change it to "Wild Pokemon (Shaking Grass)", or this that for if you want to catch an Audino or something?

Still RNGing Tornadus... but I was wondering, do wandering NPCs advance the PIDRNG frame by 2 when they do, or is it random (meaning it could cause 0,1, or 2 advancements)?

I seem to be locked into a strange trend... Although I've been doing just 376 advancements, I've been hitting only odd-numbered frames (1003, 1005, 1007, 1009, 1011, and 1013) - some of which I've hit multiple times. I know UpsideDownHitmontop mentioned that some frames just weren't hittable for him/her, but that statement was related to a slightly different situation.

I've managed this much variation with a single number of advancements... and I just hope it's NOT impossible to hit 1010, eventually.

EDIT: I should also mention, with 375 advancements, I managed to hit 1006, 1009, and 1013... 1006 being the lone even-number, so I guess that's a good sign? I just can't tell if this frequency of odd-numbered frames is due to sheer chance, or if there's a good reason for it.

The nature in the reporter is never bold, but I caught a flawless Jolly Terrakion, so I assume when you specify nature, it usually works out. And the movements are always the same. There is a spread listed for frame 1, but it's either a Druddigon or a Lax Tranquill with ability 0 and perfect IVs. Maybe it's just location that's the problem?

P.S. Great profile pic :)

EDIT: Do I have to specify an encounter slot? Also, I set encounter type to Wild Pokemon, I was thinking I may need to change it to "Wild Pokemon (Shaking Grass)", or this that for if you want to catch an Audino or something?
Just one question... do you know the difference between the IV RNG frame and the PID RNG frame?

You should use Wild Pokemon for any pokemon you can encounter in grass or a cave or any walkable spot by walking. Shaking grass is indeed for Audino and the like who only show up when the grass is shaking. Wow, what great logic XD

Can I hit the same seed with a different cartridge, but with a shared DS?

Example: Seed 1234455645733 gives me a shiny on frame 60 on my Black, but I searched using White. Can I simply switch games (using a common DS) and get that easy shiny? If not White->Black, how about the same scenario except with a shared/restarted (ID abused) version?
My first instinct is no. The ID/SID will most likely be different, meaning different shiny frames. Also different versions I believe will have different DS parameters which will produce different seeds if booted up at the same time.

I am trying to breed a quiet shiny dw exeggcute. I don't know if its me or RNG reporter, but something is not right at all. I have the everstone attached to the father, who has a quiet nature. I did the process to find my SSF, and the baby was quiet nature and couldn't really narrow it down to anything on the list.
So I did the process again and chattered twice this time. Quiet nature.
Did it again. Quiet nature.
There is nowhere on the list on RNG reporter where there are 3 quiets in a row. What could I be doing wrong? I know I hit my seed, because I flew to Victory Road, caught a Pokemon and checked its IVs, etc....

I am trying to breed a quiet shiny dw exeggcute. I don't know if its me or RNG reporter, but something is not right at all. I have the everstone attached to the father, who has a quiet nature. I did the process to find my SSF, and the baby was quiet nature and couldn't really narrow it down to anything on the list.
So I did the process again and chattered twice this time. Quiet nature.
Did it again. Quiet nature.
There is nowhere on the list on RNG reporter where there are 3 quiets in a row. What could I be doing wrong? I know I hit my seed, because I flew to Victory Road, caught a Pokemon and checked its IVs, etc....
What PID seed are you using? Along with you said you chattered twice, then chattered 3 times, yeah? So you skipped over doing 1 chatter?
Also, I know it is hard(er) to find seeds without everstone help, but I always use seeds that don't require them so I don't have to worry about having multiple natures like that.

What PID seed are you using? Along with you said you chattered twice, then chattered 3 times, yeah? So you skipped over doing 1 chatter?
Also, I know it is hard(er) to find seeds without everstone help, but I always use seeds that don't require them so I don't have to worry about having multiple natures like that.
The PID seed is 489FE779 on frame 72.
I chattered once the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)