5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Red

Yeah, I tried the same seed several times and I'm getting the same drilbur but he's nowhere to be seen on my list of frames.
Well... Another option is that you can find your parameters with a certain keypress, and then search seeds, and try that, if you are really getting troubles. I just dont know whats up.
you arent using any power items, or accidentally turning on cgear right?
OR DID YOU PUT YOUR CHATOTS BACK IN THE BOX? YOU MAY NEED TO USE CHATTER AGAIN?

Well... Another option is that you can find your parameters with a certain keypress, and then search seeds, and try that, if you are really getting troubles. I just dont know whats up.
you arent using any power items, or accidentally turning on cgear right?
OR DID YOU PUT YOUR CHATOTS BACK IN THE BOX? YOU MAY NEED TO USE CHATTER AGAIN?
Nope lol He still chatters fine. No power items or cgear lol I dont know! Maybe I will just try again tomorrow.

Red

Nope lol He still chatters fine. No power items or cgear lol I dont know! Maybe I will just try again tomorrow.
Ah well dude... .-.

Good Luck, I hope you get it.

is this for that SS team we talked about? :D

Ah well dude... .-.

Good Luck, I hope you get it.

is this for that SS team we talked about? :D
Yeah, I gave it a run on PO last night and did fairly well with it :) Just gotta work out some EV distributions and movesets.

EDIT: I've switched out both parents, took off international because the new parents aren't, and I still can't get any frames to match up with what I'm getting on PPRNG.

I've been trying to find my parameters. I've input everything right, game, mac address, everything but I'm still getting inconsistent results:

AS VC T0 G V
+3 69 C8E 6 2
+1 63 C79 6 8
+2 5A C79 6 1
+2 5A C79 6 1
+2 5A C79 6 1
+0 5B C7E 6 C
+5 67 C89 6 3
+1 63 C6D 6 2
+0 5F C9F 6 F
+1 53 C88 6 8
+8 52 C66 6 5

I went for the 5A C79 one but when I tried to RNG something it didn't work.
I'm going mad here and I don't know what's wrong.

Hi! I'm currently starting my first 5th Generation breed. I'm trying to get a Shiny Dream World Tentacool with my desired IVs.

So far, I have been able to hit my frame on the seed. However, when I hatched the egg, the Tentacool was not shiny. I inputted my ID/SID into the Shiny Egg Finder tab, and the results show which egg will be shiny. When I pasted the seed into the RNG Reporter to generate a list of frames, it said that the frame would not be shiny, even though it said so in the Shiny Egg tab. Should I find a different seed perhaps, as I am confused as to why it does not show up shiny in the frame results and when I hatch the egg. Thanks!(:

I've been trying to find my parameters. I've input everything right, game, mac address, everything but I'm still getting inconsistent results:

AS VC T0 G V
+3 69 C8E 6 2
+1 63 C79 6 8
+2 5A C79 6 1
+2 5A C79 6 1
+2 5A C79 6 1
+0 5B C7E 6 C
+5 67 C89 6 3
+1 63 C6D 6 2
+0 5F C9F 6 F
+1 53 C88 6 8
+8 52 C66 6 5

I went for the 5A C79 one but when I tried to RNG something it didn't work.
I'm going mad here and I don't know what's wrong.
Flashcard? Those certainly aren't retail cartridge parameters. If you're using a flashcard you'll have to search way wider than the default ranges in the parameter finder.

Hi! I'm currently starting my first 5th Generation breed. I'm trying to get a Shiny Dream World Tentacool with my desired IVs.

So far, I have been able to hit my frame on the seed. However, when I hatched the egg, the Tentacool was not shiny. I inputted my ID/SID into the Shiny Egg Finder tab, and the results show which egg will be shiny. When I pasted the seed into the RNG Reporter to generate a list of frames, it said that the frame would not be shiny, even though it said so in the Shiny Egg tab. Should I find a different seed perhaps, as I am confused as to why it does not show up shiny in the frame results and when I hatch the egg. Thanks!(:
Are you sure the time finder updated with the correct ID/SID? Enter your ID/SID in the main window then click generate. Close/reopen RNG reporter and check if the time finder is updated with the correct ID/SID.

Is there anything special about breeding Drilburs? I can't seem to RNG this guy on my pokemon black. I have 2 flawless parents, ones ditto and international with an everstone. I have all the right boxes checked, but every egg I hatch isn't anywhere in my list of potential frames.

EDIT: and I've tried several different seeds
Okay, so I decided to do a quick test on another Pokemon since I still couldn't get Drilbur. I bred an Elekid and got shiny and the correct IVs on the first try. Is there something wrong with Drilburs in my game? Is this possible?

Okay, so I decided to do a quick test on another Pokemon since I still couldn't get Drilbur. I bred an Elekid and got shiny and the correct IVs on the first try. Is there something wrong with Drilburs in my game? Is this possible?
So I've been scratching my head over what could possibly be your problem and I only have one last thought. Am I wrong in thinking that it is technically possible that the NPCs were advancing your seed before you could talk with the guy? Even if that's possible the odds of that happening are terribly low. You said you tried multiple seeds but did you ever try a different save? That would put the NPCs in a different place. Probably no help but it's all I've got. :(

So I've been scratching my head over what could possibly be your problem and I only have one last thought. Am I wrong in thinking that it is technically possible that the NPCs were advancing your seed before you could talk with the guy? Even if that's possible the odds of that happening are terribly low. You said you tried multiple seeds but did you ever try a different save? That would put the NPCs in a different place. Probably no help but it's all I've got. :(
I've tried everything! What baffles me is that I was even able to breed the elekid on my first try. Right after that I put drilbur back in and the same problem occurs.

Just want to get everything right, so, RNG'ing Thunderus in Winter months will results in the lowest possible PID frame? (About 260?) And Winter months are April, August, December?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Just want to get everything right, so, RNG'ing Thunderus in Winter months will results in the lowest possible PID frame? (About 260?) And Winter months are April, August, December?
Yes to both questions. Snow doesn't advance the PID that fast as rain. :) So if you have a spread in a Winter month, you want to have your Shiny PID around 350-400. That would be my guess.

Yes to both questions. Snow doesn't advance the PID that fast as rain. :) So if you have a spread in a Winter month, you want to have your Shiny PID around 350-400. That would be my guess.
Thanks! I guess it's also the easiest season, because of the pretty low pid frame.

Whenever I find my parameters I seem to keep getting them over and over but when I try to RNG something I get something completely different.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

When capturing something in the wild by RNG are you supposed to use Sweet Scent or run around? Also does it make a difference if I'm in a cave?

Does using a female Pokemon for breeding with a Ditto mess up the resultant IVs of the offspring? Today's the first time I've bred with a female Pokemon with a ditto, and it's also the first time I've gotten all the right natures (while trying to find my starting frame) with none of the right IVs. The only thing I can think is that the Ditto acts as the male of the pair, which is strange because I always thought of it being the female even with another female Pokemon, since in 4th Gen even with a female Ditto was the one to hold an Everstone. Is this so?
New page.

^Ditto is the opposite gender of your other Pokemon. Stated in post 3 Btw.
Kaphotics wrote all that stuff out only to have almost everyone ignore it. No wonder people are so reluctant to write decent guides. :/
When capturing something in the wild by RNG are you supposed to use Sweet Scent or run around? Also does it make a difference if I'm in a cave?
Sweet scent. You only walk if your IV frame is higher than 1 and even then you should still sweet scent after completing your steps to advance the IV frame.
No caves don't change anything.

Also what's "completely different?" Wrong IVs? Wrong PID info? Everything wrong?

I don't know why you have 11 sets of parameters in your previous post. If you're using Victory road pokemon to find your parameters it's highly unlikely that you'd get more than 2 results so either you're catching low level Pokemon or you expanded the search range.

Sweet scent. You only walk if your IV frame is higher than 1 and even then you should still sweet scent after completing your steps to advance the IV frame.
No caves don't change anything.

Also what's "completely different?" Wrong IVs? Wrong PID info? Everything wrong?

I don't know why you have 11 sets of parameters in your previous post. If you're using Victory road pokemon to find your parameters it's highly unlikely that you'd get more than 2 results so either you're catching low level Pokemon or you expanded the search range.
The whole point was that I wasn't getting consistent parameters. each time I tried I got something different.

And it's everything that's wrong. Wrong Pokemon, wrong IVs and when it is the right Pokemon the Ivs are still wrong.

So then I think my parameters are wrong so I try to find them again to check and I end up with something completely different.

And I'm not even using a Flash Cart. I have the real deal.

The whole point was that I wasn't getting consistent parameters. each time I tried I got something different.

And it's everything that's wrong. Wrong Pokemon, wrong IVs and when it is the right Pokemon the Ivs are still wrong.

So then I think my parameters are wrong so I try to find them again to check and I end up with something completely different.

How are you checking IVs?

Try this:
Set your DS date to August 04, 2011. Set the DS clock to 8:32. Turn off the game/turn it back on and watch the seconds hand until it hits 25. Press the A button to start up the game as soon as the seconds hand hits 25. Don't press any buttons until the game freak logo comes on. Enter the game and when asked if you want to turn on the c-gear say "no." Sweet scent and catch a Pokemon. Check its IVs with the pokedex-IV checker in RNG reporter. Paste the IVs in word document or somewhere where you can reference them. It will say something like HP: 19-21. This means the min HP is 19 and the max HP is 21.
Open up the parameter finder. Choose your game version, DS type should be DS Lite/Original (standard does not work with a DSi/3DS). Enter your MAC address. Check your MAC address again from the WFC settings to make sure you have the correct MAC address. Make sure it says "none" for all 3 held buttons. The date will be August 04, 2011. The time will be 08:32:25
Enter the min/max possible IV for each stat and search. If it doesn't return a result you're screwed.

Ok, so I went through everything again from the beginning and I noticed my MAC address had 2 digits the wrong way round so that explains why I didn't get what I was looking for but it doesn't explian my inconsistent results.

I did my parameters stuff again and got a new result however when I switched my MAC address to the one I had previously it still didn't match up with any of the old ones.

When I went to RNG something with my new parameters it still didn't work.

Ok, so I went through everything again from the beginning and I noticed my MAC address had 2 digits the wrong way round so that explains why I didn't get what I was looking for but it doesn't explian my inconsistent results.
Yes it does. Your MAC address is a part of your parameters. Wrong MAC address means wrong parameters. Use the correct one to calibrate and to RNG.

None of my drilburs are matching up to any results in PPRNG still. Does anyone know what may be going on? I'm pressing the right buttons and starting at the right times. I've tried several different seeds and no frames are matching up. I tried another RNG and it worked flawlessly, however as soon as drilbur goes back in to the daycare the frames don't match up again. I've tried several different parents as well, nothing works.

EDIT: nvm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)