5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have been having an odd problem for a couple months now. My seeds all have the correct IVS, however the PIDRNG listed by RNG Reporter is all wrong. The gender, abilities, and natures don't match RNG Reporter. I am using white version, have a ctimer of C80, I generally use key presses, and rng on an original ds. Does anyone know why I might have this problem? As you might imagine going through each pid frame individually is a tad tedious and time consuming.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have been having an odd problem for a couple months now. My seeds all have the correct IVS, however the PIDRNG listed by RNG Reporter is all wrong. The gender, abilities, and natures don't match RNG Reporter. I am using white version, have a ctimer of C80, I generally use key presses, and rng on an original ds. Does anyone know why I might have this problem? As you might imagine going through each pid frame individually is a tad tedious and time consuming.
Well, clicking "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" would be a good place to start, because PIDRNG frames never start on frame 1.

Alright, I've seemed to have hit a wall.

I've been trying to get 4th Gen. RNGing down lately (I have been doing this for the past few days, no luck). I moved away from it for awhile to get my spirits back up with the easy as cake 5th gen. RNGing. Which, I have pretty much gotten down.

However, something is giving me huge problems. On my Black cart, I am RNG Breeding a Rotom. I have every part of the time finder set up by the book (inputted both parents IVS, Ditto is female and Rotom is male, Modest, Perfect IVs in every stat but attack, Shiny, BW(International), Checked Ditto Parent.)
I search my seed and get a assload of results. I pick the one I like, and plug the seed into the Main Reporter. I attempt to find my true starting frame (comparing it to the frame that the calculator tells me it starts at) and I always get a true starting frame up in the 100s, when my calculator is telling me its around 40.
This does this with every seed I pick. If it doesn't do this, I don't get any results at all.
SO I've come to a conclusion (or two). It is either my Timer0 or I'm not hitting my times, right? Or is it something deeper than that? I've been at this for 3 hours straight and nothing has come out. I can't determine my true starting frame at all.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you get the menu up as soon as you can after the season screen, you should be looking at a starting frame around 5 after what RNG Reporter says. Unless your reflexes really suck or you did the parameter search wrong, you're probably not hitting the wrong time, so most likely it's just Timer0 trolling you.

Well, clicking "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" would be a good place to start, because PIDRNG frames never start on frame 1.
I already do this. It actually usually starts at initial PIDRNG frame + 2 or so. . . At least it did before this started happening to me.

If you get the menu up as soon as you can after the season screen, you should be looking at a starting frame around 5 after what RNG Reporter says. Unless your reflexes really suck or you did the parameter search wrong, you're probably not hitting the wrong time, so most likely it's just Timer0 trolling you.
I've Been searching it right as far as I'm concerned.
I've been using the same parameters for the past few months. They have worked for about 20+ RNGs so I guess they still are valid lol.

I really hope its my Timer0 at this point. I raised my level of my Rotom I'm using to breed my Flawless one by 46, to get more accurate IV results for the Reporter.

Hope for the best.

I've Been searching it right as far as I'm concerned.
I've been using the same parameters for the past few months. They have worked for about 20+ RNGs so I guess they still are valid lol.

I really hope its my Timer0 at this point. I raised my level of my Rotom I'm using to breed my Flawless one by 46, to get more accurate IV results for the Reporter.

Hope for the best.
Well that depends...are you getting the same results even though they are wrong? or are you getting random results every time even though you do the same thing?

I think that is a very small bug (9.93), but I report it.

First of all, my DSi parameters and Wondercard spread.

Well. When I press "Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame)" in the spread...

PIDRNG spreads have the same error, but I don´t use this function with them...

Ok, I am done with my first playthrough and I'm trying to abuse my ID/SID combo in B/W... can anybody explain to me how do i find out my initial frame?
I have my DS Parameters and all and have done RNG in B/W... I'm using a 3DS...

Edit: NVM found POJ's guide ^^

Well that depends...are you getting the same results even though they are wrong? or are you getting random results every time even though you do the same thing?
I'm getting random results. Most of the time.

However, I get results that repeat each other sometimes (say, I get a Sassy "Likes to Fight" Rotom a few times, but it doesn't appear on the MAin Reporter screen.)

This leads me to believe its my Timer0. IF it doesn't work today I'll recalibrate my game.

I'm getting random results. Most of the time.

However, I get results that repeat each other sometimes (say, I get a Sassy "Likes to Fight" Rotom a few times, but it doesn't appear on the MAin Reporter screen.)

This leads me to believe its my Timer0. IF it doesn't work today I'll recalibrate my game.
well it's either that or maybe your ds can't do L & R buttons? I just think it's weird that you were able to RNG successfully multiple times before but now it's completely not working. Sure the Timer0 might troll you a couple of times but going for 3 hours without a single result is not right lol. So yeah I'd guess it's either 1) a really hard keypress ur not doing right. 2) your DS can't handle L&R buttons
If it's not the second or the first, your best bet would probably be to try a different seed (without keypresses) and see if the same thing happens. This will help you see if it's a keypress issue. See where I'm going here? I doubt recalibrating would help you since you are getting random results while breeding. If you were to get the same wrong results, then yea you should recalibrate.

well it's either that or maybe your ds can't do L & R buttons? I just think it's weird that you were able to RNG successfully multiple times before but now it's completely not working. Sure the Timer0 might troll you a couple of times but going for 3 hours without a single result is not right lol. So yeah I'd guess it's either 1) a really hard keypress ur not doing right. 2) your DS can't handle L&R buttons
If it's not the second or the first, your best bet would probably be to try a different seed (without keypresses) and see if the same thing happens. This will help you see if it's a keypress issue. See where I'm going here? I doubt recalibrating would help you since you are getting random results while breeding. If you were to get the same wrong results, then yea you should recalibrate.
Well I did recalibrate.
I got my Timer0 at C7B instead of C7C. However, there was another result that popped up (C80) But I decided on C7B (as it has trolled me with this before.)
I find another seed and hit it. I found a result that was 2 off of the Initial Frame that my Reporter tells me. I figure out my advances and rehit my seed. Guess what? Apparently I didn't hit my seed at all. I keep fluctuating my Timer0s for some reason. And instead of just 2 values, Its witching between 3.

I know I hit C7C more consistently than the other two, I know this. but lately I can't hit C7C when I need to. Any help?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know I hit C7C more consistently than the other two, I know this. but lately I can't hit C7C when I need to. Any help?
Timer0 is just weird. At first I usually got C7F on mine, then it switched to mostly C7E, and now it's back to C7F again. Also, the C80 result was probably a fluke, it shouldn't vary by more than 1 or 2.

I'm trying to abuse my id/sid combo in B/W... (I am done with my first playthrough so I have prior experience with RNG for the 5th gen)

I am using RNG Reporter v9.93

this is my target seed:
8E09C24304A83B01 12/21/2011 0:01:27 30 40 9775 27781 TRUE A

These are the id's that I get consistently for 2 hours without advancements:
E90CAF612407C9F5 12/21/2011 00:01:13 0 30 46478 13946 N/A Select
2E7165889AC0A924 12/21/2011 00:01:35 0 47 64541 10064 N/A B

This is my DS Parameters:
Version: Pokemon White (English)
DS Type: 3DS
DS Mac Address: E00C7F387301
VCount: 90
Timer0: 12BC
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8

What am I doing wrong??

You seem to be doing everything right (if you have prior experience, you know how to hit a seed). If this is your first time using a 3DS, also note that you need to start 8 seconds before your target (so at 00:01:19 in your case). But since you said you have experience, you probably already know that.

Could you post a snapshot of pandora's box? Maybe you're typing something in wrong.

I just tried entering all your info into my Pandora's box and I got the same results you were getting.

The only other thing I can think of is that your timer0 is not being cooperative, but you said you've been at this for 2 hours. And you're entering everything correctly.

Try using a different ID seed and see if you have the same problem. If you do have the same problem, then I have no clue what's going on.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, does anyone have a solution for me, or have any idea wutsoever as to whats wrong?
Not with the very limited information you've given us.

rules in the first post of the thread said:
If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
You claim to have hit the IVs but gotten the wrong nature sequence? Well, tell us more about your data. What seed? What natures did you get? How were you advancing the PIDRNG? Where were you catching the Pokemon? And tell us anything else that might be relevant.

I still can't do my id/sid abuse even if I'm using a different seed...
I don't really know what I'm doing wrong with my ID/SID abuse...

EDIT:
Anybody who has done id/sid abuse using a 3DS or DSi? Can somebody tell me if there are issues with it... Thanks

Not with the very limited information you've given us.

You claim to have hit the IVs but gotten the wrong nature sequence? Well, tell us more about your data. What seed? What natures did you get? How were you advancing the PIDRNG? Where were you catching the Pokemon? And tell us anything else that might be relevant.
You'll have to give me time to collect some of the data again, like I said this is over the course of two months, and I have tried at least seven seeds. Generally i get the hex flawless IVS I am supposed to with the seed, but I cannot predict the PIDRNG. There was one seed that I am looking for the paper work for. I manually checked each PID frame with chatots for about 50 different frames, but the nature/gender/ability combinations didnt correlate at all with the first 300 or so frames listed for the seed. (starting from the caculated started frame) This is for breeding by the way.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
You'll have to give me time to collect some of the data again, like I said this is over the course of two months, and I have tried at least seven seeds. Generally i get the hex flawless IVS I am supposed to with the seed, but I cannot predict the PIDRNG. There was one seed that I am looking for the paper work for. I manually checked each PID frame with chatots for about 50 different frames, but the nature/gender/ability combinations didnt correlate at all with the first 300 or so frames listed for the seed. (starting from the caculated started frame) This is for breeding by the way.
Okay, we don't need *that* much data. We just need enough data to show you where your techniques and\or assumptions are wrong and how to fix them.

Also note that NPCs are going to mess up your PIDRNG frame while you are not in the menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)