5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow, breeding is much harder. And I tried matching up what I got to the output list, but couldn't find it. Then I took out the everstone nature on reporter and I believe I found it then. But why would it show up on a non-everstone list when I did use everstone in the process?
Probably coincidence. Everstone changes the whole generation pattern, not just individual natures, so the frames will all be different.

A lot of it is guesswork. Keep in mind that NPCs will usually advance it about 3-5 frames beyond whatever you do, so see if you can find a match around that range. If you can't, most likely you hit the wrong Timer0.

Do you think it would just be easier to not use everstone and to just look for a frame that had the nature I was looking for?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Harder to find a seed, easier to find your frame. So it depends on how good your parents' IVs are and how long you're willing to let the search run.

And another question. I want to allow keypresses so I can come up with more results, but how do I let it search for seeds with keypresses?

Ok, so I tried to RNG breed. I hit my seed the first time and opened the menu (to simulate opening for chatot). then exited and picked/hatced egg. I got the one on frame 53 and the one I want is on frame 92. I duplicated my process except added 39 chatters to advance the frame. The egg I got... I can't even find it on the list. I'm pretty sure I hit the seed correctly. Any thoughts?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Ok, so I tried to RNG breed. I hit my seed the first time and opened the menu (to simulate opening for chatot). then exited and picked/hatced egg. I got the one on frame 53 and the one I want is on frame 92. I duplicated my process except added 39 chatters to advance the frame. The egg I got... I can't even find it on the list. I'm pretty sure I hit the seed correctly. Any thoughts?
Well, it's hard to be "pretty sure" if Timer0 is screwing with you. Next time, right after collecting the egg, fly to Victory Road and immediately catch something, and see if it matches IV frame 8 for your seed. That will tell you for sure whether you hit it or not.

^

He/she doesn't even have to fly to Victory Road, he/she can just catch a pokemon from the grass on Route 3 and see if it matches a frame of 8-20. That's what I do :3

=D He, and I prefer victory road too. Higher lvl pokemon are easier to calculate the IV's for. But which do you fly to? the top or bottom entrance?

Just beat me to it voodoo.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Bottom entrance, it's like two steps away from the cave so you're less likely to trip the step counter and make things more complicated.

Bottom entrance, it's like two steps away from the cave so you're less likely to trip the step counter and make things more complicated.
Cool, so I did that and caught a durant. Now I compare it to the list that I have up for the breeding results? Cause it is wild poke and it doesn't match frame 8 of that list.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, it's hard to be "pretty sure" if Timer0 is screwing with you. Next time, right after collecting the egg, fly to Victory Road and immediately catch something, and see if it matches IV frame 8 for your seed. That will tell you for sure whether you hit it or not.
^

He/she doesn't even have to fly to Victory Road, he/she can just catch a pokemon from the grass on Route 3 and see if it matches a frame of 8-20. That's what I do :3
Not Frame 8, guys. Picking up the egg (which starts at 8) uses up 6 RNG calls, so the Pokemon you would catch would have IVs from frame 14-20.

But I am supposed to compare it to is the breed list in the output even though it is a caught wild? If I am, I think I might have the one on frame 32

I hatched the egg a few times and got the same result a few times, so I am able to stay consistent. The one that I want is on frame 92, but the only egg that matches the one I actually get is frame 100. This is with mashing buttons and 1 chatter for good measure. If I don't chatter, I seem to get one on frame 52. That's a large gap for just one chatter. =/

I posted something about this before, and gave after getting really no response. I have the itch to play again, but its extremely difficult for me to rng anymore. . . Whenever I try to rng. My IVs match the desired seed as if I hit my target, however my PIDRNG does not match at all. Example: The seed I have been currently trying to work with is 8B39431B46B57EEE for breeding a hex flawless adamant Haxorus with moldbreaker. I am using everstone adamant nature. However the first 2 pid frames give me a female adamant axew with rivalry then a gentle female with rivalry. The first frame thats supposed to have a female with gentle nature is 51, it would match with the previous frame except the abilities don't match. I checked the next adamant male frame to make sure (54), but that doesn't work out either. The next gentle female frame is a bit unreasonable (110), but I check that as well and still the next adamant male frame doesnt produce an adamant male. All of my tests have had flawless eggs, but the abilities and genders dont match. If, someone has an idea of whats going on or how to fix it please tell me. Also, my timer0 seems to change every month or two. If that helps at all. Sincerely, very confused G0dsend.

Cassie

giant claw
I posted something about this before, and gave after getting really no response. I have the itch to play again, but its extremely difficult for me to rng anymore. . . Whenever I try to rng. My IVs match the desired seed as if I hit my target, however my PIDRNG does not match at all. Example: The seed I have been currently trying to work with is 8B39431B46B57EEE for breeding a hex flawless adamant Haxorus with moldbreaker. I am using everstone adamant nature. However the first 2 pid frames give me a female adamant axew with rivalry then a gentle female with rivalry. The first frame thats supposed to have a female with gentle nature is 51, it would match with the previous frame except the abilities don't match. I checked the next adamant male frame to make sure (54), but that doesn't work out either. The next gentle female frame is a bit unreasonable (110), but I check that as well and still the next adamant male frame doesnt produce an adamant male. All of my tests have had flawless eggs, but the abilities and genders dont match. If, someone has an idea of whats going on or how to fix it please tell me. Also, my timer0 seems to change every month or two. If that helps at all. Sincerely, very confused G0dsend.
From what I'm getting when I read this, it seems the abilities aren't what RNG Reporter predicts? Do you have it on the right option? As in, if you're using a foreign parent is it BW Breeding International? Also if you're using a Ditto as one of the parents make sure you have that checkmarked. You're also using the most recent RNG Reporter correct?

You'll have to give more information than that. What were you trying to get, what did you get, and what are your parameters? Describing how you did it might also help, in case you did something wrong in the process.
all right this is the flawless seed im trying to IDSID abuse to get shiny frame on 73: ADFA2178E8F35131
keypress:select -L
i used that seed on the pandoras box's search by seed frame 73
yeah my parameters are correct
these are my parameters pokemon black english dsi
macaddress:0026599E0550
vcount:8c
vframe :8
timer0:123C
gxstst:6
-------------------
"search parameters box"
date: 2/08/2012
min frame:30
maxframe:40
then find id seeds.
----------------
then i picked an id seed on that date 2/08/2012
time:00:28:31
id:59302
sid:10921
button :select
the date of the id seed 2/08/2012 MM/DD/YYYY
-------------------
the id i got :23413
and in the seed finder ,
i put in the id i got 23413
put the date 2/08/2012
hour:00
minute:28
min/max second:28-35
min/max frame:10-40
and find seed hit.
then nothing shows up :(

From what I'm getting when I read this, it seems the abilities aren't what RNG Reporter predicts? Do you have it on the right option? As in, if you're using a foreign parent is it BW Breeding International? Also if you're using a Ditto as one of the parents make sure you have that checkmarked. You're also using the most recent RNG Reporter correct?
I have not considered that, but I am using the most up to date rng reporter, and a ditto and a haxorus 1 or both might be something I got from pokecheck, and that might be around the time this started (when I started using pokecheck for parents), so you might have a very good point. I'll check it out thank you. How would I tell if they are international. . . If its still in english.

I have not considered that, but I am using the most up to date rng reporter, and a ditto and a haxorus 1 or both might be something I got from pokecheck, and that might be around the time this started (when I started using pokecheck for parents), so you might have a very good point. I'll check it out thank you. How would I tell if they are international. . . If its still in english.
You can check your ingame pokedex and see if there is another entry for another language or it should say the origin on pokecheck of you got it from there

Alright hopefully my last couple of questions here... Alright, so after finding my Standard seed that I want, I went back into RNG reporter to find my PIDRNG seed. But I am confused on something. Should I have the Roamer Released checked? Along with that should I then hit calculate initial PIDRNG Frame?

And last question, what is the difference between a synchronized nature or not? Does that mean I have to use a synchronizer, and if it isn't a synchronized seed then I dont have to use it?

Thanks for all the help so far everyone :)
Hello... lol new page

Cassie

giant claw
@Phallylapper Yes you should have roamer released checked if it really is released. You then click the Calculate PID button. A synchronizable nature PID means that if you have a pokemon with synchronize in the front of your party the pokemon you catch will have that nature. It's usually easier to use synchs instead of advancing more than you would have to. Whether or not a seed is synchable depends on the frame and whether or not the nature is in bolded typing. So all seeds have synchable and nonsynchable frames.

Also emboars is correct about the True/False thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)