5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm having a problem with RNGing Nature/IVs for Eggs. I've already gotten a flawless Jolly Excadrill w/ Sand Rush from breeding (before it was banned >.>), but somehow I can't get the same results anymore.

I've bred a female Jolly scraggy with 31/31/31/xx/31/?? with a male Jolly scraggy with ??/31/31/xx/31/31 and it keeps giving only one of those 2 results. The same thing goes for my Starmie and Garchomp. I RNGed a flawless Starmie on Route 13, but need to breed for the nature since there were NPCs (it's harder when using Dittos, right?). The Garchomp won't even yield more than 3 perfect IVs. *~*

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm having a problem with RNGing Nature/IVs for Eggs. I've already gotten a flawless Jolly Excadrill w/ Sand Rush from breeding (before it was banned >.>), but somehow I can't get the same results anymore.

I've bred a female Jolly scraggy with 31/31/31/xx/31/?? with a male Jolly scraggy with ??/31/31/xx/31/31 and it keeps giving only one of those 2 results. The same thing goes for my Starmie and Garchomp. I RNGed a flawless Starmie on Route 13, but need to breed for the nature since there were NPCs (it's harder when using Dittos, right?). The Garchomp won't even yield more than 3 perfect IVs. *~*
You really haven't given us much to work with...the more info you give us the better.
Try reading this.

You only need your SID if you want it to be shiny. You'll need to advance the PIDRNG too (using Chatot or saving) if you want to get the right nature, since clearly the PIDRNG frame you're hitting isn't a synchronize frame. As for getting the wrong IVs, you're probably getting a different timer0.
I watched the video about the PIDRNG but there he says that when appears a cloud dust then it will appear every time i do the same path but it didn't happen to me.. and I wasn't capable of discover my pid frame: I found a lax nature without saving. then lax saving one time, then adamant with 2 saves, lonely with 3 saves and bashful with 4 saves. the reporter didn't show this sequence...

but then I tried a few times with my timid ralts in the front and get my desired nature and iv's :D
this is my first rng'ed pokemon: timid kyurem 31/14/31/30/31/30 - HPfire 70

I'm RNGing a shiny timid Giratina in the Distortion World 30/15/30/31/31/31, and am using the latest version of RNG Reporter. I RNGed my TID/SID combo to be 2825/42191 respectively, so with no synchronizer, I should get the desired spread on frame 209, with the seed b313080d.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble just hitting my target time of 19:33:30. I've been using eonTimer, with calibrated delay at 600, and calibrated seconds at 15. I seem to fairly consistently hit the target time 19:33:21, despite changing target seconds and calibrated seconds (anything that might work) on eonTimer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Wow completely clicked on the wrong thread. Sorry :/

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm RNGing a shiny timid Giratina in the Distortion World 30/15/30/31/31/31, and am using the latest version of RNG Reporter. I RNGed my TID/SID combo to be 2825/42191 respectively, so with no synchronizer, I should get the desired spread on frame 209, with the seed b313080d.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble just hitting my target time of 19:33:30. I've been using eonTimer, with calibrated delay at 600, and calibrated seconds at 15. I seem to fairly consistently hit the target time 19:33:21, despite changing target seconds and calibrated seconds (anything that might work) on eonTimer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Try asking in the proper thread.

It is possible to RNG on all models of DS and the 3DS now; it doesn't require any external devices. There are many differences between Gen IV and Gen V RNGing, however you should find that Gen V is much easier once you learn it.
thanks so much I might try gen V RNGing now :D

Edit*

Forgot to mention, is it practical/possible to RNG DW pokemon on entralink without AR devices and such? Or I will only be able RNG 5th gen eggs, static captures and wild captures?
And is RNG shiny egg pokemon possible without AR?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forgot to mention, is it practical/possible to RNG DW pokemon on entralink without AR devices and such? Or I will only be able RNG 5th gen eggs, static captures and wild captures?
And is RNG shiny egg pokemon possible without AR?
It's entirely possible to do Entralink with an AR, but you'll need a lot of Rare Candies to check IVs when you're calibrating.
Shiny egg RNG is easy, there's no reason you should need AR for it.

I am getting frustrated with a problem, and have tried finding out what I am doing wrong.

I've now bred, captured, and wondercard gifted different pokemon using standard abuse.

Because of the current Arceus promotion, I have to actually use the C-gear method, and am learning how to hit seeds. I practiced in Victory road until my eonTimer was calibrated and I could hit my desired delay frequently.

Then, I checked "Entralink" and did the same process (with the same seed), but instead of saying "yes" to turn on my c-gear and then sweet scenting, I am pressing A on the "You're warped to the entralink!" message and then running to Arceus and capturing it. I believed this to be the only difference, however...

When I find his IVs and put them in "Seed to Time" to find out how close I was, I am greeted by the message "No IVs found in this range" (it's a much larger range than should be necessary).

Do Dream world pokemon have a different seed to search for than Method:IV (C-gear) Encounter type: Wild/Stationary (both give same seed)? Why else might I be getting mismatched IVs if I am able to hit my seed outside of Entralink?

Thanks for your help!

I am getting frustrated with a problem, and have tried finding out what I am doing wrong.

I've now bred, captured, and wondercard gifted different pokemon using standard abuse.

Because of the current Arceus promotion, I have to actually use the C-gear method, and am learning how to hit seeds. I practiced in Victory road until my eonTimer was calibrated and I could hit my desired delay frequently.

Then, I checked "Entralink" and did the same process (with the same seed), but instead of saying "yes" to turn on my c-gear and then sweet scenting, I am pressing A on the "You're warped to the entralink!" message and then running to Arceus and capturing it. I believed this to be the only difference, however...

When I find his IVs and put them in "Seed to Time" to find out how close I was, I am greeted by the message "No IVs found in this range" (it's a much larger range than should be necessary).

Do Dream world pokemon have a different seed to search for than Method:IV (C-gear) Encounter type: Wild/Stationary (both give same seed)? Why else might I be getting mismatched IVs if I am able to hit my seed outside of Entralink?

Thanks for your help!
Extralink starts on Frame 21

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Calibration for Entralink will not be the same as for non-Entralink C-Gear, so you may be farther off than you think. What are you trying to hit, and what range are you searching?

It starts on 21? That could be the problem.

I'm trying to hit a delay of 5362. I knew it would be off, and I figured I would just change the default 296 by however much I missed after searching for the IVs I got. I'm searching withing 999 of where I am, but I tried one search within 5361 of where I am and that didn't change my result (for that one try of course, that doesn't empirically say 999 is close enough.)

What do you suggest my ranges be?

EDIT: I just widened my IV range from 1-10 to 1-30, and it worked! That was my problem-- I didn't know it started on frame 21. Thank you both!

EDIT 2: Turns out I was also off my delay by more than 200, so that was certainly further than I thought as well.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It starts on 21? That could be the problem.
It doesn't start at frame 21. Talking to/battling the Pokemon in the Entralink advances the frame by 21, so most people treat that as the starting frame. It starts at frame 0 like everything else.

my 2nd rng'ed pokemon: timid mewtwo 31/5/31/31/31/31 - (wondercard method)

I had some troubles, then I figured it was the npc moving lol. I went to the pokemon league pokecenter... but my initial pidframe was 45 and I was supposed to hit the 55 so I used chatter 10 times but after that I hit the 56 frame so I did 9 chatters and got my timid mewtwo. Is this normal?

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted

I had some troubles, then I figured it was the npc moving lol. I went to the pokemon league pokecenter... but my initial pidframe was 45 and I was supposed to hit the 55 so I used chatter 10 times but after that I hit the 56 frame so I did 9 chatters and got my timid mewtwo. Is this normal?
Maybe you doubleclicked or something, or messed up counting, or had your wrong initial frame. It's not really that huge of a deal. It's all part of the trial and error of RNGing.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Just out of curiosity, what did you set your Min\Max Advances to?

Just some questions

1)
If I want to rng an "shaking spot" pokemon water/grass, how would I get it to shake when I hit my seed? by hitting my seed and saving it when it shake?

2.)If I defeat the NPC near the DW mushrana (misspelled), If I exit the area to enter the area where the pokemon is located, will the npc advance my frame?

3.) Regarding CC abuse
using timefinder, I have two example seed

50%F 12.5%F 25%F 75%F
Required lead "CC (50% F) F F F F
Required lead "CC (50% F) M M F F

Should I have a male CC in my lead to hit the first seed?
Should I have a male CC in my lead to get a Female pokemon who gender ratio is 25% and 75%?

Thanks in advance

Also Omega the Calculate PID from IV under the 4th gen tab now no longer work :(

Excuse me for asking, but how may I find the parameters for my DSi? I have English White game and am using (or trying to, rather) the PPRNG for the Mac. I just cannot seem to find how to do it on Google.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Excuse me for asking, but how may I find the parameters for my DSi? I have English White game and am using (or trying to, rather) the PPRNG for the Mac. I just cannot seem to find how to do it on Google.
Same way you would for a regular DS.

Egh, it's been almost a year since I last did 5th gen rng and I don't remember it at all. x.X

Mkay, so I'm doing a simple non-shiny egg with DW ability. Using the latest RNG reporter with a DSi. I already got the parameters (the min/max timer0 were the same?). Found a spread I liked, found the starting frame, did chatot flips, ect. I am consistently off. Very off--looking at the list of spreads generated for that seed, my resulting nature and DW true/false doesn't come up anywhere near it in the frame list. I can only conclude that I am consistently failing to hit the seed.

How do you check the seed? This may sound dumb, but I can't find the Seed Finder for 5th gen, and therefore have no idea if my timing is off, or if it's just the timer0 fluctuating, or what. The adjacent seed tool also confuses me. Why does it say to catch a Pokemon and only checks frames 14-20? Since my desired egg is on frame 74 with a starting frame of 43, shouldn't any Pokemon I catch come after that?

Sorry if any of these questions are too n00bish. >.<

Just some questions

1)
If I want to rng an "shaking spot" pokemon water/grass, how would I get it to shake when I hit my seed? by hitting my seed and saving it when it shake?

2.)If I defeat the NPC near the DW mushrana (misspelled), If I exit the area to enter the area where the pokemon is located, will the npc advance my frame?

3.) Regarding CC abuse
using timefinder, I have two example seed

50%F 12.5%F 25%F 75%F
Required lead "CC (50% F) F F F F
Required lead "CC (50% F) M M F F

Should I have a male CC in my lead to hit the first seed?
Should I have a male CC in my lead to get a Female pokemon who gender ratio is 25% and 75%?

Thanks in advance

Also Omega the Calculate PID from IV under the 4th gen tab now no longer work :(
1.im confused on when the shaking spot will apear too.becuz it is said that for every 20 steps the game checks whether you are on a possible shaking spot frame.but i've experienced this, when a shaking spot appear and after i enter it and got an item,and after walking just 2 steps another spot appeared so thats less than 20 steps (the 1st spot was just appeared 4 steps away when i m walking).and for your question the shaking spot sure will dissapear if you reset your game so that doesnt work

2.if you exit and re-enter the npcs will advance the frame cuz they also get reset when you leave the room.

guys if i kill the roamer and do this will i get a shiny roamer?
find a pid rng seed for the roamer with a shiny frame lets say 85.
then go to the elite 4 champion and save 1 step before battling.
then hit my seed and do the chatots to verify my seed (by the pitch) and to advance the pid frame to 85.
then battle .
then catch the roamer.
will that work.i know the ivs are messed that way but will i get the shiny roamer?

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
guys if i kill the roamer and do this will i get a shiny roamer?
find a pid rng seed for the roamer with a shiny frame lets say 85.
then go to the elite 4 champion and save 1 step before battling.
then hit my seed and do the chatots to verify my seed (by the pitch) and to advance the pid frame to 85.
then battle .
then catch the roamer.
will that work.i know the ivs are messed that way but will i get the shiny roamer?
I don't know that answer, but why would you kill it in the first place?

I don't know that answer, but why would you kill it in the first place?
because it is hard to get the right pid frame when rnging in the house because of the rain.i just need it shiny .doesn't matter about ivs cuz there will be a thundurus/tornadus event in a couple of months so i can get a perfect flawelss one from there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)