5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just the PID (advances it by around 550 frames, assuming there isn't any prior weather).

I don't know if this question is legal, if it isn't please delete and PM me the answer:

But I save restored a file to another cartridge, I'm using the same DS.

Would the Timer0's be the same or different?

LMK.

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I don't know if this question is legal, if it isn't please delete and PM me the answer:

But I save restored a file to another cartridge, I'm using the same DS.

Would the Timer0's be the same or different?

LMK.

-James
It will be either the same or similar, you might get a different value more frequently. Probably a good idea to re-check your parameters a couple of times to be safe.

at what point are the ivs/nature determined for lati@s in bw2? is it when you first see them in the dream yard? or when the battle starts?

Agonist

There is a certain step you have to take to trigger the battle, that's when the IVs and stuff are presumably set.

Tornadus question:

Is he generated the step you leave the house, or is he generated before you go in or after you leave the house?

I don't want to screw this up.

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Tornadus question:

Is he generated the step you leave the house, or is he generated before you go in or after you leave the house?

I don't want to screw this up.

-James
It's generated after you leave the house, at the end of the cutscene when it flies away. The steps you take during the cutscene won't advance the IV frame.

It's generated after you leave the house, at the end of the cutscene when it flies away. The steps you take during the cutscene won't advance the IV frame.
UGH, I forgot to drag the Chatot into Tornadus's room.

Do the IV's stay the same as the first time when you kill it and go through the E4, or are they random?

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
UGH, I forgot to drag the Chatot into Tornadus's room.

Do the IV's stay the same as the first time when you kill it and go through the E4, or are they random?

-James
The IVs change every time you respawn it.

It might be really tedious depending on what your target frame is, but you could advance the PID frame by saving, I don't think there are any moving NPCs in the room.

Alder's room has no NPC's and you're not thrown into it when you get inside: It's very similar to Lance's room actually.

If I could do it there like I did the roaming Lati@s in HG/SS it'd be really cool. If I can't, I'll just have to factory reset/save restore the game since the Timer0 carries over.

-James

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Alder's room has no NPC's and you're not thrown into it when you get inside: It's very similar to Lance's room actually.

If I could do it there like I did the roaming Lati@s in HG/SS it'd be really cool. If I can't, I'll just have to factory reset/save restore the game since the Timer0 carries over.

-James
In the room on Route 7, I meant.

There's no practical way to RNG it at Alder, the IV frame advances at ~120 frames/second.

Sorry to be a pain, but Tornadus's starting IV frame is 1, correct?

(wish there was a little more of a technical document having these things, be nice if it was in the RNG Reporter)

-James

Agonist

Sorry to be a pain, but Tornadus's starting IV frame is 1, correct?

(wish there was a little more of a technical document having these things, be nice if it was in the RNG Reporter)

-James
Like Hozu said, make sure you choose the Roamer method, otherwise you'll get fucked up IVs.

Got one. Adamant with all 31's. Not terrible for having like no control over the nature.

Thank you for putting up with me tonight.

-James

Hi there. I just decided to buy Pokémon Black yesterday after two years away from the games. I've been reading about how the RNG works this generation, which seemed somewhat easier than the previous one.

However, as always, I've been trying to RNG my starter Pokémon, though I don't feel like playing much to get the Parameters. I've been trying to do so using the IV check code on AR after hard resetting while saved in front of the gift box with the starter Pokéballs, but I got no matches from the DS Parameter Finder, even when enlarging the range to a huge range. Does anyone have an idea about what my problem may be? I'm playing on a UK DSi with a UK Pokémon Black cartridge, if that helps.

Ugh, is there any way to RNG Pokemon in the outside of the Giant Chasm in B/W 2?

"Sweet Scent doesn't work for some strange reason"

-James

Ok, I've finally got my parameters and managed to RNG my ID/SID combination for some good shiny spreads.

Anyway, now I wanted to get my perfect starter but I don't seem to understand how to conciliate the PIDRNG seed with the IV spread seed, since they're supposed to be hit at different timings. I'd be grateful if someone could just explain me how that works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)