5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

i don't know my parameters are set to what they always are, my timer zero is c7c
i hadn't clicked ditto parent on the main rng window for one, not that makes a difference of what seed i was hitting

because it had the same ,gender,ability,stats,nature , also was the closest one to my target. i don't get it i managed to get it right earlier and now i am just failing
now i ticked the ditto parent box the seed i hatched i can't even find no where near my target seed, i started my game at the right time and date, a second before for parameters,i also pressed x as quick as i could and then come out and spammed a and when it hatched it was to match that frame
it turns out i hit frame 54 now its all corrected.

ok so i hit frame 54, the starting frame is 50, and my target is 138
so 138-50-4 is 84 chatot summaries!, hopefully this works this time.....
it is probably because i forgot to tick the ditto parent box.....

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Any Linux RNGReporter-type programs out there?
Not currently. I believe that the possibility of Mono support was mentioned a while back, but it's low priority. For now you'll just have to dual boot or borrow a friend's computer or something.

Edit: talked to Slashmolder about it, a Linux version will be in the works once a stable release of 9.96 is done.

Well, I'm trying to RNG an egg. The problem is, with the various seeds I try, the frames I hit doesn't match any of the frames. I'm pretty sure I've gone over everything that could have gone wrong, including time and the various other things. I'm using 9.95 beta.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, I'm trying to RNG an egg. The problem is, with the various seeds I try, the frames I hit doesn't match any of the frames. I'm pretty sure I've gone over everything that could have gone wrong, including time and the various other things. I'm using 9.95 beta.
Timer0? One thing you can do to tell if you're hitting the right seed is to fly to Victory Road immediately after picking up the egg, go inside and catch something, and compare what you got to IV frames 14-20 of your seed.

Also, make sure you selected all the applicable options - Ditto Parent, Everstone, etc.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Timer0? One thing you can do to tell if you're hitting the right seed is to fly to Victory Road immediately after picking up the egg, go inside and catch something, and compare what you got to IV frames 14-20 of your seed.
This. I found random Pokemon on Route 3 to be useful for this same purpose, but Victory Road is easier to find your seed with.
Not currently. I believe that the possibility of Mono support was mentioned a while back, but it's low priority. For now you'll just have to dual boot or borrow a friend's computer or something.

Edit: talked to Slashmolder about it, a Linux version will be in the works once a stable release of 9.96 is done.
Excellent, thanks for the heads up, I shall look for it.

Also, make sure you selected all the applicable options - Ditto Parent, Everstone, etc.
How would I check the IV frames? I haven't had a need to do that yet.

Hey.

I just downloaded RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 17. I'm picking up Entralink abusing again since I haven't played BW since May.

So far, I went through making profiles for both of my games and for different keypresses, and I've been following PoJ's Entralink Guide. Apparently, RNG Reporter refuses to display any results when I try to search for Entralink natures no matter which profile I use. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've tested this myself and it is indeed an issue. For now you'll have to use an older version of RNG reporter. I don't have a link for alpha 16 on hand but 9.95 should work.

Just when I decided to get back into it lol. Oh well.

For future reference, in the recent versions of 9.96, do I still have to adjust the second digit in the C-Gear seed by two to make sure I'm able hit the correct Standard Seed?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
With 9.96 there's a field for calibrated delay which will adjust the standard seed times given. So if EonTimer gives you 20 seconds for the first timer the standard seed for that one needs to be 21 seconds for lite/phat.

Just being curious, will RNG reporter add mutiple year search to time finders?
I'm sure it will be useful in tasks like finding frames for shiny roamers.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Just being curious, will RNG reporter add mutiple year search to time finders?
I'm sure it will be useful in tasks like finding frames for shiny roamers.
It's very easy to add but I'll probably not because it's basically only needed for shiny roamers and if you can't find any weird hidden power within two years I'll be shocked. It'll cause more problems than it's worth.

Alright, so after I did 36 Chatters, I went and caught a Mienfoo. It appears to match frame 14. I haven't actually hatched the egg, so what now?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I suspect Timer0 trolling, but that may be my terrible timing skills.

Okay I've got a new seed with better IVs and less chatters(target frame is 641).
As I find out my SSF as always, I found 2: 458 and 489.
After infinite times of trying, my conclusion is that I can't hit the frame with 183 or 152 chatters respectively.
I then try to chatter between 152 to 183 times, and I got the nearest frame at 180, which gives me 1 frame more than 641.

However after another infinite times of try, 180 chatters gives constantly 642 while 179 chatters(which should give me 641) gives me 667-668, WTF.

I can't do anything but keep trying, but I do have a save before I enter the house(which I didn't battle the trainers at all). Should I use that save instead and do that all over again?

The only thing I know now is my game hates me lol, it trolls all the frame to prevent me from getting my perfect shiny roamer dang.

RNG reporter calibration

When calibrating to find your seed, do u use the time u loaded the game, the time when u encountered the stationary pokemon or the time the game 'recognises' the pokemon has been caught or straight away after u return back to the area u were in after catching the pokemon

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
When calibrating to find your seed, do u use the time u loaded the game, the time when u encountered the stationary pokemon or the time the game 'recognises' the pokemon has been caught or straight away after u return back to the area u were in after catching the pokemon
I'll take this as finding your parameters? if so, you input the time you load the game.

It is my understanding that, in Black 2 and White 2 breeding, if a parent holds an Everstone there is now a 100% chance of the offspring inheriting the Nature of that parent, and that there is a high likelyhood that the offspring will also inherit the mother's Ability.
Is this true? If it is, how do you tell which frame you hit in RNG Reporter before picking up the Egg? Is there any possibility that RNG Reporter could be adapted to show the three stats a hatched Pokemon has that were not inherited from the parents? That would help things a lot, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)