5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

As far as I know, the timer0 belongs to the cartridge you use. The German version of Pokemon Black always (or very often) uses C78 for example.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh I thought you were only supposed to hit one Timer0, and hit the other one when you have keys pressed. So then, is there a way to sort of control which Timer0 you can get? Maybe hit A within the first half of the second to hit Timer0 x, and hit A within the second half of the second to hit Timer0 y? Or is it completely random which Timer0 you land on?

EDIT: So in either case, I guess it would help if I repeat the calibration process a lot to see which one I'm landing on frequently?
No, keypresses don't have anything to do with it. Just do the calibration process a few more times, try to be consistent with how you press A, and use whichever one comes up more often.

Is there anyone who can help me with RNGing Wonder Card Pokemon. I'm very new RNGing using the RNG Reporter I need some step by step help please.

Heh back once again:

- Using RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta
- Trying to RNG a Timid Virizion with HP Ice (31/31/31/31/31/30)
- Seed is 36DC0591C46F1F40, Frame 4, MAC Address 001AE90FD793
- Date is 04/19/11, Time is 10:58:28

Long story of trial and error:
Okay so this seems simple enough, and I feel ashamed that I can't do it, but I think my game's acting up. I can hatch eggs in a matter of minutes, and I managed to get my roamer okay. For some reason, stationary legend abuse is becoming harder than those. When I first did Terrakion and Kyurem a year ago, it was nothing. The last RNG I did was Landorus on a Frame 1 result, and it took an abnormally large amount of tries to get the right one. I had to change to a different seed at one point.
Now enter Virizion. I followed the seed above. I get two types of results: a Careful one with the right IVs, or a Timid one with poor IVs (meaning I didn't hit my seed). When I don't hit my seed, I realize that means that the Timer0 is acting up. I'm constantly missing my seed. The few times I do hit it, the result is always the same: Careful (regardless of whether I'm using a synchronizer or not). This type of situation kept happening with Landorus, but I changed seeds and got lucky and got what I wanted for Landy. Now I'm thinking I should try that again.
So I switched to seed 4BB23A66AC4452DF (Frame 12, 09/21/11, 06:14:15). Start up the game, do 11 chatot calls, and go for the catch. I get two different types of results, but the IVs are always wrong, so what the fuck?

I don't get why trying to get stationary legends has all of a sudden become such a brutal task. I feel like RNG Reporter is giving me the wrong information. I fucking give up, I'm tired, I probably won't ever use that Virizion. Can some figure out how to fix this?

EDIT: I always set min/max Timer0 to C7E. Sometimes I think it fluctuates up to C7F, but every time I RNG, I use results on C7E, and I always get what I want. Except for this time.
EDIT2: When I start my search, I always do 'IVs (Standard Seed)'. Should I be using PIDRNG as the method instead?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Heh back once again:

- Using RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta
- Trying to RNG a Timid Virizion with HP Ice (31/31/31/31/31/30)
- Seed is 36DC0591C46F1F40, Frame 4, MAC Address 001AE90FD793
- Date is 04/19/11, Time is 10:58:28

Long story of trial and error:
Okay so this seems simple enough, and I feel ashamed that I can't do it, but I think my game's acting up. I can hatch eggs in a matter of minutes, and I managed to get my roamer okay. For some reason, stationary legend abuse is becoming harder than those. When I first did Terrakion and Kyurem a year ago, it was nothing. The last RNG I did was Landorus on a Frame 1 result, and it took an abnormally large amount of tries to get the right one. I had to change to a different seed at one point.
Now enter Virizion. I followed the seed above. I get two types of results: a Careful one with the right IVs, or a Timid one with poor IVs (meaning I didn't hit my seed). When I don't hit my seed, I realize that means that the Timer0 is acting up. I'm constantly missing my seed. The few times I do hit it, the result is always the same: Careful (regardless of whether I'm using a synchronizer or not). This type of situation kept happening with Landorus, but I changed seeds and got lucky and got what I wanted for Landy. Now I'm thinking I should try that again.
So I switched to seed 4BB23A66AC4452DF (Frame 12, 09/21/11, 06:14:15). Start up the game, do 11 chatot calls, and go for the catch. I get two different types of results, but the IVs are always wrong, so what the fuck?

I don't get why trying to get stationary legends has all of a sudden become such a brutal task. I feel like RNG Reporter is giving me the wrong information. I fucking give up, I'm tired, I probably won't ever use that Virizion. Can some figure out how to fix this?

EDIT: I always set min/max Timer0 to C7E. Sometimes I think it fluctuates up to C7F, but every time I RNG, I use results on C7E, and I always get what I want. Except for this time.
EDIT2: When I start my search, I always do 'IVs (Standard Seed)'. Should I be using PIDRNG as the method instead?
Sounds like you aren't advancing the PID frame. Your starting frame is Careful non-sync, but the next frame is synchable, so try one save or Chatot and it should work.

On a side note unrelated to your RNG, I'd suggest searching for 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 instead, so that you don't lose the speed tie to other base 108s.
What method would you select in the time finder if you are RNG'ing for a gift Pokémon?
Method: IVs (Standard Seed), Encounter Type: Gift.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So is there no way of controlling the PIDRNG for gift pokémon?
Same way you control the PID for stationary/wild capture. Check the shiny box if you want it to be shiny; if you don't or it can't be, then just put your seed into the main window and look for the first PID frame that has all the stuff you want.

I'm sure you get posts like this all the time "I'm new to rng/prng and I'm having trouble". Well I've lurked and researched and I can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong.

I made a quick image
http://i.imgur.com/HF24g.png
of my setup.(ignore the eontimer app.)

I can get the natures and the IVs correct every time but not the shiny factor. Never works with Cobalion. What am I doing wrong?

I don't have my secret ID or anything :/
not sure if It'd be worth restarting to get it if that's the only way I can get shiny pokemon.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
If you don't have your SID, it's not possible to get shiny Pokémon (aside from the usual random chance). The way you have it set up now, it will search for shinies as though your ID and SID were both 0. There are basically two ways to find your SID in Gen 5: use an AR code, or upload a Pokémon to Pokécheck (or if you can't do either of those, trade one of your Pokémon to someone who can).

If you don't have your SID, it's not possible to get shiny Pokémon (aside from the usual random chance). The way you have it set up now, it will search for shinies as though your ID and SID were both 0. There are basically two ways to find your SID in Gen 5: use an AR code, or upload a Pokémon to Pokécheck (or if you can't do either of those, trade one of your Pokémon to someone who can).
Ok did the poke check and I caught a shiny durant! woot! Thanks for the quick response.

Yesterday I bred a shiny scyther, but the IV spread doesn't fit (only Defense IV is wrong). I know how to use the reporter and I did everything right, everything fits (nature, ability, gender) except for the Defense IV. There are no other shiny frames in range.
If I am back home, I will first look for the PIDFrame list of the seeds at +-3 secs (even if I am quite sure I hit my seed, as the frame, Chatot pitches etc. perfectly fitted) and then look up the PID and compare it to the one provided by the reporter, if it is the same, I don't get why the time finder gives me a wrong IV spread (I properly inserted the right IVs of the parents, it looks like the Def IV was passed by the father, scizor, but it could be fluke). I am using 9.96 Alpha.

Oh and by the way: Is there any chance of Zekrom/Reshiram being shiny in Black 2 / White 2? Or is there still the shiny lock function that skips shiny PIDFrames?

Greetings,

Yesterday I bred a shiny scyther, but the IV spread doesn't fit (only Defense IV is wrong). I know how to use the reporter and I did everything right, everything fits (nature, ability, gender) except for the Defense IV. There are no other shiny frames in range.
If I am back home, I will first look for the PIDFrame list of the seeds at +-3 secs (even if I am quite sure I hit my seed, as the frame, Chatot pitches etc. perfectly fitted) and then look up the PID and compare it to the one provided by the reporter, if it is the same, I don't get why the time finder gives me a wrong IV spread (I properly inserted the right IVs of the parents, it looks like the Def IV was passed by the father, scizor, but it could be fluke). I am using 9.96 Alpha.

Oh and by the way: Is there any chance of Zekrom/Reshiram being shiny in Black 2 / White 2? Or is there still the shiny lock function that skips shiny PIDFrames?

Greetings,
In the time finder, did you make sure that you checked Ditto Parent or International Parent if you're using one?

No, Zekrom and Reshiram still have the shiny lock.

I have a question for when RNG Reporter supports B2/W2 breeding. When you breed a male or genderless pokemon with a Ditto, is the inherited ability (Ability 0/Ability 1) likelihood determined by the male/genderless parent or by the Ditto? I'm going to have to look for an extra perfect IV Ditto if the latter is true.

I have a question for when RNG Reporter supports B2/W2 breeding. When you breed a male or genderless pokemon with a Ditto, is the inherited ability (Ability 0/Ability 1) likelihood determined by the male/genderless parent or by the Ditto? I'm going to have to look for an extra perfect IV Ditto if the latter is true.
rng breeding in BW2 is screwed up...i dont think it will support in the future unless the US version comes with a different coding which is not likely...
so best choice is stick to BW breeding...:(

In the time finder, did you make sure that you checked Ditto Parent or International Parent if you're using one?

No, Zekrom and Reshiram still have the shiny lock.
I checked both "Ditto Parent" and "International Parent", as I use a Japanese Ditto and a German Scizor. The IVs of those two are flawless for Ditto and 28/31/19/25/19/31 (Speed last stat). I added screenshots of the time finder results and the main window of the Reporter.

Time Finder Results:

Main Window:

Excerpt of the Statlog of IR-GTS:

Sichlor: Shiny!
Lv 1 Adamant Scyther with Technician (Female)

OT: Exabytz, ID: 06181, Secret ID: 38562
Holding: Nothing, Happiness: 120
Hidden Power: Ice-type, 70 Base Power

Attacks: Vacuum Wave Quick Attack
Leer None

IVs: HP 31, Atk 31, Def 19, SpA 30, SpD 31, Spe 31
EVs: HP 0, Atk 0, Def 0, SpA 0, SpD 0, Spe 0, Total 0

Oh and the PID perfectly fits (checked with PokeGen).
Edit: I rebred the Scyther with a new seed and got the same freaking problem again. It should be flawless, but it has 28-29 HP and the rest perfectly fits.. -.-
Using 9.96 Alpha 6..

I checked both "Ditto Parent" and "International Parent", as I use a Japanese Ditto and a German Scizor. The IVs of those two are flawless for Ditto and 28/31/19/25/19/31 (Speed last stat). I added screenshots of the time finder results and the main window of the Reporter.

Time Finder Results:

Main Window:

Excerpt of the Statlog of IR-GTS:

Sichlor: Shiny!
Lv 1 Adamant Scyther with Technician (Female)

OT: Exabytz, ID: 06181, Secret ID: 38562
Holding: Nothing, Happiness: 120
Hidden Power: Ice-type, 70 Base Power

Attacks: Vacuum Wave Quick Attack
Leer None

IVs: HP 31, Atk 31, Def 19, SpA 30, SpD 31, Spe 31
EVs: HP 0, Atk 0, Def 0, SpA 0, SpD 0, Spe 0, Total 0

Oh and the PID perfectly fits (checked with PokeGen).
Edit: I rebred the Scyther with a new seed and got the same freaking problem again. It should be flawless, but it has 28-29 HP and the rest perfectly fits.. -.-
Using 9.96 Alpha 6..
Hmm, that's strange. Try updating to 9.96 Alpha 17 and see if you get the same problem. I'm really not sure what could be wrong.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is there a way I can RNG pokerus? I want to have 100% legit pokerus for when I try to EV train.
Technically possible, but since the check happens at the end of the battle, it's on the level of RNGing Tornadus/Thundurus at the E4. Might be doable on emulator, but don't bother, just get Pokérus from somebody else.

Hmm, that's strange. Try updating to 9.96 Alpha 17 and see if you get the same problem. I'm really not sure what could be wrong.
Unfortunately not possible to me, as my OS is WinXP and it demands a version of .NET Framework not accessable for WinXP.
By the way I checked the HP IV and it is 28, which is the same value again like my scizor. I think the Reporter does some mistakes at choosing which stats are inherited or so.. I'll just grab an older version again, I can live without multiple profiles (though the Reporter doesn't properly work at my friend's PC and I can't easily grab his results at my Reporter, too xD). And by now I can live with 28 HP, flawless would look better, but that's really decent, too (28/5*31). ^^

Greetings,

Having problems learning how to do Entralink RNG abuse. I've done 4th gen abuse before so I have some experience hitting delays and whatnot, but the problem I have is when trying to calibrate.
I have the Seed to Time finder set up like the picture in the tutorial tells me to, but when I search for the Pokemon's IVs I get no result. Any help?
I'm trying to RNG an Arceus in the Forest Clearing, with seed 73CEF276 if it helps. Making sure to soft-reset when I start the game as I'm on a retail White cart

Hi, need some help with RNG abusing my roamer in Black (Tornadus). I've been doing some trials, and I am having trouble figuring out what my shifted starting frame is. Target IV spread is 31/31/31/31/31/31.

Details:
Seed - 7541AAD0E8D3DD36
2/19/2012
12:43:36
C7C
B-R-Y

Results:
0 Chatot Calls
Lonely (Mischievous): (499), 550, 646, 708, (813)
Sassy (Often Dozes Off): 585, 611, 666

10 Chatot Calls
Lax (Alert to Sounds): (533), 628, 721
Relaxed: (Alert to Sounds): 568, 583, 602, 616, 691, (847)

Notes: Season is summer, so I was looking between frames 550 and 750, numbers in ( ) are outside of that range but close.

Looking for any insights / advice so I can get this project over with -__-

Having problems learning how to do Entralink RNG abuse. I've done 4th gen abuse before so I have some experience hitting delays and whatnot, but the problem I have is when trying to calibrate.
I have the Seed to Time finder set up like the picture in the tutorial tells me to, but when I search for the Pokemon's IVs I get no result. Any help?
I'm trying to RNG an Arceus in the Forest Clearing, with seed 73CEF276 if it helps. Making sure to soft-reset when I start the game as I'm on a retail White cart
What search values do you have in the Seed to Time? Try to make the +/- Delay and +/- Seconds wider, and make sure the min/max frames also have a wide range. I would try +/-999 delay, +/-5 seconds, and min frame 21 and max 30.

Hi, need some help with RNG abusing my roamer in Black (Tornadus). I've been doing some trials, and I am having trouble figuring out what my shifted starting frame is. Target IV spread is 31/31/31/31/31/31.

Details:
Seed - 7541AAD0E8D3DD36
2/19/2012
12:43:36
C7C
B-R-Y

Results:
0 Chatot Calls
Lonely (Mischievous): (499), 550, 646, 708, (813)
Sassy (Often Dozes Off): 585, 611, 666

10 Chatot Calls
Lax (Alert to Sounds): (533), 628, 721
Relaxed: (Alert to Sounds): 568, 583, 602, 616, 691, (847)

Notes: Season is summer, so I was looking between frames 550 and 750, numbers in ( ) are outside of that range but close.

Looking for any insights / advice so I can get this project over with -__-
What is your target PID Frame? It is pretty hard to find an SSF, but since it's summer and there's no thunder like there is with Thundurus, I would say your SSF is either 550 or 585, maybe 499. I would try advancing the PID frame by 1 to see what you hit, and then compare those to what you got with 0 calls and see which ones are the closest. (if that makes sense)

When you start adding Chatot advancements things start to get pretty random and you can't really use a simple subtraction problem to figure out how many advancements you need, so hitting a target PID is mostly up to luck. Just try advancing by different numbers and see what you can get. That's all I can say to help :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)