5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

There probably are a few things that may advance the PID frame that is not listed in the on-site guide, or we are mistaken.

Let's say, or starting frame is 42 and we need to reach 62. Depending on the circumstance of obtaining the Pokemon, the number of steps need to advance the PID frame may differ, at least when I am doing this.

Fishing Rod - 20 steps
Gift Pokemon - 19 steps?
Sweet Scent - 19 steps?
Breeding - 19 steps (assuming this very starting frame)?

There are no WNPCs in those areas but in the last one. Unfortunately we have to Stationary Pokemon let to check that one. But does that mean that Sweet Scent and talking to NPC advances the frame by one? We just want to be sure because it is nowhere mentioned.

There probably are a few things that may advance the PID frame that is not listed in the on-site guide, or we are mistaken.

Let's say, or starting frame is 42 and we need to reach 62. Depending on the circumstance of obtaining the Pokemon, the number of steps need to advance the PID frame may differ, at least when I am doing this.

Fishing Rod - 20 steps
Gift Pokemon - 19 steps?
Sweet Scent - 19 steps?

There are no WNPCs in those areas but in the last one. Unfortunately we have to Stationary Pokemon let to check that one. But does that mean that Sweet Scent and talking to NPC advances the frame by one? We just want to be sure because it is nowhere mentioned.
yes they advance the frame by 1. also the first person plural is really throwing me off...

Does that mean that talking to stationary Pokemon advance the frame, too?
And those frame advancements should be documented somewhere for future reference.

I am "The One", she is "The Other One" and together we are two. It would be rude of me not to refer to us in plural when we are both asking.

Does that mean that talking to stationary Pokemon advance the frame, too?
And those frame advancements should be documented somewhere for future reference.

I am "The One", she is "The Other One" and together we are two. It would be rude of me not to refer to us in plural when we are both asking.

I think it is mentioned in one of the many guides. generally when you advance the frame (target-initial) times, it will get you to the (target-1) frame. sweet scent and talking will advance you to the target frame.

also note that if you sweet scent in an area with wNPCs, their movement during the sweet scent animation can also advance the PID by more than 1.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Fishing Rod - 20 steps
Gift Pokemon - 19 steps?
Sweet Scent - 19 steps?

You mean Chatters, right? You'd want to do 20 for all of those if there are no NPCs in the area (Reporter automatically accounts for the extra advancements for fishing, and the others don't cause any extra advancements). If there are NPCs, then they won't advance the frame consistently on different attempts and you'll have to figure out it manually (or use Chatot pitches) anyway.

So I have the parameters set for the game/DS and the seed found for a timid Virizion with 30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70.

I hit my timer0 because all my pitches match and the end result is always timid.

But every time the IV's are god awful. I did specify my IV's when I generated my results and found my starting frame.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
So I have the parameters set for the game/DS and the seed found for a timid Virizion with 30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70.

I hit my timer0 because all my pitches match and the end result is always timid.

But every time the IV's are god awful. I did specify my IV's when I generated my results and found my starting frame.
What IV frame is the 30/31/30/31/31/31 on?

You mean Chatters, right? You'd want to do 20 for all of those if there are no NPCs in the area (Reporter automatically accounts for the extra advancements for fishing, and the others don't cause any extra advancements). If there are NPCs, then they won't advance the frame consistently on different attempts and you'll have to figure out it manually (or use Chatot pitches) anyway.
In theory, I have to advance the frame 20 in every case (let's exclude the breeding one)? For me, that's right for the fishing one - Undella Town, advanced 20 times, then cast the rod. To reproduce the result with Sweet Scent (Lostlorn Forest) and the Gift Pokemon (Magikarp, Marvelous Bridge) we had to advance 19 times, then Sweet Scent or talk with the fence.

You said the other ones doesn't cause extra advancements the Reporter have to consider? Either I am just too careless or I have no idea to cofigue the Reporter correctly.

Edit: I did check the Roamer Released box, so that is not an option.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
In theory, I have to advance the frame 20 in every case (let's exclude the breeding one)? For me, that's right for the fishing one - Undella Town, advanced 20 times, then cast the rod. To reproduce the result with Sweet Scent (Lostlorn Forest) and the Gift Pokemon (Magikarp, Marvelous Bridge) we had to advance 19 times, then Sweet Scent or talk with the fence.

You said the other ones doesn't cause extra advancements the Reporter have to consider? Either I am just too careless or I have no idea to cofigue the Reporter correctly.

Edit: I did check the Roamer Released box, so that is not an option.
You should always do the exact number of advancements from target - initial (20 in this case) if there are no NPCs. RNG Reporter automatically accounts for any extra advancements from the type.

And just to make sure you're doing it right, the "Roamer Released" box should only be checked if your roamer is actively out on the map, not if you released it and then caught/KO'd it.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
85. And the starting frame is 45.
One of two scenarios:

1. You're talking about PID frames (hopefully)
2. You actually are talking about an IV frame of 85 (are you crazy?!?)

It does sound like you're confusing IV frame and PID frame. Perhaps post a pic or post the info of the seed?

Fishing Rod - 20 steps
Gift Pokemon - 19 steps?
Sweet Scent - 19 steps?

Encounter Type makes a difference on where the Target PID frame is. Try changing that in RNG Reporter and check where your target ends up.

One of two scenarios:

1. You're talking about PID frames (hopefully)
2. You actually are talking about an IV frame of 85 (are you crazy?!?)

It does sound like you're confusing IV frame and PID frame. Perhaps post a pic or post the info of the seed?
I saw frame, and skipped over the IV part.

On the Time Generator the IV Frame is 899.

The PID Frame is what I posted on the last post. I am in a bit of a rush for work right now so I'll post the screen cap after work.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I saw frame, and skipped over the IV part.

On the Time Generator the IV Frame is 899.

The PID Frame is what I posted on the last post. I am in a bit of a rush for work right now so I'll post the screen cap after work.
You are mad. Why are you searching for an IV frame that high?!? The only ways to advance the IV frame are:

Advancing the frame:
Moving 128 steps with Z Pokémon in your party.
- Advances the frame by Z.
Moving a Pokémon to your party from the PC Box (Withdraw/Move)
- Advances the frame by 7.
Engaging in a battle.
- Advances at approximately 120 frames per second. Requires Frame Check code to pull off.
- This is how you hit frames above 1000. You probably will not have to hit these frames.
IV frame of 1 is what your searches should search, range of 1-6 if you're desperate, IV frame of 21 for Pokemon in Entralink BW, and IV frame of 25 for Pokemon in Entralink BW2.

And I used the Chatot Pitches for the last two RNG projects I had, Cobalion and Terrakion (IV's are in signature). So I know I had it right the first time.

EDIT:
The frame was 1:1000.

Okay, I know how I messed up. :I

Thank you. It's only been a week since I started. Even so, it was a careless mistake.

Okay, I am back with the last issue about my PID frame.

The last time the starting frame the RNG Reporter gave me for Sweet Scent and gift Pokemon had been always one frame too low (oddly, the starting frame for fishing was right). I had my Roamer released, and checked "Roamer Released" accordingly.

Now that I have got rid of my Roamer and unchecked "Roamer Released", the frame advancement works all according to plan like voodoo pimp described.

So, whenever I check Roamer Released, the starting frame increased by one in the RNG Reporter. In my case though it appears that my starting frame was shifted by two in the game. That, or I am just plain stupid.
No, really, does anyone have an idea how that happened? Maybe someone who hasn't caught the roamer yet?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So, whenever I check Roamer Released, the starting frame increased by one in the RNG Reporter. In my case though it appears that my starting frame was shifted by two in the game. That, or I am just plain stupid.
No, really, does anyone have an idea how that happened? Maybe someone who hasn't caught the roamer yet?
In 4th gen, roamers can advance an extra frame if the first RNG call puts them on the route they were on when you last saved (for some reason, the game requires them to start on a different route). Perhaps the same thing also happens in 5th gen?

Does the DS Parameter finder work the same way for BW2? It's not finding any of my seeds.

I'm using a Japanese White 2 save file with an AP-patched English White 2 ROM on a CylcloDS flashcart, and I'm totally willing to believe that it's one of those three things that's the problem

[Edit: DS Parameter finder worked fine using a retail cart. Ah well...]

I'm trying to breed a shiny in my Black Version for a friend, but I can't find the shifted starting frame for some reason.

Every seed I hit is completely different from what the Reporter says it should be, and I couldn't find any matches using the adjacent seed tool either.

I know my DS parameters are correct because I've RNG'd before with the same DS and cartridge.

Is there something I'm overlooking here?

@Kodesmi

I've never had any luck with the starting frames in RNG Reporter. My advice would be to make sure your minimum advance is at least 10 or so and use chatot pitches to find the frame you really hit.

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. It's my first time trying to use RNG, and I've had several attempts and they are all failing. Sorry if this is long.

I have the latest version of RNG reporter. My DS MAC address is 0024F37E10F1
I'm trying to capture a wild Pupitar with certain IVs and Nature in Black 2 (English).
I obtained my parameters as indicated in the guides in the first post, and successfully got one to use. When using it with the time finder, I plugged in slots 6, 8, 10, because they have pupitar, and 31 IVs in each stat except Sp.A., which I didn't care about, as well as choosing Adamant nature.
I saved on Route 15 where I could view no NPCs, and then proceeded to change my DS clock to the indicated date of Jan 25 2013. My target time was 08:51:43, so when I reached that point on the DS clock, I started the game.

My frame was 6, and my seed was 902BEBEB95E2DB1B. I did the required steps to add 5 frames, and then encountered a pupitar in the grass. It's Nature was Docile, it was capable of taking hits, and was at lvl 55 with the IVs 19/16-17/31/27-28/13-14/0-1.

Any ideas? Am I doing something obviously dumb? Thanks.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I can't seem to find the information anywhere. How do I calibrate my game in Black 2 White2, using RNG reporter? I want to rng some of my legendaries.

religiousjedi

Old man.
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I can't seem to find the information anywhere. How do I calibrate my game in Black 2 White2, using RNG reporter? I want to rng some of my legendaries.
Same way as in Black/White. Unova Link is another way, but as far as I know, only PPRNG supports it right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)