5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

OK I thought so, but thanks for clarifying.

When you were looking to catch Latias, how did you verify that you hit your seed? Did you load your game and immediately start using Chatots and hoped you hit it? Or did you catch it once before to verify the IVs, then reloaded the game?

If you have good ear you can use Chatots pitches to know if you hitted your Timer0, since I don't have a trained ear I use the built-in pokedex IV checker on RNG Reporter. This is actually the best option because that latias is on a high level.

About reloading the game, if you do a soft reset (start + select + A + B) you will mess up with your frames and cannot be able to keep track of them. If you do a hard reset (turning the DS off then on), you will start with a ramdom timer0 and need to hit your seed all over again.

Time0 trolling is common in B/W2 and aside from that there is a WNPC in dreamyard (but he will almost always advance the same number of frames) so have patience. Last I will tell you that it took me 2 WEEKS to RNG the Haxorus on Nature Presserve but took me ONE try to RNG Registeel, so have patience and you will succeed.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You can verify your seed by using the pitches. Or if you don't have to make that many advances just do them and hope for the best; if it shines you got it if not then no.

About reloading the game, if you do a soft reset (start + select + A + B) you will mess up with your frames and cannot be able to keep track of them. If you do a hard reset (turning the DS off then on), you will start with a ramdom timer0 and need to hit your seed all over again.

Do you mind explaining this a bit more? Because it sounds like you're saying both a soft and hard reset forces you to re-calibrate your information. I'm using a 3DS, so I've been hitting the Home button to reset my game, which I assumed was equivalent to a hard reset. If I am doing a hard reset, does that mean I need to try to calculate my timer0 all over again? Or will it just change to another common Timer0 for my DS and I just have to make a guess (I've been seeing a lot of 167D, but a few 1672 values also)?

Thanks for all the responses everyone btw

Ok, gonna explain it the clearer I can :-)

Your parameters are ALWAYS the same (the only one that change it your timer0 but the others stay the same) unless you switch you DS/Cartridge combo, being this the only time you need to re-search your parameters.

I don't own a 3DS but i assume that hitting the home buttom is like a soft reset, you need to actually turn off your 3DS after you hitted a wrong seed/timer0. Since we both are unsure about the home buttom just turn it off for a fresh try.

What the game do when you hard reset is start with a timer0 (can be the same of the last time, can be a different one), so you don't need to research for a seed just hope this time you hit your timer0.

If you are just annoyed after countless try and failures you can always search for a new seed using the second (or third if you're feeling fancy) most common timer0.

In my case, I RNG using my most common timer0 but there are times when I could'nt find a good spread with that timer0 and just switch is to a less common one. Maybe takes more tries, maybe less.

OK that makes more sense. Thank for you taking the time to type that out :)

Edit: All your information helped out a lot. I've been patient with it, and have managed to hit the seed a couple times since the last post! Unfortunately I think the WNPC is throwing off my frames between my chatot pitches and when I try to move forward to meet Latias :(

Going to keep trying, but stopping one-two frames short and seeing where that gets me. Unless someone knows a way to calculate PIDs without using pokecheck (I don't want to save my game unless it's shiny).

Anyway, thanks again!

If you are going for a shiny one, you don't need to know the PID. If you are hitting your seed then your latias have both shininess and your IV's spread. In my case the WNPC advanced the PIDRNG by 3 frames but i know of people that got more advances. I may suggest you to catch one without doing any advances (without using chatot) to see how many advances you need to account for. Make the adjusment and retry.

If you are going for a shiny one, you don't need to know the PID. If you are hitting your seed then your latias have both shininess and your IV's spread. In my case the WNPC advanced the PIDRNG by 3 frames but i know of people that got more advances. I may suggest you to catch one without doing any advances (without using chatot) to see how many advances you need to account for. Make the adjusment and retry.

I did notice the initial frame was advanced by 4, but I was able to spot the advancement and counted from there. I just think I need to make another adjustment to stop the pitches 1/2 short of my target, because I believe the WNPC is moving the frames when I try to move forward. For example, last night I verified that I was on the right seed through matching the Chatot pitches, and counted from there until I hit my target of 109. But when I engaged Latias, it wasn't shiny, and the nature seems to indicate I went over 1-3 frames.

Going to try again and see where if I can beat that WNPC!

OK I thought so, but thanks for clarifying.

When you were looking to catch Latias, how did you verify that you hit your seed? Did you load your game and immediately start using Chatots and hoped you hit it? Or did you catch it once before to verify the IVs, then reloaded the game?
I immediately started listening to the chatot pitches.

I have a question regarding Entralink abuse in B2/W2.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.6. Alpha, and I would like to know the IV Frame advancements for turning on the C-Gear in game. I have read elsewhere the frame will be advanced to 26, and so I should set the IV filters to search on frame 26, is this correct?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I have a question regarding Entralink abuse in B2/W2.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.6. Alpha, and I would like to know the IV Frame advancements for turning on the C-Gear in game. I have read elsewhere the frame will be advanced to 26, and so I should set the IV filters to search on frame 26, is this correct?
You would set the IVs to search from frame 25. You can do a range of 25-30 if you want to use the 128-step counter to advance the IVs. You can do the steps prior to turning on the C-Gear.

In Sephirona's guide to B/W C-Gear RNG, it says to use the seconds value found in "Generate more times", however, I'm using very different versions of RNG Reporter and Eon Timer, should my target seconds be "Date/Time" or "C-Gear Date/Time" in "Entralink Seed Search" or is it still the seconds value found in "Generate more times"? EDIT: Figured his out, thanks Religious Jedi!

RNG Reporter version: 9.96 [#smogonwifi alpha 10] (I have Windows XP so this is the best I can use for now)
Attempting: Entralink capture
Target Seed: FF2BC468 in Time Finder hex; 253A9B551B89DF00 in Entralink Seed Search
Target Frame: 116-119 (min 4 cluster)
Seed Delay: 2761
IV Frame: 23
DS Mac Address: 9BF2AB9A2

Also, the Target Frame cluster is different in the Main Window, according to Entralink Seed Search, frames 116-119 are the same nature, however, they are moved down by one in the Main Window now 117-120. I have the Method down as Gen 5 PIDRNG and the Encounter Type as Entralink Pokemon with no synchronizer, did I omit any data?
EDIT: Fixed this part, thank you Tsubame.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Umm, how about not forgetting the gender ratio & the gender of your target? ^_^
Like for example your target is female eevee, choose the Female (87.5% male 12.5% female) from the dropdown, above the DS Parameters Search button.

Is anyone familiar with RNGing swarm Pokémon? I would like to RNG a Tyrogue on Black but I am not sure how that would work. Would I be correct in assuming that there is no way to force it to appear and that I'd have to wait for that to happen naturally? And when it does how do I go about RNGing it? I looked at eggmove.com's Black encounter slots but didn't see anything that would tell me which slot swarm Pokémon appear in, so how does one figure that out? Thanks in advance for any answers.

NOTE: I use PPRNG if that makes any difference.

How early in the game can you find your parameters in White? And is it possible to get a Chatot before getting the C-Gear? I want to RNG that gift monkey.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you use Pokecheck, you can upload Pokemon immediately after getting the first gym badge (well, after getting the C-Gear). At that same point, you can download a Chatot (since the gift monkey isn't a mandatory gift), and then RNG it.

If you use Pokecheck, you can upload Pokemon immediately after getting the first gym badge (well, after getting the C-Gear). At that same point, you can download a Chatot (since the gift monkey isn't a mandatory gift), and then RNG it.
Wait, you don't have to get it before the gym? Wow, thanks. That's so helpful.

Hi, =) I need some help with capturing a wild pokemon in a fishing bubble.

I've been trying to capture a shiny Feebas in Pokemon White, using my DS Lite.

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96, and found my seed using capture method IVs(Standard Seed),
Encounter Type: Wild Pokemon (Bubble Spot). The RNG Reporter says the bubble spot is "possible."
I'm on Route 1, so I figured because of WNPC's, I have a Shifted Starting Frame. So I pinpointed my current PIDRNG frame through Chatot's pitches.

Even when I have the right PID frame, I see no bubble in the water for me to fish in. =o What else can I do to make this work?

Any help, or references to a knowledge base for Wild Pokemon RNG specifically in the water, is greatly appreciated! ^^ -Noctis

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
don't bubble spots work similar to dust clouds? if so, you would need to move until the bubble appears. you can now imagine how complicated this can get if there are WNPCs in the area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)