5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

PIDRNG has now been confirmed with BW2孵化乱数用ツール.
https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=6856623
https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=6831299

Note that here the Nature of the egg is determined together with IV rng, while PID only tells shininess/gender, iirc

There are several Wnpcs in the area;
With repeated testing I have found an advancement of 6 works well for me when you go out of the room then immediately turn to the Man by holding the left and A button.
For greater fault tolerance there is always the option of searching for consecutive shiny PID frames, although without Masuda and/or Charm those may be very rare.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's nice that you've put all the effort into figuring this out, and bringing it to our attention, but realistically, it most likely won't ever be implemented into RNG Reporter/PPRNG.

It's nice that you've put all the effort into figuring this out, and bringing it to our attention, but realistically, it most likely won't ever be implemented into RNG Reporter/PPRNG.
I agree when even I myself am now trying to RNG bw1 even on emulator, after not hitting a timer0 in bw2 in two hours.

Having a bit of trouble; when I go into time finder it wants me to enter a profile. There is nothing in the tutorial to say what to do. Can someone please help?

Having a bit of trouble; when I go into time finder it wants me to enter a profile. There is nothing in the tutorial to say what to do. Can someone please help?
have you calibrated yet?
If so just input the info they are asking (time0 and stuff). If no follow one of the several guides to do so.

I am having EXTREME difficulty RNGing Uxie in Black 2. I can't even seem to find the starting frame, it changes constantly. Could someone please help me.

I am having EXTREME difficulty RNGing Uxie in Black 2. I can't even seem to find the starting frame, it changes constantly. Could someone please help me.
There are quite a few randomly moving NPCs in there so you pretty much need to listen to Chatot chatter in order to determine your frame. To make it easier, you should take a good test sound.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
IIRC there are at least 7 WNPCs in BW2 Nacrene.
And yeah, to compound that, there are at least 6 Timer0s :p
If I were you, write down the first 30-36 chatters for the target RNG in a piece of paper, and every time you check the chatters for every RNG attempt, check if the chatters you hear matches somehow a segment of chatters you wrote down on the paper.

For example the target chatters are 12231255413222443115, and you did hear 255413222443, then more likely you did hear it because the chatter you hear matches 12231255413222443115.
In my example, 1 = Low... 5 = High
Hope that's enough :)

Last edited:
Just use the save progress spinner test, if u have difficulties with chatot (or simply dont want to)
Yes I KNOW you need to do it really fast re-entering the menu between each save, or the wnpcs will still move each time you return to the overworld
but if your pid frame is far away (50+, which is common assuming you want it shiny), skipping occasionally a few frames don't really matter at all.

I've been out of the RNG abuse scene for a while. Was Dream Radar abuse ever figured out? I heard it was done on PPRNG, but that doesn't work on Windows right?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've been out of the RNG abuse scene for a while. Was Dream Radar abuse ever figured out? I heard it was done on PPRNG, but that doesn't work on Windows right?
There's a guide for doing Dream Radar abuse on RNG Reporter out there. Google is your friend.

You can also use PPRNG on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad if you have one, but it will cost you a dollar (or your local equivalent) to unlock the Dream Radar functionality.

There's a guide for doing Dream Radar abuse on RNG Reporter out there. Google is your friend.

You can also use PPRNG on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad if you have one, but it will cost you a dollar (or your local equivalent) to unlock the Dream Radar functionality.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to find the online guide as I'm one of the few people who never got an iDevice.

I don't know if this has been asked before (since the search function won't let me search for 2DS), but is 5th Gen RNG abuse possible on a 2DS? The A button on my DS Lite is sketchy, and I'd much prefer to use my 2DS.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I don't know if this has been asked before (since the search function won't let me search for 2DS), but is 5th Gen RNG abuse possible on a 2DS? The A button on my DS Lite is sketchy, and I'd much prefer to use my 2DS.
I don't whether anyone's tried it or not, but I would expect it to be the same as a 3DS, so you should choose the 3DS option. Let us know whether it works or not, please.

Ugh, I miss my brick DS. I found my parameters on 2DS, but the timer0 is so inconsistent. I almost always had the same timer0 on my brick DS. :(

Okay, folks. I seriously need help.

I'm trying to use RNG Reporter to get perfect IVs on my Wonder Cards in White and White 2.

But I followed the entire tutorial on both Smogon AND NuggetBridge, and it didn't work.

Someone in IRC said it might have something to do with timer0 or something like that.

Can anyone tell me what to do to get this working? Thank you in advance.

(BTW, I'm using 9.95, because 9.96.5 kept crashing on me)

Can you please be more specific?
- Which game are you trying first, White or White 2?
- Why you say is not working? aren't you getting the rights EV or IV? wrong nature? (also the method depends on which wondercard are you trying to abuse)
- Did you checked your calibration?
- Are you using Eon timer to hit your seed? (or calibration)
- On what system are you trying the RNG? (DS, Lite, DSi, 3DS)
- Also which lenguage are your games? (as far as i know they are still working on the RNG of Korean games, but you can help us in this one!)

If you could post a pic of the time finder, your calibration page and/or RNG main window we will be more useful to you.

Can you please be more specific?
- Which game are you trying first, White or White 2?
- Why you say is not working? aren't you getting the rights EV or IV? wrong nature? (also the method depends on which wondercard are you trying to abuse)
- Did you checked your calibration?
- Are you using Eon timer to hit your seed? (or calibration)
- On what system are you trying the RNG? (DS, Lite, DSi, 3DS)
- Also which lenguage are your games? (as far as i know they are still working on the RNG of Korean games, but you can help us in this one!)

If you could post a pic of the time finder, your calibration page and/or RNG main window we will be more useful to you.
To answer your questions in rapid succession....

- White
- Both the IVs AND Nature were wrong. (I was using it on the Meloetta card even though I thought I had Keldeo in there)
- Yes, I checked my calibration. (Though I think it might have gotten screwed up somehow, so I'm trying it again)
- No, I did not use the Eon timer, because they said I didn't need it for 5th gen
- I am using a DS Lite
- English

At any rate, I'm trying this again with 9.96.5, since I actually got it to run without crashing. I THINK I got it calibrated right, but this whole thing's so damn complicated I'll probably never be sure.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
To answer your questions in rapid succession....

- White
- Both the IVs AND Nature were wrong. (I was using it on the Meloetta card even though I thought I had Keldeo in there)
- Yes, I checked my calibration. (Though I think it might have gotten screwed up somehow, so I'm trying it again)
- No, I did not use the Eon timer, because they said I didn't need it for 5th gen
- I am using a DS Lite
- English

At any rate, I'm trying this again with 9.96.5, since I actually got it to run without crashing. I THINK I got it calibrated right, but this whole thing's so damn complicated I'll probably never be sure.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Chances are you didn't hit your Timer0 that much.
On a DS Lite, the common one for White 1 is C7F, so try using that. And chatots are useful too.

Or if it isn't the Timer0 problem, it could've been the actual starting frame being minus 2 from that being displayed in Reporter (? might be a bug in Reporter)

Chances are you didn't hit your Timer0 that much.
On a DS Lite, the common one for White 1 is C7F, so try using that. And chatots are useful too.

Or if it isn't the Timer0 problem, it could've been the actual starting frame being minus 2 from that being displayed in Reporter (? might be a bug in Reporter)
I tried it again last night with some help from #smogonwifi, and got the wrong IVs.

But it turns out I had it set for Standard Method by mistake.

So, I tried running it again with Wondercard Method. And this time, I didn't get a single seed.

Here's the screenshot of the settings I used.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Just that there isnt actually a 6v spread found within the time interval you selected.
Either try another year (it may take well over 5 years for a single wild 6v pokemon to appear), or loosen your iv standard such as >30 for all but speed, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)