it varies on your consistency

BW
DS
1-3

3DS
? probably 2-3

but if it BW2
it is a small range
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that my question pertains to BW2. How many different timer0 values should I expect for each model of DS on them?

I know the answer is in here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I think Timer0 is comprised of The MAC address, the time you start the game (fractions of milliseconds), and the device you use.

I know typically for me, at least on one ds for Black2
Vframe 6
VCount 82
Timer0 1105-1107 (but I hit 1105 often so I look for seeds with 1105)

For experience I can tell you if you use the same game on different NDS-es, you timer0 may change slightly from one DS to another

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What are the GxStat, VCount, and VFrame for B2 and W2 on a DS Lite?
VCount varies; not only from one console/cartridge combination to another, but sometimes slightly varying on the same console/cartridge combo.
If it helps however, mine's 82 on a DSLite with a retail White 2 (English) cartridge.

VFrame (I believe) is fixed at 6 for DS Lite if you're hard resetting (booting from home screen rather than soft resetting).

GxStat should be 0x60000000 if you're hard resetting, however this might just be denoted as 6 in RNG Reporter; no idea, I use PPRNG which fills in the GxStat for you based on the console.

Can I use PPRNG on Windows 7 Enterprise?
No, not without some form of emulation of Mac OS X.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I've been trying to learn BW RNG today and I'm practising on Relic Castle's Volcarona in Black (the only stationary Pokemon I have remaining; I'm just randomly picking frames/spreads and seeing if I can hit them), but the initial PID frame that RNG reporter calculates seems to be one off.

I'm using RNG reporter version 9.96.6 and my target seed is 1AB2B70523485028 (time/date: Jan. 8th 2015, 10:12:39).
My parameters are: English Black version; MAC address 241E0BFE6D; DS Lite; Timer0 C7B-C7C (although I hit C7C four out of five times while calibrating so it seems to be rather stable; the Volcarona is also on C7C); VCount 60; GxStat and VFrame both 6; no keypresses and a broken L button.
The IV frame I'm going for is 1, but those check out anyway so there shouldn't be a problem there.
The initial PID frame RNG reporter calculates for me is 44, which should have a male Naughty Volcarona. However, if I immediately catch Volcarona without doing any advancements (which I have been doing via saving because I haven't transferred any Chatot yet) I catch a male Hasty Volcarona (can be found on frame 43); if I do two advancements, I catch a male Docile Volcarona (can be found on frame 45 rather than 46); if I do five advancements I catch a female Quirky Volcarona (can be found on frame 48 rather than 49), and so on. Can anybody tell me what's going on and if I'm likely to experience this issue with all my captures?

.com

Grumpy old man
Probably a long shot... But having a Pokémon with certain abilities at the front of your party can alter the PID Frame (well, at least the frame at which certain results appear). In this case, having a Pokémon with Compound Eyes at the front of your party would effectively "shift up" the PID frame you were hitting, accounting for your results.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Probably a long shot... But having a Pokémon with certain abilities at the front of your party can alter the PID Frame. In this case, having a Pokémon with Compound Eyes at the front of your party would effectively "shift up" the PID frame you were hitting, accounting for your results.
Yup, I had my Galvantula at the front, thanks!

hi guys, im kinda new to RNG but im having success lately with hitting seeds

the only pain is that i cant seem to catch this elusive milotic in route 1 due to these problems:

1. dat WNPC just above the bridge. makes me wanna shoot him

2. bubble spot. seriously. why does the milotic has to be in a bubble spot?

3. i have to use super rod which landing time consume some seconds giving that WNPC more time to screw my target frame.

btw, im playing on a DesMume 9.9, my parameters are

seed: 2DD796105437C436 <---- got this from here: http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index.php/Pokémon_Black/White

date: 08/27/14 05:46:11

keypresses: Start-A

im using RNG reporter 9.95. cant use newer versions coz of dat net framework thingy.

i know i could just cheat my way to get that milotic but wheres the fun in that? ok, actually im using only the auto generate bubble spot AR code but only dat. (it hurts me fried (READ: pride) whenever i use it.)

Please help. need some advice on how to compensate for dat walking NPC. should i just buy a gun to kill him or wat? (im seriously considering it >:D)

.com

Grumpy old man
You haven't actually asked a question (at least beyond "should I just buy a gun to kill him or wat?"). So I'll just give a few quick tips on how to not have to use the bubble spot code.

In order to do the "spot" RNGs, it's usually best to work out how many Pokémon you'll have in your team, n (synchroniser, 2 chattiest, catcher, anything else like surfer here). Then you can search for an IV Frame of 1 + n.

Once you hit your seed, confirm that you're on the appropriate seed with (say) 10 chatot calls, checking that they match up with some near the start (obviously a few may have been skipped by the NPC you mention).

Then once you've confirmed you're on the appropriate seed, exit your menu, and surf around, being careful to take 128 steps, and (hopefully) one of the spots appears in those 128 steps. If it does, approach it, and ten use up the remainder of your steps so that at 128 steps you're stood right next to it.

Your IV frame will have advanced by n as desired, and you're in front of a bubble spot.

Now open up your menu again, and get ready to do a lot of Chatot calls.

What you need to do is check through RNG reporter for some high frames (say, 1000), and try and find a pattern of Chatot calls that you can recognise; e.g. [Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi], or [Hi Lo Hi Lo Hi], etc. Now just keep listening to Chatot calls, until that comes up (you could be listening for several minutes, so you'll have to stay sharp).

Once it does show up, you've now figured out your present seed. Do the necessary advancements and then Fishing Rod as usual.

You may have to do this a few times to calculate how much the NPC is messing you around.

You haven't actually asked a question (at least beyond "should I just buy a gun to kill him or wat?"). So I'll just give a few quick tips on how to not have to use the bubble spot code.

In order to do the "spot" RNGs, it's usually best to work out how many Pokémon you'll have in your team, n (synchroniser, 2 chattiest, catcher, anything else like surfer here). Then you can search for an IV Frame of 1 + n.

Once you hit your seed, confirm that you're on the appropriate seed with (say) 10 chatot calls, checking that they match up with some near the start (obviously a few may have been skipped by the NPC you mention).

Then once you've confirmed you're on the appropriate seed, exit your menu, and surf around, being careful to take 128 steps, and (hopefully) one of the spots appears in those 128 steps. If it does, approach it, and ten use up the remainder of your steps so that at 128 steps you're stood right next to it.

Your IV frame will have advanced by n as desired, and you're in front of a bubble spot.

Now open up your menu again, and get ready to do a lot of Chatot calls.

What you need to do is check through RNG reporter for some high frames (say, 1000), and try and find a pattern of Chatot calls that you can recognise; e.g. [Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi], or [Hi Lo Hi Lo Hi], etc. Now just keep listening to Chatot calls, until that comes up (you could be listening for several minutes, so you'll have to stay sharp).

Once it does show up, you've now figured out your present seed. Do the necessary advancements and then Fishing Rod as usual.

You may have to do this a few times to calculate how much the NPC is messing you around.
thnx for the advice... i didnt reply immediately yesterday when i saw ur reply. i just caught the mermaid and yah mi glad i did it.

Hi, i've a problem with Virbank Complex, i'm trying to abuse Growlithe on encounter slot 5.
The Seed is: 9FC33A5C4E1868DF - 05/12/2014 - 06:10:35 - Timer0: 110C
Starting PIDFrame: 55, Target PID Frame: 211, Total Chatot advances: 156??? (but just i entered ingame without do any chatot advancement i've caught an hardy koffing on frame 71...)
My parameters are:
my MAC Address is 23CCCED468, VCount: 82-83, Timer0: 1108, 1109, 110B, 110C, 110D (too values, is normal?), VFrame and GxStat 6.
Version Black2 ITA, on Nintendo DS Lite.
After I'm entered ingame, I use immediately sweet scent and i caught the first pokemon that appears, and its PID is on frame 71, my target is 211 so i should do 211-71=140 advancements. I do this but after the chatot advancements appears a calm patrat on frame 229.
How it is possible? There are some factors that advances the PIDFrame? I'm in an area with no NPCs, near the chimney with grey smoke..
in my team i've: a shiny pidove starter, chatot, chatot, combee (my sweet scenter) and a female cinccino with cute charm.

Hello! I tried to use the RNG Reporter (ver. 9.96.5) for finding my korean 3DS & Black version parameter. (I have only korean 3DS & Black)

But, when I tried to calculate my VCount, Timer0 and etc, suddenly appear "RNG Reporter has stopped working" message and force-quits.

Can somebody help me?
It seems another person asked similar question about 2 years ago, but it is yet to be solved.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
Hello! I tried to use the RNG Reporter (ver. 9.96.5) for finding my korean 3DS & Black version parameter. (I have only korean 3DS & Black)

But, when I tried to calculate my VCount, Timer0 and etc, suddenly appear "RNG Reporter has stopped working" message and force-quits.

Can somebody help me?
It seems another person asked similar question about 2 years ago, but it is yet to be solved.
Have you downloaded the .NET framework (download here)?

Otherwise more information is needed; since this isn't happening on most machines, then you'll want to list a bunch of stuff to help people figure out the problem (otherwise we're just randomly guessing at possible solutions):
• Other programs you were running (antivirus, processor hungry, etc.) which could affect it.
• Windows Version.
• Do any other searches behave like this in the app, or just the calibration one?
• Any error log you can put up?
• Have you redownloaded the latest version of RNG Reporter (I updated the link on the front page yesterday) to check that that's not the issue.

No need to go crazy with details on every little thing, just a few things which would help quickly pinpoint the issue without lots of guesswork.

Have you downloaded the .NET framework (download here)?

Otherwise more information is needed; since this isn't happening on most machines, then you'll want to list a bunch of stuff to help people figure out the problem (otherwise we're just randomly guessing at possible solutions):
• Other programs you were running (antivirus, processor hungry, etc.) which could affect it.
• Windows Version.
• Do any other searches behave like this in the app, or just the calibration one?
• Any error log you can put up?
• Have you redownloaded the latest version of RNG Reporter (I updated the link on the front page yesterday) to check that that's not the issue.

No need to go crazy with details on every little thing, just a few things which would help quickly pinpoint the issue without lots of guesswork.

Of course I have downloaded NET framework. And it develop a problem under only Black-korean-3ds(not japanese,spanish,etc.....). I think it is cause RNG Reporter not support nazo korean Black on korean 3DS , but i don't have ability solve this problem.....

Here is a helpful post to understand my problem.(question of Aquakyogre)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...g-reporter-9-96-5-pprng-1-15-0.83057/page-787

He had a very similar problem and it almost solved. But he make a mistake process to find a nazo. And he didn't reply any more.....

Can somebody solve this problem?...

Now i know that the NPCs on the map still advances the pid frame. but on virbank complex there are 3 NPCs (the others are stationary NPCs), how many pidframes they advance my starting frame? (55). and if i hit my timer0 (and seed), the NPCs does the same things/turns/steps ?

than, another little question: sometimes i hit 1108 or 1109 timer0 and sometimes 110B, 110C, 110B. is normal to have all these values? is very hard to me hitting a constant timer0....

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Now i know that the NPCs on the map still advances the pid frame. but on virbank complex there are 3 NPCs (the others are stationary NPCs), how many pidframes they advance my starting frame? (55). and if i hit my timer0 (and seed), the NPCs does the same things/turns/steps ?

than, another little question: sometimes i hit 1108 or 1109 timer0 and sometimes 110B, 110C, 110B. is normal to have all these values? is very hard to me hitting a constant timer0....
The NPCs move the same way for a given seed. The amount they advance the frame varies with the seed so there's no way to tell ahead of time how many they'll advance it. One way you can tell how many advances they do for your seed is to hit your seed, bring up the menu immediately, sweet scent and capture the Pokemon, then figure out what frame you hit (ie find your shifted starting frame--SSF). From there re-hit your seed and adjust the Chatot calls accordingly to get your Pokemon.

Yes, it's normal to have so many Timer0s. You can't control which one you get, but just try to be consistent at when you start your game from the DS menu.

I'm sure someone here can explain to me how to fix my problem. I'm doing standard abuse to get a flawless Cobalion in Pokemon White with a jolly synchroniser in the lead. I can consistently hit my IV spread, but every time I do I get a hardy nature. 4 times in a row. After the third time I even tried moving around a little and saving again, but still I get a hardy nature. Why is my synchroniser not doing its job? (Particularly since it yields jolly when I hit the wrong Timer0)

For the record I'm not trying to do any PIDRNG stuff.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm sure someone here can explain to me how to fix my problem. I'm doing standard abuse to get a flawless Cobalion in Pokemon White with a jolly synchroniser in the lead. I can consistently hit my IV spread, but every time I do I get a hardy nature. 4 times in a row. After the third time I even tried moving around a little and saving again, but still I get a hardy nature. Why is my synchroniser not doing its job? (Particularly since it yields jolly when I hit the wrong Timer0)

For the record I'm not trying to do any PIDRNG stuff.
Have you calculated your starting frame? Is the genie roaming? Have you checked which frame gave you Hardy?

Hey Guys. Haven't RNG'd in quite sometime but just tried again this morning and during the calibration phase I can't seemingly get a seed to pop up in the parameters search. Using an English Black 1 cartridge, 3DSXL and have my clock synched up. Not sure why I can't get any seeds to pop up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)