5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever pays out the most is the group that gets catered to, and that's the little fanboys. If they want a Pika clone, hell, they'll get one. Let's just hope they want to see the glory of Johto.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: Saw the notched ear pichu prior to this post.

But really, nintendo doesn't give a shit about competitive battlers. It's going to be the same starter birds, starters, pikachu clone, etc. all over again.

If Nintendo pushed to remake G/S/C then I honestly don't see the point since the 4th gen games have so many legit ways to collect Pokemon and obtain in having a near and legit total of 493.

Also, I would find it awkward to have Nintendo release Platinum so soon IF they had any plans for G/S/C remakes. Platinum is complete...how much more content does Nintendo need for the 4th generation. Save genders for the 5th please...

One more thing guys.

Ruby/Sapphire, then FR/LG/, and finally Emerald.

Diamond/Pearl, then Platnium, and honestly G/S/C?!

Platinum = Emerald

Most content and last game for a generation.

Hm I have a theory. I'm thinking instead of a GSC remake, this '5th Gen' will be included with GSC, in place of kanto. So there would be johto, and instead of kanto to the east..the 5th gen world would be to the north, or west.

If new pokemon come out AFTER the 5th generation Im not going to use them just plain and simple. Theres jsut going to be too much to counter. Eventually theyre going to make so many pokemmon that youll be able to use 10pokes per team..

You mean the half continent that got stuck beside a 16th-of-an-assed Kanto?
I'm sure it's not as great as I remember it being. Just like those old TMNT movies...

Damnit Kloud no one gives a shit if you want to boycott any new Pokemon. Regardless if you use them or not, other people will, and that's not going to solve your "too much to counter" "problem".
If anything it will makes things more interesting, because you won't be running into the same 6 Pokes every match, and it skyrockets the surprise factor.
Hell I'm a conservative and I'm more open to change than this... if we keep the same Pokemon for over four years people are going to get bored with it and quit.

Once pokemon reaches the 25th gen or so, they'll have nearly 25000 pokemons, at that point, i think they'll delete every pokemon, and then start over from the start, rather rince and repeat.

Well, it's a very nice idea, since you know, once they hit 25000....it will just bne too much, and scarpping them all and making it a whole new way is better...dunno, thoughts?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Once pokemon reaches the 25th gen or so, they'll have nearly 25000 pokemons, at that point, i think they'll delete every pokemon, and then start over from the start, rather rince and repeat.

Well, it's a very nice idea, since you know, once they hit 25000....it will just bne too much, and scarpping them all and making it a whole new way is better...dunno, thoughts?
The 4th Gen practically pushed the metagame to breaking point; it was supposedly near-impossible to counter everything. Any more than 500, and the BL tier becomes as big as UU, and the entire system has to be revamped.

I hope this doesn't happen for a while.

Unless they make a Magic Guard Scyther evo...

EDIT: By the 25th Gen, they'll probably still have 'only' around 4000 pokemon... if they continue as they do.

Dont you all miss the old pokemon... The orignal 151

There werent even 50 good pokemon to actually have to counter..

Nintendo is catering to the non-competitive players. Non comp. players tend to play ingame. Counters are not needed ingame.

The competitive players could work out a system (like the 200 metagame) in order to limit the amount of Pokemon present in the metagame.

Please, stop acting like the future generations will be the end of the world.

Nintendo will NEVER have a game with over 1000+ Pokemon to catch. Why? Simply because one cartridge cannot fit all that data.
Not now it can't, but you realize that by the "25th gen" over 100 years will have passed...

I still don't see why having more Pokemon to counter is a bad thing. It's not like you have to fight every Pokemon at once, every player will be at this disadvantage, which by definition makes it cease being a disadvantage at all. So many people complain about seeing the same stuff over and over in OU. Throwing more competitive Pokes into the mix drowns that out a bit.

No, I don't miss the original 151. Why? Because they're still in the game.
I think saying that future gens would be a bad idea because you can't keep track of everything is a piss poor excuse. I like variety and surprise. It calls for creative thinking.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wonder how will it be when a major part of the battle will consist of team matchups. You can try to check the top 10/20/whatever and execute your own strategy while making sure you aren't pathetically weak to the other 200 usable pokémon, but how will it be when you have, say, a team that covers the top 10 but can't do shit to that team with Volcamel+Absur'd+Seksphere+Porygon3? It's not just that "you don't have a check", it's that you can't stop them, because you tried to cover some others. We already have this but it's not THAT big of a deal, but we have only 500 pokémon and less than 200 that are usable. When we get 700 pokémon, things may get complicated.

Nintendo is catering to the non-competitive players. Non comp. players tend to play ingame. Counters are not needed ingame.

The competitive players could work out a system (like the 200 metagame) in order to limit the amount of Pokemon present in the metagame.

Please, stop acting like the future generations will be the end of the world.

Nintendo will NEVER have a game with over 1000+ Pokemon to catch. Why? Simply because one cartridge cannot fit all that data.
Bah Nintendo is always dicking over the most dedicated fans. Though a bit could be said about new generations being bad and good.

More generations means more variety, even though one pokemon usually gets overshadowed by another. However without the new generations since G/S/C there wouldn't be an Uber Metagame.

However the more tiers they do add, the number of useless pokemon go up (luvdisc, finneon, etc) and UU gets cloyed to the point where nobody wants to deal with that janx, the Original pokes had enough UU and does anybody seriously want to play NU?

As to those who think the lack of a new 5th gen pokemon says there's no fifth gen, I do think this new pichu actually is a clue to a 5th gen. Otherwise why hide it? Sure it probably won't give clues to anything competitive, and if it does then having a suprise factor in your pokes gets shot to shit, it shows a different form of an already established pokemon. Like the gender differences were included in widely in D/P, this new... notch ear thing? could be a clue to what we can expect in the 5th gen...which so far suggests a whole lot of bullshit.

Bah Nintendo is always dicking over the most dedicated fans. Though a bit could be said about new generations being bad and good
Again, why should Nintendo cater to the competitive gamers over the n00bs when it's the n00bs who shell out the money and the competitve gamers who use free online simulators to act out their fandom?

And I think Nintendo did do the competitive gamers like us a service with the Wi-Fi battling, yet still people flock to ShoddyBattle. Why should they cater to that crowd when they have millions upon millions of n00bs who'll plunk down money on the carts based on adding Pokémon that we find lame?

Its not just money from "fanboys". If the games aren't competitive, nobody will buy them... I can tell that their high selling records for their games are based on "competitiveness", lets face it, Pokemon gets more complicated and diverse each generation.

The 2nd gen. introduced 2 new types, Breeding, and IVs, the third introduced many more moves for each type, and Abilities as well as usable Items besides Leftovers, and the Move Tutors (Heart Scale). The 4th offers the Physical / Special split, as well as even more move tutors. There are also clauses, and rules in regards to the Battle Tower, Frontier, etc. so they don't just let you use Mewtwo in the Battle tower, nor do they let you use overly high level Pokemmon unless the trainers you face have them too.

I am sure competitive battling is a large factor in their sales, otherwise people would stop playing and just watch the T.V. show...

Except it really isn't. I don't know about you, but me and all the kids around me had no idea that ev's/iv's existed. Nor did we know what different natures did.

We were a perfect example of the majority of casual players. We didn't give a shit about how competitive it could be. We just caught our favorites and leveled them up.

It is a very tiny factor. They gain more money by appealing to the casual market.
Adding more is to keep it interesting. Giving IVs Evs and Natures was their way of being like "Now there isn't one universally powerful pokemon" they don't really expect/care if you find out about them. Except they do tell you about them in some sources like the PBR manual.

I am sure competitive battling is a large factor in their sales, otherwise people would stop playing and just watch the T.V. show...
I lol'd.

Adding more is to keep it interesting. Giving IVs Evs and Natures was their way of being like "Now there isn't one universally powerful pokemon" they don't really expect/care if you find out about them. Except they do tell you about them in some sources like the PBR manual.
Right, they weren't made for competitive battlers to exploit, they were implemented to bring about diversity among different Pokemon. This way some can be stronger than others, despite them being the same species and level. We just use it to breed the best Pokes possible.

If every gen takes them 4 years to create, and every gen brings 100-150 pokes, then gen 25 will be in 84 years and by that time we'll have nearly 2500 pokes, meaning nearly 1700 of them are usabel in ou! I think by gen like 7, we'll have seperate ou tiers, like ou 1, ou 2 and ou 3. All pokes that are in ou 1 can't compete in ou 2 and ou 3, and ou 2 and ou 3 pokes can't compete in the ou one game, while uu 1 pokes can compete in the ou 1 metagame, while uu 2 and uu 3 can't, same for bl.

Then, after this happens and we're in the 25th gen, they'll delete all the pokes and start all over again.

I think this idea is very cool for competitve players, and even non compettive ones as they're little kids who won't be able to memorize more than 1000 pokes or so (when i was 10 i memorized gsc in 2 days, don't underestimate the knowledge of the young ones.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)