Ability Unity!

Interestingly enough, you now can have Volt Absorb Zapdos, which is a lot more interesting than Pressure. Zapdos can now become a neat counter to Electric-types and Flying-types at the same time, which is pretty rare.

I already mentioned unaware florges which is a great defensive wall though if you don't like florges you can try sylveon you do miss out on pixilated hyper voice but moonblast is good also a ridiculous amount of water/grounds gets it from quagsire so swampert assuming you're not running mega and gastrodon also a bunch of normal types and psychic/flying types gets it from bidoof and swoobat respectively so unaware porygon2 and unaware sigilyph also keep in mind that crocune can also get mold breaker from basculin allowing it to hit dry skin/water absorb users with scald there is also cress with either regenerator magic bounce or magic guard that's for stall.

You'd use Physically defensive Aromatisse and pair it with Unaware Chansey/Porygon2 if you wanted a defensive core with unaware. Fairy is primarely a physically defensive type, all of its resistances are primarely physically offensive - Dark, Weavile, Hoopa-U, Tyranitar or fighting - which is almost every fighting type bar Lucario! Point is Normal is better for Sp.def mons because of its few weaknesses.

Offensively I don't know how Dragonite isn't banned, and honestly I'd prefer Noivern and Dragonite to be unbanned but prevent them from uniting Aerialate! They have other cool sets, like Intimidate, Moxie and Delta Stream!

Also, why is Prankster banned? It's got pretty bad distrubution ans I don't think it's broken, in AAA everything gets Prankster and it's honestly not to bad.

Stall does seem pretty powerful, but stall is hard to nerf.

Cool sets:

Sheer force, Mold breaket Manaphy
Protean Protean-Z
Gale wings Moltres/Staraptor

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic / Taunt
- Wish
- Protect

With Mega Absol being a pure dark type and for some reason getting magic bounce, I had to find something good that can use it since the rest of the magic bouncer's typing is really bad or has bad distribution (Psychic/Flying, Psychic, and Ghost/Dark) ohh if this neat ever gets an uber version then you can use magic bounce lugia though.

Anyways this set is pretty simple, just be a wall. Do you really need more explanations? Not really.

spewing out thoughts. sorry if they have already been mentioned

• Prankster Zapdos if you need it?
  • Mega-Beedrill 2.0 with Scolipede + Adaptability + Speed Boost You could also use Tinted Lens.
also do both effects activate if a Pokemon has Motor Drive and Lightningrod at the same time and the same for Water Absorb and Storm Drain?

spewing out thoughts. sorry if they have already been mentioned

• Prankster Zapdos if you need it?
  • Mega-Beedrill 2.0 with Scolipede + Adaptability + Speed Boost You could also use Tinted Lens.
also do both effects activate if a Pokemon has Motor Drive and Lightningrod at the same time and the same for Water Absorb and Storm Drain?
You don't get multiple abilities, just one. Speed boost regular beedrill that mega evolves might work, but it likes to pivot and is stupidly fast already.

was the archeops ban just because it is banned in many tiers, or did someone test it?
it only gets abilities from aerodactyl (ofc though claws or rock head head smash are strong), but i think there are more things that are concerning.

like adaptability cobalion or normal lucario
intimidate or unaware chansey
protean/serene grace (bodyslam/headbutt)/download/scrappy on every normal only type

will moody and evasion (sand veil) be banned?

was the archeops ban just because it is banned in many tiers, or did someone test it?
it only gets abilities from aerodactyl (ofc though claws or rock head head smash are strong), but i think there are more things that are concerning.
Tell that to it's offensive capabilities (140 Atk, 110 Speed)
like adaptability cobalion or normal lucario
intimidate or unaware chansey
Better yet, Regenerator
protean/serene grace (bodyslam/headbutt)/download/scrappy on every normal only type
Indeed, as well as other things like Contrary, Regenerator (as mentioned above), Defiant, Guts, Quick Feet, Technician, Intimidate, Unaware, Natural Cure, Sheer Force, and holy shit pure Normal gets a lot of abilities.

will moody and evasion (sand veil) be banned?
"All OU bans are the same" in first post
Also OMotM! Yay!
I actually nominated this for voting, despite (incorrectly) expecting it to not even come close to winning.

rip Follow the Leader's hopes and dreams

In all seriousness, this seems like a more limited version of Almost Any Ability... which is a good thing for me, because there are so many possible Pokémon/ability combinations in AAA that it gets a bit confusing for me personally to wrap my head around what's good and what isn't. Hopefully this will be easier to understand strategy-wise, and thus more fun for me to play as a result.

Right now I'm trying to build a rain team solely to try out Swift Swim Keldeo. Note: This is the first time I've ever even tried to make a weather team.

Also, I have the feeling that we may or may not need to end up Suspecting Illusion. It can be used by any pure Dark type, making it really unpredictable. Although, it is admittedly more noticeable than it was in Inheritance where they had to ban inheriting from Zoroark because it's limited to pure Darks.

The only decent user of Illusion is Mega Absol which can use it to bait before Mega Evolving. Mightyena and Liepard are trash even with Illusion, and Umbreon would obviously prefer Intimidate or Magic Bounce.

On an unrelated note, Contrary Hoopa-Unbound is pretty fucking amazing.

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Cool set: (no sprites cuz I'm on mobile)

Kabutops @ Life Orb/Splash Plate
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge/Knock Off/Aerial Ace

Kanutops is normally seen as a rain sweeper with swift swim, but with tough claws, it's power rivals base 140s. SD boosts attack, Waterfall + Aqua Jet is water STAB, and fourth slot is filler

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Since this is OMotM I want to discuss a few things.

First of all, stall looks great here. Here's a sample stall team I made (shoutouts AllJokesAside for helping me tweak it, and Lcass4919 for helping me test, which caused me to tweak a couple other things heh).
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Tri Attack

Manaphy @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Psychic

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

This seems like a pretty good example of what stall will be like in this meta. I build around the Unaware P2 + Regen Chansey core, and then tried to support it. Aromatisse handles most physical Fighting-types, Knock Off users, and helps with Talonflame (in particular boosted Fighting-types such as Chesnaught). PDef Regenvest Manaphy handles Gengar and Keldeo (as well as stuff like mixed Lucario that could be threatening to the Normal-types + Aromatisse) as well as checking Talonflame. Hippo is there for Rocks and being fat, as well as checking Dnite, although DNite should be banned as it can even 2HKO a behemoth like Hippo (more on this later). Finally, Mew acts as a stallbreaker for opposing stall, as well as a Defogger and a good anti-lead. The Regen core of Manaphy and Chansey is absolutely fantastic, and the Unaware core of P2+Aromatisse does a lot against set up spam. Foul Play is neat on P2 for DD/BD/SD users, as well as Contrary (which will likely run rampant).

Next thing I want to talk about--why is Prankster banned? I don't really see how it's too OP tbh. There are more users in AAA, and there are blenty of bouncers and priority users to keep them in check. At least give it a test? Let's look at some of the users:
  • Mew would likely be the best user overall with TauntWisp and recovery. Me First is also neat. Cress could be neat to get a fast CM up, but Hoopa-U being common is going to hurt it. Copycat Mesprit seems like a neat gimmick but it isn't really powerful.
  • Spiritomb seems like a worse Sableye.
  • Zapdos could be neat but not broken. All it really gains is the ability to Roost first, plus get a Toxic off before it faints I guess. Rotom-Fan and Emolga are terrible.
  • Cofagrigus and Dusknoir are very niche. Mismagius could be a stallbreaker? P frail tho, Mew is better. Dusclops could have a niche maybe? I doubt it would be overly good though.
  • Mandibuzz could be useful, but I don't see how it's broken. Prank Taunt + Roost is neat, but Mew gets the same thing, it just has a different typing. Honchkrow prefers Dark Aura.
  • Accelgor might be able to get another layer of Spikes up, but it already outspeeds everything and no other pure Bugs want it.
  • Fighting-types have better things to do, like use Guts or No Guard, and don't want Prankster.
  • Mawile is bad.
  • Tornadus is the only pure Flying-type.
  • Umbreon seems decent but likely prefers Intimidate or Magic Bounce. Absol prefers Illusion pre-Mega, the other pure Dark-types are bad.
I can't see Prankster being more broken than some of the current stuff in the meta, like DNite waddafuq why is this legal.

DRAGONITE. How the fuck is this not banned yet? Every meta it gains Aerilate in, it's so OP it's banned. Even in MIX AND MEGA, where a whole bunch of mons gained great bulk, it had virtually no counters and was banned. Banned in AAA, banned in Metagamiate, banned in Mix and Mega. And it has less counters here. The Choice Band set demolishes everything. Extreme Speed is a nightmare for offense to face (with the only checks basically being Electric-types with Intimidate), and it gets EQ for them, or it just proceeds to 2HKO them with Double-Edge. You literally need an extremely bulky resist to check it, and even then it has EQ and Fire Punch :/ Here's a calc against an incredibly bulky physical mon--Hippo:
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 276-325 (65.7 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And now Skarm:
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 122-144 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It doesn't even need to predict! If you get Rocks up and 20%ish on Skarm, it gets 2HKOd by Double-Edge guaranteed even if low rolls. Or you could just run Magnet Pull and spam ESpeed for days. It single handedly demolishes stall--nothing can switch in. It revenge kills almost everything on offense, and its checks that aren't Steel-types (which MagPull handles) are really obvious and generally lack recovery (see: Mega Manectric, Raikou). I really don't know what to say, its power speaks for itself, and I wouldn't be surprised if many matches come down to whose DNite wins the speed tie.

TL;DR: Stall is cool, give Prank an unban test at the very least, ban dnite plz

Since this is OMotM I want to discuss a few things.

First of all, stall looks great here. Here's a sample stall team I made (shoutouts AllJokesAside for helping me tweak it, and Lcass4919 for helping me test, which caused me to tweak a couple other things heh).
Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Tri Attack

Manaphy @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Psychic

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

This seems like a pretty good example of what stall will be like in this meta. I build around the Unaware P2 + Regen Chansey core, and then tried to support it. Aromatisse handles most physical Fighting-types, Knock Off users, and helps with Talonflame (in particular boosted Fighting-types such as Chesnaught). PDef Regenvest Manaphy handles Gengar and Keldeo (as well as stuff like mixed Lucario that could be threatening to the Normal-types + Aromatisse) as well as checking Talonflame. Hippo is there for Rocks and being fat, as well as checking Dnite, although DNite should be banned as it can even 2HKO a behemoth like Hippo (more on this later). Finally, Mew acts as a stallbreaker for opposing stall, as well as a Defogger and a good anti-lead. The Regen core of Manaphy and Chansey is absolutely fantastic, and the Unaware core of P2+Aromatisse does a lot against set up spam. Foul Play is neat on P2 for DD/BD/SD users, as well as Contrary (which will likely run rampant).

Next thing I want to talk about--why is Prankster banned? I don't really see how it's too OP tbh. There are more users in AAA, and there are blenty of bouncers and priority users to keep them in check. At least give it a test? Let's look at some of the users:
  • Mew would likely be the best user overall with TauntWisp and recovery. Me First is also neat. Cress could be neat to get a fast CM up, but Hoopa-U being common is going to hurt it. Copycat Mesprit seems like a neat gimmick but it isn't really powerful.
  • Spiritomb seems like a worse Sableye.
  • Zapdos could be neat but not broken. All it really gains is the ability to Roost first, plus get a Toxic off before it faints I guess. Rotom-Fan and Emolga are terrible.
  • Cofagrigus and Dusknoir are very niche. Mismagius could be a stallbreaker? P frail tho, Mew is better. Dusclops could have a niche maybe? I doubt it would be overly good though.
  • Mandibuzz could be useful, but I don't see how it's broken. Prank Taunt + Roost is neat, but Mew gets the same thing, it just has a different typing. Honchkrow prefers Dark Aura.
  • Accelgor might be able to get another layer of Spikes up, but it already outspeeds everything and no other pure Bugs want it.
  • Fighting-types have better things to do, like use Guts or No Guard, and don't want Prankster.
  • Mawile is bad.
  • Tornadus is the only pure Flying-type.
  • Umbreon seems decent but likely prefers Intimidate or Magic Bounce. Absol prefers Illusion pre-Mega, the other pure Dark-types are bad.
I can't see Prankster being more broken than some of the current stuff in the meta, like DNite waddafuq why is this legal.

DRAGONITE. How the fuck is this not banned yet? Every meta it gains Aerilate in, it's so OP it's banned. Even in MIX AND MEGA, where a whole bunch of mons gained great bulk, it had virtually no counters and was banned. Banned in AAA, banned in Metagamiate, banned in Mix and Mega. And it has less counters here. The Choice Band set demolishes everything. Extreme Speed is a nightmare for offense to face (with the only checks basically being Electric-types with Intimidate), and it gets EQ for them, or it just proceeds to 2HKO them with Double-Edge. You literally need an extremely bulky resist to check it, and even then it has EQ and Fire Punch :/ Here's a calc against an incredibly bulky physical mon--Hippo:
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 276-325 (65.7 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And now Skarm:
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 122-144 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It doesn't even need to predict! If you get Rocks up and 20%ish on Skarm, it gets 2HKOd by Double-Edge guaranteed even if low rolls. Or you could just run Magnet Pull and spam ESpeed for days. It single handedly demolishes stall--nothing can switch in. It revenge kills almost everything on offense, and its checks that aren't Steel-types (which MagPull handles) are really obvious and generally lack recovery (see: Mega Manectric, Raikou). I really don't know what to say, its power speaks for itself, and I wouldn't be surprised if many matches come down to whose DNite wins the speed tie.

TL;DR: Stall is cool, give Prank an unban test at the very least, ban dnite plz
Gratz on stall team, looks like cancer seems like you did a good job. On dragonite, however, I have to say that from my (few) matches its rather a bit more underwhelming.

FIrst off- It has defensive checks. Wooo! Unlike mix and mega, "normal" mons aren't reduced in viability
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-H: 147-174 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Wash takes literally the same damage- Iwth protect they can even switch in, get off a pain split, and the wow before dying. Not only does this leave Dragonite nearly dead, it also lets anything else beat it.

252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ampharos: 171-202 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Ampharos Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 200-236 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 118-141 (34.3 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Heck, even carracosta wins 1v1

Further, there are a literal ton of offensive threats that beat it 1v1.

It also has some counters-
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Metagross: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (levitate)
0 Atk Metagross Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 292-344 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Metagross can then bullet punch if dragonite lives, and if you don't want to risk it protect is another optoin
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 171-202 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Further, priority roost (if it becomes legal) lets it get off a toxic and then recover, or have insurance against crits

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Rhydon: 157-186 (37.9 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
stone edge has a shot to ohko even when uninvested

TL;DR- Dragonite is good, but I vote we give it a chance.

Edit: I have no real opinion on prankster

Edit #2: Rip in now irrelevant

Last edited:
I've removed the complex ban on Noivern and just banned Aerilate. I also removed the nonsense bans from the OP, like Forecast and Flower Gift.

Since the maker of this is not active anymore, I'll decide based on community input on what should be banned/unbanned. Or if I see someone good then I'll appoint them.

Considering the unique premise of this game, I have decided to list the available Abilities in alphabetical order, excluding exclusive lines and types (like the Zubat line and Hawlucha), to make it easier to check what Ability a specific Pokémon can get, as well as how many Pokemon of a specific type can inherit an Ability.

Oh, and congratulations for winning OMotM!

Useful Abilities: Compound Eyes (1), Hydration (2), Hyper Cutter (1), Mold Breaker (1), Moxie (1), No Guard (1), Overcoat (3), Prankster (2), Shield Dust (3), Sticky Hold (1), Sturdy (1), Technician (1), Tinted Lens (1), Unburden (1)
Niche Abilities: Shed Skin (6), Shell Armor (1), Oblivious (1), Swarm (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Guts (1), Moxie (1), Skill Link (1)
Niche Abilities: Swarm (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Compound Eyes (3), Frisk (2), Infiltrator (1), Intimidate (1), Iron Fist (1), Pressure (1), Shield Dust (1), Technician (1), Tinted Lens (3)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Hustle (1), Rattled (1), Rivalry (1), Steadfast (1), Swarm (5), Unnerve (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (3), Dry Skin (2), Overcoat (4)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (1), Damp (2), Effect Spore (2), Leaf Guard (1), Swarm (2)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Compound Eyes (1)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (1)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1), Compound Eyes (2), Shield Dust (3), Tinted Lens (2), Wonder Skin (1)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (1), Insomnia (2), Keen Eye (1), Poison Point (3), Shed Skin (1), Sniper (4), Swarm (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Contrary (1), Sturdy (3), Swift Swim (2)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (2), Gluttony (1), Shell Armor (2), Weak Armor (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Download (1), Technician (2), Overcoat (3), Sturdy (1)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (1), Hustle (1), Light Metal (1), Shell Armor (1), Swarm (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Bad Dreams (1), Illusion (2), Intimidate (1), Magic Bounce (1), Moxie (1), Limber (2), Prankster (2), Pressure (1), Synchronize (1), Unburden (2)
Niche Abilities: Inner Focus (1), Justified (1), Quick Feet (2), Rattled (1), Super Luck (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Levitate (1)
Niche Abilities: Hustle (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Iron Fist (1), Intimidate (2), Mold Breaker (1), Moxie (2), Scrappy (1)
Niche Abilities: Shed Skin (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Flash Fire (2), Solar Power (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Unnerve (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Dark Aura (1), Moxie (1), Overcoat (2), Prankster (1)
Niche Abilities: Big Pecks (2), Insomnia (2), Super Luck (2), Weak Armor (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Magic Bounce (1), Prankster (1), Pressure (1)
Niche Abilities: Keen Eye (1), Stall (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (2), Water Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Pickpocket (2), Sand Veil (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Aftermath (2)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (1), Keen Eye (3), Sniper (1), Stench (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Contrary (2)
Niche Abilities: Magician (1), Infiltrator (2), Suction Cups (2)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1), Hyper Cutter (1), Mold Breaker (1), Protean (1), Rough Skin (2), Strong Jaw (1)
Niche Abilities: Shell Armor (1), Torrent (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Marvel Scale (2), Mold Breaker (4), Overcoat (1), Rock Head (2), Rough Skin (1), Sap Sipper (3), Sheer Force (2)
Niche Abilities: Gooey (3), Hydration (3), Rivalry (3), Shed Skin (2), Unnerve (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Delta Stream (1), Frisk (2), Infiltrator (2), Intimidate (1), Moxie (1), Multiscale (1), Natural Cure (1)
Niche Abilities: Air Lock (1), Cloud Nine (1), Inner Focus (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Rough Skin (3)
Niche Abilities: Levitate (2), Sand Force (1), Sand Veil (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1), Teravolt (1), Turboblaze (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Rock Head (1), Strong Jaw (2), Sturdy (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1), Swift Swim (1)
Niche Abilities: Damp (1), Sniper (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Aftermath (2), Intimidate (4), Levitate (3), Lightning Rod (6), Motor Drive (3), Pressure (1), Sap Sipper (2), Volt Absorb (3)
Niche Abilities: Guts (3), Quick Feet (1), Rivalry (3), Static (6), Soundproof (2), Vital Spirit (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Defiant (1), Motor Drive (1), Prankster (1), Pressure (1), Volt Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Static (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Levitate (1), Volt Absorb (2), Water Absorb (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Fairy Aura (1), Intimidate (2), Magic Guard (3), Pixilate (1), Serene Grace (1), Unaware (1), Unburden (2)
Niche Abilities: Aroma Veil (2), Cute Charm (4), Hustle (1), Rattled (1), Super Luck (1), Sweet Veil (2), Quick Feet (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Competitive (3), Frisk (1), Sap Sipper (1), Thick Fat (1)
Niche Abilities: Cute Charm (3)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Filter (2), Pixilate (1), Synchronize (3), Technician (2), Trace (3)
Niche Abilities: Soundproof (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (2), Magic Bounce (1), Sturdy (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hyper Cutter (1), Intimidate (1), Prankster (1), Sheer Force (1)
Niche Abilities: Magician (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Defiant (2), Guts (6), Intimidate (1), Iron Fist (5), Limber (1), Mold Breaker (3), No Guard (3), Prankster (1), Reckless (3), Regenerator (2), Scrappy (1), Sheer Force (5), Sturdy (1), Technician (1), Thick Fat (2), Unburden (1)
Niche Abilities: Anger Point (2), Inner Focus (6), Keen Eye (1), Steadfast (6), Vital Spirit (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Iron Fist (1), Intimidate (2), Mold Breaker (1), Moxie (2), Scrappy (1)
Niche Abilities: Shed Skin (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Iron Fist (2), Reckless (1), Thick Fat (1)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Bulletproof (1), Poison Heal (1), Technician (1)
Niche Abilities: Effect Spore (1), Justified (1), Overgrow (1)
Notable Users:

Niche Abilities: Inner Focus (1), Justified (1), Steadfast (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1)
Niche Abilities: Inner Focus (1), Justified (2), Steadfast (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Swift Swim (1), Water Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Damp (1), Justified (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Drought (2), Flash Fire (6), Guts (1), Intimidate (2), Iron Fist (1), Pressure (1), Sheer Force (1), Solar Power (2), Thick Fat (1), White Smoke (2)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (6), Flame Body (6), Gluttony (3), Hustle (1), Justified (2), Magician (2), Magma Armor (1), Shell Armor (1), Vital Spirit (3), Weak Armor (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Flash Fire (2), Solar Power (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Unnerve (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Iron Fist (2), Reckless (1), Thick Fat (1)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Drought (1), Gale Wings (2), Pressure (2), Regenerator (1), Solar Power (1)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (1), Flame Body (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Desolate Land (1), Sheer Force (1), Solid Rock (1)
Niche Abilities: Anger Point (1), Magma Armor (1), Oblivious (1), Own Tempo (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Victory Star (1)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (1), Magician (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Defiant (1), Prankster (1), Regenerator (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Compound Eyes (3), Frisk (2), Infiltrator (1), Intimidate (1), Iron Fist (1), Pressure (1), Shield Dust (1), Technician (1), Tinted Lens (3), Unnerve (2)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Hustle (1), Rattled (1), Rivalry (1), Steadfast (1), Swarm (5)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Dark Aura (1), Moxie (1), Overcoat (2), Prankster (1)
Niche Abilities: Big Pecks (2), Insomnia (2), Super Luck (2), Weak Armor (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Delta Stream (1), Frisk (2), Infiltrator (2), Intimidate (1), Moxie (1), Multiscale (1), Natural Cure (1)
Niche Abilities: Air Lock (1), Cloud Nine (1), Inner Focus (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Defiant (1), Motor Drive (1), Prankster (1), Pressure (1), Volt Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Static (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Drought (1), Gale Wings (2), Pressure (2), Regenerator (1), Solar Power (1)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (1), Flame Body (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (4), Harvest (1), Infiltrator (3), Serene Grace (1), Solar Power (1)
Niche Abilities: Leaf Guard (3)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hyper Cutter (2), Intimidate (1), Poison Heal (1), Sand Force (1), Sheer Force (1)
Niche Abilities: Sand Veil (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1)
Niche Abilities: Hustle (1), Insomnia (1), Snow Cloak (1), Vital Spirit (1)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Cloud Nine (1), Defiant (2), Gale Wings (1), Guts (2), Intimidate (2), Natural Cure (1), No Guard (1), Reckless (3), Scrappy (2), Sheer Force (2), Tinted Lens (2)
Niche Abilities: Big Pecks (6), Early Bird (2), Hustle (1), Insomnia (2), Keen Eye (6), Rivalry (3), Sniper (2), Super Luck (3), Tangled Feet (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Magic Bounce (2), Magic Guard (1), Multiscale (1), Pressure (1), Tinted Lens (1), Unaware (2), Wonder Skin (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Klutz (2), Synchronize (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1), Rock Head (1), Tough Claws (1)
Niche Abilities: Unnerve (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Intimidate (1), Moxie (1), Rain Dish (2), Swift Swim (2), Water Absorb (2), Water Veil (2)
Niche Abilities: Big Pecks (2), Hydration (2), Keen Eye (4)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Frisk (5), Mummy (2), Levitate (3), Prankster (1), Pressure (2)
Niche Abilities: Cursed Body (2), Insomnia (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Magic Bounce (1), Prankster (1), Pressure (1)
Niche Abilities: Keen Eye (1), Stall (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Frisk (4), Harvest (2), Natural Cure (2)
Niche Abilities: Insomnia (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Bulletproof (2), Chlorophyll (6), Contrary (3), Levitate (1), Natural Cure (1), Poison Heal (1), Regenerator (2), Sap Sipper (2), Solar Power (2), Storm Drain (1), Unburden (3), Water Absorb (2)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (3), Effect Spore (1), Gluttony (2), Grass Pelt (2), Leaf Guard (6), Overgrow (6), Own Tempo (2), Sand Veil (1), Shell Armor (2), Quick Feet (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (3), Dry Skin (2), Overcoat (4)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (1), Damp (2), Effect Spore (2), Leaf Guard (1), Swarm (2)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (2), Water Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Pickpocket (2), Sand Veil (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Bulletproof (1), Poison Heal (1), Technician (1)
Niche Abilities: Effect Spore (1), Justified (1), Overgrow (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (4), Harvest (1), Infiltrator (3), Serene Grace (1), Solar Power (1)
Niche Abilities: Leaf Guard (3)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Frisk (4), Harvest (2), Natural Cure (2)
Niche Abilities: Insomnia (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (6), Natural Cure (3), Regenerator (2), Technician (1), Thick Fat (1)
Niche Abilities: Effect Spore (3), Gluttony (3), Leaf Guard (2), Overgrow (3), Poison Point (3), Stench (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (2), Harvest (2), Natural Cure (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Drought (1), Mold Breaker (1), Rock Head (2), Sand Force (5), Sand Rush (3), Sand Stream (2), Sturdy (1)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (2), Lightning Rod (2), Sand Veil (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Compound Eyes (1)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (1)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Rough Skin (3)
Niche Abilities: Levitate (2), Sand Force (1), Sand Veil (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Desolate Land (1), Sheer Force (1), Solid Rock (1)
Niche Abilities: Anger Point (1), Magma Armor (1), Oblivious (1), Own Tempo (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hyper Cutter (2), Intimidate (1), Poison Heal (1), Sand Force (1), Sheer Force (1)
Niche Abilities: Sand Veil (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Guts (2), Reckless (3), Rock Head (6), Solid Rock (1), Sturdy (4)
Niche Abilities: Lightning Rod (3), Sand Veil (4), Shed Skin (1), Weak Armor (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Mold Breaker (1), Rock Head (1), Sand Force (1), Sand Rush (1), Sheer Force (1), Sturdy (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hydration (3), Sand Force (1), Sticky Hold (1), Storm Drain (1), Swift Swim (3), Unaware (2), Water Absorb (4)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (2), Damp (4), Oblivious (2), Poison Touch (1), Torrent (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (1), Ice Body (6), Levitate (1), Refrigerate (1), Sturdy (2), Swift Swim (1)
Niche Abilities: Inner Focus (2), Own Tempo (2), Rattled (1), Snow Cloak (3), Weak Armor (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1), Teravolt (1), Turboblaze (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1)
Niche Abilities: Hustle (1), Insomnia (1), Snow Cloak (1), Vital Spirit (1)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hydration (2), Ice Body (4), Overcoat (1), Skill Link (1), Thick Fat (4), Water Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Oblivious (3), Shell Armor (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Analytic (5), Adaptability (2), Cloud Nine (2), Contrary (1), Defiant (1), Download (3), Frisk, Guts (3), Immunity (2), Intimidate (4), Limber (5), Natural Cure (3), Protean (1), Reckless (1), Regenerator (1), Sand Rush (2), Sap Sipper (3), Scrappy (6), Serene Grace (4), Sheer Force (1), Skill Link (4), Soundproof (4), Technician (6), Thick Fat (4), Toxic Boost (1), Trace (2), Unaware (1), Wonder Skin (2)
Niche Abilities: Anger Point (1), Anticipation (1), Cheek Pouch (1), Color Change (1), Cute Charm (5), Early Bird (1), Gluttony (4), Hustle (2), Inner Focus (1), Keen Eye (5), Klutz (3), Oblivious (2), Own Tempo (6), Quick Feet (4), Rattled (2), Tangled Feet (1), Unnerve (3), Vital Spirit (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Competitive (3), Frisk (1), Sap Sipper (1), Thick Fat (1)
Niche Abilities: Cute Charm (3)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Cloud Nine (1), Defiant (2), Gale Wings (1), Guts (2), Intimidate (2), Natural Cure (1), No Guard (1), Reckless (3), Scrappy (2), Sheer Force (2), Tinted Lens (2)
Niche Abilities: Big Pecks (6), Early Bird (2), Hustle (1), Insomnia (2), Keen Eye (6), Rivalry (3), Sniper (2), Super Luck (3), Tangled Feet (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Sap Sipper (1), Serene Grace (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (1), Inner Focus (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Aftermath (2), Infiltrator (1), Intimidate (2), Levitate (2), Liquid Ooze (2), Shed Skin (3), Sticky Hold (5)
Niche Abilities: Hustle (4), Poison Point (4), Poison Touch (2), Rivalry (4), Stench (4), Unnerve (2), Weak Armor (1)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1), Compound Eyes (2), Shield Dust (3), Tinted Lens (2), Wonder Skin (1)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (1), Insomnia (2), Keen Eye (1), Poison Point (3), Shed Skin (1), Sniper (4), Swarm (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Aftermath (2)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (1), Keen Eye (3), Sniper (1), Stench (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (6), Natural Cure (3), Regenerator (2), Technician (1), Thick Fat (1)
Niche Abilities: Effect Spore (3), Gluttony (3), Leaf Guard (2), Overgrow (3), Poison Point (3), Stench (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1), Clear Body (2), Intimidate (1), Liquid Ooze (2), Rain Dish (2), Swift Swim (1)
Niche Abilities: Poison Point (2), Poison Touch (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Analytic (2), Competitive (4), Forewarn (4), Frisk (3), Infiltrator (2), Levitate (6), Magic Bounce (1), Magic Guard (6), Overcoat (3), Prankster (1), Pressure (2), Regenerator (3), Thick Fat (2), Trace (1)
Niche Abilities: Gluttony (2), Inner Focus (5), Insomnia (3), Keen Eye (3), Own Tempo (3), Synchronize (6), Unnerve (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Contrary (2)
Niche Abilities: Magician (1), Infiltrator (2), Suction Cups (2)
(Not) Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Filter (2), Pixilate (1), Synchronize (3), Technician (2), Trace (3)
Niche Abilities: Soundproof (2)
Notable Users:

Niche Abilities: Inner Focus (1), Justified (1), Steadfast (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Victory Star (1)
Niche Abilities: Blaze (1), Magician (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Magic Bounce (2), Magic Guard (1), Multiscale (1), Pressure (2), Tinted Lens (1), Unaware (2), Wonder Skin (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (2), Klutz (2), Synchronize (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Chlorophyll (2), Harvest (2), Natural Cure (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Sap Sipper (1), Serene Grace (1)
Niche Abilities: Early Bird (1), Inner Focus (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (3), Heatproof (2), Levitate (2), Serene Grace (1), Tough Claws (1)
Niche Abilities: Heavy Metal (2), Light Metal (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Analytic (1), Natural Cure (1), Regenerator (3)
Niche Abilities: Oblivious (3), Own Tempo (3), Shell Armor (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (1), Magnet Pull (1), Mold Breaker (2), Rock Head (2), Sand Force (4), Sheer Force (2), Sturdy (6)
Niche Abilities: Rattled (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Contrary (1), Sturdy (3), Swift Swim (2)
Niche Abilities: Battle Armor (2), Gluttony (1), Shell Armor (2), Weak Armor (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Rock Head (1), Strong Jaw (2), Sturdy (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (2), Magic Bounce (1), Sturdy (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1), Rock Head (1), Tough Claws (1)
Niche Abilities: Unnerve (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Guts (1), Reckless (3), Rock Head (6), Solid Rock (1), Sturdy (4)
Niche Abilities: Lightning Rod (3), Sand Veil (4), Shed Skin (1), Weak Armor (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Magnet Pull (1), Rock Head (3), Sand Force (1), Sturdy (6)
Niche Abilities: Heavy Metal (3), Soundproof (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Natural Cure (1), Regenerator (1), Rock Head (1), Solid Rock (2), Sturdy (3), Swift Swim (3), Tough Claws (2)
Niche Abilities: Hustle (1), Pickpocket (2), Shell Armor (2), Sniper (2), Weak Armor (4)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (4), Filter (1)
Niche Abilities: Light Metal (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Download (1), Technician (2), Overcoat (3), Sturdy (1)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (1), Hustle (1), Light Metal (1), Shell Armor (1), Swarm (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hyper Cutter (1), Intimidate (1), Prankster (1), Sheer Force (1)
Niche Abilities: Magician (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1)
Niche Abilities: Inner Focus (1), Justified (2), Steadfast (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Mold Breaker (1), Rock Head (1), Sand Force (1), Sand Rush (1), Sheer Force (1), Sturdy (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Clear Body (3), Heatproof (2), Levitate (2), Serene Grace (1), Tough Claws (1)
Niche Abilities: Heavy Metal (2), Light Metal (3)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Magnet Pull (1), Rock Head (3), Sand Force (1), Sturdy (6)
Niche Abilities: Heavy Metal (3), Soundproof (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (3), Analytic (1), Competitive (1), Defiant (2), Drizzle (2), Hydration (6), Hyper Cutter (3), Ice Body (1), Lightning Rod (2), Marvel Scale (1), Mega Launcher (3), Mold Breaker (1), Natural Cure (1), Overcoat (1), Pressure (3), Primordial Sea (1), Protean (1), Rain Dish (3), Reckless (1), Regenerator (1), Rock Head (1), Sand Force (1), Sheer Force (5), Skill Link (1), Swift Swim (6), Sticky Hold (1), Storm Drain (3), Suction Cups (1), Thick Fat (1), Water Absorb (6), Water Veil (6)
Niche Abilities: Cloud Nine (2), Cute Charm (1), Damp (6), Gluttony (2), Hustle (1), Oblivious (3), Poison Point (1), Rattled (2), Shell Armor (6), Sniper (4), Torrent (6)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1), Hyper Cutter (1), Mold Breaker (1), Protean (1), Rough Skin (2), Strong Jaw (1)
Niche Abilities: Shell Armor (1), Torrent (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Pressure (1), Swift Swim (1)
Niche Abilities: Damp (1), Sniper (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Levitate (1), Volt Absorb (2), Water Absorb (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Swift Swim (1), Water Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Damp (1), Justified (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Intimidate (1), Moxie (1), Rain Dish (2), Swift Swim (2), Water Absorb (2), Water Veil (2)
Niche Abilities: Big Pecks (2), Hydration (2), Keen Eye (4)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hydration (3), Sand Force (1), Sticky Hold (1), Storm Drain (1), Swift Swim (3), Unaware (2), Water Absorb (4)
Niche Abilities: Anticipation (2), Damp (4), Oblivious (2), Poison Touch (1), Torrent (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Hydration (2), Ice Body (4), Overcoat (1), Skill Link (1), Thick Fat (4), Water Absorb (1)
Niche Abilities: Oblivious (3), Shell Armor (2)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Adaptability (1), Clear Body (2), Intimidate (1), Liquid Ooze (2), Rain Dish (2), Swift Swim (1)
Niche Abilities: Poison Point (2), Poison Touch (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Analytic (1), Natural Cure (1), Regenerator (3)
Niche Abilities: Oblivious (3), Own Tempo (3), Shell Armor (1)
Notable Users:

Useful Abilities: Natural Cure (1), Regenerator (1), Rock Head (1), Solid Rock (2), Sturdy (3), Swift Swim (3), Tough Claws (2)
Niche Abilities: Hustle (1), Pickpocket (2), Shell Armor (2), Sniper (2), Weak Armor (4)
Notable Users:

Let me know if I have missed something or need to add or remove examples.

EDIT: Added Prankster, Sheer Force for Fire/Psychic and number of "inheritable" Abilities for each type combination.
EDIT 2: Removed Hoopa. Rip.

Last edited:
So, thoughts:
First off, great post. Its comprehendive, detailed, and has good images. However, I have some things that migh thave been missed/glossed over that you might want to look at:
Suction cups isn't very good, especially on its two users in dark/psychic. Infiltrator is less so, but might want to move down.
Similarly, gooey and hydration aren't that notable or good.
Sand force isn't good, and levitate isn't notable on dragon ground types.
Tyrantrum is a single evolutionary line (hera is as well, but at least has a mega ability)
Guts isn't notable on any pure electric types.
Aroma Veil isn't really notable. Taunt immunity is nice, but thats pretty niche.
A bunch of repeats are to be had, Idk if they are worth removing or are fine.
Immunity has no niche when compared with poison heal.
Articuno isn't notable.
Water veil is decent on gyarados, and probably should get moved- hydration is not.
Regirock is totally notable, especially when compared with, say, Armaldo. (Also since registeel is notable)
Rhydon is notable, more so than Rhypherior likely.

Thats all I could find. Thats a really grreat list.

Dammit Darklatias' post blows mine out of the water

I felt inspired to do another post, and I'd like to focus on an oft-forgotten aspect of ability-based metas: pre-Mega abilities! While the Mega obviously retains its original ability, some abilities are useful before you hit that Mega Evolution button. In AAA, this is sort of a no-brainer, as everything should be using Intimidate or Download except in a few select cases (Volt Absorb Gyrados, Flash Fire Scizor). Here, you have fewer options, so I compiled a list of the best options for each Mega. Enjoy!
Natural Cure and Regenerator allow you to switch into an attack or status and double back out if you need to -- this can be helpful if you're switching into a Keldeo Scald, for instance, but you predict the obvious Heatran switch.

Drought is your best option, allowing you to fire off monster Flare Blitzes for a brief window of time.
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo in Sun: 342-402 (105.8 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Regenerator or Gale Wings allow you to perform less-risky double switches or get priority Roost on your first turn. Not amazing, but still pretty solid.

Lightningrod is your best bet, allowing you to switch in on predicted Volt Switches and get a boost in damage. Otherwise, Competitive is fun if people try to Defog on you or switch in an Intimidate user.

Beedrill really shouldn't be switching in, but if you have to, Shield Dust, Wonder Skin or even Insomnia make you less vulnerable to certain types of moves. Still, Mega as soon as possible.

Intimidate is nice for some extra bulk, but the coolest option is definitely Gale Wings. Due to how priority works, if you use Hurricane on the turn you Mega, it gains priority from Gale Wings and accuracy from No Guard, making you a godlike one-time revenge killer even before your boost in Speed!

Magic Bounce, Levitate and Insomnia are all solid choices depending on what you want to be able to switch in on, although your native Magic Guard is still one of the better pickups. If you're feeling bold, run Competitive and switch in on a predicted Defog for a free Nasty Plot boost!

Regenerator is still probably as good as it gets, but Natural Cure is another option if you get hit with a Toxic before evolving.

Shield Dust could be useful, as could Sturdy if you want to set up SD in regular form, but your native Hyper Cutter is probably best to mitigate the no-doubt commonplace Intimidate.

Run Water Veil to set up a DD in front a Wisp user like Mew, or Water Absorb to safely switch into non HP-Electric Keldeo 100% of the time. Or just run Intimidate, which you already have.

Defeatist is literally your only option outside of normal abilities. Strike fear in the hearts of your enemies by running this god-awful ability, or screw over the poor sap that tries to Trace you pre-Mega. Or just run Pressure.

Intimidate raises your bulk even further, Levitate gives you no weakness pre-Mega and Volt Absorb, Lightningrod and Motor Drive all give you boosts for predicting an Electric attack. But wait, there's more! Sap Sipper gives you an unexpected Grass immunity, and Soundproof allows you to pivot into Boomburst and Hyper Voice users. Let's just say you have options.

While you're so slow this will hardly matter, you can actually run Sand Rush to get boosted Speed on the first Mega turn, while also getting the damage buff from Sand Force! Otherwise...Mold Breaker Stealth Rock/Toxic pre-Mega, I guess?

Download is for sure your best option, with the potential for a free +1 Attack before you even SD! Otherwise, Sturdy and Overcoat have their merits. Sturdy allows you to get off a BP even if you fuck up and switch into HP Fire, while Overcoat stops Spore shenanigans.

You're the only type of your kind -- better luck next time! Stick with Guts.

Same issue. Keep Sand Stream.

Storm Drain
and Water Absorb let you screw over Water types, while Natural Cure, Regenerator and Sap Sipper also have use. However, the coolest strategy is Contrary! Stay in regular form and fire off a few Leaf Storms, then Mega when you need to and keep all your boosts!

For rain teams, Swift Swim allows you to get your Speed boost on the first Mega turn, which has always been a weakness for 'pert. Otherwise, Water Absorb and even Unaware have some niche uses as well.

Try Filter -- your bulk isn't great, but you should be able to live some weaker Super Effective attacks and retaliate.
0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Filter Gardevoir: 153-181 (55 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You...you want something better than Prankster? Magic Bounce -> Magic Bounce has its merits as well, but the first turn priority would be missed.

Someone mentioned Magnet Pull which sounds hilarious if you can pull it off. Otherwise, opt for Soundproof.

Justified allows you to take advantage of reduced Knock Off damage to get a boost, and no one wants to face +1 Mega Medicham.

All of Ampharos' options (see above) apply here, but Intimidate -> Intimidate is definitely the silliest.
-2 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 212-252 (75.4 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Speed Boost is necessary, don't replace it.

Desolate Land makes a mockery of anyone that thinks you'll keel over to any Water attack. Shame it doesn't follow you post-Mega.

Intimidate, Multiscale and Delta Stream are all solid pickups for setting up a DD in the face of Pokemon that could usually destroy you.
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Altaria: 88-104 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- 34.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Altaria: 130-154 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria in Strong Winds: 130-154 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO

If Prankster is unbanned, Prankster -> Prankster solves Banette's biggest problem. Otherwise...Levitate? Mummy, maybe?

Use Illusion to setup SD while appearing to be a totally different Pokemon! If you'd rather not play mindgames, Intimidate and Magic Bounce mitigate your bad bulk and allow you more setup opportunities.

Levitate and Clear Body are the best you've got, though the latter definitely helps mitigate Intimidate spam.

Levitate and Heatproof allow you to switch in to things that may have OHKOd or 2HKOd you. Clear Body is decent to keep, as well.

Uhh...Levitate.

Uhh...Levitate (this was not a double post).

As a pure Normal, you have a TON of options. Intimidate, Sap Sipper, Thick Fat, Vital Spirit and even your native Limber have varying degrees of defensive usefulness. Your best option, however, is Download, which gives you a shot at a free Powerup Punch just by switching in. Defiant is also useful for predicting Defog or Intimidate.

You'll probably want to stick with Rough Skin, but Levitate is a clutch option against non-Mold Breaker Ground types and also useful at preventing most hazard effects.

Snow Warning or Soundproof are your options.

Pure Power um...Justified is fine.

No ability will stop you from being the worst Mega. Intimidate works best for CM sets, though.

Hell yeah, Magic Bounce -> Magic Bounce! This allows you to do stuff like switch into Mega Sableye without fear of WoW or Tyranitar on the predicted Stealth Rock.

EDIT: Mygavolt made a very similar list on page 6, my apologies!

Last edited:
Considering the unique premise of this game, I have decided to list the available Abilities in alphabetical order, excluding exclusive lines and types (like the Zubat line and Hawlucha), to make it easier to check what Ability a specific Pokémon can get.
-snip-
Am I the only person whose list actually did ignore all of the exclusive type combos?
Exclusive type combos you included: Bug/Fighting (Heracross + Mega), Bug/Ground (Wormadam, listed twice), Dark/Dragon (Hydreigon line), Dark/Fire (Houndoom +Mega, listed twice), Dragon/Rock (Tyrantrum line, listed twice), Pure Flying (Tornadus forms), Flying/Rock (Aerodactyl + Mega, unless you wanna use Archen, 'cause Archeops is banned. Also, listed twice)

Am I the only person whose list actually did ignore all of the exclusive type combos?
Exclusive type combos you included: Bug/Fighting (Heracross + Mega), Bug/Ground (Wormadam, listed twice), Dark/Dragon (Hydreigon line), Dark/Fire (Houndoom +Mega, listed twice), Dragon/Rock (Tyrantrum line, listed twice), Pure Flying (Tornadus forms), Flying/Rock (Aerodactyl + Mega, unless you wanna use Archen, 'cause Archeops is banned. Also, listed twice)
Heracross and mega have different abilities, Houndoom and mega have different abilities, Hydregion and zwelious have different abilities, as do torn-t/aero, and I mentioned tyrantrum.
Also all double typed mons are listed twice.

Heracross and mega have different abilities, Houndoom and mega have different abilities, Hydregion and zwelious have different abilities, as do torn-t/aero, and I mentioned tyrantrum.
Also all double typed mons are listed twice.
Addendum to this (you probably knew this but just forgot to mention it): Wormadam-S doesn't have a unique type combination; it's shared with Nincada. Easy to forget though as Nincada isn't fully evolved and also it's awful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)