AP Exams

Kittenmay and Desolate, I took bio today as well. I found the multiple choice questions not too terribly bad. Two of the essays were soooo easy, and then the other two I found quite difficult haha.

I hope you both get fives! :)

(Phone posts kinda suck)

Music Theory.... KOREAN POP. A test based upon the studies of 18th century music, and they throw in a Korean Pop excerpt and questions about it. Why ;-;

so I wrote physics b today and I feel like i did ok. The MC went from ridiculously easy to nearly impossible, then back to ridiculously easy for me. And the Free response I found easy except for one question because I kept trying to apply the wrong principle -.-

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What, those were KILLER. The multiple choice I finished half an hour early, but the FRQs no one understood.
After the teacher handed out the FRQ books, me and my friend stared blankly at each other for a solid minute.

What, those were KILLER. The multiple choice I finished half an hour early, but the FRQs no one understood.
my friend on the AP bio questions:

I took my AP Biology exam today and I had literally no idea how to answer the four free response questions so on the first one I wrote an apology for how little I know about Biology

on the second I wrote an “about me”

and on the third and fourth one I told a detailed account of the Laura Vawter/Danny Rawlings romantic saga from when we met sophomore year until about last week.

I think I’m going to get a good score, guys.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
If I hadn't opted to get out of AP Biology (I was getting a C in that class and was almost failing, come on), I'd have been taking the AP Bio test. However, since I did get out of that class of oh my god why did I take this this class made me find out I suck at bio... Yeah, don't have to go through any AP Bio exam torture.

I'm taking AP Calculus next year, though, so I'll be taking AP exams next year. Judging by the comments here... Looks like I'll be having LOTS of fun next year.

LOL I COULDNT STOP LAUGHING
LOL WAIT MY FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT THIS

"Jazz stuff... Okay... KOREAN POP WHAT"

yeah! it's two periods though so they can cram in all the crap in one year

edit: also they do the same thing with physics which DOES NOT need it and then they count one of the periods as a standard class for your gpa and it makes me real sad D:
But the AB and the BC exams always happen at the same time; I assume you'll just be taking BC then?

And the same to you!
I'm just hoping I got a 3 and not under that. I don't even think a 4 was attainable.
I felt pretty confident about the MC (70%-ish) and like half of the FRQ. So I'm reeeeally hoping for a 4. Goddamn second FRQ throwing off my best efforts. X0

But the AB and the BC exams always happen at the same time; I assume you'll just be taking BC then?
Sort of like Pysics C: Mechanics and Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, the Calc AB test is sort of contained by the BC test. Specifically, taking the BC test is regarded as also taking AB, so takers of the BC test will receive and AB subscore as if they'd taken the AB test. This also overrides the AB score from just the AB test.

I felt pretty confident about the MC (70%-ish) and like half of the FRQ. So I'm reeeeally hoping for a 4. Goddamn second FRQ throwing off my best efforts. X0
My head STILL hurts from those FRQs. And some of those MCs. but most of the MCs were okay thankfully

breh

強いだね
Physics B was ok; hopefully I got a five but that may be overoptimistic. Our teacher didn't teach us a few of the things that were on the test...

ya i took bio too...free response fuck you
I wish I took this class last year; apparently the free responses were like 10x easier
One of the questions was comparing prokaryotes to eukaryotes lol

Sort of like Pysics C: Mechanics and Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, the Calc AB test is sort of contained by the BC test. Specifically, taking the BC test is regarded as also taking AB, so takers of the BC test will receive and AB subscore as if they'd taken the AB test. This also overrides the AB score from just the AB test.
But Physics E&M doesn't override the Physics Mech score; they're counted as two different subjects and that's why they're at different times. If anything, a more fitting analogy is English Lit which generally encompasses English Lang at most colleges, but I understand where you're coming from with the whole AB vs BC shenanigan.

I wasn't looking forward to APs since most people say they are really tough, but they weren't all too bad actually! I took AP Chemistry and AP Spanish. Bloo offered to help me with both since he's very knowledgeable with Chem and is also a native Spanish speaker, so thanks to him for taking the time to help out! I'm positive I got a 5 on both exams, and hopefully I did, but only time will tell! Studying for these wasn't too tough considering that we knew in advance exactly what we were being tested over. I honestly like AP exams because I don't have finals in my AP classes, and for this, I can even get out of school early! Anyways, I encourage people to take these exams because not only can they count for college credit, but you have a lot of fun with intelligent people (for the most part) and you can potentially skip courses in college.

Did Bloo major in chemistry? Because I was thinking about doing the same thing. It's my favorite class I've taken in high school so far. I'm fairly sure I got a 5 on that exam, but we'll see.

And I agree about taking lots of APs to skip course in college. I'm trying to take as many as I can so I can enter college as a sophomore, which will make paying for tuition much easier.

But Physics E&M doesn't override the Physics Mech score; they're counted as two different subjects and that's why they're at different times. If anything, a more fitting analogy is English Lit which generally encompasses English Lang at most colleges, but I understand where you're coming from with the whole AB vs BC shenanigan.
I didn't know about the English, having only been in Honors for that subject, so I had to come up with as close a comparison as I could, sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)