Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: twinArmageddons

PS Username: fatvriska

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 7:00-8:30 weekdays,3:00-7:30 week ends (estimated)

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I have already applied for the Round 63 Battling 101 applications, but I was rejected. In the meantime, I have managed to peak #1 in DW OU (though I have not posted the team yet due to uncertainty of its effectiveness). Again, I am a person who likes to play psychological wars. Games that require you to truly think in order to stay ahead of your opponent. Pokemon is a very rare kind of game to come upon: it's a game both casual and extremely hardcore. It's a game where anyone can succeed if you know what you are doing. However, I find myself lacking to be capable of making a team with the sufficient options that I require, which persuades me to ask for your help.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
I am a very critical person about first impressions: the first impression is the only one that matters. I want to have as good of a start as possible. I fear that if I learn by myself, I would go down the wrong track and be rejected and dismissed by players constantly.

WHY I SHOULD BE TUTORED:
I will return creativity and essence with effectiveness to the games of Pokemon, something which has barely been done before.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mikel (why is this question even here?)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mikel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 11 (ADST). I'm off uni ATM so about 6pm to 10am GMT - 5. This might fluctuate but I'm really flexible with when I'm on.
What tier do you want to learn?: Black and White 2 Overused thanks~ (cool with BW2 Ubers too, if OU is full)
Tell us a little about yourself: Leader on PS, so I'm on there all the time. I've been playing competitive Pokemon for a couple of years. I'm a first year uni student here in Melbourne, and working part time, so this is kinda my "off season", as it were. It'd be lovely to actually be able to play this silly game.

PS: Oh yeah and TGMJohnDoom agreed to tutor me, if that's no trouble~

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username:Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, Exams are over, i'm quite active
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers, BW2 OU, BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am from Singapore and am in one of the top high schools in the nation here. I like ice cream and chocolate. I am also an unofficial tutor for BW2 UU. I am powerful at BW2 UU and BW2 LU but unfortunately this has led to a deficit in the other tiers which I don't play so often. I have good battling skills so it should not take too long to get me up to scratch.

less than 25 posts:I only post in tournaments sign ups or any other signups in the forums(such as this one). I rarely participate in idle chat or discussions about the metagame(s) which has led to a lower post count.

Name: pokelover218
Battling 101 username: pokelover218
Times of availability: none this week, but after that 2 pm- 9pm GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn: any of these are fine- BW OU, BW UU, DPP OU, DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 13 years old and have been playing Pokemon since its layer gameboy years. I own all of the games after firered and leafgreen, so its quite easy for me to get all of the regions Pokemon onto one game, but it will take time, so Pokemon obtaining for the real games and not Pokemon showdown will be easier for me. I have a wide array of Pokemon knowledge, and I have memorized many Pokemon's possible moves and the occasional base stat. I think signing up and being in this program would broaden my Pokemon knowledge and make me more of a threat in the competitive Pokemon world.
Less than 25 posts: I signed up in August, because of this program, so I haven't been around the site much, although I'm sure it has much more to offer than the things I've seen. I haven't posted much on the forums I have been to mostly because I feel that my understanding of Pokemon from a competitive viewpoint is not as strong as I'd like it to be.

I was not accepted last round (67) mostly because of the lack of DPP tutors, but possibly for other unknown reasons

Username: andrewdoo900
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: guntotingpotato
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST All day on the weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I played DP OU but in BW my team is no good anymore so I need help on team building and prediction.
Less than 25 posts: I don't really post on the forum I just battle on the simulators.

Username: Dark Nikuman
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sono scarso ok?
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +1 always during afternoons
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm battling since nearly an year, but I've got a lot of problems with team building, I'd love to have some battles against tutors and to talk about predctions and so on, but also to have new friends and new stimulus in the community.

That's all ~Dark Nikuman!

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:CST when I'm home, EST when I'm at school, a lot of availability
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 19 year old aspiring chef who also played guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, and harmonica. I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue came out and have never stopped. I'm a decent BW2 OU battler but I want to get better so I can try and get farther in tournaments and whatnot. I was tutored by Skynet a few rounds ago and he helped me with some team building strategies. I just feel like I still have a lot to learn though.

Funkasaurus said he would tutor me again this round because Hurricane Sandy knocked out his power for a majority of the previous session

Username: TeraVoltage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Voltage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, and anytime after school on weekdays (4:00) and anytime on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am still sort of new to pokemon having about 2 months under my belt. In that time i have grown used to the ou teir but i need a change now. Im trying out nu and i like it but, the transition is difficult to do by myself. Overall, Im a very good battler, and im very easy to talk to but my teambuilding skill is lacking. If i could get help with that to that would be awesome.

Fewer than 25 posts This is mostly because i just was introduced to smogon a week or 2 ago. Other than that i feel like i dont have much to contribute atm, not being good at many teirs, not knowing alot of people ect. I feel that if i became beter i could contribute more.

Username: NannyCakes
Pokémon Showdown Username: nemaizels
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-10:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am and have been a big fan of Pokémon since before I could read, and Pokémon Silver is why I know how to read. I also love Zelda and Lord of the Rings. I play bass, attend high school, and volunteer at the SPCA. In spite of having played for a while, I cannot seem to find success in competitive Pokémon. I have tried many strategies, and none work, even when I rip off of popular teams and lurk. I put in a good effort, but can't seem to come out on top and would like help from one of the awesome Smogon tutors.

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: UltraBeheeyem1029,
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Usa, Pacific,on the weekdays it depends on how busy I am. On the weekends it's 12:00 am-9:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm been playing Pokemon since I was a little baby. I started Competitive Battling in 8th grade when I got Verizon network (connecting issues so yeah.) I'm just a average player that has been playing competitive for a year or so and I would like to improve my skills by being tutored. I joined Smogon since I was trying to find help with my team which I believe was in the previous summer.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Username: Ulysses
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ulysesssss
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -6, 5-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a former dpp ou buff who hasn't played in a while and would really like to get back in the game with the advent of bw2. Also, fuck drizzle.

Skipped in round 67. Reverb was assigned to be my tutor in round 65, but he disappeared on September 12th and I only ever got to meet with him twice. Asked him to contact me when he came back, he was back on Oct 31st and didn't.

Username: Roshi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Roshi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6, during the evening on weekdays and throughout the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU/OU (if no UU tutors are left I will gladly do OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student now, but I started pokemon competitively in 2009 fourth gen. Then I came back and dabbled in BW OU and then stopped playing again. The release of BW2 has sparked my interest in pokemon again, and it's a nice mind game (hax aside) to play that is easy to log on and log off without requiring too much of a time commitment. I am willing to put in as many hours as possible with my tutor in order to truly get better. I'd like to be tutored in UU because I feel like the metagame might be a bit slower and comparable to 4th gen standard as opposed to the fast paced, threat-filled OU metagame. That being said, I would love to learn OU if I can't get into UU because most people play it anyway.

I was skipped last round. In addition, BKC has agreed to tutor me this time in UU (and possibly OU)

Username:StarmieLazer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Konata12, Konata12 NU (Currently using)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8. Times can range from 1-6 PM (Weekdays) 9am-12pm (Sunday)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU, or BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well i'm a Pokemon Showdown Player, and I play NU or OU (Current), but seem to have problems in my teams.

Skipped round 67.

Username: Stalltaria
Pokemon Showdown Username: Stalltaria/Far Canal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+9:30(Queensland Australia - oceanic) available all weeknights, and most weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/any other tier, but mainly OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a concreter by trade, I like the prediction side of battling, and try and create different set and make them viable like, the reckless gambit staraptor, I've been playing pokemon for a long time but havent really stepped up much outside of playing a few of the voiced hosted ou tourneys on PS.
:)
Pick me for +Great Mighty Doom, that's the closest time-zoned tutor, and also teaches OU :)

Username: RoryReloaded
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aurora
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +11, 7-11PM on weekdays and most of the day during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been here for just over a year, and I can't seem to be able to grasp battling really that well. I've never seriously tried Ubers, and it seems like one of the most interesting tiers available, so I'd like to learn that!

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Username: mini earthworm
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: nina dobrev
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: i never sleep
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP + BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: i am a pokemon master

even though its pretty hard to believe that go10 can teach something, he agreed to tutor me (or i agreed that he could teach me :B )

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Remedy
Shoddy Username: Reymedy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 7 PM => 2 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / ADV OU / DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student in a french business school, on my way to become a chartered accountant. I'm only playing since October, I want to learn well and fast, getting helped by talented players is the best way to proceed from my point of view.
Any external opinion on my battling/team building skills would be welcomed. I learn things fast so I believe we could proceed efficiently !

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: Danmire
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Danmire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 hours, EST. I'm available M/W/F from 9:30 AM to 2:10 PM, T/TH from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, and all day on the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've loved UU since DPP, since it has such a variety of Pokemon you can use. I'm very easy going and a good listener when it comes to being given directions. I'm currently a Junior doing Dual Enrollment in college studying Architecture.

Username: RandomName12321
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kale12321
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I help lead a clan on Serebii's forums and I have been slacking with my battling skills. I want to get better at battling as I cannot by myself atm. I also play the viola and the sax.

I was skipped last round.

Username: RedRascal
Pokemon Showdown Name: RedRascal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Weeknights: 7pm-12am, Weekends: All day. I'm working full time during the week at the moment but other than that I'm very flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU (or BW2 OU, I'd prefer UU though)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college computer engineering student currently on coop. I really enjoy playing pokemon competitively in my spare time and I already spend way more time than I should on these forums and watching videos of battles on youtube. I really like the logical and competitive aspect of pokemon and wish to advance my knowledge.

UNDER 25 POSTS: I have an alternative ID for these forums (papasmirf) but for some reason that account can't post or even access it's own profile. I made it a long time ago (year+) so I'm not sure what happened to it. But I really enjoy competitive battling and I think I have a rather strong knowledge of how to battle and what to do in a battle. My team building skills are sub par however so even though I often recognize threats and know how to deal with them I may not have the appropriate team member to actually do it. I'd appreciate any help even if I don't get a tutor. Message me if you'd like to be my favorite person and help me out :toast:

And here are the pairings in record time:

Alice - Pocket & The Wolf (DPP OU)
blarajan - Electrolyte & FireMage (BW2 LC)
BKC - Ulysses (BW2 OU)
Delko - El Rey (BW2 OU)
Django - CBTerrakion (BW2 NU)
dragonuser - kRunsOverU & PryorConvictions (BW2 OU)
DTC - RisingPokeStar (BW2 NU)
Elevator Music - Shouting (BW2 LC)
Fiction. - WorthyYeti (BW2 Ubers)
Funkasaurus - Scubasteve23 (BW2 OU)
GigaPunch - NahimC (BW2 OU)
HellPowna - Brap (BW2 OU)
HSA - RoryReloaded (BW2 Ubers)
Huntofthelion - Dark Fallen Angel & ToSGod (BW2 OU)
idiotfrommars - WDFAmatt (BW2 OU)
iss - ShowMeTheMankey (BW2 LC)
JabbaTheGriffin - Remedy (ADV OU)
Jimbon - Marowakawaka (BW2 OU)
Jirachi - Deluks917 & TheSuperSaiyanBreloom (BW2 OU)
Lavos Spawn - conjesture (BW2 OU)
M Dragon - Skwayz (ADV OU)
Molk - Mylo Xyloto (BW2 RU)
PDC - Bedlington & thatgirl (BW2 OU)
Poppy - Metal Sonic (BW2 Ubers)
prem - Tofu (BW2 LC)
Sayonara - drakon136 & Turtle Soup (BW2 OU)
Scimjara - pokelover217 (DPP OU)
Seven Deadly Sins - fire r a g e (BW2 OU)
Steven Snype - lokt (DPP OU)
The Great Mighty Doom - Dark Nikuman & Mikel (BW2 OU)
Vinc2612 - Bonsailolz (BW2 OU)
Windsong - Don Honchkrorleone (BW2 RU)
yee - Milos (BW2 OU)
Zebraiken - citro (BW2 NU)

I was able to assign everyone a tutor this round to the best timezones I could. If there's any problems, PM me. If a tutor wants another tutee, PM me. We're going to be revamping Battling 101 for the new year so stay tuned for that. I'd also like to remind everyone to get their evaluations in, even if your tutor holds a badge. To tutors: if your tutee runs off, PM me for a new one.

I'll leave all the rest for whenever we announce the B101 changes. In the meantime, happy tutoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)