is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Mendeez
PS! Username: Same
Your timezone: -4
Generation:
Gsc
Usual Hours of Availability:
Pretty free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
id like to learn this gen cuz i find it interesting, in most cases you can win regardless of the luck of the opponent,and i would like to be a more complete player
Are you able to use Discord?: Mendez#0332
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Si

Username: nagami1
PS! Username: nagami1
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Generation: ORAS (gen6 ou)
Usual Hours of Availability: usually any time during day 9am-10 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i dont have a lot of experience playing showdown meta (like 60 battles in gen6) but i have played over 1k battles in another pokemon mmo where the meta is kind of similar to gen 6 ou, except no megas. i have been familiar with comptetive pokemon since 2018. i am signing up so i can get better at teambuilding for gen6 and just get better at pvp. i also want to find a good team to be able to reach high ladder.
Are you able to use discord? yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: fnnnjd
PS! Username: fnnnjd
Your timezone: BST (GMT+1)
Generation: BW
Standard hours, moreso towards the evening (12pm-12am)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

Been playing a decent few years, on and off. Always enjoyed the old gens but only ever really played or delved into them as a casual player, looking to learn more about most oldgens, learn to build better in them and hopefully be able to compete in tours that have oldgens down the line. Aware of a lot of the basics but wanting to learn the depths, starting with the metagame I'm the least confident in.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes, fnnnjd#0948
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: DkKoba
PS! Username: DkKoba
Your timezone: EST/EDT
Generation: Advanced(Gen 3)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-10PM EDT, likely to become 6-10PM once I start my new job EDIT: I thought I might expand my availability, I went back to my old job and now have 5-10PM EDT, 1pm-12am EDT Saturday(can be flexible and do earlier), and I will do anytime Sundays bar IRL plans.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played a smattering of games 5 years back and tried to get into Adv OU using copied teams but I saw very small success. A few weeks ago I crafted my own teams and started to adjust them slightly to make them better - but overall good team building evades me and my team often gets hard countered. I also am looking to better understand tools and common sets and how to properly react to them. I have a big strength in being able to judge how my opponent will play after a few turns of playing with them. Currently I hover between 1300-1400 on the ADV OU ladder and wish to become a top tier threat :) EDIT: I now how a few hundred games on ladder. Been taking a break from going hard due to other hobbies having priority at the moment, but I will definitely make this a priority if I have a tutor.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes - DkKoba#0420 is my discord
mods feel free to delete this reply but i thought I might bring attention to the fact that I have expanded my availability(for hopes that it helps me get matched up as well as some edits to update since its been a few months and I've been learning on my own.

Username: Mister Magnus
PS! Username:Mister Magnus
Your timezone: -3
Generation: RBY
5pm-12am weekdays, any time weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing roughly a year and a half with any degree of seriousness. Had a few notable wins in tours here and there but overall feel like I've skipped out on properly learning. I'm looking to get my play to a place where I can consistently perform well rather than my current on-and-off state. I think of all my tiers DPP tends to be the shakiest but it's the one I have the most love for so I'm hoping I can get matched with someone who will help take me from occasional flashes of greatness to a really skilled player :)
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: XenonHero126
PS! Username: XenonHero126
Your timezone: GMT-4
Generation: DPP
8AM-6PM
I have a good deal of experience in SSOU, with almost 150 battles played. I’d like to think I’ve got a good grasp of the metagame, although I’ve never found the conviction to actively ladder it. I’ve dabbled in some OMs as well and contributed to a few Pet Mods. DPP jumped out to me as an interesting metagame due to the lack of team preview and aggressive nature while still keeping the Phys/Spec split that I can’t live without.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yep
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yep

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Username: Eledyr
PS! Username: Eledyr
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: ADV, DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime between 1PM-11PM, can be even more opened.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing since many years, mostly in Ubers (I did UPL recently), RBY OU, and SM OU, and I will to learn more about those two generations. I already give them some tests by playing in seasonals but I definitely lack some knowledge in those tiers. I'm open to any kind of playstyle and will to learn those gens really deeply, especially the building process.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Eledyr#1136

Username: Shaad Skyel
PS! Username: Shaad Skyel
Your timezone: gmt+1
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly in evening cause of work and Week-end
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play on Showdown at the end of SM OU (after the ban of Zygarde-50) without taking it too seriously, mainly on ladder, until this gen, that I tried to play seriously but couldn't get to the next level in teambuilding mainly. i had play some Tournament but without making nothing good, so i would like help on the teambuilding process and comprehension of the meta.

Username: Estuardo19
PS! Username: Estuardo19
Your timezone: Gmt-6
Generation: GSC
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after my afternoons, weekends i dont have an specific availability, but most free between 11am-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, im still pretty new here, i star to play on smogon a bit more than a year ago, i play some tours like ssnls/cups doing decent runs on it, i recently take tutories of bw and im looking to learn more about gsc, wich is a tier what i found interesting and fun to play. I play gsc on some side tours and discord pl's so, i mean i know the basic things of the tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: Ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye

Username: BashGreninja
PS! Username: bunnick
Your timezone: GMT+6:30
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 8-11PM, Weekends: 4-11PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played Pokemon casually since Emerald, and been following competitive VGC for about 8 years now, but never played myself until around a few months ago. Tried different old gen OUs with sample teams and realized DPP is my favorite meta. Want to try improving and maybe participate in some tournaments at some point.

Username: RL
PS! Username: Acura RL
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-11pm, 6-7pm, Sunday: 9am-11am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): ADV OU was one of the first tier I've played when I started competitive battling on showdown a little over a year ago, but since it was my first steps at competitive, I didn't got a decent level. During this year, I mostly played gen6 PH and gen8 LC where I learned a lot about pokemon competitive battling. And so I want to learn more about an oldgen to play a tier that won't change in next years and don't have to learn a new tier every years when a new pokemon game is released.

Username: typical_bastard
PS! Username: typical_bastard
Your timezone: GMT+5
Generation: SM OU, ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly in evening cause of uni and Week-end
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started pokemon last year, I am well aware of the current meta, and have been trying to perform in as many tournaments in possible, and have recently started having many positive results, played in many PLs including adpl, hsl, twpl, epl, ctf, performing well in every one of them. I started with SM and eventually went on to learn every gen then started seriously learning oras as my second main gen, and in the past few months I've produced fairly decent results, as in the last 3 PLs, my records have been 2-1, 3-1, 3-0 (currently playing). I plan on playing and hopefully winning the next sm and oras ssnl, and I require assistance with improving my gameplay, wherever I lack. I am fairly active and am willing to give as much time as required to improve whatever my tutor deems necessary. I especially look forward to learning how to build well, as that's an aspect I am not much affluent with, and would like to be self sufficient henceforth.

Username: SwordIsBored
PS! Username: SwordIsBored
Your timezone: GMT + 1
Generation: BW OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Most times unless school!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokémon competitively since 2019 now and I've always found more of an appreciation for old generations, due to BW being probably my favourite Pokemon game I decided to pick it up. Despite what people say, I enjoy the metagame and want to get better. I'd like to say I'm aware of the metagame.

Username: marsandback
PS! Username: =
Your timezone: gmt +1
Generation: GSC OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I can do maybe an hour on most days in the evenings.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played BW2 OU extensively. I wanted to branch out to other tiers. GSC is known for long term planning which would benefit my game greatly. I would like to learn this gen and its fundamentals.

Username: zemanjaski
PS! Username: zemanjaski
Your timezone: GMT + 1
Generation: RBY OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Most mornings, some afternoons and evenings. I'm currently on extended holiday from work and so a quite flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokémon since 2018 and have recently dipped my toes into competitive waters. I am presently playing in the ROA NC97 tour (1-1 currently), am signed up for the ROA Olympics (Team UK) and will play in the next Pokemon Perfect tour too. I have mostly been laddering to improve but am recently focussing more on reviewing games after the fact and researching lines of play by watching high level games. I have been stuck at or around 1400 elo for sometime and believe there must be fundamental issues in my play preventing further progress.

Username: KaiserKaiba
PS! Username: KaiserKaiba
Your timezone: +2
Generation: ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings after work and WE
I'm a sm main (but I did participate in a lot of tournaments on niche tier like Old Gens NU, LGPE OU or OMs) and I'm currently a competitive helper on that tier on smogon discord. I never really perform well in any tournament I did (I only have more than 2 years of experience in competitive pokemon) and I still learn the fundamentals. I want to learn Oras OU because I did recently a teamtour and I was on Oras Slot (where I did pretty badly).
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (KaiserKaiba#7229)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)