(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did not make your tiering changes, Insomniac., because the analysis writers will update changed tiers within analyses as they are being rewritten to reflect today's metagames.

Made your changes, Banedon.

Starkiller2 has had his changes added on-site.

I've also added cookling's first post's corrections to the site.

Added all of the changes Rayquaza2233 pointed out.

Handd2005: I hope jc104's post explained why your change was not added on-site well enough.

Insingularity: I made both of your changes, including the removal of Salamence's name from the Yache Berry page because analysis writers will not update those pages.

Thank you very much, everyone! =]

Dragonite's page overall needs to be updated with Salamence's move into Uber as he is frequently compared to Salamence's performance in OU.

The areas that now have unnecessary references to Salamence are Overview, MixNite, first sentence of Dragon Dance, Choice Band, Cleric Dancer, second paragraph of Team Options, first and second paragraph of Other Options, and first sentence of Counters.

Micle Berry has a sentence in the second paragraph that goes

In today's metagame, however, Micle Berry is rarely &emdash; if ever &emdash; seen, since few Pokemon carry moves with extremely low accuracy.
i think this should be changed to, "In today's metagame, however, Micle Berry is rarely -- if ever -- seen, since few Pokemon carry moves with extremely low accuracy."

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Corsola's analysis mentions Roserade, who can no longer be used in UU. The rest of the analysis seems to be written for the UU metagame, so maybe it was written before Roserade moved up to OU.

Here it is: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/corsola
Like Umbreon Dan was saying two posts above about Dragonite's analysis, it can be assumed that this analysis has not been updated (probably because it's not in a Smogon-recognized metagame) and will not be updated until it sees use in a recognized tier and undergoes a full rewrite.

Basically, analysis content cannot be considered a "Small change", and is therefore rewritten by analysis writers.
Micle Berry has a sentence in the second paragraph that goes

i think this should be changed to, "In today's metagame, however, Micle Berry is rarely -- if ever -- seen, since few Pokemon carry moves with extremely low accuracy."
@above: The comma before since is unnecessary.
Fixed both; thanks guys!

Introduction_to_Competitive_Pokemon

These errors are located underneath section 6, "Tiers", underneath the entry "NU".

NeverUsed is the lowest tier in the system and denoted Pokémon that are extremely weak. It is based on usage and doesn't exist in RBY or GSC, due to there not being enough Pokémon.
I believe that there are two errors. The first one occurs in "NeverUsed = lowest tier in the system". However, I do not agree with the statement implied that "NeverUsed = denoted Pokemon that are extremely weak". Based upon the first sentence, NeverUsed is a tier, so it cannot be "denoted Pokemon". I believe that "denoted" should be "denotes", as the tier denotes Pokemon. The second error, which is more disputable, involves the second sentence. The latter part of the sentence, "there not being enough Pokemon", does not explicitly state not having enough Pokemon where exactly. To remove ambiguity while improving clarity, I would suggest the latter half be reworded to "due to those generations not having enough Pokemon".

Bleh, I should have noticed this earlier when I posted just a few minutes ago, but as declared by the OP, I can't edit my previous post, so I'll just have to double-post.

This error occurs underneath section 6, "Tiers", underneath the entry "Limbo".

Limbo serves as a place where Pokémon that do not have a decided tier yet are put.
The word "yet" is an adverb. As per convention of modern English, one should attempt to put adverbs as close to verbs as possible. While the sentence may seem correct, as "yet" is close to "are put", "yet" is not used to describe "put", but is used to describe "have". Thus, I believe the proper sentence should be "Limbo serves as a place where Pokémon that do not yet have decided tier are put."

Also, I realized that in my previous post, I forgot to add the accent above the e in Pokémon. Thank you.

Elekid, Physical Kid analysis, end of paragraph one. There are two whiles.

If Cross Chop's accuracy is too shaky, then Low Kick will easily dispatch of threats like Aron, Munchlax, and Onix with ease, while while dealing less damage to Chinchou, Porygon, and other lighter foes.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In Honchkrow's analysis, in the "Overview" section, the second to last sentence reads, "due to the mind games that Sucker Punch cause." It should be, "due to the mind games that Sucker Punch causes."

In Grumpig's analysis, in the "Calm Mind Sweeper" set, Honchkrow is mentioned as something one might want to watch out for. Honchkrow is BL, and as the set was likely meant for the UU/NU metagame, mentioning BLs is out of context.

In Scizor's analysis, in the Choice Band set, the final sentence before the additional comments reads, "but often U-turning to a suitable counter is often just as effective." "often" should only be there once.

In Lucario's analysis, in the 5th paragraph of the Uber Swords Dance set, the second sentence reads, "Garchomp (and Palkia to a lesser extant)" "extant" should be "extent"

In the "Little Cup, Big World: A Guide to Little Cup", under the section "Mitigating Losses and Revenge Killing", there is a small error in which "a" is written instead of "I".

Have a seen all of my opponent's team?
I hope I put this in the right area, or am actually allowed to post this but I felt it could be brought to attention.

Under the "Swords Dance" set for Scizor, there is a bulkier EV spread mentioned with 188 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe. This only adds up to 500, leaving 8 effective EV's off the board. I'd assume they'd go under HP, but I'll leave that to someone else.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scizor
added them to hp, and also removed the speed creep 9.9

Bleh, I should have noticed this earlier when I posted just a few minutes ago, but as declared by the OP, I can't edit my previous post, so I'll just have to double-post.

This error occurs underneath section 6, "Tiers", underneath the entry "Limbo".

The word "yet" is an adverb. As per convention of modern English, one should attempt to put adverbs as close to verbs as possible. While the sentence may seem correct, as "yet" is close to "are put", "yet" is not used to describe "put", but is used to describe "have". Thus, I believe the proper sentence should be "Limbo serves as a place where Pokémon that do not yet have decided tier are put."

Also, I realized that in my previous post, I forgot to add the accent above the e in Pokémon. Thank you.
mhm i agree

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/wall_breaking

Practically every link to a Pokemon in that article is not fuctional, due to a backslash at the end of the links.
this was stealth corrected by great sage! :(

In Honchkrow's analysis, in the "Overview" section, the second to last sentence reads, "due to the mind games that Sucker Punch cause." It should be, "due to the mind games that Sucker Punch causes."

In Grumpig's analysis, in the "Calm Mind Sweeper" set, Honchkrow is mentioned as something one might want to watch out for. Honchkrow is BL, and as the set was likely meant for the UU/NU metagame, mentioning BLs is out of context.

In Scizor's analysis, in the Choice Band set, the final sentence before the additional comments reads, "but often U-turning to a suitable counter is often just as effective." "often" should only be there once.

In Lucario's analysis, in the 5th paragraph of the Uber Swords Dance set, the second sentence reads, "Garchomp (and Palkia to a lesser extant)" "extant" should be "extent"
thanks for all of these (although we would prefer if you linked to them)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence

Under 'Salamence's Quirks in Ubers' it says 'Something to note about Salamence is that when the opponent sees it in Ubers, they will usually assume that you are carrying Rayquaza as well.'

now salamence can only be seen in ubers
reworded, now it makes sense

In the "Little Cup, Big World: A Guide to Little Cup", under the section "Mitigating Losses and Revenge Killing", there is a small error in which "a" is written instead of "I".

I hope I put this in the right area, or am actually allowed to post this but I felt it could be brought to attention.
yes, that's exactly the sort of thing we want here!

all of these are corrected. thanks, you guys are great :)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/unown

I know that this analysis is a joke, but having unintentional bad grammar isn't funny. There were a lot of small edits, so I'll just post the analysis the way it should be written, (with the exception of bolding and font size on subtitles,) with changes in red. And I don't have a problem with the usage of "oft", but many spellchecks do, so I went ahead and made that correction. Also, it is odd to mention so many OU Pokémon (and an Uber), seeing that Unown is clearly NU. Also, there really isn't such a thing as "English letters", because English uses the Latin alphabet. Unown cannot form a period, but it can form an exclamation point, so I made that correction. I will leave it up to the higher-ups to rewrite the 2nd or last paragraph, because in the last paragraph, it states that anything that resits the Hidden Power Unown is carrying can defeat Unown, when in the 2nd paragraph it says that Unown can 2HKO Magikarp with HP Ice, when Water clearly resists Ice. And Microsoft Word says that the first sentence of my revised last paragraph is a fragment, but I think it's correct.

The analysis:

This is an ingenious moveset spread across the ages, constructed piece by piece with painstaking care in the arching caverns and ancient machinery of the most devious and cunning hive mind in the history of anything.

This moveset brings Unown's fullest potential into the light. Its most powerful move, Hidden Power, rips through Magikarp, Hoppip, and Feebas with its unimaginable power, 2HKOing and OHKOing Magikarp and Hoppip with Hidden Power Ice, respectively. A neutral Hidden Power gives Feebas the ol' one-two-hit KO. When facing such opponents, Unown is unbeatable.

As if this wasn't proof enough of Unown's superiority, Hidden Power Ice OHKOs Flygon. Transporting to prehistoric ages, Unown can 2HKO the powerful T-rex, Tyranitar, with Hidden Power Fighting. And going even higher up on the evolutionary ladder, Groudon can be 2HKOed by Hidden Power Ice.

Team Options
Supporting Unown is essential, for it performs best in an environment it is comfortable with. As Unown can sometimes get temperamental when dropped into a situation outside of what it is used to (caves, incest), it is wise to pair Unown with familiar environmental hazards. Stealth Rock can be set in play by Donphan and Chansey. Dual screens are also helpful, as they remind Unown of the old, mysterious days, steeling him against attacks. Uxie, Mesprit, and Gardevoir are excellent choices.

A Dugtrio is a popular choice for befriending your Unown. They often reminisce about caving, and if Dugtrio is feeling particularly adventurous, Unown can explore Dugtrio’s lower half. In return, Dugtrio traps Chansey, who otherwise walls Unown, and 2HKOs her with Earthquake.

Having a Normal-type on your team also helps; as Unown has been secluded for thousands of years, it needs a normal Pokémon to teach it the ropes in today’s modern world. Chansey is a magnificent choice; it is immune to Ghost-type moves such as Shadow Ball that threaten Unown. Chansey also supplies paralysis support, which raises Unown’s low self-esteem about its Speed.

Fighting-types like Hitmontop and Hitmonlee will help toughen Unown up; they will also take Dark-type moves for it. Scarf Primeape can come in and scare Dark-type Pokémon out with Close Combat, but he can't take multiple hits well.

Being an outcast, Unown is often a target for Pursuit. To help Unown feel less insecure and lonely, it is suggested to pair it with a teammate that allows you to get a free Swords Dance, Calm Mind, or Nasty Plot in, while at the same time not take too much from a switch-less Pursuit. Superb choices are Lucario, Suicune, and Infernape.

Taking care of Unown is difficult, but ultimately worthwhile. With the right care and attention, it will grow into a wonderful Pokémon. Good luck in your endeavor—we wish you the best!

Other Options
It can only use a differently typed Hidden Power, for its power is secret, hidden, and locked away.

Opinion
The first time I saw Unown, they were hovering in a line above the floor, staring at me with malicious cyclops-eyes. Upon further inspection, I discovered their general shape to be Latin letters. They spelled:

THE MOTHER OF CHAOS’ MOTHER HAVING SEX WITH THREE MANS! OH NO!

I fled from the cave, eyes bleeding from unsolicited dirty images. I was so blinded by terror I tripped over a rock, fell, and scraped my arms. And when I hauled myself up, there they were. Standing seductively in front of three men was chaos’ grandmother.

Counters
Anything that resists its Hidden Power or anything that has good Special Defense beats the mighty Unown. Chansey walls Unown, even as a wielder of Hidden Power Fighting. Grumpig is also a good candidate to defeat Unown.
Near the end of the analysis, it could also read:
The first time I saw Unown, they were hovering in a line above the floor, staring at me with malicious cyclops-eyes. Upon further inspection, I discovered their general shape to be English words. They spelled:
And, again near the end of the analysis, it also could read:
CHAOS’ MOTHER HAVING SEX WITH THREE MANS! OH NO!

I fled from the cave, eyes bleeding from unsolicited dirty images. I was so blinded by terror I tripped over a rock, fell, and scraped my arms. And when I hauled myself up, there they were. Standing seductively in front of three men was chaos’ mother.
Sorry if I missed anything

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/unown

I know that this analysis is a joke, but having unintentional bad grammar isn't funny. There were a lot of small edits, so I'll just post the analysis the way it should be written, (with the exception of bolding and font size on subtitles,) with changes in red. And I don't have a problem with the usage of "oft", but many spellchecks do, so I went ahead and made that correction. Also, it is odd to mention so many OU Pokémon (and an Uber), seeing that Unown is clearly NU. Also, there really isn't such a thing as "English letters", because English uses the Latin alphabet. Unown cannot form a period, but it can form an exclamation point, so I made that correction. I will leave it up to the higher-ups to rewrite the 2nd or last paragraph, because in the last paragraph, it states that anything that resits the Hidden Power Unown is carrying can defeat Unown, when in the 2nd paragraph it says that Unown can 2HKO Magikarp with HP Ice, when Water clearly resists Ice. And Microsoft Word says that the first sentence of my revised last paragraph is a fragment, but I think it's correct.

The analysis:

Near the end of the analysis, it could also read:

And, again near the end of the analysis, it also could read:

Sorry if I missed anything
sorry, but since this is a humour article, we sort of want to leave the funny bits in it...

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/arcanine

In Arcanine's Counter's section, it says, "In OU, Rhyperior and Swampert" Rhyperior is currently UU.
fixed this, thanks!

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scizor

A minor typo in Scizor's Overview, under OU section.

"When you take into account the fact that it also boasts a whopping ten resistances with only one weakness, it's easy to see why Scizor has jumped to the top of the usage stats as the number one tank in the metagame."
i've noticed this as well, but i don't really know what it's supposed to say so there's no much i can do. :C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)