Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
(c/p'd from the thread of the same name in Stark Mountain)

Easy questions come up all the time, so ask them here.

A couple ground rules:

This is NOT a discussion thread.

• Please consult the sticky threads before posting a question here. Most basic information is contained in them.

• Do not ask non-LC related questions in this thread. For general Pokémon help, see the Simple Question / Simple Answer thread in Uncharted Territory.

• Do not start discussions in this thread. This is for simple questions that are expected to have a simple answer. If your question is an open-ended discussion-starter, it will be moderated.

• Do not continue discussions in this thread. Provide a simple answer to a posted simple question, or do not post at all. Do not go "back-and-forth" with posts.

This thread is for simple questions, and simple answers. Simple as that!

Is there a reason why stall isn't viable in Little Cup? I've tried it and failed, but I'm not a good stall player at all, so I'm thinking it might just be me.

SkyNet

MediEvil!
Stall is more viable than it was in 4th gen because of Evo Stone, i've seen a few LC stall teams knocking about that seem to be holding there own.

oh alright thanks. Probably cause little cup is more face paced, but stall actually might be harder than gen IV because of Murkrow as a mixed wall breaker and Natu screws up stall (plus everything has substitute)

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Stall is way easier. Evo Stone makes stuff like ShedRest Zuruggu nearly unkillable. Natu is never seen, anyways. Also Tesshiido was introduced, making Spiking a LOT easier. Even CM/FeatherDance Murkrow can "stall", as well as Cotton Guard Swablu. Stall is fairly easy to pull off in Gen V.

Hello, i am really interested in this metageme. Only having some problems with the EV's. Can someone give a link where it is proper explained? Thanks in advance

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will we be doing different LC guides? Like different types of weather, trick room etc?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Will we be doing different LC guides? Like different types of weather, trick room etc?
if you feel qualified to write one, write one. its not a matter of approval, its a matter of activity.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I wasn't sure if we were doing LC articles in general. Pardon the pun, but it's a pretty small tier :p

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
I've been running LC stall quite well, thinking I've had most threats checked. That is, until I start seeing NP Missy popping up everywhere. It seems to tear through all the 'checks' I can throw at it and is really making me question the effectiveness of stall in LC yet again. I was just wondering, are there any good NP Missy counters for stall? or am I basically forced to run a Scarfer / Stunky?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ice Beam can work pretty well on a Duskull just for coverage; I'm not too sure about other options, though. It should also be noted that Zuruggu/Scrafty sets up on any Duskull, so beware of that.

Moo

Professor
I've been running LC stall quite well, thinking I've had most threats checked. That is, until I start seeing NP Missy popping up everywhere. It seems to tear through all the 'checks' I can throw at it and is really making me question the effectiveness of stall in LC yet again. I was just wondering, are there any good NP Missy counters for stall? or am I basically forced to run a Scarfer / Stunky?
I run a bulky NP set. (It was on my sun rmt if you've seen it) It's pretty good, and I'm not sure if many stall orientated things can check it. Maybe you should get something to revenge it such as Pawniard or Carvanha with Sucker Punch and Speed Boost respectively. Stunky works too :)

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Munchlax with Crunch/Pusuit works pretty well in stall and still checks Misdreavus decently.

Hi. I'm new here and new to LC. I've had this one idea that I've been thinking about, and I haven't seen anything about it. So, here it is: Why is there nothing about Dragon Rage?

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dragon Rage is banned from standard Little Cup play. Sonicboom is banned as well. There is not a Little Cup guide for Gen V play at this point in time, but this article can give you the basic gist, I think.

Ok, I figured it had to be, I just hadn't seen it anywhere. Thank you! :D
edit: Wow. I sadden myself, I've been reading that since I posted my question (on and off,) and I somehow missed the glaring bullet that states that Dragon Rage is banned... -_-'

I've noticed that some pokemon have their HP IV lowered so that Substitue is better.

What benefit do they get from doing that?
What are they trying to change it to? (I.e do they want it to be even or odd, or do they want it to be a certain number)

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
I've noticed that some pokemon have their HP IV lowered so that Substitue is better.

What benefit do they get from doing that?
What are they trying to change it to? (I.e do they want it to be even or odd, or do they want it to be a certain number)
Depends on which Pokemon you're talking about and what set they are trying to pull off. I don't think I've seen any Pokemon that lower their IV's (mostly just EVs) for Substitute, I've usually only seen it for Life Orb.

For LO they want 19 HP total Stat (not IV) because the way Pokemon calculates Life Orb recoil is round down to the closest 10%, which in a pokemon with 19 HP's case is 1.

For Substitute, an odd numbered total stat hp (not IV) give you a possibility of Five total substitutes at full health, while an even number only gives you the possibility of Four.

I think the HP lowering you're talking about could be for Leech Seed. Leech Seed HP IV lowering is just so you get more overall hp recovered from your opponent so you could have the possibility of healing enough hp to be able to use Substitute again, effectively stalling out your opponent with Leech Seed damage.

Generally you want 19 HP in order to reduce the amount of recoil you take from Life Orb (1 point per move as opposed to 2 per move if you have 20). With Substitute it's the same principle, so you never want your HP to be a multiple of 4 because if you do that you only get 4 subs as opposed to 5.
Edit: Ninja'd :p

Download IRC here, go to #littlecup, and many LC fans hang out there. People are willing to answer questions and point you in the right direction. Also, build a team and just try laddering. Usage stats can be found here (although they have slightly different tiers) and good sets can be found in LC C&C. Hope this helped you out and have a blast in Smogon's best tier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)