Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
Why aren't the CAP mons on the current Smogon dex? I've also noticed that the entries for them on the CAP strategy dex are outdated. For example, I don't think any of them reference any gen 7 pokemon or mechanics, some are missing abilities, and Pajantom isn't even on there yet. Is there ongoing work to update them?

They have their own webpage on the CAP subsite.

The analysis that you can find there are outdated (I believe some are written specifically for when the CAP Pokemon was released). There are new ones in progress, but they take longer ot get through the QC and writing process here than in regular C&C (this also holds true for Pajantom). You can find those if you are looking for the recommended movesets in the CAP Metagame subforum.

Updates can also be found in this subforum. Usually, this or Showdown, including just asking in the chat, are the best ways to find information.

I'm new to the cap process and I was wondering if it would be better to join the discussion for a project midway or wait for the the next Cap project to start? Also, how long has the current Cap been in progress? I literally made an account just to join the Cap forums cause i enjoy battling with them and i love creating things ^.^

To answer the second question first, the current CAP started about two months ago. Art, name, sprite/model, pokedex entries remain for flavour, while states (in progress) and movepool for competitive-sided things.

For the first part, you can vote at any point in the process, so don't hold out on account of it being in the middle of a project. For the submissions parts, if you have ideas you can back up (or submissions of your own: be sure to read the formatting in the OPs of each thread), definitely participate.

I'm new to the cap process and I was wondering if it would be better to join the discussion for a project midway or wait for the the next Cap project to start? Also, how long has the current Cap been in progress? I literally made an account just to join the Cap forums cause i enjoy battling with them and i love creating things ^.^
I think it's definitely acceptable to join a project's discussion midway! Just be careful that you catch yourself up on the outcomes of past threads and the reasonings for choices that have been made so far. Obviously you don't have to read every single post (although if you do kudos to you), just make sure you understand what's important. It might be a bit of reading, but if you can get it done then you'll definitely be in a very good spot to talk about Stats Spreads and later on Movepool with everyone! Also, if you stop by the CAP Project room on Pokemon Showdown, I would be happy to help you catch up, and there are others who would be as well!

I hope to see you in discussions :D

Hey all. I've been out of the loop since Shoddy Battle days. I use to be a very regular poster and I've recently decided to pick this up as a side hobby. First off what simulator does CaP use now? I noticed Shoddy Battle got shutdown and Pokemon Showdown doesn't have a dedicated chatroom for CaP. Thanks in advance!

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello question how should one volunteer or help to an CAP Project or even the CAP pre Workshop should I be a long time member or what?
There are many ways to contribute to a project, normally by jumping into one of the active threads. You don't need to be a long time member to participate, but it is ideal that you have experience on the topic you want to join in on.

There are many ways to contribute to a project, normally by jumping into one of the active threads. You don't need to be a long time member to participate, but it is ideal that you have experience on the topic you want to join in on.
to double off this one. Has there been any progress on a #25 yet? I don't see exactly where I can dive in. Do we have a discord server on top of the chat + forum?

also, https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/ hasn't been updated for a while. I didn't even know Pajantom existed

to double off this one. Has there been any progress on a #25 yet? I don't see exactly where I can dive in. Do we have a discord server on top of the chat + forum?

also, https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/ hasn't been updated for a while. I didn't even know Pajantom existed
discord: https://discord.gg/acQZ65j

Jumbao was just released and the playtest hasn't started yet, CAP 25 will most likely be started in a couple of months. Furthermore the cap pokemon page will be updated soon (hopefully)

Hi, Just wanted to know where can i apply or Help or Create a Pokemon ?
Sady, our latest CAP Jumbao only recently finished, so you came a tad bit too late to contribute to it... Not all is bad though, as this means that a new one will start relatively quickly! Look out for threads starting with CAP25 to see where you can contribute--usually, more "regular" users start contributing around the Concept Submissions.

Are final submissions open in the Name Submissions thread yet? I do see quite a few final submission posts but I don't see any moderator post stating that final submissions are open till now.

Yes, they've been open since the start of the thread.

Quote:
"Name subs will be applicable to Final Submit from the opening of this thread! Ignore the rule above for the purposes of this thread only!"

Question for CAP25: Are we going to create new signature moves for each starter? Like Sparkling Aria, Darkest Lariat and Spirit Shackle. Is it possible to create new abilities like in previous CAP project (Mountaineer, Persistent) too?

So, not for CAP 25, no. During the PRC discussion on CAP 25 it was decided that any custom moves/custom abilities should be mandated by the framework, and that final decisions on grey-area frameworks would be made at the end of concept assessment. Since the framework that was chosen (Starter CAPs) did not mandate a custom move or ability, we will not have one on any of the CAPs.

So, not for CAP 25, no. During the PRC discussion on CAP 25 it was decided that any custom moves/custom abilities should be mandated by the framework, and that final decisions on grey-area frameworks would be made at the end of concept assessment. Since the framework that was chosen (Starter CAPs) did not mandate a custom move or ability, we will not have one on any of the CAPs.
Thank you. I have another question. I have searching something like "Timing Pool" where I can know how much time every pool is open for discussion or voting, but I didnt find it.

Hi everyone, I was researching past CAPs in order to format a WIP stat submission and I noticed that G-Luke referenced using Earthquake on Heatran and included various offensive calcs in his winning submission for Jumbao.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-24-part-7-base-stat-submissions.3631529/page-2
I've broken a Forum Specific Rule due to polljumping before and I don't want to reoffend, but I also want to present the best possible case for my submission (stats is actually my favorite CAP stage). So I just wanted to double check with the mods: are we allowed to include discussion of potential moves to support our stat submissions for CAP 25?
Thanks!

I'm not a mod, so take this with saltz but that was phrased more as this stat allows X, to give an example of what the real world effect of that stat provides.

May I ask if a CAP Doubles metagame will ever be taken in consideration?
I think it'd be very cool, expecially since we could go nuts with a more doubles-dedicated CAP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)