Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are only effected by the Poké's level
Thankyou! Glad I assumed correctly all this time haha. I just thought of something else... are both these moves considered just as effective in battles capped at 50 where they are doing 50 damage when pokemon could be at that point using a multitude of moves with higher base power?

Thankyou! Glad I assumed corrently all this time haha. I just thought of something else... are both these moves considered just as effective in battles capped at 50 where they are doing 50 damage when pokemon could be at that point using a multitude of moves with higher base power?
A Pokemon with 95 Base HP and 252 EVs reaches 394 HP at level 100 and 202 HP at level 50. This means that a Clefable with max HP would be able to take 4 Seismic Tosses at level 50, but not at level 100.

Instances like this make Seismic Toss and Night Shade slightly less useful at level 50, but are still useful on Pokemon with low offensive stats like Dusclops and Chansey. Also, keep in mind that level 50 games are usually either 3v3 Single battles or multi battles. In both types of battles, stalling is generally not a good idea, so you'd be better off using Pokemon that can both take damage and deal it back like Metagross and Gliscor.

Right, thankyou for helping me to understand that a lot better.

Another question - why is psycho shift not used on mono attackers (I'm thinking Latias here) instead of refresh or sub? It seems like a great way to spread status while curing yourself simultaneously... am I missing something?

Another question - why is psycho shift not used on mono attackers (I'm thinking Latias here) instead of refresh or sub? It seems like a great way to spread status while curing yourself simultaneously... am I missing something?
Because it doesn't work if something is already statused. For example, if Latias is Poisoned and your opponent has a paralyzed SpD Jirachi in on you, you're basically forced to give up all your boosts or die. Psycho Shift also lacks perfect accuracy, which is a big turn of for a support move. Refresh and Substitute are just more reliable.

Because you can't shift your status to a foe that already has a status so they could just status you again.

I plan on using a rest talk milotic. Would it be wiser to give it a lefties number at 385 (16+1) or leave it at max hp (394)? Actually, in general, which one is better said/used?

I plan on using a rest talk milotic. Would it be wiser to give it a lefties number at 385 (16+1) or leave it at max hp (394)? Actually, in general, which one is better said/used?
In OU, it's probably best to just go for max HP. The standard EV distribution is Calm 252HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD. Situations where it makes a big difference aren't common at all, so it's best to just maximize bulk.

Planning to get myself a Porygon-Z but how does it work with the Trait?

Is it this way?:

Porygon (Trace) -> Porygon2 (Trace) -> Porygon-Z (Adaptability)

and Porygon (Download) -> Porygon2 (Download) -> Porygon-Z (Download)

or is generated new after every evolution, like having a 50% chance of getting the right trait, because I hope it isn't.

is there any way to battle quickly with level 100 pokes over IR? Me and a group of about 6 other guys play tournaments regularly and have always done them at level 50 because of the way IR battling forces you to. Is there a way to battle at level 100 besides wi-fi?

Nix_Hex

I hope you make a million dollars
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Planning to get myself a Porygon-Z but how does it work with the Trait?

Is it this way?:

Porygon (Trace) -> Porygon2 (Trace) -> Porygon-Z (Adaptability)

and Porygon (Download) -> Porygon2 (Download) -> Porygon-Z (Download)

or is generated new after every evolution, like having a 50% chance of getting the right trait, because I hope it isn't.
I'd just like to add that this isn't exactly true if Porygon(2) is coming from a Gen III game, since Download didn't exist. It's more like:

- > Porygon2 (Trace) -> Porygon-Z (Adaptability)
Porygon (Trace) -<
- >Porygon2 (Download) -> Porygon-Z (Download)

-> Porygon-Z (Adaptability)
Porygon2 (Trace) -<
-> Porygon-Z (Download)

Edit: Okay the spaces are screwed up but it should be logical which is which.

Is there an alternate IVs set other than 31/30/31/30/31/30 for HP Fire? I don't want my Latios to get revenge killed by another Latios.

Is there still a difference between Heal Bell and Aromatherapy? As far as I remember Heal Bell hasn't affect soundproof Pokémon. You may know better.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there still a difference between Heal Bell and Aromatherapy? As far as I remember Heal Bell hasn't affect soundproof Pokémon. You may know better.
Heal Bell affects Soundproof Pokémon in Gen V. As far as I know there is no difference between the two moves now.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As of Generation V, both have the same effect. Heal Bell now heals soundproof Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)