Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I obtain shards in Black 2? I have been trying for some time in chargestone cave. I bought 99 super repels and currently i am at my 62nd super repel. Can someone answer this question?

is there a link that shows the pokemon with new level up moves in BW2 that are any different from their BW1 level up moves?

is there a link that shows the pokemon with new level up moves in BW2 that are any different from their BW1 level up moves?
Bulbapedia has that on each pokemon's page. The B/W learnest is on the left, and the B2/W2 is on the right. Every pokemon's level up moves (or at least the order) are pretty different from what I can tell, so a complete list of every pokemon would be too massive to be practical.

Bulbapedia has that on each pokemon's page. The B/W learnest is on the left, and the B2/W2 is on the right. Every pokemon's level up moves (or at least the order) are pretty different from what I can tell, so a complete list of every pokemon would be too massive to be practical.
So pretty much I would have to go through all the pokemon I am interested in to see if they learn any new moves through level up or egg moves (but i think no new egg moves was confirmed already)

So pretty much I would have to go through all the pokemon I am interested in to see if they learn any new moves through level up or egg moves (but i think no new egg moves was confirmed already)
I'm pretty sure that's right. I did a quick Google search to double check, but nothing good came up.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Practice, practice, practice. Then make a left.

Regardless ask for help on your teams in the RMT forum and you can check out the Smogon Tutoring program if you feel so obliged to learn that way.

Hey guys, not sure where to post this so I'll just ask here:

What is the difference between BL and BL2?
BL are Pokemon who don't meet the usage requirements for OU, but have been deemed too powerful for UU. BL2 is the same thing, only for UU and RU instead. BL3 is the same for RU and NU. Does that clear it up?

BL are Pokemon who don't meet the usage requirements for OU, but have been deemed too powerful for UU. BL2 is the same thing, only for UU and RU instead. BL3 is the same for RU and NU. Does that clear it up?
Oh okay thanks for clarifying. Are there even any Pokemon in BL3?

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/movesetchange.shtml

That'll show you every updated level-up moveset.

I have a question as well, who gets to vote when voting on suspects?
Just the council members for the respective tier that's being voted on. Honestly I don't remember all the council members for OU right now, but I know Earthworm and Alucard (AKA Haunter) are among them. However suspects are discussed publicly before they are voted on, so it's not a closed process exactly.

The old method where people with a certain ladder rating could vote on suspects was scrapped a while ago, partly because all the obviou suspects had been taken care of and partly because there was a lot of fear that the masses weren't making choices so much on what was good for the metagame as much as they were on how much a certain Pokemon/strategy annoyed them.

Hello I was wondering whether it would be possible to have a Landorus Therian form on a original Black/white. Because I was going to Pokegen a Landorus Therian form for my White and I don't know whether Pokegen can make a Landorus Therian form or whether it will remain a Landorus Therian form on my white or will it transform back into the original form? Thanks.

Hello I was wondering whether it would be possible to have a Landorus Therian form on a original Black/white. Because I was going to Pokegen a Landorus Therian form for my White and I don't know whether Pokegen can make a Landorus Therian form or whether it will remain a Landorus Therian form on my white or will it transform back into the original form? Thanks.
Landorus-T can't exist in BW. I'm not sure though if it would produce a Landorus or if it would leave a blank space

Are Seismic Toss and Night Shade effected by IVs? I had always assumed they weren't but I have never read anything confirming either way.

I just EV trained my Togekiss and using a DV calculator everything looks perfectly fine but I am still very sceptical. How can Togekiss have a Def stat of 300 (after Bold + 188 EV's) when its maximum is 317?

When I do the calculation, I get: 252-188=64, 64:4 = 16 that means that it should be 16 stat points less than the maximum (which would obv mean 252 EV's). Shouldn't the Def stat be 301 (317-16) rather than 300?

Am just curious because the DV calculator says 31 DV's on that stat (which is true) and I actually trust it

I just EV trained my Togekiss and using a DV calculator everything looks perfectly fine but I am still very sceptical. How can Togekiss have a Def stat of 300 (after Bold + 188 EV's) when its maximum is 317?

When I do the calculation, I get: 252-188=64, 64:4 = 16 that means that it should be 16 stat points less than the maximum (which would obv mean 252 EV's). Shouldn't the Def stat be 301 (317-16) rather than 300?

Am just curious because the DV calculator says 31 DV's on that stat (which is true) and I actually trust it
For some Pokemon there are "jump points", where at a specific stat number 4 more EVs will increase a stat by 2 points rather than one. Togekiss has one of these in its Defense stat, between 212 EVs and 216 EVs / 306 Defense and 308 Defense. So your Togekiss's EVs and IVs are perfectly fine.

How many EVs would I need to invest in speed on a Meloetta to outspeed Tornadus-T by at least 1 point when in Pirouette/Step Form with a Hasty Nature.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@SuperChillarmy- you can't really. 252 neutral LO EQ does around 48-56% to max Defense Amoonguss- which is 252 HP / 252 Def with Bold. That's a 28.13% chance to 2HKO, and 100% chance to 2HKO after SR. Looks like you'll have to find yourself another wall.

@Poke_Trainer: You'll need 200 Speed EV's and a positive nature to outspeed maxspeed Tornadus-T. At 252+, Tornadus-T sits at 375 Speed, while Meloetta-P at 200+ sits at 376 Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)