Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'm rusty from Pokemon... and I wasn't too great to begin with. Establishling a pattern that I can grasp will help me NOT make outlandish teams. (Blanket-defender magnezone, for example. "I'm going to pump that def!") Oh well.

So, how does the idea of a (as sdeffy as possible...) sdef-type-tank magnezone paired with a defensive slowbro sound? Moderately sane?

(My team planning is looking something like... Sdef-Magnezone, Standard CM-Slowbro [Or maybe trick-room,] MixNite, CB-Slaking with boltbeam punches... and then a heal-beller that can paralyze and or something else that can paralyze while tanking decently. [Gallade, maybe?])

What's the order of operations for EVs? I've asked this before, but no one seemed to pay attention...specifically, if you have 509 EVs, and faint an opponent giving you 1 Atk and 1 Sp Atk EV, which EV do you get? Or imagine that scenario, only you're holding a power item...

I like Salamence so much, I think it's time to get a good one on my DS.

I'm leaning towards DDmence. Which one do you guys would perform best on Wifi?

I currently have Naughty with max attack and speed, using Brick Break, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance. Brick Break OHKOs Blissey after a DD, and they always switch in >_> IVs are crap though.

I also want to try Bulkymence, or just a straight up DDmence... they are all so cool, which one works best?

What's the order of operations for EVs? I've asked this before, but no one seemed to pay attention...specifically, if you have 509 EVs, and faint an opponent giving you 1 Atk and 1 Sp Atk EV, which EV do you get? Or imagine that scenario, only you're holding a power item...
That's interesting, I'll have to test it some time today and get back to you on that.

Skiddle: I'd go with DDMence, it's straight out rape after your opponent's ice sharder/Weavile is gone.

What's the best way to get a Pikachu safely into play in OU? Note that this is a rain dance team.

I dunno if this is really a "simple" question, it just didn't seem to warrant its own thread though...

But which spread of moves?

Bulky, with Roost, DD, EQ, Dragon Claw
Mixed Life Orb, with DD, Brick Break, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw (kills skarmbliss, popular on wifi)
Life Orb with DD, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, EQ
Leftovers with DD, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, EQ

Or, an idea I am cooking up, Sub DD with Liechi Berry

What's the best way to get a Pikachu safely into play in OU? Note that this is a rain dance team.

I dunno if this is really a "simple" question, it just didn't seem to warrant its own thread though...
Usually as a revenge killer. Weather does not matter unless you're using thunder.

But which spread of moves?

Bulky, with Roost, DD, EQ, Dragon Claw
Mixed Life Orb, with DD, Brick Break, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw (kills skarmbliss, popular on wifi)
Life Orb with DD, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, EQ
Leftovers with DD, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, EQ

Or, an idea I am cooking up, Sub DD with Liechi Berry
kd24 runs subdd leichi, ask him about it xD

i like any mence with roost since dragon is an awesome defensive typing, be it toxic roost draco metoer impish mence (just use something that can kill tran!), ddroost mence or my fave lo mix =|

I once used this crazy subpunching mixed thing which worked okay if you constantly got it in on things it can kill and got up the sub.

How exactly does the move "Assurance" work? Does it become a permanent 100 BP move for the rest of the battle ( or until you switch out) as soon as you have once recieved Life Orb/Entry Hazards damage?

Because I'm thinking about using Assurance on Life Orb Primeape.

How exactly does the move "Assurance" work? Does it become a permanent 100 BP move for the rest of the battle ( or until you switch out) as soon as you have once recieved Life Orb/Entry Hazards damage?

Because I'm thinking about using Assurance on Life Orb Primeape.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/assurance

The idea is that if your target is damaged just before you hit it your attack becomes more powerful. It's not permanent or related to damage you take yourself.

So what with me currently on a raodblock of time in my first proper BP, I've been pondering if there have ever been anyone successful at running trade stores where the owners never use ARs or whatever to speed up the process.

So what with me currently on a raodblock of time in my first proper BP, I've been pondering if there have ever been anyone successful at running trade stores where the owners never use ARs or whatever to speed up the process.
Everstone is an incredible legit breeder. All his Pokemon are bred in Emerald. He uses the cloning glitch.

Just a quick question. Why can't Miltank be scrappy and have the elepunches(in D/P anyways)? I mean, doesn't Magic Guard Softboiled Clefable work the same way?

Scrappy is a D/P only ability. Punches are from Emerald tutor.

However, Scrappy Miltank can learn the Punches in Platinum, so no worries.

Scrappy is a D/P only ability. Punches are from Emerald tutor.

However, Scrappy Miltank can learn the Punches in Platinum, so no worries.
But isn't Magic Guard D/P only too? Not that it really matters because of Platinum, but I had always wondered why.

pokemon who were pal parked may change ability when evolving in DP. miltank cant evolve and therefore has no chance to change ability from thick fat. clefairy may change to magic guard when evolved into clefable

How do you open your saved battle logs that you saved on shoddy? I already tried opening them from Notepad but they weren't even saved there.

OK, so we all know by now that the Platinum Orb cannot be Tricked/Switcheroo'd/Theif'd/Coveted/Knock Off'd/Ect. from Origin Forme Giratina. But what if, say, a Mew holding Platinum Orb used Trick to GIVE the Orb to an Another Forme Giratina? Would that trigger a transformation?

pokemon who were pal parked may change ability when evolving in DP. miltank cant evolve and therefore has no chance to change ability from thick fat. clefairy may change to magic guard when evolved into clefable
Ahh, that makes more sense now. Thanks to both of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)