Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This was the case in the 2nd/3rd gen, since the game recognized Hidden Power as Normal-type, which was a physical type. Now, with the physical/special split, this doesn't matter, and it is a special attack that is not counterable.

Even though it makes no sense at all, I remember something about Counter being able to hit after a Hidden Power, is this still/was this ever the case?
That was probably about RSE - Hidden Powers could be physical or special depending on the type back then.

Steadfast becomes Iron Fist upon evolution to Hitmonchan, while Guts becomes Limber upon evolution to Hitmonlee.
I think he wanted to know which ability Tyrogue should have in order to get Limber or Iron Fist.

If Tyrogue has Guts;
The Hitmonlee will have Limber.
The Hitmonchan will have Keen Eye.
The Hitmontop will have Intimidate.

If Tyrogue has Steadfast;
The Hitmonlee will have Reckless.
The Hitmonchan will have Iron Fist.
The Hitmontop will have Technician.

If you transferred Tyrogue in from R/S/E/FR/LG, the ability of its evolution may or may not match what a Guts Tyrogue would usually have upon evolving.

Can pokemon abilities cancel out overworld effects? This one time, I walked onto the route west of pastoria with a psyduck in my party and the sky darkened but it didn't actually rain.
Trying it out the past couple of days hasn't yielded the same result - was that just a glitch, or is it something else I'm not quite aware of?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If only one stat can be chosen, which stat would be more important for Scizor to have 31 IV in, SP. Def or Speed?
Sp. Def for sure. Scizor's Steel typing allows a multitude of resistances on the special side, like Dark, Ghost, Dragon, and Psychic. Speed isn't so much an issue with Bullet Punch and maybe Quick Attack, but it's still good to let the Speed be high (outrun Skarmory and stuff).

ok i'm running an anti-dark void smeagle. the poke i'm using is a...smeargle with these moves: dark void/trick room/endeavor/fake out. should i give him focus sash incase he goes in a non TR battle or a anti-sleep berry so the other smeargle can't put him to sleep?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
why are there differences in the stats of pokes when looking at serebii vs smogon.
serebii
smogon
if you look at the min stat of kinglers defense, smogon says 239 while serebii says 211. Why?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
why are there differences in the stats of pokes when looking at serebii vs smogon.
serebii
smogon
if you look at the min stat of kinglers defense, smogon says 239 while serebii says 211. Why?
That's also including a 0 IV in Defense.

It goes all the way from 0 IV and no EVs to 31 IV and 252 (255) EVs.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonplatinum/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-49014702&pid=946308

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonplatinum/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48839875&pid=946308

I've encountered the same problem as them. I saved at the waterfall before I meet Azelf, and have pushed the boulders down for both Uxie and Mesprit. However, when I take an invisible elevator down to Cynthia, all she says is "But...That's no justice at all!"

I've tried resetting the boulders by going north of where Cynthia is, as well as going in and out of Distortion World (back to Spear Pillar), but whenever I go back to the place where I'm supposed to meet Cyrus for the first time, he doesn't appear. I don't seem to be able to proceed with battling Cyrus and Giratina, and need help urgently. Someone please provide a solution?

P.S. I've been to the parts where Giratina flies past, Giratina flies past twice correct?

Bump. Nobody knows how to solve this?

Thanks Aromaflora, although I wish I read your post before making my decision -_-

I have another question. So I have a Rash Shaymin, and I was thinking about running a mixed set. Does anyone have an ideas for a moveset w/o Hidden Power (has HP Ice 44 -_-)?

Is a mixed set even viable for either Shaymin or Shaymin-S?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a Rash Shaymin, and I was thinking about running a mixed set. Does anyone have an ideas for a moveset w/o Hidden Power (has HP Ice 44 -_-)?

Is a mixed set even viable for either Shaymin or Shaymin-S?
Nah, mixed isn't viable at all really. You either go special, or physical with Swords Dance.

Speaking of which, Rash isn't exactly the best nature for Shaymin. I would reset if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)