Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the IV check code on AR, but it only shows one set no matter what Pokemon I use it on. I used it on a Pokemon that I KNOW the IVs for, and it still gave me the same (wrong) set. Does anybody know why?

Is this how Destiny Bond works:

Gengar used Destiny Bond.
Gengar is trying to take its foe with it!
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
(end of turn)
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Gengar lost 80% of its health.
Gengar fainted.
Gengar took Scizor with it!
Scizor fainted.

In other words, does Destiny Bond last until the end of the turn after it's used?

Hey guys, wondering if you could rate this Charizard's IVs for me.

Charmander - #4 (Impish)
HP: 13
Att: 26
Def: 24 - 25
SpA: 11 - 13
SpD: 29
Speed: 30 - 31

I know it's nature and HP suck.
But, are his speed and attack good enough to make a good physical sweeping charizard (assuming 252 EVs in attack & 252 in speed), for online battling? Or are the adamant Charizards with 31 IVs in attack much, much better than this?

thanks in advance

Hey guys, wondering if you could rate this Charizard's IVs for me.

Charmander - #4 (Impish)
HP: 13
Att: 26
Def: 24 - 25
SpA: 11 - 13
SpD: 29
Speed: 30 - 31

I know it's nature and HP suck.
But, are his speed and attack good enough to make a good physical sweeping charizard (assuming 252 EVs in attack & 252 in speed), for online battling? Or are the adamant Charizards with 31 IVs in attack much, much better than this?

thanks in advance
no offense but it sucks,
ps next time use the discuss my pokemon thread in wifi

Is this how Destiny Bond works:

Gengar used Destiny Bond.
Gengar is trying to take its foe with it!
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
(end of turn)
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Gengar lost 80% of its health.
Gengar fainted.
Gengar took Scizor with it!
Scizor fainted.

In other words, does Destiny Bond last until the end of the turn after it's used?
It lasts until they attack again. So if Scizor used Pursuit while Gengar used Shadow Ball, Gengar would have fainted.

Question again, why are leftovers used so commonly for hold items in battles?
It's really more a placeholder than anything, simply because most other items are specialized (not everything can use/needs Life Orb, Choice Items, etc).

At level 50, is one stat point not necessarily equal to 8 EVs? I was under the assumption that it was, in which case, according to IV/EV calculators, one of my Pokémon should have 104 HP EVs to reach its current stat, but since he only took 10 Pomeg Berries, his HP EVs must be between 91 and 100. I'm guessing that it's 100 EVs (10 HP Ups), but if my assumption is correct, then I suppose I need to use a different calculator and try this again. Thanks!

mewtwo runs that exact same set, but with much better sp. atk and speed
Why is mew even Uber? Jirachi hast he exact same base stats as Mew and alot better defensive typing, why isn't Jirachi Uber? Dragonite also has the same base stats as Mew, is Dragonite even high OU?

Misdreavus: I believe that the first 4 EVs give 1 stat point at level 50 and then it's every 8 after that.
Ah, thanks! I double-checked this with MetalKid's stat calculator and it's correct! My stats would in fact be the same regardless of whether I had 100 or 104 EVs.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to me that this is only correct when dealing with odd-numbered IVs, and my original theory (just 1 stat point for every 8 EVs) is correct when dealing with even-numbered IVs.

Why is mew even Uber? Jirachi hast he exact same base stats as Mew and alot better defensive typing, why isn't Jirachi Uber? Dragonite also has the same base stats as Mew, is Dragonite even high OU?
Mew isn't uber for it's typing or bulk, but rather for its insane versitility. Basically, Mew can be a very solid, bulky baton passer that can literally pass boosts in any stat, while it also has the speed, power and movepool (hellooooo nasty plot) to sweep easily (like Manaphy can, another Uber of the exact same base stats). When trouble comes it can Baton Pass away to sweep with something else. I don't know how Dragonite comes into play there, Base Stat Total is absolutely meaningless.

Is it a good idea to invest 72Def on ScarfGar to enable it to take a CB BP from Scizor? Also, seeing Medicham takes one CB BP from Scizor with 0HP/6Def, is a CB Fire Punch a better option than Rock Slide?

Not sure if this is a valid question since it involves a hacked Pokemon, but I thought I'd take the chance and ask: If a flying-type Arceus uses Roost (learned via hacking), what will its type be?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this is a valid question since it involves a hacked Pokemon, but I thought I'd take the chance and ask: If a flying-type Arceus uses Roost (learned via hacking), what will its type be?
It becomes the ??? type, and all attacks are neutral on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)