Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have the father know both moves when you breed it.

EDIT: I already said that's an illegal combination, so I did answer your question.

... I don't think you understand my question. Think about it, how are you supposed to get both the moves (Aqua Jet and Yawn) onto the Father Squirtle to begin with?

I have a new question on the experience thing. As mentioned in my previous post, a level 2 wild Poochyena gives 15 exp. points for defeating. If I have 6 Pokémon, some who battle, some who hold the EXP. Share, and some who both battle and hold the EXP. Share, how is it all divided up? Say I have:

A: battles
B: battles, holds EXP. Share
C: battles, holds EXP. Share
D: battles, holds EXP. Share
E: battles, holds EXP. Share
F: battles, holds EXP. Share

How are the 15 experience points divided up? Also, when a Pokémon is calculated to gain a fractional amount of experience points, is it just rounded to the nearest point?

I hope I'm not sounding too confusing... I tried to lay this out as clearly as I could. Thanks!

I have a new question on the experience thing. As mentioned in my previous post, a level 2 wild Poochyena gives 15 exp. points for defeating. If I have 6 Pokémon, some who battle, some who hold the EXP. Share, and some who both battle and hold the EXP. Share, how is it all divided up? Say I have:

A: battles
B: battles, holds EXP. Share
C: battles, holds EXP. Share
D: battles, holds EXP. Share
E: battles, holds EXP. Share
F: battles, holds EXP. Share

How are the 15 experience points divided up? Also, when a Pokémon is calculated to gain a fractional amount of experience points, is it just rounded to the nearest point?

I hope I'm not sounding too confusing... I tried to lay this out as clearly as I could. Thanks!
Well first off with issues involving EXP. Share, experience points are divided up 50/50 amongst Battlers and those that hold EXP. Share so right off the bat, each pokemon A through F recieve 7.5 / 6 = 1.25 exp. Those holding EXP. Share will get the other 50% of the experience points. That includes pokemon B through F recieving 7.5 / 5 = 1.50 exp.

In total,

Pokemon A recieves 1.25 exp.
Pokemon B recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon C recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon D recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon E recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon F recieves 2.75 exp.

As for the rounding, I am not sure but I would assume it rounds to the nearest experience point.

Well first off with issues involving EXP. Share, experience points are divided up 50/50 amongst Battlers and those that hold EXP. Share so right off the bat, each pokemon A through F recieve 7.5 / 6 = 1.25 exp. Those holding EXP. Share will get the other 50% of the experience points. That includes pokemon B through F recieving 7.5 / 5 = 1.50 exp.

In total,

Pokemon A recieves 1.25 exp.
Pokemon B recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon C recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon D recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon E recieves 2.75 exp.
Pokemon F recieves 2.75 exp.

As for the rounding, I am not sure but I would assume it rounds to the nearest experience point.
Okay, I enacted this same exact scenario, and here's what my Pokémon got:

A: 1 exp. point
B: 2 exp. points
C: 2 exp. points
D: 2 exp. points
E: 2 exp. points
F: 2 exp. points

So, this should prove that exp. points are always rounded down.

Is 204 the needed hp evs to give latias (basically pokemon with 80 base hp) maximum leftovers recovery? Or is 252 just fine?

@Misdreavus: Considering that many of the functions in Pokemon operate with a "floor" around nearly anything that can result in a decimal, that shouldn't be too surprising.

@ CShadow: Yes, 204 EVs gives a Pokemon with base 80 HP the highest Leftovers number they can have. However, more bulk is generally preferred to settling for a Leftovers number, so most would go ahead and max HP.

Heyo. Again, I'm sorry to be a bother, but I've got another math question for you gurus out there. Which pokemon are *not* ohkoed by a max attack +4 scizor's bullet punch? That's my question, and thanks a bunch in advance!

EDIT: If that's too many, and varies on stats or whatnot, If there's a site out there that'll help me, I'd be appreciative of a link there. ^^;;

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Not really sure where to ask this but, are these new UU pokemon going to be able to be used in the upcoming UU tour this week?

Rotom got a good deal of upgrade with its alternate forms, bringing it to the standard metagame from the depths of UU.
With the increase of all its stats (except speed) and the addition of five different moves (Leaf Storm, Blizzard, Overheat, Air Slash and Hydro Pump) in its move pool, the Rotom-A found diversified niches in the OU environment.
However it can be noted that all formes retained their electric-ghost typing, with its immunity to Ground, Normal, and Fighting; and resistance to Steel, Electric, Flying, Poison, and Bug attacks.
What would have been the scenario if the Rotom-A changed their electric typing according to their exclusive move?

Rotom
Electric-Ghost
Weakness: Ghost and Dark
Resistance: Steel, Electric, Flying, Poison, and Bug
Immunity: Ground, Normal, and Fighting

Rotom-C
Grass-Ghost
Weakness: Fire, Ice, Flying, Ghost and Dark
Resistance: Water, Grass, Steel, Electric, Flying, Poison, and Bug

Rotom-F
Ice-Ghost
Weakness: Fire, Rock, Steel, Ghost and Dark
Resistance: Ice, Poison, and Bug
• Takes 25% from Stealth Rocks.

Rotom-H
Fire-Ghost
Weakness: Water, Rock, Ghost and Dark
Resistance: Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel, Poison, and Bug

Rotom-S
Flying-Ghost
Weakness: Electric, Ice, Rock, Ghost and Dark
Resistance: Grass, Poison, and Bug
• This would be the only typing out of the five that is shared by an existing fully-evolved Pokémon, which is Drifblim.

Rotom-W
Water-Ghost
Weakness: Electric, Grass, Ghost and Dark
Resistance: Fire, Water, Ice, Steel, Poison, and Bug

Which of the following Rotom-A benefit from such a hypothetical re-typing? Which would take it as a disadvantage? I personally think the weakness to stealth rock would hamper some Rotom-A from blocking spinners.
Can I ask more experienced members of the community to discuss this?

I need some suggetions for Hypno; beeing Psychic, it has awful STAB but wonderful supportive options. Hypnosis/Thunder Wave/Ice Punch/Psycho Cut maybe?

Ok, maybe you all can help me decide, I'm about to make a standard team, but i can't decide on whether to build it around SpecsMence or SpecsLatias. They both have their ups and downs, my main ones are, well, Mence has lower speed and SR damage is 25%, but it also has better typing, well, it just isn't psychic, and intimidate is very nice, and it has much more surprise value since majority of mence's nowadays are phsycial or mix, and you never really know what your gonna face. But SpecsLatias has higher speed, doesn't take much damage from SR, but it's psychic typing means it can be pursuited easily, getting trapped, also, kinda a lame movepool, mainly the SR thing is what's making me iffy about salamence, cuz then i'll prolly need to carry a spinner which i don't necessarily want to have to use a spot for, idk, what do you all think?????

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Question - why can't ColdEye read the analyses?

To answer you Coldeye, Go with Special sets, as it can use Nasty Plot.

I need some suggetions for Hypno; beeing Psychic, it has awful STAB but wonderful supportive options. Hypnosis/Thunder Wave/Ice Punch/Psycho Cut maybe?

Wish is also a very good support move. Good recovery for hypno itself, and other teammates.

um, check the strategy dex though, they have all the options that are actually useful there. Not psycho cut, its' atk stat is crap as well as it's sp.atk frankly, seismic toss is an option. But yes, it's definitely a very good support poke.

~Should I even bother with the 66HP on Mamoswine?
~Should I even use MixMamo? Mamoswine's SpA seems so inferior...
~Lead Mamo, SR/EQ/Ice Shard/SE or Ice Fang? SE is slightly more powerful, but alot less reliable.

I have asked them a bunch of times but there not coming through for me.
Well the topic there is specifically for requests. If you can't get it there you won't be finding it here.

~Should I even bother with the 66HP on Mamoswine?
~Should I even use MixMamo? Mamoswine's SpA seems so inferior...
~Lead Mamo, SR/EQ/Ice Shard/SE or Ice Fang? SE is slightly more powerful, but alot less reliable.
-No
-Not without Hail, even then I'd advise against it (there are much better Blizzard users)
-Ice Fang, you can't really risk a miss on things like Azelf, plus the Freeze/Flinch chance is always nice.

Well the topic there is specifically for requests. If you can't get it there you won't be finding it here.

-No
-Not without Hail, even then I'd advise against it (there are much better Blizzard users)
-Ice Fang, you can't really risk a miss on things like Azelf, plus the Freeze/Flinch chance is always nice.
Thanks, some other opinions?

I've just gotten mIRC and have registered Dejatoons. How do I connect to #smogon and #stark? I'm not recieving the confirmation e-mail. The only user I see when I try to connect to #smogon is a bot called @Satoshi|Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)