Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone help me find out some information on Gengar? What kind of EVs and nature would Gengar need to OHKO Blissey with Explosion after Stealth Rock while holding a Life Orb?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Symbols? I thought you got the starter for completing the pokedex in Emerald.

And I wanted to see 'em so I could fish the GTS for 'em.

Anyway, thanks a bunch. ^^
quite right, once you complete the hoen pokedex, you can go to the prof and he will give you the choice of one of the three johto starters.

So I am in a tournament this summer where we each got assigned a type and are expected to build a team of 6 pokemon of that type and two that arent. Seeing as my luck is god-awful, I was handed the Poison type. So my question is this;
If I was to build a Poison type team with two non-poisons (who also cant be legendary) who should I pick and why?

I posted this a few pages back but it seems to have been overlooked. So I'm posting it again :)

Why is the recommended ev spread for physical swampert 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def? Shouldn't it have more attack than that considering it's the physical set? Even mixpert has some evs in spAtt...why doesn't this have any offensive ev's?

I'm hoping to make it so that my swampy can 2HKO the average Blissey with e/q but I don't want to change any evs until I know whether the "recommended" spread is important for whatever reason.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
So I am in a tournament this summer where we each got assigned a type and are expected to build a team of 6 pokemon of that type and two that arent. Seeing as my luck is god-awful, I was handed the Poison type. So my question is this;
If I was to build a Poison type team with two non-poisons (who also cant be legendary) who should I pick and why?
Just some suggestions:

Tentacruel for Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin.
Gengar.
Roserade for Spikes.
Crobat for fast taunts/U-turn.
Nidoking for a good mixed attacker.
Weezing as a physical wall.
And then something for Ground/Psychic attacks/isn't covered by those Pokemon already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gv5M7poXn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcNVftG2dmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9p3d75HbYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9p3d75HbYE

Rounds 1-4 of a monotype tournament, narrated by the guy who used Poison and won the whole tournament. He's good. You can get some ideas from him. ;D

What's a typical lead Gliscor set/EV spread? I can't find a specific lead set in the analysis, but the Stallbreaker set looks about right; is it?

For Azumarill in the Battle Tower(don't ask why) would it be better to have Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Superpower/Double Edge or Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Superpower/Ice Punch?

Vance said once Fire Blast "outcalsses" Flamethrower; I feel so as well. Can I use Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Fire Blast/Hydro Pump?

Firstly, I'm looking to round out my Porygon-Z's moveset ingame, (decent hidden power is unavailable), but I noticed that unless there is a 4X difference in effectivity I may as well use Tri-Attack most of the time (Adaptability). A move to hit ghosts is in order, and honestly I can't see anything Dark Pulse (the recomended move) has over Shadowball, as the chance to special-drop a switch-in appeals more than the possiblity of surviving one more turn by flinching something, and most ghosts should be OHKO'd after a nasty plot anyway. I can't find another move with the coverage that would warrent using it. Should I just go with Hyper-Beam for the glorious suicide?

Also, I have already asked this, but since is already burried, I'll ask again - what pokes are good for spreading paralysis around to allow medium-speed sweepers to sweep? Looking at Mesprit, Uxie, Cressalia, Gyarados and Togekiss at the moment, but I'm sure there are others.

Finally, I'm looking to make myself a Salamence with a twist. I was thinking something along the lines of DD, Outrage, Fire Blast and Hydropump, so I can lure in physical walls with DD and obliterate them. Also, I can't help but notice that with the obvious exception of outrage, Salamence's special attacks have higher BP than his physical ones, and most of the steels that resist outrage can be obliterated by FireBlast/Hydropump. Is this wise, or shoud I rather get another physical attack and use Draco Meteor instead?

Thanks in advance,
Ascalon.

Is there a type coverage sheet/ap for different tiers, but for the most recent versions of all tiers? Something like X-Act or WaitingForSeedot's, only theirs are slightly outdated.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Simply, because Fire Blast misses a lot, and the specs boost helps flamethrowers lower power. It all comes down to what you need, power or accuracy.

Are max Speed EV's necessary on a Choice Band Relicanth? What does 252 neutral Speed nature Relicanth outspeed as opposed to neutral Speed 0 EV Relicanth? I am thinking about placing those extra EV's into something to increase its longtivity.

And yes, I am speaking for any Tier (barring Ubers).

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Assuming they're all running 0 Spe, here's a list of the common Pokemon between 146 (Reli's min) and 209 (Reli's max)

Magnezone, Porygon, Swampert, Weezing, Tyranitar, Scizor, Clefable, Lapras, Glaceon, Walrein, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Breloom, Hitmontop, Cloyster, Ludicolo, Skarmory, Gyarados, Milotic, Suicune, Cresselia, Rotom-Application.

You can use the on-site speed tier articles for queries like this in future.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/ou_speed_tiers
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/uu_speed_tiers

Could someone help me find out some information on Gengar? What kind of EVs and nature would Gengar need to OHKO Blissey with Explosion after Stealth Rock while holding a Life Orb?
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gengar

40 Atk EVs (Hasty) or 92 Atk EVs (Timid).

Ah, I see. Thanks alot, pal. I forgot all about the speed tier articles.

But in your opinion, which of those threats should Relicanth beat in speed? Surely allocating the full 252 to speed is not necessary, is it?

Why don't you read the analysis before asking here.
Psychic hurts Fighters more than Gengar's other attacks, but most of them won't enjoy boosted Shadow Balls, so it still remains a lesser option.

Ok, so I'm now planning on breeding a mixed Tangrowth. The analysis recommends a 29 HP IV for LO recoil, but at the same time asks for HP Fire. Now, there is no way to get HP Fire 70 with a 29 HP IV, but you CAN get HP 69 with it. Is this one point of power worth sacrificing for the 29 HP? Or should I just go for 70 and forget about the LO number?

Also, could someone recommend the best HP Fire IV combination for this? (HP Fire mixed Naive Tangrowth)

Quick question about egg moves. I'm breeding a Staraptor with egg the egg moves Pursuit and Steel Wing. I've got the egg with the DC man, but I need to go EV train a few pokemon. My question is, are the egg moves like gender/ability/shiny and decided once it's made, or is it like IV's and is decided as you pick it up?

Ok, so I'm now planning on breeding a mixed Tangrowth. The analysis recommends a 29 HP IV for LO recoil, but at the same time asks for HP Fire. Now, there is no way to get HP Fire 70 with a 29 HP IV, but you CAN get HP 69 with it. Is this one point of power worth sacrificing for the 29 HP? Or should I just go for 70 and forget about the LO number?

Also, could someone recommend the best HP Fire IV combination for this? (HP Fire mixed Naive Tangrowth)
Life Orb numbers aren't really necessary, they're actually pretty useless and the benefits aren't so huge. Having said that, the difference between 69 and 70 power Hidden Power isn't significant either.

Also, the best spreads for hidden power fire really don't differ much at all, as 1 point of IVs hardly makes a difference. I'd say it's up to your preference and what looks better. :D

Quick question about egg moves. I'm breeding a Staraptor with egg the egg moves Pursuit and Steel Wing. I've got the egg with the DC man, but I need to go EV train a few pokemon. My question is, are the egg moves like gender/ability/shiny and decided once it's made, or is it like IV's and is decided as you pick it up?
Egg moves are never random. They are always set to override level 1 moves if the Pokemon has multiples of those (Spiritomb). Assuming the parent's moveset doesn't change from leveling up in the daycare, every single egg and baby will have the same moveset.

From the strategyDex: "40 Attack EVs and a Hasty nature (92 Attack EVs when using Timid nature) are recommended when using Explosion, allowing Gengar to OHKO standard Blissey after Stealth Rock."

What's a typical lead Gliscor set/EV spread? I can't find a specific lead set in the analysis, but the Stallbreaker set looks about right; is it?
The stallbreaker was obviously tl;dr: :This Gliscor set also makes for a very effective lead, with the ability to Taunt the slower users of Stealth Rock, such as Hippowdon and Metagross, while setting up its own. If you are using Gliscor in a lead position, it is recommended that you give it 88 Atk EVs to guarantee the 2HKO on max HP Metagross with Earthquake, which can be taken from Defense and then HP. Getting Stealth Rock up early on in the game is highly beneficial as well, and so it is a good choice over U-turn for leading Gliscor."

I use 352 hp > 354. It's a lefties number. Knock off is also a good option for the fourth slot to scout items.

Quick question about egg moves. I'm breeding a Staraptor with egg the egg moves Pursuit and Steel Wing.
No you're not. Staraptor can't breed for steel wing. It's TM47. There's no reason for you to even use it. At lvl 34, staraptor learns close combat, which is way way better. Maybe you meant double edge? If the father was a skarmory you're going to have to make do with take down.

I have no idea about your question though, heh.

No you're not. Staraptor can't breed for steel wing. It's TM47. There's no reason for you to even use it. At lvl 34, staraptor learns close combat, which is way way better. Maybe you meant double edge? If the father was a skarmory you're going to have to make do with take down.

I have no idea about your question though, heh.
Errr, since it's a TM and the baby can learn it normally through a TM, it's a guaranteed Egg move. I'm just answering the question, but obviously Close Combat is a whole lot better. XD

Can the move Psycho Shift be used while asleep to transfer that to your opponent?

Also, is it possible to use Swagger on yourself in double battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)