Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel really, really stupid for asking this, since I've done it a million times, but... my level 23 Weavile isn't getting an effort ribbon even though I maxed out his EVs. Is there a level you have to reach, since most of my EVed pokes are usually at level 50+, or did I somehow overlook something?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I feel really, really stupid for asking this, since I've done it a million times, but... my level 23 Weavile isn't getting an effort ribbon even though I maxed out his EVs. Is there a level you have to reach, since most of my EVed pokes are usually at level 50+, or did I somehow overlook something?
Maybe you just miscounted? If you didn't, then maybe you just invested 508 Evs?

OK. sorry...I'll stop asking about Uber Psychic moves....
Is Psychic on Latias redaunt even in OU? Should I use Psychic on NP Jynx or SpecsStar? I won't be using Psychic moves in Ubers anymore, but Jynx isn't Uber...

Nobody seems to be able to answer this question, possibly because it's a bit random. In gen IV, will you get a Rare Candy if you attach an Oran Berry to a Shuckle and leave it there for a bit?

Maybe you just miscounted? If you didn't, then maybe you just invested 508 Evs?
I thought about the latter possibility so I went out and fought some wild pokemon and came back... still no effort ribbon. I know I fought the right number of pokes and I attached the right power item, so I don't know what went wrong O.o

I've looked around, and I the info I find is rather vague (if any), so I've come here. My question is: is there a way (outside of going into a LV. 50/100 wifi battle) to make the EVs my Pokémon has count towards their stat?

For example, my level 50 Azelf has 252 SpA EVs and 252 Spe EVs, but since it was caught at level 50, the Azelf's stats don't account for it. How could I then make the stats account for the EVs other than levelling it up to level 51?

EDIT: Never mind, found out with a bit of playing around. All that's needed is to put the Pokémon in a PC, then reset (not sure if resetting is even necessary, I just did it to be sure). Thanks anyway.

OK. sorry...I'll stop asking about Uber Psychic moves....
Is Psychic on Latias redaunt even in OU? Should I use Psychic on NP Jynx or SpecsStar? I won't be using Psychic moves in Ubers anymore, but Jynx isn't Uber...
NP Jynx likes Psychic as a second STAB, but if you use NP/Kiss/Sub/Attack, go with Ice Beam over Psychic. If you run 2 attacks, go with Psychic/Ice Beam, 3 attacks, no clue for the third move.

Psychic is fairly good in UU as an attacking type, not so much in OU, because you invite T-Tar to come in and Pursuit. Basically, if you use Psychic, try not to go Choiced, or go with something like Zam that has something to beat T-Tar.

NP Azelf uses Psychic/Flamethrower, so you'll want HP Fighting in the third slot.

For the Member's Card Darkrai: Are the IVs set once you enter the hotel, or are they set once you initiate the battle? I guess a more simple question would be, can I save right in front of Darkrai and then RNG abuse, or must I save outside the hotel?

is the capture rate of a transformed ditto equal to the rate of the pokemon it transformed to, or does it remain unchanged (ditto = 35 capture rate)?

is the capture rate of a transformed ditto equal to the rate of the pokemon it transformed to, or does it remain unchanged (ditto = 35 capture rate)?
It becomes that of the Pokemon it transformed into, which makes them real easy to catch if they transform into something like a Magikarp.

Should NP Jynx use three attacking moves, or just two with Lovely Kiss? Is Psychic Latias redaunt even in OU?
given jynx's frailness it will be very hard to set up without lovely kiss

there are very few important targets that latias could hit with psychic, however if your team really hates machamp or something it might be worth it.

OK, imagine this situation: I equip my Weavile with the appropriate power item, then stick him at the top of my party. I encounter a goldeen, and swap out upon battle start.

Does the power item still work? Because if not then that explains everything.

OK, imagine this situation: I equip my Weavile with the appropriate power item, then stick him at the top of my party. I encounter a goldeen, and swap out upon battle start.

Does the power item still work? Because if not then that explains everything.
As long as it's not at Level 100, then yes, it would work.

I know for sure it still works, EV trained my Mixmence by having Shelgon face Golducks in the resort area and switching to Jolt. Got the effort ribbon just fine.

I don't know what to tell you about your weaville, but that wasn't the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)