Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm not sure I'm doing the calcs right so...
How much damage will a standard Rotom-H do to a standard Foretress with Overheat?
Then, if it survives (sash or whatever) how much damage will that Foretress do to that Rotom with Payback?
Just put it into an online damage calculator. I use this one.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/damage.php

I think the damage it gives is about 2 points higher than what it should be (because it doesn't constantly round down) but that shouldn't matter much unless you want to calculate the chance of OHKO's, 2HKO's, etc.

Depends if you fight on the ladder or not.
Sometimes when you lose against a player with a high rating, you won't lose much (I think)
If you lose to someone with a much higher rating, you don't lose much and if you win against someone with a much lower rating you don't gain much.

Quick question:

If i used pokesav on a flash card file but catched a pokemon normally in game, if i transfer it to a normal copy of the game, will the game appear as hacked?

Thanks.
From what research I've done on the subject, I believe using Pokesav deletes part of the save file of the game you use it on, however if you transfer the Pokemon over to a clean cartridge it will remain unmodified - however I also believe there are other methods from which the Pokemon itself can be identified as hacked.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends if you fight on the ladder or not.
Sometimes when you lose against a player with a high rating, you won't lose much (I think)
I think you misunderstood my question. I know that when you lose your CRE is decreasing. What I wanted to ask is "Does the number of lose affect the points you get when you wim"?

I know this should be in ever grande city but no one seems to ever reply there so here is my question : Did anyone crack the Fr/Lg rng? If so can someone link me or give me more info please

Do any of these moves work on gengar: Psywave, Nightmare, Psychic, Destiny Bond, Confuse Ray, Dream Eater? Would pairing Gengar with Darkrai in Ubers for Nightmare abuse be a good idea?

Do any of these moves work on gengar: Psywave, Nightmare, Psychic, Destiny Bond, Confuse Ray, Dream Eater? Would pairing Gengar with Darkrai in Ubers for Nightmare abuse be a good idea?
Psywave isn't neccessary because Gengar has high SpAtk and good type coverage. Nightmare and Dream Eater aren't useful because you can only put one Pokemon to sleep at one time, if Sleep Clause is active. Psychic could be used to hit Poison and Fighting types better, but Gengar has better moves to use.

Destiny Bond could be useful for taking something down when Gengar's low on health but usually Explosion is prefered. Confuse Ray is better left to Pokemon that can take a hit, like Rotom-A. Nightmare still shouldn't be used with Darkrai and it would be better for Darkrai to just use it anyway.

You should look in the analysis next time.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gengar

I've looked, but I was wondering if there was anywhere I on smogon where I could find usage stats about how often certain moves are used in general, not just with each Pokemon, but just in general?

1) What type goves best coverage with Psychic moves?
2) Why is Psychic considered a very low-rank offensive type these days? Is it also defensively bad?
3) Should I use Psychic on Latias or Zen Headbutt on Metagross?

Is there any good movesets for Battle Tower sweepers faster than Starmie?
@Life Orb
252Atk/6SpD/252Spe
Jolly nature
~Swords Dance
~Night Slash
~Ice Shard/Ice Punch
~Brick Break

don't double post, you will get banned again....

But back on topic, that weavile works great, but make sure to use ice punch over ice shard, priority isn't needed on a sweeper, only to revenge sweepers in the BT

1) What type goves best coverage with Psychic moves?
2) Why is Psychic considered a very low-rank offensive type these days? Is it also defensively bad?
3) Should I use Psychic on Latias or Zen Headbutt on Metagross?
1. Fighting. It hits Darks and Steels hard that resist your STAB. Bug is also decent to hit Darks and Psychics and still deal decent damage to Metagross, Bronzong, and Jirachi.

2. Psychic types get taken out by Pursuit and Psychic doesn't give good coverage. Defensively, it has a useful resistence to Fighting, but that's about it.

3. Metagross could use Zen Headbutt to deal decent damage to Rotom-A, Zapdos, and Gyrados in one attack and Latias could use Psychic to hit Fighting types. However, their other moves give better type coverage.

If a player in battle sent out Slowbro and used Trick Room, then you switched it with Shuckle and used Power Trick (or whatever the moves called when you switch attack and defense around), would it become an extremely powerful attacker? Since its defenses are amazing...

Even since I saw a Haunter in the anime using a Psychic (was it?), I had a habit of using Psychic on Gengar, which I feel is the only Ghost-type that abuses it well.
~If I lead with Gengar, Taunt/Counter/Shadow Ball/Hypnosis or Destiny Bond?
~If I use LO Gengar, Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/HP Ice/Hypnosis or Destiny Bond?
~Can Psychic fit for the last slot on SpecsGar (which is the same set as above, just different last slot move), what what should be Mismagius's last slot in the NP set, Psychic or whatever?

Even since I saw a Haunter in the anime using a Psychic (was it?), I had a habit of using Psychic on Gengar, which I feel is the only Ghost-type that abuses it well.
~If I lead with Gengar, Taunt/Counter/Shadow Ball/Hypnosis or Destiny Bond?
~If I use LO Gengar, Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/HP Ice/Hypnosis or Destiny Bond?
~Can Psychoc fit for the last slot on SpecsGar (which is the same set as above, just different last slot move), what what should be Mismagius's last slot in the NP set, Psychic or whatever?
Psychic type attacks are not generally that useful on Ghost types. The coverage of the two attacks is extremely redundant, with neither one helping the other's weakness against Dark and Steel types. Psychic doesn't really do anything except let you hit Normals (which literally every other attack type would also do) and give you SE coverage on Fighting types (against which you are already advantaged due to immunity to their STAB). It is way better to pair your Ghost STAB with a Fighting move, like Focus Blast, which deals SE damage to all three of the holes in Ghost's coverage.

@Focus Sash
6HP/252SpA/252Spe (0Def IVs)
Hasty nature
~Taunt
~Counter
~Destiny Bond? Hypnosis?
~Shadow Ball

@Life Orb
6HP/252SpA/252Spe
Timid nature
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice
~Destiny Bond? Hypnosis?

@Choice Specs
6HP/252SpA/252Spe
Timid nature
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice
~Psychic? Thunderbolt? Sludge Bomb? Energy Ball? Giga Drain?

Note that with Psychic, the Specs set has exacly the same moves as SpecsZam, Gengar's old counterpart.

If a player in battle sent out Slowbro and used Trick Room, then you switched it with Shuckle and used Power Trick (or whatever the moves called when you switch attack and defense around), would it become an extremely powerful attacker? Since its defenses are amazing...
The problem is that other Pokemon can achieve similar attack stats through Swords Dance and such and not be so pathetically weak in the Defense, HP, and Speed departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)