Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to get the secret key for rotoms forms?

I know the event is over, but can't it be traded by "wondercards" over wifi?

Is there any way to get the secret key for rotoms forms?

I know the event is over, but can't it be traded by "wondercards" over wifi?
Nope, no way for you to get the key unless either Nintendo decides to give it out again. Only Japanese Platinum could transfer keys, and that was local wireless only.

Assuming you mean can't, then I have a strange but pretty effective idea for you;
Lanturn. I use a weird EV Spread (80 HP / 60 Spe / 204 SpA / 166 SpD, Calm) with Thunder Wave, Surf, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt. It is actually surpassingly durable even with the low HP investment, and it hits pretty hard too and gets unresisted coverage (I think...). I was unsure when I first used it, but now it is something I consider often. At least think about it :)

No, as its shinyness is not randomly determined. I believe it must be a completely random Shiny to use for SID extraction.
What are the speed EVs for?

working on a breeding project for ninetales. After two rounds, I'm no closer to having a good enough candidate.

I have LF's ditto. Which of the following two male Vulpix should I breed with now?

timid 31/30/29/2/31/31
modest 12/28/31/21/31/31

now, the first one seems better overall, but taking into account attack is useless on a vulpix and the spA stat is complete garbage, the second one looks attractive.

the smogon entry for ninetales says i want a timid one, but as i'm move breeding with a male and a ditto, i have the modest ditto holding the everstone as 50% modest is much better than tossing the dice with all the other crappy natures.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you should progress throught he following parents to go with ditto

x/x/x/x/x/31
x/x/x/x/31/31
x/x/x/31/31/31
x/x/31/31/31/31

and then the final product

Does protect fail if used after detect? or vice versa?
Protect and Detect are essentially the same kind of move, so yes, it will fail. But, you still have a chance for it to work two times in a row, three times in a row, etc.

EDIT: Beaten.

How would I battle my friend without wifi with custom rules? If that is not possible is it possible to auto adjust all combatant pokemon to lvl 50/100? If not is there any other solution to this? I dont have many sub 50 and neither does he.

I think you have to use WiFi to get auto-levelling. Remember there's no reason (as far as I know) you can't WiFi battle even if you're both in the same room!

You probably can't use that thing on a computer you don't have admin rights for - eg a school computer.

252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Spe with a Naughty or Lonely nature (I'd say Naughty so you can still deal with Crunches and whatnot). The neutral nature will basically allow you to 2HKO Skarm with SR up and with Fire Blast. 140 Spe outspeeds 16 Spe Skarm.

Although if I were you, I'd just use Magnezone or a lure (MixTar) to handle it.
Hmm. I'm using a primarily offensive Sandstorm Team, which has problems with Scizor, and 'Champ was the suggestion for my 6th slot to handle said Scizor.
Unless Magnezone would be better (with Sandstorm Immunity)

Hmm. I'm using a primarily offensive Sandstorm Team, which has problems with Scizor, and 'Champ was the suggestion for my 6th slot to handle said Scizor.
Unless Magnezone would be better (with Sandstorm Immunity)
Magnezone is fine, too. Machamp has Ice Punch and a diverse movepool in general, so it can help if you have coverage issues (as many sandstorm teams do), but Magnezone is certainly a check to Scizor. It just depends on what is giving your team trouble.

Honestly, what I would suggest is that you just sign on to Shoddy at test the team. Try it with a couple of Machamp spreads, try it with a couple of Magnezone builds, and see what is working. You are customizing this slot to your specific team and its needs, so any "ideal" spread we give you is going to be based on factors which might not bear any significance. Play 20 matches or so with your team, and I'll bet you won't feel like you need our advice to figure out what to do.

What are "Magic Life Orb Numbers", and how do I find the best one for my Life Orb using Pokémon?
Any number which is one less than a number that is dividable by ten, I think.

Example: 299, 149, 249, etc. Take a number, if you can divide it by ten, take one off.

Time to look into RNG manipulation.

Step 1: Get a shiny Pokémon.

FFFFFFFFFF

I'm currently finishing up Stark Mountain in Platinum, and I've got Buck healing my dudes. I don't plan to hang out here forever, but is there any reason why shinies can't appear in 2v2 in the wild? (I know I'll have to murder Claydol and then the other guy before catching it, but I'm leveling a Froslass so shiny Weezings should be less likely to want to explode.)

I know there's nothing that can be done to increase the appearance rate (other than spawning two at once, if that works) so suggestions as to other things I can do/get while looking would be appreciated.

[All of my shinies are from Emerald or Leaf Green, and while that would be good enough for most things, eventually I'd want a dude/breed move from 4th gen and would have to go do this anyway.]
~Uiru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)